Hardcore Fitness Maniacs and Crazies May 28th

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is biceps and shoulders. So anyone doing anything special today? My dh is working today and so really don't have any plans. Going to a graduation on Thursday, but leaving to Maryland on Weds.

Anne,

Driving in DC or just on the outskirts? If actually driving thru DC..I feel for ya. Total confusion and chaos..I would not recommend it. Otherwise, it is not bad just outside of DC. The Maryland drivers are fast drivers and they can be rude as well. I am from Maryland so I should know..I drive that way myself! lol.

No job yet. I applied at Tastee Freeze. OY! Should be great for motivating me more after giving people nasty food all day and seeing obese and morbidly obese people all day. It may actually be good for me. I need a evening job anyhow and it is 3 mins away. I haven't heard from them either yet, but know that lady that works there and she will put in a good word for me. I know what else I could do...lol Yeah, I know. :)

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Pyramid Upper Body, Lotte Berk Blast from High Round Assets and then 35" of Celebrity Sculpt Tae Bo. Workout was 1 hour 50" and I burned 500 calories. I also did Kathy Smith's New Yoga 50" (old VCR tape).
I've got a migraine ......it's TTOTM. Joy!! I just took something for it cuz I couldn't stand it already....so hopefully it will kick in shortly.

Nothing special planned for today.

Toasty - My first job when I was 15 was at a Dairy Queen. I loved it.......but of course, back then I could eat all that stuff and still stay stick thin!! LOL. The good ol' days..........cuz ya know I love my sweets.

Have great workouts everyone and a great day relaxing if you're not working.

Good Morning, today is another busy day but I am hoping to get in a workout. The M&F one is chest, triceps and abs 5 explosive on the positive reps. These last two weeks focus on rep speed. I want to try out Seasun's bosu blast. We have a birthday party this afternoon for my grandson and we will be working on the office again. We put in all new flooring and today is the walls and putting the furniture back in. I have been getting to bed late. Kind of tired. School is out so my grandchildren will all be here tomorrow morning.

Lora, I think I looked at Splenda brown sugar before and all it is is a mix of splenda and brown sugar. I opted not to waste my money because I could add my own brown sugar if I wanted to. I think if you want steel cut oats you would have to go to a nutrition center or find a grocery store that carries a good selection of grains and cereals. I know Buy For Less grocery store here sells it. I don't know if you have one of those around there. Has a much nicer texture when cooked than the usual slimey stuff.

Charlotte, when I was a kid I used to stop at Tastee Freeze for ice cream after school and then would walk home eating it. LOL

Dallys, I wish I had roses. At our old house I had some beautiful roses. For some reason here they don't do well. Even before we got the dogs who chewed them to nubs they didn't do well. It is hard to find a good spot for them because we have so much shade. I think another reason though may be that the ones I had before I bought at a nursury and they were rather expensive. The Walmart variety seems to not do well.

Anne, sounds like fun doing flower beds. I bet it makes it pretty when customers come in. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Hi to everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Dh just got a interview set up for me tomorrow at the gas station. OY! I guess I should be happy, but dh upset me some when telling the guy I am very flexible and would be willing to work any hours. I told dh that I have to get in my workouts..he says that is not a priority..WTH? YES IT IS! Anyhow, I will go tomorrow and tell the guy what I want to tell him..afterall, it is I who will be working, not dh.

Diane Sue,

Enjoy the day! Sounds fun!

Charlotte~~

Char, if you wear a swim suit. You could make some tips.LOL...

You will get your w/o's in. I do. Well most days..

I am going to Herndon VA. Outskirts of DC.
I have my Tom Tom and printed out a map. Dh went through it with me on the tricky roads.Takin Mom. get her out of the house..

Going to Idewild Park today. I bought us all season passes. Only 25 min away and worth it for the pool and the rides for grandson. I like jumpin jungle.. Maybe it will wear out Gson some. He is an energiser battery..LOL..
God, my back is killin me...
I really overdid it, but i wanted it done... All perenials.. Will be pretty as they get bigger. The red mulch makes a difference..

Thanks Diane Sue. I am nervous and stressed really bad...

How much is gas up to this week. I swear i am going to buy me a scotter...LOL... It is like 57 bucks to fill my sport trac now...
Like a car payment...a month...

Beach is 1 month away... So excited..We got an oceab front condo this year.The Ocean Club. New... Not 50 yrs old and actually only 100 bucks more than last year. Has a new fitness center and a spa on the grounds...Then we take the bikes...
Beach, fitness center.. I am set..
No more overprised dumps...
Now to quit eating for a month..
Bought 2 new suits...
What ya think...It is hard to decide...So many to choose from...

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.as...prod=contour+halter,+low+rise+moderate+bottom

http://www.venus.com/viewproduct.as...Tops&prod=contour+halter+top,+low-rise+bottom

We are going to Atlantic Beach
www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Today was legs following the Tri-set routine. Most of the exercises were suppose to be done on a machine but since I don't have anything like that, I had to make up my own routine. 2 minutes rest between each tri-set. This is what I did:

Quads:
Barbell Squats: 105# 1 set/4 reps - 115# - 2 sets/4 reps (this is the heaviest I've gone with squats since my back injury)
Triset w/
Plie Squats: 45# - 3 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
Leg Extensions: 50# - 3 sets/20 reps (by the time I got to these my quads were burning!)

