Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 5/5

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I did Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med Ball, including abs. Then I had a few minutes left so I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout, combo and blast #1. I burned 546 calories. I am trying to take it easy this week- I am not sure it is working.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning everyone! I'm still on my week break. Haven't even done cardio yet. Don't think I will. I'll start back with my workouts on Thursday and I'll looking forward to it.

This past weekend I went to Amish country with my cousins. This is our annual get-away. We had a blast. All we did was eat and shop. I had so much fun that I took yesterday off from work so I could get caught up with housework, etc. Glad I did. I was so tired.

Good to be back, though. Talk to you all later on...

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did:

C&W Ab work plus 25 hanging knee raises

CHEST:
Bench Press 55# 5/12
Incline DB Press 20's 3/12
Incline DB Flyes 15's 3/12

SHOULDERS:
Arnold Presses 15's 5/12
Lat Raises 10's 3/12
Bent Over w/8's 3/12

TRICEPS:
Dips BW 3/12
Lying Tricep Ext 10's 5/12
Overhead Presses 20# DB 3/12

TODAY: Plyo X!!! I wish it would stop raining. My grass is so high now and I still have not gotten my garden in yet.

Debbie,

Glad you had a great time and got caught up on stuff at home too! Enjoy this rest!

Patti,

Nice workout!!!

Where's Lora?

I can't believe it is already the fifth. Workout this morning was 1 mile w/up on the treadmill, STS chest shoulders and triceps disc 13 Mesocycle 2. I like this one. I then did Amy Bentos Kettlebell dynamics workout 2 and finished off with STS extended stretch. Total calories burned was 722. I am going to stop at Target and pick up a couple of more plastic totes when I pick up from school.

Charlotte, I hear you on the rain. It is so wet and soggy here. My dh finally had a few dry hours so went out and mowed. Then it was back to raining.

Morning Maniacs!Getting ready to do Amy's kettlebell workout. I plan on going on a bike ride later, if it doesn't rain. I'm getting my hair done later too, so I'll probably ride my bike there, it's on my route and my niece does it, so I can be in my biking clothes and not feel like a nerd walking in a salon.

Dh bought a bike to peice out and resell off ebay last night and accidently paid using my bank account. Should be interesting shuffling money around all week now! Oy! (we need to bring back the Oy!:p)

Char- It's been raining here a lot! We finally got the lawn mowed yesterday. I'm thinking of planting some things here soon. I miss not having my rouge pumpkin in the front yard. Need to plant one somewhere.

Debbie- Glad you had fun in Amish country!

Diane Sue- Check out the Fit and Fresh containers at Target. I've been investigating those. The seem real cool.

Patty
- That's not really taking it easy.;)

Later...

Bionics

Well by the time I get to mow, it will be slow going cuz the pushmower is gonna stall out alot. LOL. Last Spring, I had my garden in mid April so I wish I had it sooner because the spinach would be doing great by now. Oh, well. I am gonna read some this morning and then start my new way of cleaning. I am gonna clean 2 rooms a day everyday so I don't have it to do all at once and put all that pressure on myself.

Got to get on my bike again too. Have fun shuffling. hehe

Diane Sue

So you sold your house?

Bionics

I am gonna read some this morning and then start my new way of cleaning. I am gonna clean 2 rooms a day everyday so I don't have it to do all at once and put all that pressure on myself.

That's a good idea. My house was never so clean as to when I was doing the Flylady thing. She emailed me my chores for the day/week and I was good to go. My dh was amazed! Now I'm just a slob that cleans about once a week and it shows.:eek:

Morning maniacs! My arms are really sore today. Good feeling. I have cardio planned for tonight, probably a Cathe step WO. I am going to like this Lean Phase of CLX. She just stepped it up a notch cuz these workouts are harder lol!

Shana- Maeghan or Meg is fine. You should try CLX when you get a chance. Nice change of pace and good workouts.

Char, Deb and Bionics- I should check out Flylady too. I get overwhelmed on the weekends and spend to much time inside cleaning when it is nice outside.

Patty- you call that taking it easy:) lol

Bionics

Have heard of this flylady system before, but I wasn't ready for it then and now I am!!! lol. I am gonna check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

My daughter is coming by later today with a Mother's Day top for me. She has great taste in clothes so can't wait to see it.

