HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR 8/25

buttercup78

Cathlete
Ok Ladies-
Dallas is less than a few hours away, I am about to burst :eek: Thursday will be a group kb certification course, and I am nervous about that b/c I have never sat for a fitness based exam before........:confused: Manic packing has finished and I have loaded up on healthy treats. I am hoping to come out of this experience energized and refreshed. I will be taking TRX classes, Kettlebell Classes, classes on supplements, sugar, and motivation as well as a trigger point class, yoga class, and tai chi/yoga/pilates blend (bodyflow).

Cheryl-I hope you get the house, I will keep you in my prayers :)

Sorry for the short hello, but you won't be able to shut me up when I get back :D

Last edited:
We had a great time yesterday. The ride irritated my neck and traps really bad by the time we got to our destination and then again within an hour of when we got home. Had burning and tightness in my neck and traps. But other then that, I loved th ride. Southern Ohio is all hills and curves and that was just a blast to ride on.

Looked like rain all day long, but luckily it didn't rain a drop.

Roscoe Village was ok, I expected it to be a bit bigger and more shops, but we had fun. It's a historical town from the 1700's. Pretty cool to see the old schools and doctor offices.

Today we are heading on a train ride through parts of Ohio. It's a 4 hour train ride and it makes 5 stops along the way. So hopefully we'll get some good shopping in there too. Not sure if we are riding to the station or driving. Looks like rain again.

Today I did Meso 3, Week 3, Disc 39, Squat Rack Legs. I really love this leg workouts with STS. Had a great one. Raised my weights 5% and went quite heavy with all the exercises.

3 minute rest between each set and exercise.

Warmup:
Squats - 65#/10 reps
Squats - 75#/10 reps

Workout:
Squats - 95#/6 reps
***Did 4 sets.
***Should have gone heavier.

Barbell Deadlifts - 90#/6 reps
***Did 4 sets.

Leg Press Station - 175#/6 reps
***Did 4 sets.
***Did this instead of Front Squats.

Static Lunges - 80#/6 reps
***Did 4 sets.

Talk to you all later! Hope you are all having a great week so far!

Theresa - Sounds like a blast! Have Fun!!! :)

Theresa - That just sounds incredible :D :D :D Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Have a great time!

Debbie - Glad you've been lucky with the rain. Sitting is hard work in a way. Hope you're neck/traps are better now. Great workout, so I'm guessing they must be. Today sounds very fun. DS and I took a train up to the Grand Canyon a few years ago with my pop - that's what DS is doing right now too - riding a train, that is. Cool form of travel. Have a great time ;)

Diane Sue - Saw your post from yesterday evening. Thank you for commenting on the kb burpees. That is such a good (and safer) idea (why didn't I think of that?). I was very nervous on every one of those things (worried about my wrists too - and then perhaps soon after, my nose or … :confused: ). Agree about the deadlifts and have ended up needing to fit them in back to back more than once -- learned to go much lighter on one of the days or better yet - sub in a different exercise. I just don't love them as much as Cathe seems to - they used to scare me. I’m ok with them now but smaller doses still seem better for me. Anyway - like the breakdown and plan for your workout - interested to see how it goes for you :D

Had hoped to start working with a Budokon tape last night - only had time for biceps. Legs feel a little 'tired' from tri-sets yesterday but not really sore. So, Imax 3 in a little while and Budokon tonight. Heard from DS yesterday. He and his dad rented/rode bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge (he was calling from a pay phone). He said it was incredible and the train ride was really fun. I was happy (and a little relieved) for him. 33 hours is a LONG train ride - but I guess there have been lots of stops in all sorts of cool places. Quite an adventure.

Have a good day, everyone!

Lori

Happy Wed Maniacs!

Theresa - I am sooo excited for you!! It is going to be great and I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back. :D

Debbie - Sounds like you are enjoying all of your day trips and the weather has been good. :)

Lori - Glad DS is enjoying his trip - sounds like quite the adventure!! Also, good luck with I-Max 3 today. I have that one planned for later this week. :)

Still haven't heard a word about the house yet, but I wanted to thank everyone for the well-wishes and prayers. :) I hope to find out some time today, which is making today VERY long!! I did manage rhythmic step this morning, which is not one of my favs, but got the job done, I guess. I have been eating TERRIBLY over the past few days and am up about 6-7 lbs - argh. I had three huge cookies for lunch today - GREAT. :mad: I guess I need to work on my "stress eating disorder". :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone!!

