Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 5/2

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! Gotta go to AB's new Kickbox Surge this morning. I'm excited! I previewed it yesterday and it looks fun. :)

Diane Sue: Congrats on the house! I'm happy you have workout space- don't think I would agree to move without that! I'm sure the kids are happy you will be even closer.

Lora: Thanks for more info on David Kirsch- DH and I are doing STS together and I'm kind of shopping around for something else for us. It will probably be P90X but I'm still looking. If he isn't interested, maybe I'll do one without him. :p

Also guilty of the shopping bug here- trying to curb it back. But of course I just ordered some new DVDs from fitness fly yesterday- how could I not? I had a COUPON for heaven's sake. :p

La la la, talking to myself! I did Amy's new Kickbox Surge and LOVED it! What a fun workout- a tad easier from a choreography standpoint than her usual KB / hi lo. I think this is a new favorite. There is supposedly a premix where you do each surge twice. :eek: I gotta try that!

OK, off to do weekend things- my wee boy needs a haircut, then lunch and errands.

Good Saturday Morning...and Happy Birthday to Linda, right??

Yesterday was biceps, triceps and shoulders. It was good but I'm not killer sore like I hoped to be. The upper body is looking nice, though, so it's all good. Of course, I kept thinking of Char and her bicep work :D

Diane Sue - Glad the house thing is all working out.

Patti and Dallys - Ha ha on the shopping - it's good therapy ;)

Dallys - Thanks for getting the info on the bike for me. I found a different Orbea that I really liked too - a road bike only - but it is so darned expensive. I am keeping the link you gave me. I'm going to ask David if he could build a bike - I think he could.

Char - I LOVED the top yesterday. That could fit right into my closet and the sleeves are even long enough. I loved how they listed sleeve length.

Today is going to be cardio and getting bike parts and tomorrow, I'm going to David's and he's going to show me how to work on the bike. He also may start racing motorcycles again and is going to find out if there would be a way I could sneak in a few races!!! :D:D:D He would be riding on someone else's bike but that guy remembers me so there is good hope.

Patti, I'm hearing good things about Kickbox Surge. Keep the reviews coming. Enjoy your busy weekend with family and errands.

Linda, Happy Birthday! Have a great day.

Good Morning,

Today is a a cardio day for me. I'm not sure what it will be yet. I'm on my active week from STS.

Yesterday was biceps, triceps and shoulders. It was good but I'm not killer sore like I hoped to be. The upper body is looking nice, though, so it's all good. Of course, I kept thinking of Char and her bicep work :D

Meowracer, Good job on those biceps, triceps and shoulders. As long as you are feeling a pull on those muscle while working out, it doesn't matter if you feel DOMS or not. I must have missed Char's bicep work. I'll go back on yesterday's messages and see what's up. Have fun with the bike. Hope you can sneak in a few races, but please, do tell how it goes.

Char, Thank you for the link about David Kirsch. I'll be doing some reading.

Janie

Janie - I don't think Char's bicep work was yesterday - sometime last week. She lifts crazy amounts! Yes, I definitely felt that pull while working out - the muscles were used to exhaustion for sure. Just no crazy DOMS like from back/chest or especially legs. I feel some tightness though. It's all good :) Enjoy the active recovery - I find that it is during recovery week that the appearance of my muscles changes some and I'm happy with what I see...and I sure do enjoy the break.

Orphylea - did you notice that link on David Kirsch yesterday? That has a 21 day to a bikini body calendar rotation started in it. Maybe you and the DH can do that together. It looks really good. David is known for leaning out us ladies with the pear shaped bodies. I qualify for that, however, I don't know if you do.

I'll post my workout in a bit. Working the late shift today.

Hi Ladies -

Happy Saturday for those that are off. I won't have a day off for 9 days straight....freakin' retail!

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Prescription CardioSculpt Bootcamp followed by Kettlebell Dynamics - workout 3 with abs and stretch. Workout was 70" long and I burned 590 calories. I also did Shiva Rea's Yoga for Beginners, Backbends & Flexibility for 30". My hammy's are so tight all the time. I've got to get back to doing more yoga!

Not sure if I can stick with 7 Day Prescription ......I'm itching to try some of my Chalean Extreme, CIA's and maybe STS. I've only done a couple of Chalean workouts and STS ones since I got them. I have yet to look at either program to the point of "wrapping my head" around a rotation.

For those that have done STS, how hard is it to determine your 1 rep max.

In case anyone didn't see, I posted that thread from David Kirsch's site yesterday that has a 21 day bikini body rotation started in it. I think that's nice of David to offer such a program online.

I'll be around for a while ......I go into work around 3:30 today.

RE: Kettlebell Dynamics - I think this is a super fun program. I got really excited when Amy did bob & weave punches cuz that's my favorite thing to do .....mix kickboxing with Kettlebells. When I do Iron Core's or AOS, I usually kickbox my rests for active rests and it makes for a really fun, intense workout. Back to KB Dynamics. I could easily see how this DVD would push someone over the edge to make that first kettlebell purchase......because Amy's just so great in front of the camera and so much fun to work out with and the workout is fun......but that being said, NO WAY is this a workout for someone to try unless they know all of the kettlebell basics and proper form. I even was very careful doing some of the moves. The side swing and swing with runs have to be done with good form....or you can injure yourself. I love those holds she does over the head. Don't kettlebell workouts make you feel like a real badass? I just love me a good KB workout!

