Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 5/4

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning!! I did KCM Cardio Kick Step Boxing this morning with 1# weights and burned 623 calories. I love that workout. DH and I did Ab Circuits med ball abs yesterday, including partner abs. That one is my favorite- so much fun. I took a rest day yesterday and still burned over 2300 calories- no argument there. :) I always thought I had a slow metabolism and that isn't the case- I think I was basically just starving my poor body.

Diane Sue: I saw your post last night- moving just messes with the routine. I don't like that. It's been a long time since we moved and never with the kids. That was a weird list of foods yesterday- hey some days it happens.

Anyone see that 300 workout in M&F Hers? It looks like fun, especially since you time yourself to see improvement. I would love to try it but it might not be the best thing to do on rest week. I might do it anyway. :p

Patti - What is KCM?

Woke up yesterday with DD's sore throat, which is still sore today. So I probably should not have worked out and all, but being a maniac I really could not help myself.
This morning was Chest and took all I had to get through it. But this is my last week and well I just didn't want to quit early.:p

4DS through 1st blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

CHEST
Barbell Press:
45# - 8 sets/12-9 reps

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
17's - 8 sets/9-7 reps

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20's - 8 sets/12-9 reps
***Feeling a bit lighted by this point

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
16's - 8 sets/9-8 reps
****Up 1#

Finished out with the rest of 4 DS HIS and stretch. Workout was 1:02 minutes and burned 512 calories.

Also, on the weight front while my scale continues to go up, down, up, down (stupid thing) I was able to put on a pair of pants yesterday that previously were not fitting anymore. Mind you, they weren't as loose as the use to be, but at least the fit now.:D

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I have new toys coming!!!!:D:D:D My slanted risers should be here today!:D And I ordered Pace Weights! (could have used those slanted risers this morning!:p)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Didn't workout this weekend. Feel like God is trying to tell me to forget trying to stay in control for now..seems that way. I make plans and then someone else changes them..it is all good though, had a great weekend, but geez, couldn't workout so gotta catch up now. Gonna do Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Abs/Cardio today. Too much rain yesterday so garden is put off til it drys out some and then I need to mow.

Linda,

Hope you feel better. Nice going with workout even still. Nice to get new stuff when your feeling alittle sick too. Something else to help make you feel better.

Patti,

Nice calorie burn and sounds like you had a good time with hubby too. ;)

Hello to all that follow.

Linda: *YAY* on fitting into the pants! And the new toys...let me know what you think about the Pace Weights. And how did that new ab move work for you? The ValSlide workout I did was tough but I felt nothing afterwards. Don't know why I need that feeling! The muscles were a little tender but that's it. However, I can do levitation holds and actually get my legs out in front of me - can't hold it for more than a second or two, and my legs aren't totally straight, but it's progress :) Hope the sore throat goes away fast. KCM is Kelly Coffey-Meyer, BTW.

Patti: Don't know if you saw my post yesterday but I looked that bike up. Awesome ride...used to, I was up on my bikes and Suzuki makes a lot of dirt bikes so if I hadn't heard of a model, that most likely meant it was dirt - been out of it too long to even know what is being made anymore! I did see that 300 workout and it looks like so much fun. I'm thinking of doing that when I'm finished with STS.

Diane Sue: I don't know how you get all done in a day that you are able to do! Hope today is more normal for you.

I ended up doing CC#2 last night. I warmed up on TM with a 5% incline at 4 mph and did all steadies that way, then challenge 1 on 15% incline at 4mph and challenge 3 on 11-15% incline (moving up 1% each of the 5 times) at 4.1mph. Challenge 2 was on the SM. Got 2 miles on TM and .82 miles (40 flights) on SM. Burned 367 calories with maxHR 180 and avgHR 147 - total time 39:31.

Good morning maniacs. I had a really weird weekend. I did my Push 3 WO on Saturday instead of Friday because I was completely exhausted. But I went heavier on almost every exercise, so I have gained a lot of strength the last two months. Not so bad after taking 1.5 years off!

I am starting the Lean Phase of CLX today. I heard it is harder, so I am looking foward to it. I had another rest day yesterday, since my fiances grandmother died late sat night so we didn't get home untill 5am. I was beat and did nothing but lay on the couch yesterday.

Char- so glad you rested. YOu absolutely deserve it.

Linda, i had that sore throat last week but thankfully it went away. Good job getting the wo done. I hope you feel better.

Patti, I should check out that 300 wo. Thanks.

Shana- really nice TM workout.

Linda: *YAY* on fitting into the pants! And the new toys...let me know what you think about the Pace Weights. And how did that new ab move work for you? The ValSlide workout I did was tough but I felt nothing afterwards. Don't know why I need that feeling! The muscles were a little tender but that's it. However, I can do levitation holds and actually get my legs out in front of me - can't hold it for more than a second or two, and my legs aren't totally straight, but it's progress :) Hope the sore throat goes away fast. KCM is Kelly Coffey-Meyer, BTW.