Cheryl

I am here late. DH called and I met him for lunch. I got a salad bar at the local restaurant. Then we went to Java Dave's and I got coffee. I woke with a headache and ended up taking my time getting started.
My family is coming over this evening with dinner to celebrate my birthday a couple of days early:D I think this will probably end up being a cheat day:D This morning I did Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning 2. w/up and the Grind and Killer Abs 38 minutes 143 calories, then I did STS disc 2 Back and triceps 57 minutes and 205 calories, I finished off with Fire 30 31 minute 250 calories Max HR 169. I did 8 minutes of stretching and foam roller 30 calories. Total time spent was 2 hr 11 min and calories burned was 628.
The Grind workout section was 30 seconds each move with a 30 second rest then repeat.
Rnd 1 was turkish get up 15#
diamond kettlebell pushups
kettlebell swings 25#
repeat
Rnd 2 was windmills 20#
single leg deadlift 25#
one arm rows 25#
squat to tricep extensions 25#
I used a 20# kettlebell for the abs which was the same format of 30 sec each move then repeat the round after a 30 sec rest
Rnd 1 single kettlebell plank(done with one hand on back and one holding the kettlebell in a plank for 30 sec, overhead situps
Repeat
Rnd 2 Pullover to crunch, Russian Twists, side plank holds, prone cobra hold rest 30 seconds repeat
STS back and biceps
lat pulldowns with band green
dumbell rows both arms 25's 21reps
dips on chair BW 16
straddle push ups 10
chin ups 10 ( I really struggled with these and can tell it has been awhile, also I still have sore shoulders from Mon)
seated overhead extension 20# 15 reps
one arm row 30# 15 reps
T pull with band green
Flat bench tricep extensions 45# barbell 14 reps
barbell rows 60# 21reps
y's with band green
kickbacks 1 arm 15# 15 reps
one arm horizontal row 30# 15 reps
deadlifts 30's8 reps
close grip bench press 20's# 15 reps
one arm press down with band green
chin ups 8 reps
seated overhead extension both arms 25# 15reps
barbell rows 55# 21 reps
double arm rows green band
side leaning 1 arm extension on stability ball 15# 15 reps
one arm row 30# 15 reps
deadlifts 30's# 8 reps
double arm kickbacks 15's# 15 reps
one arm band kickbacks green band
pullups 8 reps
cross body kickbacks 15# 15 reps
lat pulldowns with the band green
side lying one arm push ups BW 15 each
superman on floor legs elevated BW 24

Cheryl, I hope you have some news soon. I am sure it is eating away at you. Good job getting the workout in:)

Lori, I have had to do that too so lowered the weight on the upper body day and heavied up on the lower for deadlifts. I do think they are an excellent move though. I have more problems with them if I am doing them in an endurance workout than if I am doing them slower and less reps. I switched around the way I was going to use the workouts from the Kettlebell workout today. I discovered this mix had back and triceps fit in so decided to go for it. I need to check out the finisher workout on that dvd which is done in a tabata style for 6 minutes. It has snatches in it but that is as far as I have gotten on checking it out. Oh, and on the plank work today Lauren had you holding a 1 arm plank balancing on the horn of the kettlebell. I laid it on it's side so it wasn't wobbling. I can do something like that on Amy's Kettlebell workout but for some reason I just felt to wobbly today. I Max 3 sounds fun:) It sounds like your son is having a great time. I am sure that is a relief for you.

Debbie, that sounds like fun. DH has wanted to go on a train ride here. I used to have a sore neck and shoulders after a long ride. I got a new helmet and it made a difference. The old one was a little large and would move to the side so that I found myself feeling like I was fighting it and the wind with my neck.

Theresa, I can't wait for you to share some of that motivation:D

Today I did Butts and Guts, oh my gosh it has been awhile since I have done that one. It was fun and I had a good workout, Turbo Fire tomorrow. Nice workouts!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.