HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS CHECK IN 09-14

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Good Morning Maniacs!

Today was cardio, so I opted for an oldie but goodie with Step Fit (on Cardio Hits). I had a nice, long, sweaty workout! :D

Debbie - Yup, I am doing one of your rotations from last year. It's a really good one and has a lot of the "oldies". Yesterday I did Power Hour, and I really still love that workout! Good DOMS in the triceps today. :)

Diane Sue - I am so amazed that you are still doing P90X. How long have you been doing it? As I think I said before, I am COMPLETELY burned out on it!! I can't even bring myself to picking up those workouts - LOL. I see you are joining the "early morning maniac" club~ getting up before 5 am to get those workouts in!!

Lori - Tomorrow I have the Gauntlet lined up.......argh!! I also checked out the Budokon link...looks great!! Maybe when I get some $ I will order one of those DVD's.

Hi to Theresa, Linda, Roselyn and everyone else!!

TTYL,

Cheryl :)

Good Morning,

I did TF 55 and TF 10 abs today, yesterday mid morning I did a Hiit 20, planned on doing it in the morning before my strength workout but did not get in, have a great day everyone.

Today was Cardio and I chose Cardio Coach #3 and then did a steady state on my treadmill to reach 45 minutes. Had a pretty good workout, didn't go balls to the wall. Hip flexor did well again, so I'm happy about that.

The I did the Ab Work from Step, Jump & Pump. I'm really wimping out on the plank work. Yikes! Those were hard today.

CARDIO ONLY STATS:
53 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
29 minutes above zone
427 calories burned
2.75 miles travelled

Yesterday , I did the all step prmx from cardio fusion & stretch 10 from turbo fire. Today will be total body w/ the TRX.

Nice workouts Cheryl, Roselyn, and Debbie. I'll stop back by in a bit

I got p at 4:15 this morning and got my workout almost completed by the time my grandbaby arrived:D I started with Amy Bento's new Hi/Lo Dynamics 55 minutes, 415 calories Max HR 160. I am sre that will get better. There was a little learning curve but by the end of each combo I pretty much had it. It is just that when starting something new that has spins and turns , it is hard to look at the television at the same time. I really liked it. I think it will be fun. As usual Amy has a good stretch and the abs were a little different twist on old moves. I would say combos 3 and 4 were easier to follow than 1 and 2. I did not watch the introduction. There are several premixes. If I would have had more time I would have did the interval mix twice one after the rest of it. I am hoping to preview Step Challenge 4. Since there is a 15 minute tutorial on moves I am expecting some tricky stuff. I followed this with Brooks Body Sculpting Kettlebell workout 2 Finisher and Killer Abs using 20 and 25# kettlebells, 21 minutes 124 calories. Then I did Kettlebell Dynamics using a 20# kettlebell 8 minutes and 43 calories.
Total workout time was 84 minutes and calories burned was 582.

I read over the checkin on my iphone when I was out. I didn't have my workout log with me though and I am not sure if I could actually respond. I am still learning this phone and usually it asks for a password for whatever wifi is around. I had to hit the grocery store this morning after I dropped off the girls. I was sure hungry by the time I got home and I forgot to even take my water bottle. I guess it was one of those days because I was focused on fruits and veggies and left with only soy crumbles and tofu. I forgot meat. I have been reading this book called Building Bone Vitality. I ran across several books that promote a more alkaline diet. I have a hard time grasping all of it though as they seem to think proteins promote acid and that breaks down bone. How do you get tissue repair without protein. They do use a lot of soy products and some beans and lentils.

Cheryl, I am just doing a short P90X Rotation. I just did 3 weeks of STS workouts and this week am doing Plyo legs along with the P90X+ workouts. It depends on how I feel how long I incorporate some P90X stuff. I was thinking of pulling out Slow and Heavy for a bit and doing 1 to 2 bodyparts a day depending on time. Some of those older workouts are fun to revisit:)

Debbie, that is great that you are back to using the Cardio Coach workouts without any problem. I am happy for you. You should see the plank work in the Killer Abs of Lauren Brooks. My arm starts shaking. You have one hand balancing on a kettlebell by the handle and the other behind you or off the floor. She holds it so long. Also the side planks are long. Amy does the balancing move on the kettlebell too but you get to put your other arm up and down and it does not seem as long.

