Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Finally Friday 10-27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Arms and Abs. I loved Barry and loved this workout. I finished in just about 1 hour and burned 400 calories between the weight work and the short intense aerobics.

Someone stated in a thread the other day in the Open Forum that Barry was "weird" and I hadn't done his DVD yet, but I did preview it and yes, he is a little weird, but I quickly jumped to his defense cuz he's a recovering addict and y'all know that subject is near and dear to my heart. Someone at VF posted an article once about him and his classes and that he was newly sober (2 years or such - that's new to me) and was very tough. That is one of the biggest reasons I wanted these, cuz I know how tough I can be on myself, so I figured, he'd be the same way and today's workout proved me right! Here's what I posted on the thread this morning regarding Barry being weird. Sort of long - so if not interested skip the next part.

I just finished Arms and Abs with Barry. I loved this workout. This was the most fun I've had working out in a long time. I actually like Barry the best out of the instructors now that I've done his DVD. I can see why it's BARRY's Bootcamp. I love him. He's relentless and has this mad scientist sort of laugh cuz he's lovin' torturing everyone. He comes across very sincere, but drill sargeanty at the same time (if that makes any sense). I guess I really do like weird people. He's got a great motivating personality. I loved the torture. I actually had to stop a moment here and there and one of my biggest pet peeves is when an instructor takes too much time explaining or between exercises. He was extremely fast with his instructions and got down to business. When we switched arms, he always said "NOT A BREAK PEOPLE". I loved it. I was like, yeah....c'mon!!!I even liked the ab segment. You used a dumbbell and did jackknives. I felt it good in my abs (I never feel it in my abs). He did a lot of static holds at the end of his weight movements and isometric holds at the end of the jacknives.....burn baby burn. Okay.....I'll quit now....just thought I'd share.

The one downside.....is that they literally go from all out cardio to zilch....nothing....no cooldown and no stretch. The cardio in this one was fun also. Lots of jumping jacks, plyolunges (plunges as he calls them), plyo lunges off of a higher step, hopping side to side off of the higher step (I used a lower one and my HR was jacked to 158), football runs, jumping squats off and on the step. Anyway ....after my Barry's aerobics the other day (I did 50 min), my legs were so sore, my butt was sore and my calves were sore.......I think they should really stretch you and cool you down after that...but now I just know I have to either do it on my own or break a Cathe out for the end.

Have great workouts everyone. My boss is off today and Monday...so i"ll be around....but I can't screw off too much, as I've got tons of work.

Charlotte - I'm wearing Trick 1 today. I got the rest of my order. I got one of each of them. Not sure what my fave's are yet.

WOW Lora, what time to you get up and workout in the morning? You are always on here first and done working out - you are my hero!! :*

Today is upper body - not sure which DVD yet, I want it to be a good one so maybe PUB. I have most of my Cathe workouts on VHS so the premixes don't exist yet for me ;( Hopefully I can start to convert soon. When I do, what are some absolute musts right away?? Any suggestions?

I hope everyone has a great day! It's actually suppose to be really nice out (50's) today - love it!!

Have a great day!
Marcia.

69 days to Mexico!!!

Good Morning Superhero Maniacs and Bionics alike!!!!

Took down my upside picture. Tired of looking at myself in that position. lol. Back to normal again. Worked upperbody really good yesterday. I will do coremax 3 today. I just couldn't get into it yesterday and I wanted to. Will work legs today too. Thinking of doing lots of walking lunges and some deadlifts, etc.

Lora,

Glad you are liking your Halloween stuff. I was wondering how those would smell. I placed another order yesterday...I wanted to try the rest of the lovey dovey voodoo scented ones plus Black Rose and Dublin. The last of my imps to get are..Bewitched, Seance, Shattered, Inferno, Temptation and Shadow Witch Orchid.

I might like that Barry's Boot Camp. That sounds fun. I love plyo's, etc. I really don't care if anyone is weird or not when I work out just as long as they work you out really good. That stuff doesn't matter to me.

Marcia,

Hope your day turns out nice.

Diane Sue,

Thanks!

Hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning,
I am tired this morning. The puppy woke me at 5:30. Since I stayed up late I was not so pleased. I think she wanted attention more than anything. So I am drinking some coffee and will go push through a workout. Today I am going to do Straight Up Step and a total body workout. I think I may do Muscle Max or Pyramid total body premix with some other lower work added.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Good morning Maniacs! Today is my rest day. Have to go into work on my day off to do billing. Bummer. But at least I could use the extra $$$.

Charlotte - explain walking lunges to me. Are they hard on the knees?

Debbie,

You know we both seem to have issues with our knees with alot of running (you on treadmill), etc. Walking lunges helped shaped my quads more in the beginning and works the glutes good as well. They do not bother my knees too much if I am in a continuous walking motion. Other lunges bother my knees because it is stopping and continuing which is tricky. Now I need to find other workouts that will work hamstrings good other then running. Ideas?

Have a great rest day!

Diane Sue,

Sorry you are "sleepy faced"...this is what I tell my hubby when I am very tired. lol. A puppy can be a handful in the beginning. I remember. My FIL is coming down from Maryland this weekend with his three poodles. We will have 5 dogs this weekend and a cat. My FIL is also a chain smoker and it will be raining all day Saturday. I told hubby...no smoking in the house at all...not even under the stove fan. I can't stand the smell. I can't stand it from a mile away!!!! I don't know what to do. He might not ever get to come down again. He is getting old and soon moving to another state.

Charlotte~~

Char-- good luck with your FIL. That must be a tough situation.
My favorite way to work the hammy's is the move Cathe does in PLB on the ball. Ya know with your heel on the ball and the other leg in the air, then LIFT BABT LIFT!! Get's me GOOD! (I like the tank too)

DS- just when you thought you were done with the kiddies waking you up at unGodly hours, you got a puppy now LOL!! He is a cutie. GOod luck getting your WO done.

Lora- did you watch GH? Make sure you stay awake to watch it tonight!! You are making me want Barry's WO more and more!

Deb- just got my new Avon book. I could literally go broke this time around. Alot of nice stuff. I probably won't order anything if I can't narrow it down!

Marcia- how often do you teach your class? Must be alot of fun.

I will WO later. THink I irritated my neck. Got 9.5 hours of sleep last night (sorry DS) which is amazing. Gotta go have some fun with the boys first! See ya later.
BTW- for the hell of it I put on my bikini this morning and holy crap, it actually looks kinda good. I will wear it when I take pics, as long as the lighting is low LOL!!!

~~Rogue~~

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Morning ladies. Did we all get our confirmation?
If not i am sure you will by Mon.
I have some DOMS in the chest. That S&H workout did something.
I was really shaking...
Maybe i will catch up with Deb, Char and Diane Sue.

Feeling better, the antibiotics are breaking this up and working on the intestinal trac.This has not been my 2 weeks.
Then i almost fell down the basement steps. I caught myself and slid on 2 of them.
I am like the biggest clutz lately.

Well, S&H biceps and triceps in the plan for tonite.
Finish up the series this week.

Be back later,
Anne
AKA(Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Megadoo - Yes, I was awake. Yay for me! I still have the one or 2 I missed from earlier in the week on tape to watch this weekend.

Diana Sue - You'd be proud of me. I was able to change my pixel size on the photo and upload it as my avatar - only I did it from work, so I'll have to do it from my home computer later. I also figured out how to create an album of avatars on the perfume forum and uploaded about 5 last night so I can have some variety with my avatars. I can't believe I figured it out. I probably couldn't do it again if I tried!! LOL.

Anyone get a shipping notice for their new Cathe's yet?

Has anyone here ever done Kundalini Yoga? It's a very "different" kind of yoga where breath of fire is used and it works on the adrenals moreso, than traditional yoga. I did it for a while, but it's not usually that strenuous so I quit (couldn't find time). I just got a 3 set DVD from Ravi Singh & Ana Brett - one is called Dancin' the Chakras (Kundalini works on the chakra's also). I can't wait to see my DH laugh at me doing this one!! Yoy! At a lot of new agey rehab centers, they incorporate Kundalini into recovering addicts rehab programs. It's supposed to help addicts stay "clean". Maybe it will help my "mental" state and my adrenals could always use a little help, as well as my chakras!

Meagan like my new pic.
I am dreamin
God my chest hurts...
Need some pain. Do some S&H as heavy as you can....
WOW!!!

