Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 6/9

orphylea

Cathlete
I was supposed to do STS Legs Disc #3 today but DH had Disc 17 on the agenda (tri set legs) and how could I say no to those? I love to hate those tri sets! Anyway, we did that this morning and both were seeing stars during that third set. :eek: Glad it is done.

I have to run and get showered- my kids go to day camp on T/TH from 9-1 so I can work. BBL!

Today was cardio so I chose a kickboxing workout that I haven't done in probably over a year. I chose Kick, Punch & Crunch. Had a really good workout. That workout wasn't as hard as I remember it being. I still sweated my ass off, though. It's really humid here today. Love that! I didn't do the ab work, I may do it on Thursday.

HR STATS:
62 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
36 minutes above zone
522 calories burned

Love the calorie burn! :eek:

Patti - Nice workout! I bet you'll feel that tomorrow! Tri-sets are killer!

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch Chest & Tri's followed by Tae Bo. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 420 calories.

I'm working open to close today. I'm having a real tough time dealing with work. I had my review yesterday and I didn't meet my sales per hour goal, missed it by 4%, so I got a dollar an hour pay cut and I get reassessed at the end of August. If my numbers don't come up, I'll probably lose my job. It's already bad enough that I'm working 11 hour days on my feet all day...and now this! I wish I could find a real job..................Sorry for the VENT!!!

Needless to say, due to the above, I didn't even feel like working out today. I feel like such a loser.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Been on hog-mode with food over the weekend. I don't know what I am trying to accomplish by this and I am on a lean workout rotation..WTH?? Joy! So here is what I did yesterday:

(15 reps and 1 min rest inbetween)
LEGS:
Squats:
80# 5/15

Plie Squats
80# 3/15

Deads
80# 3/15

Bulgarian Split Squats
60# 3/15

Reverse Lunges
80#
3/15

ABS: C&W plus some extra on my own

Today is a cardio day. I am thinking of doing plyo's, but not sure yet. I am also gonna work abs again because my abs just need some extra work because of the eating...although my protein intake was on the higher side as opposed to what it was this weekend.

Lora,

Sorry to hear. You can only do your best, that is all you can do.

Debbie,

I haven't done KPC in such a long time! Fun, huh? Nice workout!

Patti,

If you seen stars then I think you gave more then 100%! lol.

OK - now I'm mad. My post just disappeared as I was sitting here typing it. I was just about finished too!!!

Lora - sorry about work. I did retail for a while - long while actually. I hated working places where I knew that I had to do a certain number of things (like credit apps) or my reviews would suffer, pay would suffer, and ultimately, I would lose my job. I enjoyed the smaller boutiques so much though. Never, ever would I go back to a large dept store.

Charlotte - 80 lbs on plie squats??! How do you hold the weight?

Debbie - I have never completed KPC. I used to love KBxing too. Guess I should think about those again.

Patti - what do you do for work?

Yesterday, I swam for 10 minutes nonstop - a lot for me and I was pleased to find I have gotten a lot stronger both physically and aerobically. I could have gone longer except my forearms were killing me - darn KBs! Afterwards, I lazed by the pool :p Halle and I ran some errands and when we got back, I did a cardio combo on my stuff and did SJP abs. Didn't feel like killing myself with the Spinervals b/c my sinuses were giving me fits - still got a good workout in - it was just short.

Shana,

LMAO...I thought that was terribly on the light side for me. I have always loved Plie Squats and can go much heavier off my smith machine. You just reminded me that I need to go visit the pool sometime now that it is open. Sounds like your making your workouts fun and being creative..swimming is a good idea, but alas, I cannot swim..I play in the water. haha.

Charlotte: Plie squats are my favorite LB move too! I use more weight than DH. :D I should try them with the Smith machine and just haven't done it. Thanks for the idea.

Lora: Oh that stinks! I'm so sorry. I wish I could help. I'm proud of you for working out right now- when everything else is out of your hands it is always something that you know you can do for yourself. Vent here when you need to.

Debbie: I want to like KPC and I kind of do, but erm, it isn't my favorite. I'll do it if it is on a rotation but only now and again. I'd rather do step I guess. But it is a great calorie burner.

Shana: Oh swimming sounds nice! It's actually been a bit cool here for swimming. I'm sure it will be NASTY hot by July though. I code documents for a law firm for a mass tort suit. It's boring.

Charlotte - well, on a smith machine. That makes sense. I was picturing you holding a big ol' 80 lb weight b/w your legs :D I love plie's too. Give me some plie's and firewalkers and I can be a happy girl - actually, those are on tap for today since I didn't work legs yesterday and this week, I am making my own stuff up.

