Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday Dec 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did not feel like working out again. Don't know what is up with me! I did W/U and Body Max Upper Body followed by Butts & Guts Floorwork and added Firewalkers to the end. Since I didn't really have time for a full ab workout, I did 3 sets of jacknives with a med ball between my knees and one in my hands. Depending on how my abs feel tomorrow, I may just work them tomorrow for a full ab workout. I only burned 300 calories (lying leg work).

I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that my biceps will probably never look like I want them to due to my cervical disc injury. The radiation of my disc is C6-7 which causes forearm numbness and bicep weakness. On neurological exam (when first diagnosed), I had both of these....thus the reason I'm so weak in my biceps. I guess I should be glad that at least I lift weights and take care of myself cuz if I didn't, I'd probably have pain shooting down my entire arm with more numbness and more severe pain, as well as severe atrophy of the muscles...not just weakness! I'm disgusted with myself. (sorry for the rant - I'm having a poor me moment). You ladies all look so good and it's hard to accept that I'll never reach my goals.

What pound ankle weights does everyone use for Butts & Guts? 5's? Also, what strength band? I have the Spri's that go yellow, green, red, blue, purple and have been using the blue one and sometimes the red one depending on how my legs feel. Diane Sue is probably using the EXTREME strength one!! LOL.

Charlotte - Buckcherry will be touring with Three Days Grace beginning in March. I was just reading about it. I'm trying to find out if they will be doing a full set or just be opening band....as I'm really not interested in driving any distance to see them play for 1/2 hour. That would be a tease! You ready for the Lunar update this weekend? Do you have your Paypal account ready?

Meg - what oils did you end up liking?

Hi to everyone else.

Have great workouts everyone and I'll be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Shopping Max again for me today. I will be doing "All Around The World" move! lol. Yes, I will be everywhere today! Then when I get back I have to work arms. Should be easy enough. Shopping always gets me pumped.

Lora,

I like Three Days Grace. Let me know. I will go with you if I can. Another lunar. Can't wait to see what she will have up. You know, when I listen to Godsmack, the Moon Baby song, I always think of you. Have you heard it before. You may like that one.

I use 5# ankle weights during Butts and Guts. That is all I have anyways. I use the purple band for the firewalkers and I have been really making myself squat as low as I can for these. Tough. I don't know if my biceps will ever look the way I want them too either. I just keep going though. You look great and you are very extreme with your workouts. You have the most beautiful skin too which reminds me I need to visit Thank you Stan.

Hello to everyone else. Be back much later.

Charlotte~~

Hey guys,
I'd write more but I have to get going. I have a great ab work for you guys if you've never done this....Charlotte will probably do 40 sets of this one. ;-)

If you're familiar with P90X's Banana position, get down to the position and hold it there, DO NOT TOUCH THE GROUND WITH YOUR FEET AND HEAD AT ALL....Write 1-10 with your legs then write 10-1 with your legs. Write big numbers, not itsy bitsy numbers. My trainer had me doing this and it's B-R-U-T-A-L. I have severe DOMs in my abs. Writing 8 with the legs is tough. Good luck if you do these. }(

Lisa

Today is my scheduled rest day and I'm glad because I'm sore all over! Even my bi's are sore which makes me happy. I'm delivering Avon today so of course it has to be cold, rainy and high winds! Yikes!

Have great workouts everyone! I'll be back later...

Ooohhhh, sounds good Lisa! I will try that. Notice I said TRY. lol.

Char- have fun shopping around the world!

Lora- first, just wanted to say that I think you look amazing! How many people with ALL you injuries can do what you do. Probably none!
Don't sell yourself so short.
I only have 7 imps, but am waiting on another oil. So far my favorites are Rapture, Wicked, Bewitched. I really like Delight. NYX is alright. R'leyh was the sample and I really like it. It has that earthy smell I think. Somnus really helped me sleep last night!