Diane Sue, take a nap today...
You deserve it.
Lora, I am dumb with this stuff too.
I went on line and saved some pics of x-men to my documents and loaded them to the pic trail or i would have no idea how to do it.
Anne

AKA Storm

Hey Maniacs! Today is KenpoX and ARX. I'll have to do that way later today. I got home late last night (jewelry party) and then DS threw up last night at 3:00 in the morning. Poor kid didn't quite make it to the bathroom, but did a fantasic job spraying the walls in the hallway! Anyways, didn't sleep well. House was a mess, of coarse no one cared to help last night, so I've been cleaning all morning. Now, it's off to work and I have a loooooooong day, because I took a day off this week.:(
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later...

~~Dallys~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Anne,

Wicked picture. I like your hair the color it is now though. ;-) Your bod? My gosh!!! lol.

Bionic Yoga Woman,

You kill me with some of these bionic names of your workouts! he he. Sorry you have pukey walls, or you did. My dog shot diarrhea on my closet door last week. How do you think that made me feel???? x( :eek: }(

Well girls, I will be doing my walking lunges in the house while The Shining is on. I will feel like I will be in that maze too cuz the way my house is situated with so many entrances and lack of hallway. Now I have to do some deadlifts to Godsmack music and Coremax 3 AFTER I am done with walking lunges. I have been really bad at putting off core work...what is my problemo?

Charlotte (The Spunky One)...rotten wood and things to pluck, this I am. lol.

I'm starting to feel left out in the cold. No UPS tracking number I got. Some are already getting their dvd's...did you all see the post of one? I WANT A NUMBER!!!! Anyone else not get a tracking number yet?

Charlotte~~

Do you like my blue hair.My favorite color. I will look like that someday...

I had to search for that you know.

Have patience Char it will come.
How do you do walking lunges all over your house???

It is awful quiet here today.

Hey, we have the shining on here at work.
It is the remake.
Have a howling good day.

Just finished my walking lunges. Did them with 20's, 200 of them. Earlier did deadlifts with 110# in 3 sets of 10. Now onto coremax 3. I need a neck workout today. lol.

Anne,

I hope nothing gets screwed up. I sent a check.

Spunky

Anne,

I weigh 5 more pounds than that. he he. Come and watch me. I will show you. I got more determination then you can ever imagine. I can't explain it any other way. Will power. Focus. Music in the background.

Charlotte~~

Good afternoon,
Today I did Straight Up Step no str, CTX Step & Intervals cardio, Muscle Max no w/up or str, 4 sets 15 reps @ 310# resistance on the Bowflex calves and leg press, Pyramid calves & floorwork using 15# dumbbells on the glute lifts and 5# ankle weights on the outer thigh work. In between I ran to check my e mail for shipping confirmation still none. Still checking:)
On MM I did
dumbbell squats with 15# dumbbells
Barbell squats 65#
Barbell static lunges 60#
Pushups
Dumbbell Flys 20# dumbbells
Barbell underhand rows #1,#2 55#
Dumbbell one arm row 35#
Barbell pullovers 45#
Leg press silver band
Plie squats #1,#2 35# dumbbell
Dumbbell lateral raise 15# dumbbells
Band lateral raise green
Dumbbell upright rows 1 12#,2 15#
Barbell front/delt raise 25#
Barbell Biceps curls 1 50#,2 45#
Dumbbell Biceps curls 15#
Dumbbell triceps press 1 20# 45# barbell dips, 2 25#press 45# barbell dips
Band kickback purple band

Lora, good for you figuring out your avatar:) I figure out something like that and if I don't do it for awhile I tend to have to relearn. Easier the next time though.

Charlotte, when I do walking lunges through my house I start at the workout room go to the laundry area and back and it is 50 walking lunges.

Anne, you have to watch those basement steps girl. Glad you are feeling a lot better.

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Hey SuperManiacheros!

Just a quick check-in whilst I inhale my apple, string cheese and turkey. I'm wathching "Wolfen". Have no clue what's going on. LOL! While I'm working I can mostly only listen and miss all the good gory monsters stuff.

Back to work, wish I could stay and chat, but, you know...duty calls.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.