Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Check-in for Wed., Sept. 27

Good morning Maniacs!!!
Sorry I couldn't check back in last night. Moving, homework and the gym is a lot to handel. I acually couldn't go to the gym last night but still did a workout. I did S&H biceps and triceps, KPC abs, SJP abs, C&H abs and GS biceps. I'm not going to school tomorrow to help my mom finish moving. We have to be out of here by saturday and we have A LOT of crap!!!!!!!!

Debbie- Hope you have a great workout:)

Hi to Dallys, Diane Sue, Anne, Annette, Maeghan, Shelia, Marietta, Lisa, Randi, and everyone else! Love you all:*

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Last night I did KPC with 5lb ankle weights. The only problem is my ankles are very small and I could barely get them weights to stay on, but I did.

Today is strength training and abs. I got a load of stuff to do today so I will have to suck it up and do my weight workout around 10am-ish. I normally don't lift that early and not as good, but I will eat ALOT more this morning in hopes that will help give me more energy to do it.

Charlotte~~

Morning ladies, didn't do nothing last night. Laid on my lazy butt and watched tv.
Tonite is PUB again and a treadmill something...Legss are still unthawing.
Deb,
Would you look at the arms on you. Holy Bajesus.Your are really pumping up from last year....Awesome new photos.
You look awesome....Now i know how you can lift all that weight.

Char , if i did KPC with ankle weights i would probably kill my self.
That w/o os tough enough w/o them.
You need to do Kick max leg cond drills with the ankle weights.

Diane Sue, did you try the new move?
Did it work?

Well, have a great day ladies.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

MORNING LADIES!!!!

Sorry for yelling. Anyway.

Deb- what cardio did you do? I agree with Anne re your muscles!

Charlotte- Well I think you are the poster child for maniac, using 5lb weights for kickboxing! Have fun lifting. Hopefully you will get a chance to relax soon, since you havev been so busy. I was wondering if you would like to come to my house and purge all my junk, since I have a hard time parting with junk I don't need LOL!!

Anne- I did the same last night. ON my but on the couch. Figured that was a good thing since I was falling asleep before 9pm!

Adri- good luck with your move.

I have biceps and cardio to do. Might not get it done till tonight though. I have some NICE DOMS from L&G.

Hello to everyone else! Have great WO's.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in Sept 7, 2006 in boys sept album!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Good morning!

It sounds like everyone is busy today. :) I'm just doing a deep conditioning treatment on my hair with heat and then I'm gonna do Marietta's favorite workout - POWER HOUR! ;)

Debbie - I hope you woke up okay.

Anne and Meg - my butt was also glued to the couch last night. Hmmm...

Adri - tsk, tsk, tsk for missing school today. Hey - where are those pics you promised us girl?

Charlotte - I hope you don't hurt yourself lifting too early. Maybe you should wear a helmet. :p

Hello to everyone else. I hope you all have a fantabulous day!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

This morning I did Low Max, had a great workout. I was in my zone for 57 minutes and burned 376 calories. Having some great calorie burns this week. Weird.

I may do some ab work tonight.

Anne - Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it! :)

Meaghan - you are funny (re: the yelling!) LMAO!

Charlotte - you are just a freakin' MANIAC!!! I'd torque my back so bad I'd be laid up for weeks! Great job!

Hope you all have great workouts!

Morning Maniacs!
My arms are sore from yesterdays Back and Bicep workout. I'm sore right between my forarms and my biceps. It's hard to lift up my tea cup.

This second phase of P90X is kicking my butt this week. I've been exhausted for some reason. I went to bed at 8:00 last night. LOL! I'll keep trucking along though. Thank goodness it's Yoga today. Not that that ones easy either.

My eating is also all weird. I'm not hungry. I don't know if I can eat another piece of chicken. Nothing sounds appetising(sp?) to me.

Suz, Did you get the Vegan Planet book? If so, how is it?

Debbie, You are burning some calories aren't you? Isn't it weird how are bodies are always amazing us? Sometimes we have it and sometimes we don't.

Meg, Enjoy your workout today. I hope you are feeling better.

Anne, I should have taken the lazy route myself yesterday. I'm so wore out today.

Charolette, Way to kill KPC with the ankle weights! I'd probably end up with dislocated knee and hip joints doing that. Or at least I'd knock the dog out with a back kick or something. LOL!