Patti - well, no, that does not sound too terribly exciting! Nice to make money though - that's what I tell myself as I am going cross-eyed doing my work. It pays for my addiction to new equipment and DVDs...oh, and cat surgeries!!

Patti - So how did the eating go yesterday? I ate clean and woke up straving this morning so I am thinking I did pretty well. No I didn't write all down, I have to move in baby steps.:D Nice leg workout this morning!

Debbie
- I only like K,P, & C if I stay away from it for awhile.

Lora
- Sorry about the job and the pay cut. Sounds horrible!

Shana - Did you find that article you were looking for yet?

Hi, Char!

Today was legs and I am so glad I am only doing this workout once a week now. Got my butt kick! Started with 4DS though first blast and my HR would just not go up and I was thinking "oh,no" not one of those days. But I needn't worried because as soon as I started the leg work HR went thru the roof and would not come back down. I spent most of my time between 170 to 179 bpm! Needless to say I wiped out at the end.:p

Didn't feel like working out at all today, just too tired.

4DS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

Squats - 35#
Jump Squats - 8#
Sissy Squats - 8#
Romanian Deadlift - 35#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20.

Squats - 115,105,95,85,75,65 #
***Kept weight the same,in keeping with not trying too push too hard too fast! Besides don't want big legs anyway:p
Jump Squats - 30,25,20,15,12,10, #
***Dropped 2# on all sets, feel like I am crazy to keep adding weight here
Sissy Squats -35,30,25,20,15,12 #
***Increase 3# here on most sets
Romanian Deadlift - 125,115,105,95,85,75 #
***Up 5# on all sets

Squats - 55#
***I was toast by this point so I kept the same weight for the endless 30 reps!

By this point I was tired and out of time. Workout was 102 minutes and burned 468 calories.

Linda - darn it, no! But I had to give up on finding it - my sanity was at risk! However, Halle had lost her Cooking Mama Nintendo game a long time ago. She loved that game so I bought her a replacement and *I* lost it before we even opened it. It was in the attic forever b/c she got other new ones for Christmas and her bday. Well, she found it but I was waiting to give it to her until she needed something different (like a long road trip!) I looked and looked and looked. I kept looking in the same places and was reminded that repeating yourself, with the hopes of a different outcome, is a sign of insanity (or something like that). But, it paid off b/c I found it last night - in the attic but between two boxes and I still don't know why it was there but oh well. So, that made me happy and I will hope to run across the article at some point. It just had such a nice little chart that was doable and sounded like fun even. Anyway, nice workout. Those are some really impressive weights. It is hard to not push to go heavier. BTW - one day, I would like to have the arms that wimps look at and say "I wouldn't want arms that big"~~ You just go girl :D

Patti - So how did the eating go yesterday? I ate clean and woke up straving this morning so I am thinking I did pretty well. No I didn't write all down, I have to move in baby steps.:D Nice leg workout this morning!

Debbie
- I only like K,P, & C if I stay away from it for awhile.

Lora
- Sorry about the job and the pay cut. Sounds horrible!

Shana - Did you find that article you were looking for yet?

Hi, Char!

Today was legs and I am so glad I am only doing this workout once a week now. Got my butt kick! Started with 4DS though first blast and my HR would just not go up and I was thinking "oh,no" not one of those days. But I needn't worried because as soon as I started the leg work HR went thru the roof and would not come back down. I spent most of my time between 170 to 179 bpm! Needless to say I wiped out at the end.:p

Didn't feel like working out at all today, just too tired.

4DS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

Squats - 35#
Jump Squats - 8#
Sissy Squats - 8#
Romanian Deadlift - 35#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20.

Squats - 115,105,95,85,75,65 #
***Kept weight the same,in keeping with not trying too push too hard too fast! Besides don't want big legs anyway:p
Jump Squats - 30,25,20,15,12,10, #
***Dropped 2# on all sets, feel like I am crazy to keep adding weight here
Sissy Squats -35,30,25,20,15,12 #
***Increase 3# here on most sets
Romanian Deadlift - 125,115,105,95,85,75 #
***Up 5# on all sets

Squats - 55#
***I was toast by this point so I kept the same weight for the endless 30 reps!

By this point I was tired and out of time. Workout was 102 minutes and burned 468 calories.

Linda,

WOW on the bpm/heart rate of 170-179!!!!! Most I ever got mine up to was 170, but usually 165 is the limit for me. According to my machine (elliptical), it says my avg heart rate is 143bpm for 80% mhr which I think is close to accurate, but I feel like it should be more like 150.

