Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 14 2008 Sunday

WD

Cathlete
Today is normally my rest day. My knee is still hurting so I got up and walked on the treadmill for 2.25 miles and did Keli Roberts Flexibility for the inflexible foam roller workout before I went to church. DH is coming home from Kosovo tomorrow so I went shopping and stocked up on some things this afternoon. Need to clean house today:D Where is everyone? I was surprised when I didn't find a thread started unless I just didn't look right.

Very quiet on the forum today! It is cold and rainy and just gloomy outside so I laid on the couch most of the morning. Heading upstairs to do shoulder and tricep workout and then run on treadmill.

Diane Sue....I bet you are soooo excited DH is coming home! Hope your knee is feeling better!

Hey Maniacs! Today I did Squeeze Stronger and Karen Voights Yoga Stretch. I did manage to get my tree up today, so I'm happy about that...whoo (forehead whipe).

Diane Sue- Yeah! I bet you are so happy to have dh coming home! Is he home for awhile or does he go back soon?

Sonya- It's cold and gloomy here too. Been seeing a lot of the couch also.:eek:;) Enjoy your workout.

Here is today's workout from December Rotation:

SHOULDERS
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 15's - 1 set/10 reps; 20's - 2 sets/10 reps

Standing Lateral Raise: 12's - 2 sets/10 reps - 2/2 ct.
This is my fave shoulders exercise so I added: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps single count

Lateral Raise w/Band: yellow

Front Raise w/Band: yellow

Dumbbell Rear Flies: 12's - 2 sets

Rear Delt Flies w/Band: yellow

TRICEPS * My least favorite body part to work!
Close Grip Barbell Press: 50# - 2 sets/10 reps 2/2 ct.; last set she added 4 reps w/4/4 ct.

Dips: HS w/3 risers - 24 reps

Dumbbell Lying Extensions: 10's - 1 set/8 reps, 8's - 1 set/8 reps

Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps

Cross-Body Extentions: 10# - 1set/12 reps, 8# - 1 set/12 reps
Felt these!
Cross-Body Extentions w/Band: Yellow

Kickbacks: 10# - 1 set/10 reps, 8# - 1 set/10 reps

Kickbacks w/Band: Yellow

ABS
Hanging Leg Raises 15/10/10
Ab Hits: Slow and Heavy Traditional Abs and Superman and Planks

CARDIO
30 minutes HIIT on treadmill

Dallys... at least you got your tree up before Christmas, that's all that matters right? :) I happened to see one of the Squeeze workouts on you-tube--Those look tough!

I have been cleaning all afternoon. Got some baking to do tomorrow and a couple of things to pick up at the store before I pick up dh. I am sure hoping to get in a good weight workout tomorrow. My knee feels much better this afternoon. I shouldn't have worn heels to church and shopping though. It really hurt walking this morning. Came home and put on my Crocs RX and I feel good right now. That pain was running from the inside of my knee around to the back. All of the getting up and down out of planters yesterday did not help when we were cleaning up leaves. Now it is really windy and a cold front is coming in. It was beautiful outside earlier. I just hope the ice and stuff holds off so I can pick up dh from the airport tomorrow evening.

Dallys, DH is home for good(Ithink) LOL That is what I thought the last time so I won't hold him to it.

Sonya, nice workout. I think I forgot to post mine on Saturday. I was so busy with yard work and stuff.
Oh well maybe I will get back to it tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.