I didn't WO yesterday. I was sore all over. My hips are bothering me this mornign for some reason. Weird. BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lisa - Yes, we did those in Barry's Bootcamp. I'm on a leg rotation right now....so I can't use my Barry's yet....must wait until I do this leg thing for a few months and try to get them looking better. Barry's Bootcamp has excellent ab work in it. It's the only time my abs have been sore lately.

Toasty - Beth just posted on the Forum about the upcoming Lunars for the year and Carnivale. She states the large Carnivale won't go live for another week or so.....she states it's a very intricate series and special to her and everything must be perfect and it's time consuming. She also states that Lupercalia is right around the corner (Valentine's Day) and we love sex and love at the Lab....so be prepared.....that's how we got the lovely Smut last year!! I think I have 8 bottles of that on hand now!!! Love that stuff, as well as Snake Charmer....I think I have 7 bottles and 1 on the way from E-bay....which I paid $50 for (and $50 for another one a couple days before -commit me now!! - I think our email is still down at work ...not sure though.

Megadoo - thanks.......hello -- we were posting at the same time. I try not to EVEN compare myself to others........cuz the general population are extremely unhealthy and not fit!! I compare myself to you guys.........the hardcore maniacs!!!!!!! On my way into work, I'm thinking and freaking out about the day I will need surgery and need to take an extended period off of my workouts!!! I got sick thinking about it. I have bunions really bad and I'm starting to have all kinds of foot problems! It sucks getting old.

Lora, you are not old. SAY IT TIMES...
I know our bodies don't recover as well as when we were 20, but don't we all look darn good for our age.
I use a yellow band tied tighter for firewalkers. I keep it tied and tighter is the same resistance.I never use it otherwise.

I use 2.5 ankle weights. I can't make it through with 5's.I don't do enough floor work,,,,
I am planning on pyramid down,the standing portion of B& G and if i can take any more the floor work and abs.

I feel really good today. The arms and chest have a slight tingle , but no major killer doms. I am loving the drink. Should have done it a while ago.
Ate really good yesterday.
Protien bar, steamed veggies and hot sauce chicken salad, and a recovery drink..
I am telling my brain 15 # to go . You can do it....Loose the rest of the gutttttttt....Hope the skin goes with it...

Lora, hardcore is doing the best you can at your level. I am not as advanced as Char, Diane Sue, or Deb, but i keep trying. It will pay off. Hopefully by swimsuit season... New Venus catalog. Awesome stuff....

Meag, i am proud of you with your schalitia( did i spell it right) and taking care of kids...
You do alot.
Hello everyone else....(Me and names)you know hairspray...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning,
Today I plan on doing an I Max and Butts & Guts bonus section & then the premix in the floorwork & abs omitting the abs then Gym Style calves and floorwork, stretch/yoga if time.

Lora, did you see my post last night on upper body? I suggested the Upper Heavy premix of Cardio&Weights which runs around 18 minutes. You should not be so hard on yourself. You are doing great. You are up there with your workouts. You add weights where there is none. I use 5 pound ankle weights on Butts & Guts and have not found quite the right thing for the firewalkers. Last time I used the purple dynaband. I think next time I will try the silver. I have a heavy duty rubber band looking thing I tried once but could hardly move my legs. That was tough. I actually did it but it was a fight:)

Lisa, that is a good idea on the banana position. When I do this position on Cathe's new one I hold a dumbbell and where my one pound shoe weights. I guess I need to practice holding it longer

http://wd.1ww.us

Debbie, enjoy the rest day. If your sore it must be working right:)

Charlotte have fun shopping!

Anne, sounds like you have a good workout lined up. You are right we all need to work at our own level and everyone does look great here.

Maeghan, hope you get over your soreness soon.

http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Anne - Good going on the diet.........now if fat girl here could only eat better, maybe I could lose my belly. I get so much bloating that it's sickening. I also have been extremely hungry working my legs more and have been eating slightly more.....but I try to eat extra bananas and salad, etc....I hope that's not that bad.

