Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday April 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did AOS Newport KB workout. I've been afraid to try this cuz of how hard it looked. I've been trying to concentrate on heavier weights the last couple of weeks and this definitely did not fit in this category, as it was more endurance based. I used my 15, 20 and 25 lb KBs. The rounds were 5 minutes each....so I kept dropped to a lighter weight halfway thru the round at times. I only took 30 second rests versus 60 second rests between segments. This had everything from Squat Thrusts to Swings, Hot Potatoes, to lots of ab work, Scorpion Planks, more Planks, lots of low squats and lunge variations, as well as TONS of snatches! I did so many snatches that when the 5 minute bonus snatch challenge came at the end, I didn't do it all (was all "snatched out"). I alternated snatches with around the body passes, Slingshot catches, etc. I added the stretch from Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Challenge. Workout was 68" and I burned 452 calories.

I had my first KB mishap - smacked myself in the lip with the KB handle doing heavy Hot Potatoes. I hope it doesn't bruise too badly.

Have great workouts everyone.

Toasty - there's a BPAL update today. Lots of new lines....but nothing is really thrilling me. I might buy a few bottles to try, but the last couple of updates haven't had anything I ended up liking. I think part of the reason I'm not as excited about BPAL anymore is cuz I'm not allowed to wear perfume to work.

Toasty - just placed my smallest BPAL order ever. I Dragon Moon Tee, 1 bottle of Dragon Moon and 2 imps of Obsidian Widow & Bruised Violet.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well hope my house doesn't burn down. Another fire on the mountain, it is close enough to me. I had to shut my bedroom window last night as my entire bedroom and upstairs smelled like smoke and was hearing the fire trucks too much as well. It was pretty to see burning under the moon which was almost full, but too scary close to home.

So today is biceps/back/abs. So I will report back when I am done. I am hoping to get the zinnia's today for my flowerbed as I want to put all my flowers in now. Got some cleaning to do as well..gonna be another full day.

Lora,

How can someone tell you not to wear perfume???? That is crazy and I would like to know what they told you.

Anyhoo, I did not see those imps you were talking about, are they new? I am not gonna get Dragon Moon. I don't care for dragon's blood too much anyways and I don't think I would like the cedar in there either. I wish she had more up, but I just recently placed an order anyways. I got these (imps):

Velvet
Desire
Debauchery
Eos
Hetairie
? (can't remember the 6th one)

Then I got 2 big bottles of Ravenous and Antique Lace. Ravenous is one of my favs and Antique Lace is one of dh's.

Good morning.
TGIF Yahoo! So ready!

This morning, I did Imax 2 ouchie! legs are tired. Yesterday, I ended up walking to Target store which is 18 minutes one way and 18 minutes back, some how ended up an hour walk, NO power walk, just a semi fast brisk walk, needed to clear me head. I may do a total body workout tomorrow or put off till Sunday all depend on how me legs are feeling. I'll be doing two segments from Ab Hits which will include plank work this evening

Debbie: Sounds like a terrific weekend Enjoy:)

Lori: Nice workout!:)

Toasty: Biceps and Back is that part of the P90X series? Good job! your workouts are always good:)

Okay back to workx( Too everyone else Have a WONDERFUL day :)

Good Morning, I started my workout today with Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam from the CIA series. I went through the step and ball segments but stopped at abs. My abs are actually sore which is unusual for me. Not sure what did it. Tuesday I did the core work from Slo Mo going heavy on the barbell rollouts, I also think the heavy bag and the med ball work from In the Ring hit them some too. That is when I first noticed them being sore. Yesterday I heavied up on the Hi/Lo Knockout core work for the modified turkish get up and did that workout twice plus absolute KB weighted abs and Tracey's parts abs. I could feel them all day yesterday. I am going to go do some total body strength work but lighter than earlier this week.

Lora, sorry you had a mishap with your KB. I think we all have things like that happen. I hope you don't get to much of a bruise.
Good workout. I was watching some video clips of people doing KB workouts on You Tube. It kind of looks like fun, but I can sure see how a person could hurt themselves if they don't control those things.

Charlotte, I need to get outside and do some planting today too:) I bought some geraniums and veggies to plant. Had to sit them on top of the hot tub in hopes the dogs wouldn't bother them.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi all. GOtta run out this morning in a few. Probably gonna try to take the kids for their bike ride later...I will walk. Then I hope to do Chest and Back before I go to work.

Lora and Toasty--I can't take it anymore, I have to order some perfumes. I am out of all my favs. And I would love to try some new ones, but I hope I like them. What are your favorites? CHar, i think we have about the same taste.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

RE: Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday April 1...

Morning Maniacs,

This morning workout was brutal the first superset just about killed me.
It was three sets of 15 with a two minute rest.

Back/Chest
Pullovers
15/15/15 - 43#
Incline Dumbbell Press
15/15/15 - 30's **tried first set at 35's wasn't happening, tried next set at 31 1/2 wasn't happening, think pullovers pre fatigued the chest***

Quads/Shoulders
BSS
15/15/15 - 75#
HG Front Raises
15/15/15 - 15's

Hamstrings/Triceps
Hamstring Curls
15/15/15 - 42 1/2#
Weighted bench dips
15/15/15 - 55#

Then hanging ab work, 4ds calf work and C&W cardio only premix. And again that was enough!

Linda

Morning Maniacs! I must be having spring fever or something. I slept yesterday for a rest day and then today I could not get up and work out for the life of me! I guess the positive side of that is that I am sleeping really well.

I will hit the weights hard this weekend and then run and garden on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good Morning
I'm off today ( of work that is :)!! Today i'm doing L&G standing only then 4DS legs and abs not sure which one. Todayi'm taking my dog Bailey to get her yearly shots. She loves the vet, have know idea why LOL. Have a great day
Randi

Meg,

All the ones I like are posted on my blog on myspace..check it out. Tell me which kind of notes you like and I will direct you. I ordered Velvet because that smells like choc/vanilla and I believe it has orange blossom in it too.

The mountain is still burning and I could literally see the flames rising above just outside of people's homes. We are not expecting rain til Sunday. GOSH!

Toasty - there are new blends under Neil Gaiman's Stardust and 2 new categories - Doc Constantine's Pharmacopoeia and Phoenix Steamworks. The latter 2 category are available in imp sizes.

Has anyone else checked out the cholestral in most of the Whey protein powders?? I was wondering why my cholestral levels were so high and I checked back to see what it was since meals were all veggies, plain yogurt w pp, and ground turkey. I recently started monitoring since this last year my bad cholestral has been up. I have really good levels on good cholestral. Bothers me as I have always had great health reports. Guess it was age related since this was a first. I saw that Isopure was good on cholestral.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.