HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS CHECK IN MONDAY, AUGUST 16th

... Hello? :confused: I'm back from AZ, but couldn't find a Hardcore check-in for today. Are you guys still around? We actually got back late on Saturday. I was waiting until I had some time to catch up on all the posts I missed while gone, but have just been so busy. I did get in workouts, every day, while we were up there. Kind of a stressful/emotional time - my dad's health isn't good - so I needed them to keep my wits about me (at least somewhat). DS had a great time and it was an important visit. Limited space - and since my room is right above the kitchen/living room area I didn't want to do any jumping - that might have been pretty annoying to anyone below me. Made up for that since we've been back :p - I've done Cardio Core Circuit (Sat. late), the original Imax and 30/30 (yesterday). Think I'll start a couple weeks of STS Meso 2 today - triset legs.

Where is everybody :( ?

I missed you guys.

Lori

Lori-welcome back, sorry 2 hear about ur dad's health. Glad u got 2 spend some time there. :). I see u r back 2 full-fledged maniac status in less than 48 hours :D. Glad 2 have u back

I had an eye appointment this morning at 10. Geez, was in there for an hour and a half. But this is a new doctor and I really like her. She was really thorough with my eyes and did tests my other doctor never did before. Glad I waited and went with her.

Today's workout was Meso 3, Week 2, Disc 28, Chest & Back. Had a great workout and was able to sleep an hour later then usual for a Monday.

Push/Pull workout. 3 minutes rest between each muscle group.

Warmup:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 65#/12 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 70#/12 reps

Workout:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 90#/7 reps
Barbell Rows - 75#/7 reps
***Did 4 sets of these. About 1 1/2 min. rest between each exercise and set.

Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 35's/7 reps
One Arm Row - 42#/7 reps

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 85#/7 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 75#/7 reps

Incline Chest Flyes - 32's/7 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 37#/7 reps

Now I'm back at work. :(

Lori - Sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him in my prayers. Glad you had such a great vacation, though. Mine is next week!! :eek:

FYI: I posted a new Total Body Rotation on the rotation forum in case any of you are intersted.

Last edited:
My workout is done. I thought I was choosing something a little lighter but it sure didn't feel like it. I did Kelly Coffey's Circuit Burn workout 1 & 2 mix 59 min 407 calories Max HR 162 then I did 4 Day Split Premix Chest Shoulders and triceps 34 min 170 calories. Still not feeling that great so decided to postpone Turbo Fire this morning.
Total workout time 93 minutes calories burned 577. I need to hurry and run into town before the grandchildren arrive.

Lori, good to have you back. I am sorry your Dad's health is not good. I will send some prayers up for him. It is good that you were able to spend some time with him. Good for you getting your workouts in.

Debbie, it is always annoying when you hurry to get to an appointment on time and are left sitting there waiting that long. But then when it comes down to it we really want the doctors to take their time and do a good job so I guess that is what we have to put up with:)

Hi everyone =)

I think it's been about two weeks since I've posted. It's been vacation/family time, but now that that's over, things are starting to normalize for me. I was up in Washington for a week and then when I came back, I brought my little nine year old niece to stay nearly a week with me. She just went back yesterday. I had a great time, but I wasn't completely work-free, so it was kind of stressful trying to get some stuff done while still seeing my fam. I also did hardly any workouts during that time...just one small yoga workout with my mom and a couple lower body workouts. Time to start getting back into things. Yesterday I decided to do something lighter since I've not been working out much, and since it was pretty late when I started my workout. I did Amy's All Pump. Today I'll be going to yoga class in a few hours, my first yoga class for a couple of weeks.

Lori, I'm sorry your dad isn't doing well, but it's good you got to spend some time with him. I too have family in AZ, the majority of my extended family.

Debbie, Diane Sue, and Roselyn-nice workouts today. Sorry it's so brief :confused:

Hermia-good to see you back on here, I was wondering where you were :D

Long day. I did week 2 meso 2 legs. Probably should not have. Ttotm and I had some pretty bad back cramps. I thought/hoped they'd go away once I started. Nope :mad: One hit while I was doing the last round of squats and I was afraid that I'd twecked my back. I think it's ok now and just caused a sort of spasm. Note to self: Do not be such an IDIOT :confused: I knew better - just felt "off" from the very beginning and was distracted - and in pain. Great time to be messing around with heavy weights :eek: . I will take tomorrow off.

I want to thank you all so much for offering your prayers for my pop. A few years ago he underwent chemo for 3rd stage colon cancer. That seemed to come out ok but then they found he had lymphoma -- an unusual type with a tag cell (which evidently allowed them to treat it and keep it in remission). I lack the medical background to really understand that, except for the part where he was optimistic and doing ok. What's got him now is Emphysema/bronchitis. I knew this was a problem - and I knew it had escalated. He was always a really active and vital man and, as a retired doc himself, he is not liking this end of the doctor/patient relationship. It was important to spend time with him and we had some really good connections. But I must have been at least a little bit in denial before this trip, so maybe I'm a bit in shock at how numbered his days really are. This is kind of heavy and I know most of us will go through this with our parents in some form. Hope it's ok I dumped a little here. You guys really are my friends and your warm words meant a lot - felt like letting go of some of what's going on.

I'd feel sort of weird to shift gears and just start chatting/doing personal's about everybody's workouts now, but I did read what you did and as always, everyone's wooping butt :D. Thanks again for the prayers - really. It's mostly all I can think to do right now.

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.