Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 20,2008 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would start this. I haven't done my workout yet. I slept in. I will be doing strength workout A of the rotation I am following but using parts of Slow and Heavy and Parts of Butts and Guts. Now sure what cardio I want to do yet.

Suz, sorry you had to rush home. I am sure it probably feels good to be at home though.

Hermia, sounds like you have been pretty busy.

Attachments

• 0025.jpg
    0025.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 25
Had a killer workout this morning. Man, I can't believe I wrote up this rotation. It is HARD!!! Today I did Gym Style Back & Biceps premix but did it twice through. That was hard. I had to go to wimpy weights by the second time through.

Reverse Grip Dumbbell Rows: 30's - 2 sets/8 reps; 25's - 2 sets/12 reps
***Second time I used 25's and 20's.
Barbell Curls: 45# - 2 sets/10 reps w/4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 40#.

One Arm Rows: 27# - 2 sets/12 reps 2/2 ct.
***Second time I used 25#.
Dumbbell Bicep Partial Reps: 12's - 2/2 ct. 8 reps bottom half, 8 reps top half 2x's.
***Second time I used 10's.
Concentration Curls: 15# - 10 reps 6 ct. up/2 ct/s down; 4 reps static holds.
***Second time I used 12#.
Concentration Curls: 22# - 8 reps 3 cts up/1 down.
***Second set I used 20#.

T-Back Squeeze w/Band: Purple
***Same w/second time.
Dumbbell Pullover: 35# - 2 sets/8 reps 4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 30#.
Curl Up/Reverse Down: 15's - 10 reps 4/4 ct.
***Second time I used 12's.
Hammer Curls: 15's - 10 reps 2/2 ct.; 4 reps 6 cnts up, 1 down; 2 reps 2/2 ct.
***Second time I used 12's. These just burn.
Wrist Curls: 10's - 2 sets/16 reps.
***Used the same for second time.

Low Back Extensions on Step
***Skipped this both times.
Low BAck Rotation Tilts.
***Skipped this both times.
***Don't like this exercise and my low back was really tight by this time.

That is all...

Diane Sue - I love the "Santa" picture. ;) Very cute. Yes, it is great to be home! I'm glad DH is such a good driver. After we were home he kept saying how he couldn't believe what an awful drive that was and how it was the worst drive ever. Poor guy!

Debbie - I'm sorry but I missed the wimpy weights in your workout. You're so funny! I posted a little more about that trainer last night. I saw that I pushed your hot button. :p I didn't get a chance to respond since we had to leave Washington pretty quickly.

Today I am going to do shoulders and triceps and cardio so I'll be all caught up (well, I'll be behind on 2 days of cardio but I'm not too worried about that). I also have to address our Christmas cards. I hope they make it on time!

All these people have been finding me through Classmates.com from high school and another guy from high school just found me on Facebook last night. How much fun is that? I went to a huge high school in LA. It's been a lot of fun reconnecting with all of these people. :)

Workout today was walk/jog on the treadmill for 4.5 miles. I burned 508 calories on the treadmill 477 calories during strength total calories was 985 50% fat burned
Then I did My substitutions for Strength A as follows:
(on my own) dumbbell reverse lunge off of the step 3 sets x 8 reps 20# dumbbells on left and then right
Slow and Heavy
seated overhead press 3x8reps 20# dumbbells
dumbbell deadlift 3x8reps 35# dumbbells
dumbbell rows 3x8reps 25# dumbbells
incline bench press 3x8reps 15# dumbbells
1 x20 reps calf raises with 25# dumbbells while switching dvds
Butts and Guts
firewalkers purple band
bonus legwork
sit and stand 65# barbell
leg press 2x16 reps 20# dumbbells left and right
stability ball glute squeeze
stability ball hamstring roll in
stability ball bonus abs
stretch

Suz, I bet that was quite a drive. Bill dressed up as Santa when he surprised the grandchildren Tuesday night:D We had a lot of fun. Bill had helped with his class reunion and set up a website and everything. He graduated in California. Meeting up with people that you used to know is fun.

Debbie, that looks like one tough workout. Those are not wimpy weights. You amaze me with what you can do.

Last edited:
Hi all! Yesterday was my rest day so today I will be back on schedule with 4DS cardio premix #9.

Debbie...wimpy weights???.... what you talkin' bout willis! :)
Diane Sue...love the santa pic!
Suz...glad you made it home safely. My two cents on cracker-jack gym trainers....having actually went to college and studied for a degree in physical education it would piss me off when I would be in the gym and some so-called "trainer" wanted to give me tips...are you kidding me! They probably don't even know what kinesiology means let alone how to spell it!

Off to do my workout then to Christmas party.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.