Theresa, that premix of Cardio Fusion is probably what I use most of the time I do that workout. It is a good one.

Roselyn, nice work. I will probably do a Turbo Fire Hiit workout along with plyo legs tomorrow. This will be my 12th week of incorporating Turbo Fire. But now I have the new Amy's so I will probably end up doing Turbo Fire a little less.

Linda - I'll email you the rotation tomorrow morning. Glad the surgery is in/out. And I'm glad you'll have your carpel tunnel done as well. Hopefully in about 6 months you'll be right back at it!!!

Cheryl - Nice going with Step Fit. I haven't done that one in years. You gotta laugh at the outfits!!!

Roselyn - Nice job on your Turbo workouts. How is the ab work in those?

Theresa - Nice workout! When are you going to start the one Char and I are doing?

Diane Sue - WOW on that plank work!!! That sounds brutal. I use to be really good with plank work and now I don't even care to improve on it. Not sure why? I get really good results when I do plank work, too. Abs just aren't on the front burner for me right now. I don't like working them anymore. :(

Went ahead and did back and triceps yesterday. My neck is still tight. Pretty sure I did something sleeping. It is much better than it was and didn't bother me much while I was working out yesterday. Skipped Budokon last night though. I really didn't want to, but would like it to fully recover rather than agitate it more (obviously). Legs today. Thinking about the Leg Blast premix from B & G. Depending on how I feel, maybe B. Benten's kb later. Weird, the things that do/don't bother it (my neck). Took my Gloucausimine this morning and when I tipped my head back to swallow, I got an electrical shooter feeling down my spine into my foot :eek: That used to happen a lot - sort of led to my seeing a doc and having it diagnosed (among other things). Not sure why it quit ... or resumed :confused: I have been more tense and emotional lately. I suppose that could factor in.

Cheryl - Don't have that oldie. Glad you had a good workout. Yay, Gauntlet :p Everytime I pull that workout out now, I think of you - have fun ;)

Roselyn - Well done with the TF :) Hope you have a great day.

Diane Sue - Great workout. Are you adjusting to the early hours? Imagine you must be. That was something :eek: Saw your post yesterday, asking about the Budokon. The workouts themselves move pretty fast. The movements are just there - pretty much just lay them on you. It was a little daunting to preview them the first time. I kinda thought "Hmmmm - :confused: " That's where the tutorial is very helpful and the way he set up the dvd is excellent (I think), because you can revisit certain moves in the tutorial if you need to. There are some modifications offered - but not a whole lot. I was surprised, though. I think many of the movements look tougher than they are and you can really catch on fairly quickly. I'm about to a point with Flow and Flexibility where I can just put it in and do it. There are subtleties and refinements I'll probably be improving on (like exact hand placement in gestures etc) for some time -- every workout gets a little better. In Power and Agility, I 'got' a good percentage of the moves by the second time - a few of them, I just need to take at a slower pace - lots of internal cueing going on where they're just second nature to him -- any faster, I 'd get sloppy. A few, I still just do a couple and feel like I'm still working on 'getting' them. It's all within reach though, with practice/patience. And also a workout that you can likely continue improving on for a long time (taking floating moves through greater ROM, etc.) Carried on quite a bit here but I really like them. Too, they're complementary to the book I've been reading (Convict Conditioning).

Debbie - It's so good to hear about pain/irritation free workouts from you. About time. Makes me :)

Theresa - Think I did Cardio Fusion last Saturday. Such a fun workout :) Look forward to hearing what you pull together for your TRX workout.

Hi to everyone that follows. Have a good one -

Lori

Cheryl-I was actually looking at an older step yesterday and thinking I need to break it out....of course, I can't remember what the name was :D How's the house stuff coming along?

