Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Checkin for Friday, June 22

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Jillian's Frontside Circuit for Beginners (but she gives advanced tips also). I really upped the weights on this today since it was my 2nd time thru and had a great workout. Circuit was about 52" and then I added on some new Firm - Cardio Overdrive for a bit. Total workout was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 550 calories. I then did Lotte Berk - Muscle Eats Fat - Bonus Blast (legs) and Yoga for Stress Release 30".

I'm really liking these circuits. It's a great way to lift heavy - get a good muscle soreness and burn calories. I'm thinking I should do these all of the time, but I know you have to change things up periodically. I'm still sore from the Backside workout the other day.

The new Firm's look pretty good. I previewed them last night and I enjoyed the small portion I did today. The cardio is mixed impact and has some kickboxing moves thrown in. The music is half decent and the set is clean and airy. I'm very inspired by the new Firm Trainer that leads the weighted workout. I'll be trying that one first - High Definition Sculpt.

Have great workouts everyone.

ETA- Diane Sue - Re: The Pit Workouts - I've previewed them. They look tough and I hear they make you sore. The music is good also. They do some free form kicking and punching segments. I'm a bit afraid to try them yet, as I need to figure a good way of modifying some of the pushups. The upper body one is all various pushups (like divebombers, plyo ones, etc) with punching drills and aerobic drills...basic old school stuff (about 65"). You get a lower body workout (lots of deep squats with kicks, etc) about 54 min and a total body workout about an hour and a stretch workout (separate from the above times). I think the price is right on these. Does it sound like something you'd like?

Good Morning, today I am taking a rest day. My Dad is visiting and will be leaving this afternoon. He wants to get home to his Cats:) It is the last day of VBS. It will be nice not having to do that twice a day. That 40 miles a day could get old.

Debbie, enjoy your rest day. I hope you get everything you want done.

Lora, I am not sure about the Pit. It sounds like one of those workouts that I would approach with some dread. After Barry's Total body workout once, I am not really looking forward to doing it again. I will push myself to do it again though. I am sure I can use that kind of workout once in awhile.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning ladies..
I just hit the recumberant bike last night for 45 and did some crunches. Felt good. I think i like my treadmill better, but was not in the mood to w/o . I had to do something.. I need to go back and catch up. HAve a great day everyone...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Today is PLB and abs. May hang out at the pool IF I have time. Doubt it though.

So went to cancer center yesterday with FIL. Seen his xrays as he wanted me to go in with him (was alittle uncomfortable though). He has spots all over his liver and the bottom part of liver is one large spot, covering 1/4 of liver. Going for more test next week to determine what kind of cancer it is, but so far even though he spokes almost 2 packs a day, his lungs are clear (imagine that)???? Doc asked him how much he smokes. I interrupted and said, "Damn too much". It is true. Had my head out of his van the entire trip there. I still got a taste of the ciggs in my mouth and I was pissed off by this. So the cancer center was quite depressing to be at. Wigs on display and floppy hats. Hearing women talking of nursing homes and such. I had this urge to scream out something random and then do some sprints up and down the hallway. lol.

Happy Friday,

Debie: you mean too tell me you take rest days:D just kidding:+ Enjoy your rest day.

I finished my workout last night, I got my biceps good.
4 sets of 8 w/30bb,
2 sets hammer curls w/10lbs db

Tri’s did various movements, finished with ME abs.

Tonight’s workout, Strike Zone, ttyl

Teddygirl~

Morning Maniacs! Finished my circuit workout.

Circuit-12 reps, 3 sets, no rests

Cable Crossovers- Red band
Hack Squats- 20's
Mt. Climbers 1 min.

Incline flys- 20's
Sumo Squats- 60# db
Mt. Climbers 1 min.

Bench dips-33# plate
leg extension- 25# ankle weights
Jumping jacks- 1 min.

W shoulder press while doing jumping jacks- 1 min. 5's
SB Basic crunces 25# db

Tricep kickbacks-15's (Deb, I hate these too!)
Jumprope 1 min.
25 leg raises

Workout was 53 min.

Char- I bet that was hard going in and seeing the X-rays. I can't believe his lungs are clear.

Hi to everyone else. Gotta go feed the muscles.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

RE: Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Checkin for Friday, June 2...

> She's a great xample around here.:)

Hi Dallys: that why I'm here :) Nice workout :)

Lora - Great workout! Did you see GH yesterday? It's getting so stupid. Now they are going to drag this kidnapping thing out all summer I bet.