Diane Sue, I forgot to answer you from a couple of days ago. Yes, Doubles is doing cardio on the weight days. I've just been doing it when I can mostly.

And here's one to

O push ups, You are quite the detective.:)

Hi, to Randi and Lisa and Marietta and anyone else I missed.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning,
I really slept in this morning. I will try to make this quick so I can get in S&H Chest & Back and maybe some cardio. I have to call the vet and see how my puppy is. They kept her because they had to sedate her for x rays and she was in so much pain. We have a tough decision to make. It seems she has hip dysplasia and the vet did not seem optimistic. Surgury is 2000 dollars a hip and she spiked a fever just from the sedative so he said we had to think about the outcome of anesthisia:( I will check back later.

Charlotte, I am not sure, maniac that I am that I would try the ankle weights on KPC. I have used 1# shoe weights on the leg drills of KM. How are your legs today:)

Anne, I have not tried that move from Oxygen yet. I said it was in the Hiit article, but went back & looked and it was in the one called Bring back the Jacks.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Good morning Maniacs!!

This morning I did KPC w/1# weighted gloves on each hand. I'll do a little more cardio later and then either a chest or back workout.

Debbie - You have had quite the calorie burn this week...keep it up!!

Toasty - Hey you! Don't hurt nobody...eh?

Megan - Yell at me anythime!!What cardio are you ganna do?

Suz - Enjoy Power Hour...ouch!!

Dallys - Wonder if you don't have energy because you don't have an appetite....hmmmmmm. Maybe a rest day will do you some good.

Diane Sue - Keep us posted on your puppy.

So....wonder if we will hear from Adri.

Hi to all that follow and anyone I have missed!

~Marietta
http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/6/875/115861329517270.gif
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

>
>Dallys - Wonder if you don't have energy because you don't
>have an appetite....hmmmmmm. Maybe a rest day will do you
>some good.

Marietta, I was thinking this also. I need to find some new foods that are interesting and great tasting that's for sure. I've had low energy all week.

I am shoving food down my throat at the moment. Eggs, potatoes and a piece of wheat toast.

Diane Sue,

Honestly, my legs are not too sore, but you know how DOMS is...could sneak up on me later. So far, just thighs are alittle toasty...not bad though. I know I have to be careful, that is why I have nerve damage to my right arm which I think is from lifting too heavy during cheat curls...I am sure this is how it happened. Didn't feel too heavy at all for me when doing KPC. I don't think I could use 5lb ankle weights when doing L&G though. I have a hard time with that one without weights.

I am sorry to hear all that about your puppy. Gosh. Keep us posted.

Suz,

I can't find a helmet that would fit my big puffed up head...would need one the size of the superdome. LMAO! Don't think I will need one anyways.

Bionic Yoga Woman,

Your funny this morning!

My appetite has not been good lately either, but today I am starving.

Anne,

Don't hurt yourself with PUB! Tough workout and I know you push it! Gonna be on the couch myself tonight watching Biggest Loser. Love that show.

Well I gotta get going. My eggs getting cold.

Charlotte~~

This workout was quicker today....

2 sets/5 reps/60 sec rest

Pull Ups 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/6/4 (3 sets of those)

Bench Press (no incline) 70#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side Lateral Raises 10# db'sx(

DB Curls 25'sx( ;( x( ;(

Plie Squats 180#}( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamstring Curls 45#x(

Ya'll can go ahead and applaud me and then throw stones at me. I don't know what it is, but I when I try to curl in the morning, the db's feel like they weigh 50# each so I let it go and just did what I could as my arm is damaged too so I am not going to make matters worse. Sucks, but I will get over it. Debbie, I forget what the rear db raise thing was so I stuck with side laterals. Again, I could usually go and do 12# for those. I got the morning blahs, what can I say. Hey, but I didn't do so bad for bench, pullups and squats. Hamstring curls had to go down to 45# cuz I guess my legs have already been toasted from KPC and the squats? So workout was part good and bad. Will do abs while watching Biggest Loser tonight.

