HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS-BACK TO THE GRIND MONDAY

buttercup78

Cathlete
HELLO LADIES
Sorry to start the day out griping but this weekend has not been the greatest. First, my sister-in-law called and said her husband of 8 years left her and wants a divorce......did not see that one coming at all. Second, we thought we would be getting money back on taxes and it looks like we are going to owe a lot.....again, did not see that one coming. I have had hellacious cramps all weekend, and the thought of working out made me sick. I have not done anything in 3 days. Okay sorry for the vent. I hope everyone had a good weekend. ttyl
Theresa

Last edited:
Today was Total Body and it was a puke status workout. Feel really good today because I ate really good yesterday. What a difference food makes.

Today was 3 sets of 18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each set.

This was brutal.

Flat Barbell Press - 75#/72#
***Started with 75# and made the 18 reps, but my shoulder was feeling it. Should have dropped to 70#. 72# was better but next week I think I'll drop down a bit.

T-Bar Row - 40#
***Good weight here, probably could have gone a bit heavier. Got a great burn.

Squats - 65#
***Good weight here too and with each set my range of motion got deeper.

Lateral Raise - 8's
***Not one of my favorite exercises, but got a great burn.

Barbell Curls - 25#/30#
***1st set was too easy, 2nd and 3rd were ok. Should have tried 35#, maybe even 40#.

Double Arm Kickbacks - 8's
***Went palm up at the end of the motion. Really felt it and I know my tri's will be sore tomorrow.

This workout took about an hour. I only have two more weeks of this rotation. I can't believe how fast this went by.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did the new Reebok Bootcamp with Tanja Delvic. I added on some weights to the end, as I did not think it was enough. Burned 457 calories in 60". I also did a 15" Kundalini segment. Didn't have time to do much yoga, as I'm going out of town today.

DH and I are going up to the Beechwood Mall for a bit. He might get me a Valentine Present up there. I hope we don't get too much snow.

I'm off today and tomorrow. Have great workouts.

Theresa - sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. Hang in there. Hopefully things will get better. I usually take mega doses of Advil for cramps. The only thing that seems to work.

Debbie-nice workout. what are your plans for your next rotation? I have purchased so much fitness stuff in the last few months that I am bit overwhelmed :confused:

Lora-I hope you and DH have fun and thanks :p My doc prescibed meclomen for cramps and it helps but they just won't go away.....stupid period.

Hello to everyone else to follow

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. My dh and I went out to lunch and then seen "From Paris with Love". Great movie. I cannot believe it costs $7 a person for a matinee. WTH? Kind of makes me want to boycott movie going.

Theresa - Sorry about all the stuff going on and wow on your SIL. I'm sorry to hear that. Was she as shocked about this as you guys were? Tax season sucks. We have to pay every damn year. Hopefully not this year since I'm not selling Avon anymore. I'm so sick of giving all my hard earned money to the freakin' government. You know what they can do with it! :mad:

Lora - Have fun in Beachwood. That's a nice city.

Hi all to come. :D

Theresa - I was in teh same boat with you this weekend with the horrific cramps!:mad::mad::mad: Hope its over now!

Debbie - 18 reps! Nice job!

Okay, my days of being a bum are over and I am starting back today with Insanity!

I did the Fit Test this morning and was pleased with my numbers. I was however ever surprised by how much my chest hurt. I had what I thought was a head cold last week and I thought it was over, but I could still definitely feel it in my chest today.:(:(:(:(

Workout was about 25 minutes and that was enough for the first day back!

Debbie-she was numb when I talked to her. The hardest part is she and my husband have not been on the best speaking terms (no anger just laziness on both parts and she is a bit nutty), their mother is deceased, and their father is in Africa; so her husband has been her whole life. I'm trying to round up an attorney for her so she doesn't get screwed. I plan on picking her up and making her spend time w/ us just to blow off some steam.