Diane Sue - Thanks, you too!

Anne - Great going last night. I love my treadmill. I'd like to get an elliptical one of these days, though.

Char - I'm sorry to hear about you FIL. That is horrible to have to go through. You are awesome for taking care of him. I can't believe his lungs are clear. How is that even possible? Moonbaby is on. LOL!

Dallys - Nice circuit training! Wow! Kickbacks suck! LOL! And thanks for the compliment! You are too sweet!

TeddyGirl - You are funny. Yes, I take rest days every week. And I look forward to them. :) Nice bi workout you had there!

Just taking a break to eat my salad. I'm in the middle of scrubbing carpets and the stupid Hoover Vac has something wrong with it and is only working sometimes. I'm so irritated. In the midst of all this, the phone rings and it's this freaky deaky doctor who's interviewed me several times but never hired me.....calling about a resume I sent. I'm not calling back till my carpets are done darnit!! Woman on a mission.

Also, in the middle of all this - Brooklyn gets stuck in a bag and is running around wildy with the bag over her head freaking out and knocked all kinds of stuff down the cellar stairs that was dragging from the bag. It's crazy around here today!

Deb - I CAN'T stand seeing Elizabeth whine another day. I'm gonna lose my freakin' mind. ALL Of the story lines they have going are so OLD and so stupid. Maybe I'll have to start reading all of the books I got instead of watching GH when I lay on my balls at night...but it's a bit harder to read and situate myself on the balls. Maybe we need to watch the one Dallys watches....which one is it?

Toasty - I know how depressing that crap is. My Uncle who has liver cancer was doing well for a while (must have been in remission) but now he's having lots of trouble again. I'm sorry you have to go thru this.

Better get back to my carpet.

Most of you know I am not close to FIL, but still, what if this was me and I had to face a doctor and have him tell me my results in a cancer center. Naturally, he wanted someone to go in with him and I could tell he was nervous, as he should be. I might insist on driving next time though. I really did not like tasting cigg on my tongue and hanging out the window looking like a dumbass, but I INSIST on not inhaling...well at least I tried.

Doing PLB. Had to come upstairs for a bite. Feeling dizzy. I have switched from protein bars to shakes in the morning. For some reason this thru me off and I think I might still need more to eat. So I am gonna head back down here and finish it off.

Hey Maniacs! I've had another slow day at work. What's up with the No-Shows? Oh well, it's given me a chance to start reading BFFM. I know I'm late to the party on that E-book, but now I'm ready to party.:) I already know alot of this info, but this is going to help re-set it in my mind again. I easily start to drift into old habits. I have my 90 day goals all set (these have been the same goals for like EVER it seems! Guess I'm not reaching them. LOL!) I only have about 400 pages left to read. :p :+

Char- Isn't it funny how eating alittle different than normal can throw you off? I did as little as skip my apple (usually just add something like that in for extra insurance just in case I start to bonk) before my ride a couple days ago and that made a noticable difference in my ride. I have to eat a good meal an hr. or 2 ahead of time and then eat something light 'right' before.

Lora- Having fun with the carpets still? Oy! Oh! I watch AMC. Lot's going on. I'm sure it'll drag out all summer as they all seem to do.

Well, I've got to get to the grocery store. I'm totally out of any decent food.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Char, so sorry about the FIL.. It is depressing. I had an aunt thet had Lukemia. OOOH.. I left 10 min before she died... I am feelin for ya girl..

Dallys i have that. It is usually 2 hr foils that do it..

Well, gotta go rinse my perm. Been crazy today.
Have a great night...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hey all. Great 4 miler today, some yoga tonight. Power Hour tomorrow. Trainer killed me this week, but I made his wrists quake when he made me punch his mitts for a minute. Next week we're doing hard weights - my suggestion. I am getting a reputation in my office for being hardcore. I should show them this forum, they'd faint.

Char, seems like your FIL has picked you as the one who can comfortedbe there for him thru all this. Both my parents had cancer (Mom passed away 1 1/2 years ago; Dad just went thru 2nd round and seems to be ok). Found sometimes they want to share with people other than their own children. Their kids - they're supposed to be strong for them. BTW, during all my folks illnesses, my energy was quaky. Consider stress maybe playing a role in your energy level and up your TLC.

OK off to serve the DDs din din.

Julie
Fit Over 40

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.