Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 6/8

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I started Cathe's June rotation. Today was Disc 1 and I know we've all said it before but holy pushups! Wow, I almost forgot. And they don't get easier! Blah! But it was a great workout. I still have 30 minutes of steady state cardio to do- my mom is coming over to workout and we'll take turns with the kids, so I'll do it then. I'll have more energy for it if I wait a bit anyway! :eek:

And I weighed myself. What the heck have I been thinking?! Anyway, I'm so completely back on the eating well bandwagon. I will not let my fitness and hard work go out the door for the sake of a brownie (or two). :)

Have a great day everyone!

Today is Week 5 of my rotation. Back to Straight and Drop sets. Worked Back and Biceps today and had a great workout. My biceps are still shaking.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

BACK
T-Bar Row:
60# - 8/8/8
***Could have gone heavier.

Dumbbell Pullovers:
40# - 10/10/10
***Probably could have gone heavier but this weight felt pretty good.

**Double-Arm Rows:
25's - 12/12/12
20's - 10
15's - 12
12's - 12
***Got a good burn with this drop set. Last 4 sets had no rest in between.

BICEPS
Barbell Curl:
60# - 8/8/8
***Struggled with this today. Not sure why. I was glad to make 8 reps with each set.

Pinwheels:
15# - 10/10/10
***Haven't done these in a long time. This is a good exercise to work the head of the bicep. Really felt it.

**Incline Dumbbell Curls:
20's - 12/12/12
15's - 8
12's - 10
10's - 12
***Wow, this one got me. On my 3rd set of 20's I almost didn't make 12 reps. Then when I went to 15's my bi's just wanted to say STOP! Great burn here.

That is all...

Last edited:
HEy chickies

Haven't been around in a while. Poppin in to say hello..
Doing STS right now and getting stronger every day. Now to eat reg and i would be better..
Just gota bow flex and to figure out how to use it and maybe i can do some heavier without killing myself.

Well ladies keep ona truckin and lookin good..
Take care all..
Anne

Mornin,

Hurt my hand about a week ago, and really tried to exercise but it is way to painful. I don't know if it was STS or moving heavy furniture around. I pretty sure it was the latter.

Anyhoo, I'm still able to do cardio, so that will be for me for a few weeks or more. I think I might have sprained it, or it might have a hair line fracture. I'm going to call for an appt. to see what the docs can do for me.

Just wanted to add that I'll be on and off the forum and sometimes sparsely until I can weight train again.

So far everyone looks good with their exercises. Good Job!

See you all later,

Janie

Last edited:
The final countdown begins...we leave Saturday. YIPPEE!!! Saturday, I did CC#1 on the stepmill and went 3.25 miles, then cooled down on the TM for .25 miles. Afterwards, did some ab work on my own but it wasn't much. I can't recall the calorie burn but it was about 375. Yesterday, I did PUB and the Oxygen abs. Since there are 4 sets, I started with one set, did chest, did another set, then back, etc. Then I did some hamstring curls in between the last set and then afterwards. Today, I am doing a Spinervals that includes some leg weight work and I will add some of my own weight work and do SJP abs, and hopefully some stepmill too. I am pretty happy with my progress. This week, I want to drink tons of water and eat only whole foods for the most part. There will be some deviations, I know, but I intend on really keeping an eye on that.

Patti - good to see you back here, starting the threads! Are you following the June rotation? Did you see the full body rotation posted in the STS forum? Still not sure what to think about that one.

Janie - hope the hand gets better. Good for you for continuing on with the cardio.

Debbie - I like shakey biceps - nice workout.

Hi Anne :)

And I weighed myself. What the heck have I been thinking?! Anyway, I'm so completely back on the eating well bandwagon. I will not let my fitness and hard work go out the door for the sake of a brownie (or two). :)

Patti - I am totally with you on this one. I mean summer is here and at this point I dread putting a bathing suit on! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is week four and not sure how many more weeks I could do this upper body workout. I have also found that I have sucked myself right back in that mentality of having to lift heavier every workout.:confused: I mean heaven forbid should I do two workouts at the same weight with no increase! I am going to hurt myself again!:mad:

4 DS HIS warmup only. (due to getting up late)

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise, doing one side at a time. (so everything on the right, then everything on the left, repeat)

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm Kickback - 8#
One Arm Row - 25#
One Arm Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm DB Curl - 12#
One Arm Overhead Press - 10#
One Arm Floor Chest Press - 20#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, everything on one side.

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 21,16,13,12,9,6 #
***Upped weight by 1# all sets
One Arm Kickbacks - 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***Went back to Kickback because of my elbow clicking, also upped weights by about 3#
One Arm Row - 55,50,45,40,35,30 #
***Upped first set by 1#, all other by 3#
One Arm Lat Raise - 21,16,13,11,9,6 #
***Again upped all sets by 1#
One Arm Concentration DB Curl - 31,26,21,16,13,11 #
***Here I only upped the last two sets by 2#
One Arm Overhead Press - 30,25,20,15,12,10 #
***Upped all sets by 1#, 2# or 3#
One Arm Chest Press - 41,36,31,26,20,16 #
***Upped sets by 2# or 3#, and failed on the last set was only able to do 15 reps

Of course at this point I was out of time, so I just did a couple of stretches on my own. Workout was 1:10 and burned 418 calories.