And the tax stuff sucks. I have NEVER had to pay money. I am seriously about to have a stroke. Do they let you pay in installments or must it be one lump sum? I hope you have a good tax year :p

Linda-What did the fit test consist of? I ordered insanity off ebay for a pretty good price. I am trying to decide how to use it.....b/c I need to work in the TRX, db's, and the rope. Lord I have to stop w/ the exercise equipment already......sorry about your cramps, they can be a real mutha'

theresa

Linda - Nice job with the fit test. I was wondering if you were starting back today. I think Char is doing Insanity too?

Theresa - That is so sad. I hope she'll be alright and you are very sweet for helping her out. She's going to need it right now.

Yes, you can pay in installments. You have to call them and set up some sort of payment plan. I do that every year. They do charge a small interest fee (of course) but it's nothing major.

Debbie-whew....that makes me feel a bit better. I thought we had to pay a lump sum all at once. We did it on turbotax and are going to try a cpa first just to make sure. And thanks, I hope she makes it out of this alright. I cannot imagine what I would do if Karl did that to me. I know I'd want to cut his nuts off eventually :eek: but that's just me....(kidding of course)

theresa

Here are exercises for the fit test. You do each one for a minute doning as many reps as you can in that minute. You get about a minute rest in between each exercises. Towards the end the rest are a little longer as Shaun describes the next move. Really hoping to lean out with this series.

• Switch Kicks – standing up straight and alternately kicking each leg out in front as high as you can.
  • Squat Jacks – jumping jacks, only in Squat Jacks you go down into a full squat at the end of every repetition.
  • Power Knees – standing up straight with your hands interlaced overhead, and then bringing 1 knee up at an angle across your body as many times as you can.
  • Power Jumps – down into a full squat and then leaping up into the air as far as you can.
  • Globe Jumps – one hop back, one hop to the right, one hop forward, and one hop to the left equals 1 repetition.
  • Suicide Jumps - from a standing position down into a plank position, then back to standing and then leap straight into the air.
  • Push Up Jacks – regular push ups, only you spread your feet wide apart and then bring them back together on every single repetition
  • Low Plank Obliques – from a plank position, keep your upper body totally still while alternatively bringing each knee up as close to your shoulders as possible.

Thanks Linda-I have heard some amazing stories about this Insanity. People say their aerobic capacity is through the roof. I hope to get mine by Friday. did you get the deluxe? Are you going to do any weights w/ it or as is?

T

INsanity does put your cardio throught the roof I love, love the Insanity series. I use it with my own rotations, his upper body dvd is great too, as is the Sports Drill dvd. Good luck Linda. I have not done the fit test in awhile I should do that again.

Theresa-Yes I have the Deluxe. I am not sure if I will do additional weights or not. I will probably just follow the first week here as it is laid out and see if I am really missing anything as far as the resistance training.

INsanity does put your cardio throught the roof I love, love the Insanity series. I use it with my own rotations, his upper body dvd is great too, as is the Sports Drill dvd. Good luck Linda. I have not done the fit test in awhile I should do that again.

Thanks, for the info Roselyn!

This morning I did STS disc 11 back and triceps and the extended stretch and burned 404 calories. No cardio. I didn't want to spend that much time today since I have DH is home. We went out to lunch and met with our cpa. Tomorrow I will have to get up early to take him to the airport before I go pick up my granddaughters and take them to school. Probably will not get a workout in.

Linda, I never did try the fit test from my Insanities. It looked like a workout all by itself:D There really are good workouts. I think I am getting a little burned out on floor cardio though. I like more variety. I love Insane Abs. I am glad to hear you are getting back into your workouts. Those workouts will definitely burn the fat and lean you out.

Theresa, sorry about the tax situation. We had that happen several times. As Debbie says you can arrange payments and they charge a fee. We just upped how much we have taken out of our check to try to keep from having that happen. I think we are going to be close to even this time. It sounds llike you have had a lot going on this weekend so missing workouts is understandable.

Debbie, good luck with the Excel test Wednesday. Great workout:D

Lora, enjoy your days off:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.