Shana
- No nothing on the ab move I tried, but I am not ready to give up on it yet. You use your legs during it to push against a wall and I had such major DOMS in my quads the day I tried it that I am not sure I was really pushng hard enough. I will keep you posted though. Good for you on the levitations, I can not get my legs off the floor to saved my life.:p

Linda: I started by sitting cross legged but securing my feet on the tops of my thighs so there was no wiggling or feet hanging (sorry - no idea what that is called). Then eventually, I could just sit regular cross legged and every time, I tried to send my legs out. It took a while, but I'm getting there. And I don't put my palms flat on the floor. If you have perfect pushups, those help too. Then you can use them to do some cool oblique twists while up in the air :D

Hi Maniacs -

I'm working late today...thus the late check in.

Today's workout was David Kirsch 7 Day Prescription Butt, Legs & Abs. I probably could have gone slightly heavier, but he has you do leg curls with the dumbbell held in your feet and I kept dropping them....so had to lighten up. I added on the lower body segment from his NY dvd and then I added on 1/2 hour of a Leslie Walking working. Added hand weights for intensity and also made it a bit higher impact. I also did an AM yoga segment with Rod Stryker for 1/2 hour.

Total weights and cardio were 1 hour and 25 minutes and I burned 632 calories.

Gotta go get ready for work. Might be back in a little bit.

Linda - got your payment. The DVD will go out towards the end of the week. thanks and I hope you like it.

Hi All,

I have my grandson here for a few days and will be very busy. I'm going to have fun now, so see you all later.LOL

Janie

Last edited:
Well, here I am finally checking in at the end of the day. Today was one of those really unexpected days. I drug myself out of bed this morning since DH had to get up early and I just couldn't sleep. I did STS Plyo legs disc 29. I really liked the way Cathe used the step a lot in this one. Then I did Amy's Rumble heavy bag segments 1, 2, and upper drills. I followed with Amy's Kickbox surge core and 4 sets of 10 reps each 45# barbell rollouts on toes and hanging knee raise with 10# medicine ball. I finished with Cathe's stretch on the ball#2. Total workout time was 1 hour 50 minutes and calories were 813.
My dd came over before I even had my hair dried since she picked up a lamp for me that my granddaughter really wanted for her birthday(even more than her new bike) It has pink and lots of colors and beed fringes. She got it at Hobbly Lobby.
Later we went to lunch with dh downtown Oklahoma City. I had to book it to the grocery store and to get my grandson's present before I came home. There are two birthday parties this month. Anyway I have been out all day or answering the phone. Glad when we are settled again so I can relax.

Shana, today was not a normal day either. I started picking up as soon as I came back home as I was expecting our realtor. It ends up we will be seeing them tomorrow.

Charlotte, sometimes we just need time off. I am trying to save mine for the move and my Dad and brother coming to visit at the same time. I think I will be really so busy putting things together that I will have no choice but to take time off.

Patti, at least I ate today :D I started out with my recover drink post workout. We went to lunch and I ate a Salmon ceasar salad at Interurban Express downtown. Had a dark chocolate caramel Zone perfect bar for a snack when out. Dinner was just a lettuce salad with 1/2 a pack of Newman's own Southwest dressing.
Too, many things going on. It is really hard to keep my eating good.

Janie, I know you will enjoy your grandson. Have a great time. I love planning for my grandchildren when I know they are coming. Crafts and games are so much fun.

Last edited:
Linda: WOO HOO on the pants fitting! That is a much better measure of progress than the stupid scale. I love mine when it agrees with me. On bodybuilding.com one of the women always says "the only weight you should be concerned with is the one you're lifting". This is what I say to that! :p If only I could live by those words!

Shana: Yep, I saw your post. Thanks for the levitation tips. I find that sitting in lotus (like you described) is the way I get up at all right now. But I like how you worked on it and edged your way out there. I need to go the yoga based abs more often.

Great workouts everyone! I did do a lighter version of that 300 workout this afternoon. If I did it with the weights it called for, well, it would REALLY be something. :eek: I figured with it being my rest week I shouldn't use weights that were heavy. Fun stuff.

I forced myself to finally do my workout tonight. I am still recovering from the weekend lol! I did CLX Lean Phase Circuit one. WOW, this was hard. My biceps are screaming at me :). I think I am really going to enjoy this phase. I am drinking my protein shake and gonna relax and go to bed.

DS-I sure hope the move goes well and quickly and you get some time to really relax. Your lunch sounds really good tho!

Diane Sue - guess there aren't many "normal" days ahead for you. Just think how exciting it will be to move into a new place and get everything organized, cleaned out and have a fresh start. I never get to move but I often get on tears where I go through the house acting like I am and get rid of stuff. It clears my weird brain out some :rolleyes: I'll be thinking about you.

Got my workout in before I picked up Halle. It was the first workout of Meso 3, week 2. Had a good workout and was impressed with how far I've come.

Maeghan (or I think maybe you go by Meg?) - I have those nights but afterwards, it is always worth it, huh? I have CLX and will probably do it at some point. Nice to know you are enjoying it so much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.