Charlotte~~

Oh, I am not going to hurt my self. It took 3 days for the pain to cease on the last one....
I wasn't totally lazy last night. I did get on the treadmill in the am.
Maybe i will save the treadmill for the biggest looser. I may go faster...
Charlotte, you eat it then it will paste on to my a**....
You are so fricken skinny...
You make me sick.
See you lovely ladies later. I am going to cut some hair so it can stick to my A** along with everything else.
Anne

Hello again!

Well, I did Power Hour. As some of you know, I didn't do a lot of lower body weight work during cycling season, so as to save my legs for my rides. Let me just tell you that my legs are FEELING it now that I'm back. At one point Cathe says something about your legs starting to heat up. WHAT? Mine were SO hot they set off the fire alarms! After my workout I laid at the bottom of the stairs crying for someone to come and pick me up and carry me, but no one came to my rescue, as DH had left before I even started my workout. :p

Dallys - nope, it hasn't arrived yet. Darn it! But last night we had crock pot chili with Boca Burger crumbles for the meat. YUCK! It was really chewy. Not good. So back to the drawing board on that one. I guess if I keep turkey in my diet I can still make turkey chili. But I'm going to try some of the recipes from the vegetarian crock pot cookbook.

Marietta - sounds like you'll be working out all day long. :) But I know you have to squeeze in a full day's work too.

Dallys - again - my favorite new thing is maple/brown sugar oatmeal with peanut butter in it. YUMMY!!! I do use lowfat PB and soy milk although I'm sure it's still got more fat and calories than I need - but I can't help myself.

Diane Sue - I'm so sorry. You, Bill and Jasmine will be in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Char Char - NICE JOB!!! Don't be too down on yourself because YOU'RE AN ANIMAL!

Anne - are you a hairstylist? I think I'm gonna have to drive TWO hours to get my hair cut by someone who knows how to cut curly hair. The gal who has been doing it keeps coming at me with a razor. I threaten to slit her wrists with it if she touches my hair with that thing (just kidding). Razors make me a frizzy mess.

Debbie - I think I'm gonna start the rotation you sent me as soon as I get back from my dad's. I need focus.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Taking a break from mowing. It has been so beautiful this week. Weather perfect...hope it continues.

Anne,

I don't like treadmills. Make me feel like I am dying. I don't really care for cardio, but I know alot of ladies do. I like going up hills on my bike, KPC and a few other stepping workouts. You did good though if you burned rubber on that machine. Better you then me. I would have to spit on the machine.lol I spit alot when I run. The rest of ya'll make me sick too, just so you know.

Charlotte~~

>Good morning Maniacs!!
>
>This morning I did KPC w/1# weighted gloves on each hand.
>I'll do a little more cardio later and then either a chest or
>back workout.
>
>Debbie - You have had quite the calorie burn this week...keep
>it up!!
>
>Toasty - Hey you! Don't hurt nobody...eh?
>
>Megan - Yell at me anythime!!What cardio are you ganna do?
>
>Suz - Enjoy Power Hour...ouch!!
>
>Dallys - Wonder if you don't have energy because you don't
>have an appetite....hmmmmmm. Maybe a rest day will do you
>some good.
>
>Diane Sue - Keep us posted on your puppy.
>
>So....wonder if we will hear from Adri.
>
>Hi to all that follow and anyone I have missed!
>
>~Marietta
>http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/6/875/115861329517270.gif
>http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Marietta,

I cannot find weighted gloves. Where do you get yours? You are like the Ever_Ready Bunny...you keep going and going, don't ya????? Get them new running shoes yet? Whatcha up to?

Charlotte~~

Wow, everyone is kicking some major butt today! Hi everyone!

Charlotte - you did excellent! You should not be upset with your workout at all. I think you did awesome!!!

Yes i am and i have super shitty baby fine hair.
Razor me and i will cry.
Char i love the treadmill. I do the countdown programs. I am on Performance right now. Going for Performance 2 tonite, since i didn't modify 1.
I like it , because i can watch tv and crank the music and don't have to think about much.

I am bored. It is slower time of the year and a new girl opened a shop on my block and is doing $9.00 hair cuts. Let her have them. I am worth a little more than that.I don't think i have done a 9 buck ladies cut for at least 15 years.And i am not touchin a foil for 40 bucks.
Good workouts Marietts and Meg.
Dana Sue , how is the well half horse?Better. Hope it is nothing serious .
Anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.