Meg,

Nice that your arms are sore!!! YEAH!!! Looks like we are both doing a leaning out rotation then. And yeah, the cleaning idea is probably gonna be better for me...I think it is a good idea. Was actually talking about this in my meditation class...sometimes those classes end up being a woman's discussion group of anything that comes to mind! lol.

Dallys, I will have to check those containers out when I go to the store in a bit.

Charlotte, we sold our house and have bought a garden home. We close on both the 22nd. Lots of stuff to take care of in the next couple of weeks:eek: I am working like crazy.

First let me just say ... I Love Flylady! Although I still tend to flutter a bit now and then, her system is great, so are a lot of her tools!

Okay, I switched things up a bit this week. I read an article this weekend that said you should never work arms the day before or after Chest or Back. So I did Back today and will do Arms later in the week.

Honestly, I don't think I really had any business working out this morning, throat is still really sore and it didn't take much to send my HR through the roof. I noticed during running between sets that I didn't have to work hard for my HR to rise, so being short on time and figuring easy cardio would be the way to go I finished with 4 DS LIS. Well, lets just say at the end of the combos my HR was nearing 170 and by the end of the blasts it was 181-182:eek: for low impact! But in the end, I am an idiot and don't know when to just stay in bed.

Today was Back. Quads are really sore from yesterday and traps are already feeling sore.:p

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off.

Ran during 2 minute rest between each set.

BACK
Underhand/Overhand BB Rows:
45# - 8 sets/15-13 reps
**Alternated grip

Lat Pulldown:
2 15# Green tubes and 1 5# Red Tube together - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Up 5# tube.

Dumbbell Pullover:
33# - 8 sets/9-7 reps
***These were killer they day after chest day!:confused:

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band - 8 sets/16-14 reps

Then did Combo/Blast 1 & 2 and Combo 3 from 4DS LIS.
Finished with stretch from 4DS LIS. Workout was 1:00 and burned 530 calories. (Saturday w/o was 1:09 and I only burned 466 calories)

Hi there everyone,
I haven't been on lately and things have been rather hectic, but I've been managing to work out almost as much as I'd like. I think things may normalize a bit, now. I do have an interview this week, though, and I'll be taking time out of a couple days to prep for that. Funny that you all are talking about flylady; my apartment is definitely bordering on pit status right now. Sigh. I do like to keep things cleaner, but life has not been conducive to that the last few weeks!

Anyway, yesterday I did Pyramid Up, and today I'll work out after work.

Evening!

Linda: You made me laugh with your post but STAY IN BED tomorrow (even though you won't and I probably wouldn't either).

Meg: I don't know if I've said hello, but HI! My best friend just finished CLX and was having great results (post baby) until Lean. She said she gained a few inches in Lean (ack!) and felt like it neglected legs a bit. Let me know what you think about it when you're done. I have it but haven't done it yet. :)

Hermia: Good to see you! I wondered where you went. :)

FlyLady- I knew of her years ago and probably need to look into it again. I could clean the toy room every 5 minutes. Sheesh.

Any protein powder suggestions? I think I probably need to start drinking a recovery shake- I often don't eat for at least 90 minutes to even 2 hours after a workout and don't eat before I workout either. That is probably not good. So I need to drink a shake so I get something in me post workout. I was looking on the internet but OMG so confusing. I know pure whey protein isolate is better than anything else. Am I overthinking this?

Hey Maniacs! Just finished up a 30 mile road bike ride with dh. Took 2 hrs. and 10 min. Had a blast and feelin' fine!

Hermia- good to see you again!

Patty- I always over think things. The most convenient way for me is to just buy the Body Fortress protein powder at Wal-Mart. I think it's really good and it's cheap too.

Well, I didn't do what I intended tonight. I had a crappy evening and then it got late, so I just did Extreme Abs from CLX. Atleast I did something lol.

Hi Patti- I have had great results so far. That is weird to gain inches. I will keep an eye on that! I also use body fortress from Walmart, vanilla. It tastes good and is about 12 bucks!

Hi Maniacs -

Just got home from work. I tried to check in around noon and it seems the Forum was done....thus the no post.

I don't think I even want to meet Flylady! I hate HATE to clean! My poor dirty house! I only clean when I don't work full time.

Today, I did David Kirsch 7 Day Rx, Chest & Tri's followed by a Leslie Walk/Jog Interval Cardio. Workout was 75" and I burned around 600 calories.

Off to eat dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.