This is week four and not sure how many more weeks I could do this upper body workout. I have also found that I have sucked myself right back in that mentality of having to lift heavier every workout.:confused: I mean heaven forbid should I do two workouts at the same weight with no increase! I am going to hurt myself again!:mad:

LMAO! I am doing the same thing, Linda! I keep telling myself that I am not going extremely heavy because I'm sick of injuries. But here I am going at least 2# heavier with each of my workouts. LOL! We are nuts! :eek:

LMAO! I am doing the same thing, Linda! I keep telling myself that I am not going extremely heavy because I'm sick of injuries. But here I am going at least 2# heavier with each of my workouts. LOL! We are nuts! :eek:

Debbie - We are completely nuts! Didn't we tell ourselves we weren't going to do this anymore? On some of these sets this morning I darn near killed myself.:confused: Especially on the chest press. I didn't realize how much I had actually increased those sets by, it's no wonder I failed!

Shana: I did see that! I wonder how much of a butt pain it would be to set up. Woo hoo for Saturday coming fast! You'll have a great week- you sound focused.

Linda and Debbie: You guys make me laugh! You're maniacs! Anyway Linda, we are FOCUSED, right? I will NOT eat my way into Fatty Patti land!

Hi Anne! Glad you are liking STS and I hear you on eating being an important piece of the puzzle.

Janie: Sorry about your hand- smart to take a break and just do cardio for now.

Debbie - We are completely nuts! Didn't we tell ourselves we weren't going to do this anymore? On some of these sets this morning I darn near killed myself.:confused: Especially on the chest press. I didn't realize how much I had actually increased those sets by, it's no wonder I failed!

LOL! Like Patti said, we are MANIACS! Or animals, whichever you prefer! :cool:

Hi Maniacs -

I'm in my last week of my David Kirsch 7 Day Rx rotation. Today was Legs, Butt & Abs and I added legs on from NYB and then did Leisa Hart Sexy Legs ballet/cardio segment. Calorie burn was 400 something and I worked out for 75". I also did a 20" segment for low back pain.

I've been working tons of hours. Scheduled for 46 one week and haven't had many days off. My feet and back are killing me. I can't wait until Thursday, as I'm off.

Great workouts everyone.

Off to check out Cathe's June Rotation.......I saw someone above was starting it and it piqued my interest.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; Kiwi
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. Low Sugar Strawberry jam
M6: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake

1445 calories
41 g. fat - 26%
138 g. protein - 38%
136 g. carbs - 38%

Before I lose my mind...

There was an article in either Oxygen or M&F Hers recently (I think it was) that I tore out and cannot find anywhere - and it is about to drive me nuts!!:mad: I have been going through my old issues and tearing out what I was interested in and I KNOW I tore it out but of course, there is the chance that memory is not serving me correctly! It was an article about something and within that article was a chart on how to start running. It was something like run 1 min, walk 2 and you gradually built that up to a 5K, I'm pretty sure. Anybody know what the heck I am talking about, and what magazine and issue it was in? I would kiss your feet if you were here and found it :)

Shana: Sorry, I don't remember seeing that. I'll flip through the current few I have around here and make sure.

Linda: Really, someone said that? You shoulda showed her what those arms are for! :eek: Whatever. Your arms are an object of admiration around here.

Did part of Straight Up Step from Seasun Zieger today- really fun. It is one you have to preview, though. Her cuing is impeccable, which helps.

I did Power Hour this morning. I too need to get my eating back in control. Yesterday was a baby shower and a big chocolate cake and a big white cake (Twins are coming to my cousin and his wife) and that chocolate cake taunted me all afternoon. Of course, I gave in and I like the worst part best-ICING. Ughhhhh!!!!!! So for awhile I am saying NO TO CHOCOLATE.

This morning I did STS disc 8 back and triceps and weights and plates abs. I burned 451 calories. I didn't do cardio. Instead I went with dd and granddaughters to do some shopping. DH got off early and we went out for lunch. I had a baked potato. My elbow did fine today through my workout. Tomorrow I will hit cardio.

Shana, I only have current issues of M&F hers and Oxygen with me. I remember an article like that.

Janie, I am sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. I hope you find out that is not anything to serious.

Patti, I have Straight Up Step. I did have most of it down pretty well. There is another one of Seasun's that I have but never did get very far into it. I have no problem with Bosu Blast though. I was afraid to order her newer one without lots of input on how hard it is. I ordered Kimberly Spreen's Combat Surge. It should be here sometime this week. I like using my gadgets.

Anne, I am sure you will enjoy that Bowflex:)

Roselyn, I love the frosting too. I am more into eating a thin layer off the top of the cake with the frosting LOL I figure if I am going to enjoy it I will enjoy the part I like the most:D Fortunately I avoid making cakes very often and I am not fond of grocery store bought cakes when they are served at parties.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.