Charlotte - I've never heard any Godsmack other than what they play on the radio. Do they play the song you mention on the radio?

Diane Sue - I figured you were using the purple. I can barely move my legs in that one. I can use the blue which is the resistance right before that. Your an animal!! Yep, I saw that last night, but it doesn't have a warm/up so I figured the times would be about the same for what I did and that. I cut my w/u in half to save a few minutes. Do you think I'd be safe to work my abs tomorrow if they are only slightly sore? I'm thinking of doing that one Barry ab one...since I was reminded of how good it is. When do you think I can start back on my Barry rotation?? How many months should I do this leg thing 3 times a week? and after that period how often do I work my legs? and when do I go back to 3 days again? every once in a while.........so sorry for the third degree.

Well - I best get to work.

Morning Maniacs! I confess, I didn't get my workout in yesterday and I ate like a pig. Acutally I haven't eaten well all week and I've already had 2 rest days! WHF? I have know idea what workout I'm doing today. I should do another circuit to even out my week. We'll see.

Lora- You don't feel like working out, but you ARE working out. I'm slacking this week. Don't be so hard on yourself. You look great. We can only "do our best and forget the rest"...Ot oH, Tony's back!! LOL!

Char- Now, Shopping Max is a workout I'd never miss! LOL! Have fun!

Lisa- That sounds hard! I'll have to try it, although my back hates that kinda stuff.:( I have to have my legs kind of high and put my hands under my back.

Debbie- Have fun with the Avon in all the bad weather! Well, atleast enjoy your rest day.

Meg- Hope your hips feel better, wonder what bothered them.

Anne- Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday.

Diane Sue- Where did you get all of your bands? I only have the green one and stupidly gave my DD the purple one. I knew the purple was harder. I wasn't thinking at the time.

Well, it's Friday Folks, anyone exited about that? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHoOOOOOOOOOOO HooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - I doubt if eating like a pig for one day could do anything to that lean body of yours!!!

Here goes - Speaking of rest days!!! I WANT HONEST input here. I have started taking them over the past 3-4 weeks and after my rest day, I NEVER feel like working out. Instead of being renewed....I dread it. Tomorrow's supposed to be my rest day. I'm having much difficulty not doing lite aerobics on my rest day....because I've been working legs and not getting as much cardio in during the week. Tomorrow, I'm trying to force myself to do no cardio..and just do yoga/stretching. What does everyone think here? Do you think rest days are not good for me cuz of the way I feel the day after I take one. It's like the 1 day of not working out hard makes me lazy and not want to work hard again! Please be honest....cuz I really am willing to take them now.....and it's taken A LOT to get to this point. (cuz I know I used to always ask and then do a workout anyway after everyone said to rest)

Dallys- oh...........*clears throat*.....isn't that how I gained weight last year with my chocolate binge and then right on to Christmas Cookie season!!! I really need help from you guys cuz I DON'T want to gain any weight from the Holiday chocolates/cookies, etc. It is my weakness!!!

Dallys - maybe we should start a Support Thread for those of us with Cookie/Chocolate, etc. Weaknesses??? NA worked for me.....maybe that would!! LOL!!! Just kidding.....we could support each other here. I'm dangerous now cuz I've gotten a couple bites of a creamstick!!

I also forgot to mention (I don't know how...cuz I'm so Worried about it). My DH got bad news at work and he might be losing his job REAL soon. He's the one who makes the majority of our money....my job is piddlesticks compared to his!! He'll never get another one like it around here either. You need a college education to get that sort of pay, but his company liked him so much when they hired him, they over looked his absent college history. I'm freakin' cuz if we BOTH lose our jobs....God only knows how we'll survive.....we'll both be working minimum wage jobs!

Good morning ladies,

My workout today was GS Biceps, with a Christi Taylor Solid Gold Cardio tacked on for 30 minutes. No, it wasn't heart thumping but I was trying to learn the steps and think I got it for the 1st segment. Anyway, I think Christi is fun and my brain has to really work hard to follow.