Debbie-It will porbably be some time before I get to that rotation. Right now, I am following a modified Fat Loss rotation (subbing the "Max" workouts with TRX, kettlebells, and different cardios). It looks like a good one, so I will definately need to try it out :D

Lori-glad the neck is getting a bit better, that is NO fun :( Still looks like you are getting some great workouts in. I am pretty sure I did the snatch wrong (that sentence doesn't even sound right :eek: ) so I have been working on that.

Diane Sue-you don't have to use the wifi when it pops up. It is just asking if you want to use it instead of using the regular GPS style internet on the phone. You can go to your settings (general, I think) and turn the wifi off if it bothers you. Also, go to the app store and get the Cathe app, it makes it a lot easier to keep up. However, it is still a pain if you want to post lengthy replies (like I am doing now). I still have to wait to get home to do that.

Hello to everyone else, I am sorry if I missed anyone.

TTYl

Just a quick "hello" to everyone....I got the mortgage commitment letter today.......FINALLY!!!! I think everything is good.....sooooooo........YYEEEAAAA!! I am VERY excited and looking forward to the new house, although not looking forward to moving - AGAIN! ;)

Thanks for everyone's prayers and kind words...it has been a very trying few weeks for me. I still have to get through some more bank/underwriting stuff, but it looks like I'm on my way.

Lori - I did check out the Budokon stuff again and actually was able to spend some time checking it out on YouTube. It really looks amazing and I may try to "save" some money after the holidays and get a DVD- or three. :p I'll be sure to check with you before buying as I'm sure you will be an expert by then! Yup...it's the Gauntlet for me tomorrow morning and I'm kinda dreading it already.

Diane Sue - Nice work on the rotation! I was also thinking about doing some kind of Slow and Heavy rotation next week or the week after, but I'm not quite sure yet. I do like going back to the "oldies" from time to time, and really like this new rotation with no workouts repeated for a month. However, I still can't bring myself back to P90x since I did those workouts exclusively for over 8 (maybe longer) months.....argh. :eek: I hope you can sleep in tomorrow!

Debbie - Your new rotation sounds really good. I'm glad you have so many posted so I can "copy and paste" and make some minor modifications and substitutions. ;) I hope your neck is feeling better and doesn't become a problem again. I was wondering if you noticed it after doing heavy weight work with a bar? I noticed my neck was bothering me a few times after lifting heavy weights on the bar on the back of my neck. Once I started holding the bar in front of me it felt better...any thoughts?

Theresa - I think I am going to do a new rotation myself - starting with "Housemax", and then "Movingmax" and then "Closing campmax" and maybe even a little "Unpacking and Cleaningmax" :D How do you like the TRX workouts?

Roselyn - Nice workout today! I would love to order TF (as well as about a million other things), but can't spend any money for a bit...new house...although the bigger workout room is a plus!! Have a great night.

Ok...I'm going to bed! It's only 6 pm, but I'm exhausted and will be getting up at about 2:30 to run the Gauntlet before another grueling day at work!!

Have a great night..
Cheryl:)

I will be getting up bright and early again tomorrow. I may have to shorten my workout or get up even earlier. I will do Plyo legs and if there is time for cardio I will do a little. I am meeting a friend at 9 after I get the girls off to school. I always spend an hour sitting in the car between the highschool drop off and the elementary drop off.

Lori, thanks for the lengthy description of the workouts. I think what the instructor does is amazing. Definitely looks like it requires a lot of strength and balance. From what I saw though I was a little worried since I have such a hard time getting Cathe's levitation holds or Amy's where she swings her legs through. I can't figure out why I can do dips and hanging leg raises but I can't get that. I looked when I was at the Super Target today but they didn't carry much for workouts. I do believe the Target closer to home has one of those. Probably the beginner one. I will wait till I get to that one.

Theresa, thanks for the info on the phone. I did download Cathe's application. I am terrible at typing things on that little keyboard. I have docs to go on it and you should see me trying to type info in it. On the wifi, dh keeps telling me to ignore the wifi popups and it will work.

Cheryl, that sounds like good news on the house. Now maybe things will move along for you. 8 months is a long time to stick with one rotation. I would probably be sick of it myself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.