Linda: Food was CLEAN! I'm happy and feel 100% better. Good for us! :D I didn't write it down either but it was good. I made this for a snack- I put 1 cup of CC in the blender, added 2 teaspoons of SF/FF pudding mix, a packet of splenda, a little vanilla, a bunch of ice and maybe 1/3 water. I let it sit in the freezer for a bit and it was like ice cream. :)

Linda - my word - I forgot to mention the HR. Wow -

Patti and Linda - eating clean makes such a difference in how we feel, doesn't it?! All it takes is a few days of going off of it to really realize. I cannot believe how I used to eat. So, here is an idea I am going try. I don't eat a lot of bananas but they are so tasty sometimes. Freeze a peeled banana and blend it up. Supposed to be like banana ice cream. The idea was for a juice extractor but I don't have that so I'm going to try just a blender with some water and maybe berries, and ice if necessary, maybe almond butter, protein powder. I'll try a mix of different stuff and see. Sounds fun for after a workout, especially in the summer.

I finished my workout. Was beat afterward
icon_biggrin.gif
I started with Cardio Fusion Mix and Max 80 minute premix and burned 720 calories. Then I did 4DSplit calves with 25# dumbbells. I was going to stop here but decided to go on and try STS disc 9 chest shoulders and biceps again. My elbow was much better today. I didn't go quite as heavy on the bicep moves this time. Tomorrow I plan on taking grandchildren to the library so wanted to get the weights out of the way. I finished off with STS extended stretch. Total calories burned today was 1178. Max hr was 167 which is great for me.I am hoping to do Kimberly Spreen's Combat Surge tomorrow or Friday. I haven't done this one yet
icon_smile.gif
Friday will be busy though so unless I get up around 4:30 that won't happen.

Thanks Shana! I think bananas are a good post WO food anyway! I keep a few frozen for recipes so why don't I use them for me?? My other idea was to put greek yogurt and a bit of milk with berries in my automatic-sit-on-the-shelf-weird-present-from-my-MIL ice cream maker.

Linda - darn it, no! But I had to give up on finding it - my sanity was at risk! So, that made me happy and I will hope to run across the article at some point. It just had such a nice little chart that was doable and sounded like fun even. Anyway, nice workout. Those are some really impressive weights. It is hard to not push to go heavier. BTW - one day, I would like to have the arms that wimps look at and say "I wouldn't want arms that big"~~ You just go girl :D

Shana - I know how that feels. I looked for this box of cables that I have for months and finally gave up. Just found it the other day when looking for something else, AND it was in a place that I had checked a few times when I was searching for it.:confused:

Linda,

WOW on the bpm/heart rate of 170-179!!!!! Most I ever got mine up to was 170, but usually 165 is the limit for me. According to my machine (elliptical), it says my avg heart rate is 143bpm for 80% mhr which I think is close to accurate, but I feel like it should be more like 150.

Char - I have days where I can't get it any higher than 165, but most times when I try I can get to 170 during a blast. I agree with you on the 150, at 143 I don't feel like I am working that hard.

Linda: Food was CLEAN! I'm happy and feel 100% better. Good for us! :D I didn't write it down either but it was good. I made this for a snack- I put 1 cup of CC in the blender, added 2 teaspoons of SF/FF pudding mix, a packet of splenda, a little vanilla, a bunch of ice and maybe 1/3 water. I let it sit in the freezer for a bit and it was like ice cream. :)

Patti - WooHoo for us! I think, for me anyway, if I can get through the first day the others become easier. That snack sounds awesome. I have been making whipped evaporated FF milk w/ spenda. It's suppose to be a replacement for whip cream, but I found if you freeze it, it's a lot like ice cream. With only about 75 calories per cup, no fat and no disgusting sugar alcohols!

Linda - my word - I forgot to mention the HR. Wow -

Patti and Linda - eating clean makes such a difference in how we feel, doesn't it?! All it takes is a few days of going off of it to really realize. I cannot believe how I used to eat. So, here is an idea I am going try. I don't eat a lot of bananas but they are so tasty sometimes. Freeze a peeled banana and blend it up. Supposed to be like banana ice cream. The idea was for a juice extractor but I don't have that so I'm going to try just a blender with some water and maybe berries, and ice if necessary, maybe almond butter, protein powder. I'll try a mix of different stuff and see. Sounds fun for after a workout, especially in the summer.

Shana - We have a restraunt here on our boardwalk called the Bashful Banana, whose speciality is banana cream. I use to make smoothies with all fruit and frozen bananas. I made so think that I had to eat it with a spoon.:D Yum! You'll have to let us know if you hit on a really great combo!

Just curious, those of you who do the cardio from 4DS, how is the kickboxing one? Is it fun? Does it get your HR up??? I want to try it but not sure it's worth my time. LOL!!

Nice workouts, everyone! Wow, everyone is kicking butt today! :eek: :eek:

Debbie, 4DSplit Kickbox is fun. I generally burn around 250 calories when I do it. It gets your hr up pretty well. I would say not up into the higher end.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.