I had my niece take my before P90X pictures yesterday, yuk! My legs have gotten HUGE since I last took them a year ago, but they are more solid and strong. I'm hoping to trim up in the lower body. Hope this little Portuguese gal can do it. We all have squatty legs in our family, sturdy, like hobbits.

Char, I tried to post my pictures to my Picture Trail and I get the pictures in there, hit Upload Pics and it just cranks and cranks and nothing gets uploaded. What might I be doing wrong? I have a new email address since I last posted pictures. Would that make any difference? I even tried only uploading 1 picture but to no avail. I'm stumped as I've done it before and it worked.

Lora, I think you look amazing and very young. Your skin is beautiful. I try not to let my looks or my weight or bodyfat control my day, though it can be hard. I do feel absolutely awesome cardio wise so I know that something is working. Just not crossing over to my muscles

Some of you gals are in awesome shape cardiovascularly and I'm thinking you should find a sport or activity where you can compete and track your performance gains. You guys would absolutely rock. Anyone that can do Cardio Coach twice with sustained Level 4 efforts can probably kick the pants off of most runners or cyclists. That's a lot of why I work out cardio wise, is to improve my performance at cycling. Anyways, enough of that.

I'll write more later, DH and I have to drive to Reno, NV and look at a used truck now. Oh joy.

Jeanette

I just squeezed in "Yoga for Happiness-Quickie". I'm quite proud of myself. I've neglected my yoga this last couple of weeks

Jeanette- You crack me up with your "We all have squatty legs in our family, sturdy, like hobbits" comment. LOL! Have fun in Reno, it such a lovely town and a georgous drive. }( ;)LOL!

Lora- I'm sorry to hear about your Hubby's job. I hope he doesn't lose it. It's scary!

Suz- I hope you are enjoying yourself, where ever you are.:)

Randi- Are you feeling any better today?

Ok. Enough posting for me. I'm the "happy bionic poster" this morning. I've got to get to work!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Well, my right hip is killing me! I have no idea what I did. I didn't WO yesterday, and the day before was just UB. It burns everytime I bend at all. So I am not working out now. Maybe later tonight after work if it feels better. I have never had this feeling before. WHo knows.

ANne- thanks for the compliment up there ^^!

Lora- I hope it all works out for you and your DH job wise! Good luck. As for your rest days, they are important, but you need to do what makes you feel good. But, I would hate tosee you hurt yourself and overtrain. I guess I don't know what to tell ya. SOrry.

Dallys- good for you and the yoga. I know how you feel. i took a rest day yesterday, and here now my hip hurts adn who knows if I can work out today??? Pretty much all cardio will effect my hip. Boo hoo.

DS- I agree with you, everyone here is beautiful and looks great!

Netta- can't wait to see your pics. I came home last night to upload mine and they were mysteriously erased from my camera. I think my son may have been playing with the camera. I was so mad! They were good pics. Have to take them again today I guess.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora, I hope your dh doesn't lose his job. I am sorry you have that added stress. Yes, I think it is fine to work abs tomorrow if you are not sore. I have done them every day before, I just don't use weights everyday for them. Quite often if I do a workout that has them I go ahead and do it. I try to do intense ab workouts 3 times a week and then sometimes throw some others in here and there. As far as the legs 3 times a week I would give it 6-8 weeks. Then you could do Barrys and try doing legs two times a week. This should shake things up. I am working mine three times most of the time lately because I want to lean the thigh and hip area back down a little. Especially with the holiday season and all the times where it is hard to stay with clean eating. That is where I put the weight on. The lower leg is always skinny so I add in Calf work. You can go back to 3 times a week once in awhile to shock the legs again. As far as a rest day if it really does bother you go ahead and do a short light cardio. I don't think it is set in stone that you have to rest. I do think the rest day allows the muscles and heart, since it is a muscle as well to recover some.

http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.