Last edited:
I got my workout in with many phone calls and interruptions. But I kept at it. I did Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics workout #1 adding workout #3 combo 2 which is the side swings, and workout #2 cardio 2 squat jumps holding the kettlebell (I did this from the premixes) then I did the abs segment 2 times and stretch. Fixed breakfast an talked to dd on the phone then did Amy's Kickbox surge Surge Mix and core. I finished off with STS weights and plates surge stretch and kettlebell dynamics stretch
Total calories burned today was 901. I had 1/2 scoop Optimum nutrition whey before workout and 2 egglands best eggs mid workout when I made breakfast. After workout and shower we went to Fridays for lunch and I had a mediterranean grilled chicken salad. This was yummy with olives and feta cheese.I have been doing pretty well on the clean eating. Can really tell the difference. I will see next week when I do bf check.

Lora, I agree that Kettlebell Dynamics is not for a beginner. I really do like it a lot. It is a fun workout. I like the way she does the holds overhead too:) As far as STS 1RM I did some of them. Then when I started the program I had to make a lot of adjustments. Some were way to high(must have had a burst of energy or something) Some were way to low. I think after warmed up and a few sets it makes a difference on what you can lift. This is probably a good reason to repeat the program. The ones I am doing now, I pull out the workout sheets and try to go a little heavier than when I started.

Shana and Janie - Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's been an okay day so far. Went to lunch at Moe's Southwest Grill and had a salad, then went for ice cream, yum!

Shana
- Tried a new ab move this morning, I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow.

Today was Back. Quads are really sore from yesterday and traps are already feeling sore.:p

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off.

Did KB swings again, but wasn't getting my HR up as high as yesterday where I like it so switched to Running for last active 2 minute rest between each set.

BACK
Underhand BB Rows:
45# - 8 sets/15-12 reps
**Up 5#

Lat Pulldown:
15# Green, 10# Blue, & Red 5# Tubing together - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Up 5# tube.

Dumbbell Pullover:
32# - 8 sets/8-7 reps
***This has to be one of my all time favorite exercises.

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band - 8 sets/15-12 reps

Then finished out cardio from 4DS LIS.
Then added...

Reverse Wrist Curls:
3# - 8 sets/ 13-10 reps

Finished with stretch from 4DS LIS. Workout was 1:09 and burned 466 calories.

Lora: Yes, I saw the link- thanks. I saw the thread over on VF too- been reading through that. It looks like an endurance type of workout, right? It sounds neat in that he uses some different moves. But I still have CLX I need to at some point so it's on my wish list for now. :)

Diane Sue: I was pretty much exhausted reading your workout. :)

Shana: Did you get to ride? My BIL goes to track days all the time with his bike. I think my DH is envious. :)

I did a nice 50 minute fast walk in the sunshine this afternoon while wearing my 10 pound vest. It was a nice afternoon here. :cool:

Happy birthday Linda!! Did you make a fun dessert?

Thanks, Patti. No my FIL is in for the weekend from out of town, so I didn't get a chance. So I settled for the ice cream. Probably better, so that there is nothing left in the house that I feel that I just have to eat.:p Will be trying those pumpkin recipes in the near future though.:D

Lora: Yes, I saw the link- thanks. I saw the thread over on VF too- been reading through that. It looks like an endurance type of workout, right? It sounds neat in that he uses some different moves. But I still have CLX I need to at some point so it's on my wish list for now. :)

Diane Sue: I was pretty much exhausted reading your workout. :)

Shana: Did you get to ride? My BIL goes to track days all the time with his bike. I think my DH is envious. :)

I did a nice 50 minute fast walk in the sunshine this afternoon while wearing my 10 pound vest. It was a nice afternoon here. :cool:

No, the racing wouldn't happen for a while, but thanks for asking! Man, I sure do miss it. What kind of bike does your BIL race? Cool on the walk you did - sounds nice. You are like the energizer bunny with your energy, girl!!:p

We just came home from looking at our new place. Will be closing the 22 same as on our house. I have been packing.

Linda, Happy Birthday!! Sorry I didn't say it earlier. I hope you enjoyed your day. I always pick the ice cream over the cake. I like it better :)

Patti, funny, I felt like my workout was not intense enough. I still have a hard time getting past all of the cardio. I am getting a little better though;)

We just came home from looking at our new place. Will be closing the 22 same as on our house. I have been packing.

Linda, Happy Birthday!! Sorry I didn't say it earlier. I hope you enjoyed your day. I always pick the ice cream over the cake. I like it better :)

Patti, funny, I felt like my workout was not intense enough. I still have a hard time getting past all of the cardio. I am getting a little better though;)

Thanks DianeSue! Definitely an ice cream girl myself!;) Congratulations on the new home! Hope settlement and moving goes smoothly!

Just finished workout - CC#5. Did warm up and steady 1 on stepmill for .75 miles, challenge 2 on bike for 5.5 miles, challenge 2, running sprints on TM for 1.40 miles (including steady following), challenge 3 on arc for .5 miles, cool down for another .10 miles on TM. Before that, I did the ab work with the valslides. Total calories: 667, maxHR 181, avgHR138 (b/c of time spent on ab work). I am a sweaty mess and in great need of a shower...

Linda - yes, let me know about the ab move you did today, and glad you had a nice birthday :)

Lora, I meant weights and plates abs on STS. Stretch was from CIA Kickbox Surge.

Linda, thanks. I think home settlement will be fine.

Shana, nice workout. Boy if I hit 181 I would be dying.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.