Hamstring:
Deadlifts: 45# - 1 set/4 reps - 50# - 2 sets/4 reps
Triset w/
Hamstring Curls: 45# - 3 sets/12 reps
Triset w/
Hamstring Press: Purple band - 3 sets/20 reps each leg

Kind of puny weights, but I still worry about my low back, especially with heavy squats and deads. I'm shocked that I am even able to do deads right now. I'll take it! I pray each time do them! LMAO!!!

Char - Good luck with your interview. You must be a pro at them by now! :)

Anne - I love the first link, that suit is SMOKIN'!!!!

Hope you all have a great holiday and workouts if you choose to do one!

Diane Sue - I meant to ask you if you ever made the salad dressings in that Turbo Jam eating guide. If so, are they good? I was reading that book last night and it makes me want to have a kitchen with a working stove! My kitchen is sooo tiny....no room for anything. I wonder if you can make Steel Cut Oats in a microwave and if they would taste good. I made regular ones in the microwave and they were gross and mushy!

Anne,

Oh, that is not a bad area to drive around. No worries. Now SE 14th Street in DC might be though. Oy! Herndon is not too too far from me. When you going? Maybe we could meet? I'll bring my camera.

So what does one wear when going on a interview at a gas station? lol.

Debbie,

Killer workout! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Charlotte~~

Mornin Maniacs,

On my way to doing a full body workout. Can't believe how busy I am these days. Will have a couple of family members over today for dinner and a movie. Need to do some cleaning before they arrive. Got a go.

Everyone, have great work outs, and a beautiful day.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Anne, I like the first suit, I like them both but the first suit is hot!! If I were you I would go with that one!!

Hello to the other maniacs!! I did P90X Chest and Back this am and now I am just relaxing with a nice cup of tea.

Toasty I saw a swimsuit for you in the victorias secret catalog. It is a bikini and its all black with a skull and crossbones on the top!
When I saw it I thought of you immediately-I think it would look awesome on you and I thought it was your style. You should check it out!!

Where is Jennifer, Meag, Suz, Dallys?

Hello to Janie, Lora, Debbie, Diane Sue!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sincerely,
Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks. I will. :p Alright Lisa..just checked it out and some others. The black one is cool, but top is not padded. No like. I got this one instead...

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...P-204284&page=2&cgname=OSSWMBIKZZZ&rfnbr=1232
Anne,

I will check out your suit. O.k...just checked it out. I would go with first one. I wore white once and you could see thru it. Hmmm.

Done with workout. Tired today. Think either the heat getting to me or I ate something bad. It is mild, but making me feel very weak.

Anyhow I pushed myself and did:

Concentration Curls with 40's 4 sets/4
Barbell Curls with 60# 4 sets/6
Cheat Curls with 70# 10x's. Once I did these without cheating so just fatigued.
Lateral Raises with 15's 3 sets/8
Reverse Lateral Raises with 12's 3 sets/8 (very hard)
Bent Over Raises with 15's 3 sets/8
Seated Overhead with 45# barbell 3 sets/8

Did various ab work from abs diet book.

Charlotte~~

Hi Ladies
Went out last night so I just woke up its 3:10. Just trying to figure out what rotation to do.
BBL
RAndi

Char,

That suit is awesome! I really like that. I like the black one too its so cool but I understand the padding.

Lisa

Hey Maniacs! You would not BELIEVE the goodies I found at a garage sale!! I found a 'squat rack' complete with 'lat pulldown' and 'pullup bar'! Plus, I also got a real good high quaility bicep preacher curl thingy that fits on my weight bench. I got it all for $110 bucks! Will take awhile to get it in the basement as I'll have tons of stuff to move around...might have to take out a wall. OH! and I also got a little statue figure thingamajig of 'Hank Williams Jr." He sings and boogies. It was 2 bucks. It's so freaking cool for a nerdy type like me. Ds is showing it to all his friends. LOL!

Anne- I'm a jalepeno lover too! Love it on Pizza. Just got some Habenero Cheese to die for! Love the hot stuff.

Diane Sue- Roses are sensitive to where you plant them. I got cheapos at Home depot about 4 years ago and this is the first year that they all look good. There were 2 that have had a rough time.

Toasty- Wear your overalls with some grease spots on them for the interview. LOL! Hmmm, I don't know. I would just dress nice, but not to dressy. Nice slacks, not levi/denim type.

Lisa- Good to see you posting here again!

Randi- That's some sleepin in! Must have had fun last night.}(

Janie- Have fun with the family. How is your gardening going?

Debbie- Good job on the workout! Not to puny of weights. That's more than what Cathe uses in her workouts.

Lora- Hope your headache is better.

Hi to everyone else out there. Gotta go play with my new toy (Hank).

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Ended up doing power hour. June I'm going to focus on high cardio and muscle endurance.
Hope you all had a great weekend
Randi

Char,

I love that suit you picked out for Anne!! Oh my gosh its perfect for her I hope she sees it! I like that one better then the 2 she picked out! Maybe you should do that for a living!! You are so good at that!

Dallys I love that jacket in VS too! I was thinking of getting the jacket for myself because its so cool!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.