HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS 5-13

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM Maniacs-

I posted a link yesterday to the Bosu workouts, in case anyone was interested. It's a pretty good price and I don't know how long it will last.

Yesterday I did Kickbox surge combo1,2, and most of 4, and the express premix from CCC. I cut out the core work b/c I still have some nice doms from MM abs from yesterday. Workout was 50 min and I burned 877 calories. :eek: :eek:
Today is a circuit and I don't know which one yet.

Theresa - NNNNIIIICCCCEEEE calorie burn!

I had the worst workout ever! Last night I had cramps under my ribs when I went to bed and what ever was trapped stayed there all night. I chose CCC cardio premix this morning and had horrible cramps rolling through my stomach. I am not exactly sure how I kept going. Then afterward, even though I tried my best not to, I threw up.:confused: Anyway, feeling better now but it sure made for one tough workout.

Today was legs and I did STS Meso 1, Disc 12, Legs. Just an endurance workout with straight exercises. Had a great workout. Knee was good with this one. My legs are still shakey right now. I also did the extended stretch at the end.

I just realized I didn't ad any abs in this week. I'm hoping LIS or LIC has an ab section in them. That is my last two days of the week to get an ab workout in.

Theresa - WOW girl! Excellent calorie burn! You were smokin' the workouts yesterday!

Linda - I'm sorry about you getting sick. I sure hope you feel better. Weird how you had pain under your ribs. Maybe you ate something bad yesterday?

Theresa - I saw the link :eek: Almost seems like I’d be wasting money NOT to order the DVD’s. I really don’t want anyone to talk me out of this logic either :confused: I watched some of the clips. I'm probably a goner at this point, but thank you. That's a pretty amazing price. About Caopeira: from what I understand, it's a Brazilian martial art form. It combines (or disguises) fighting techniques with dance/music -- slaves could practice their fighting skills without attracting suspicion. It’s pretty cool/amazing to watch advanced practitioners, although the DVD I have includes only VERY basic moves. Holy Smokin' cal burn yesterday! How cool. You're an incinerator :p !!!

Diane Sue - I wondered if anyone else had ever done Criss Cross Cardio. I really like the combination in its full form at the end, but wish she'd gone through it more than once (I usually rewind and do it again anyway). Thanks for your answer about modifications without the Bosu. After watching the clips I can see how it would be far better to have one.

Cheryl - Funny, the “old timer’s” say that about the weather here, too :p . And moreover, they're right. I remember you mentioning the extreme shifts in weather there, so I guess I had no business whining ;) I just don’t tolerate the cold very well - at all. My core temperature drops in October and that’s all she wrote until the spring thaw --assuming such a thing isn’t just some optimistic rumor going around :mad: ... Oh look - there I go again :confused: Just VERY ready for Spring, I guess. Btw -- very nice of your dh to catch Cathe on tape for you.

Linda - That sounds an awful lot like what’s been going on with me (and DS now, too). He had pain behind the ribs - that area - we both had a low grade fever last night, but both feel some better this morning. Maybe a 24 (or 48?) hour thing? I want to think so. Tough to make it through a workout with a rolling stomach though (especially that one), that’s for sure. Hope you get feeling better.

Debbie - Glad your knee feels good. I'd think that workout would be a good test for it. Seems you might be right about it being the extra step work, huh?

Pyramid Lower Body and a shorter cardio for me today. I still feel a little "off" ... We'll see how it goes.

Have a good morning -

Lori

Last edited:
I started my workout this morning with MMA Kickbox 52 minutes and burned 304 calories Max Hr was 153, I then did Kelly's 30 minutes to fitness Kickbox workout 1 26 minutes and burned 168 calories Max HR 139. After I took the girls to school I did 30 minutes to fitness Kickbox abs 14 minutes 55 calories, I finished with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown level 1 34 minutes 124 calories
icon_surprised.gif
I really liked this yoga workout too. Definitely not easy holding some of those poses. I have had some gastrointestinal thing going on for two days now. Wanted to keep the impact down a little. I guess when my grandbaby was here and got sick the other day something was passed along. Hopefully I will be up for some more Explode workouts tomorrow and Saturday.

Lori, hope you feel up to a Pyramid workout. On the Explode workouts Mindy does one move where she is just quickly pushing her feet into the bosu. Wouldn't work with the step or floor. Some segments could be skipped though. I like those segments on the end of Criss Cross Cardio. It took awhile getting the part where she gets down on the floor and kicks her leg out and comes back up.

Debbie, both of those workouts have abs in them:)

Linda, that sounds like what I have had. Yesterday I stopped at the last interval of Explode and ran for the bathroom. I really thought I was going to throw up (which is a rare thing) I never did but washed with cool water and once it settled I went back and finished. Still have the cramping this morning. Granddaughter wanted to know if I ate lettuce. But I haven't. Grandbaby is sick too. Anyway when I picked up the girls this morning they gave me a bag of salad from their garden:D

Theresa, that is a great calorie burn:D

Linda-ugh :( Sorry you had such a crummy time this a.m. sounds like there are some gi issues going around this forum :confused: I'm amazed you got that workout in w/ the issues you were having....but that's a Maniac for you ;)

Debbie-good work today. I was curious what results you were having w/ this extended rotation?

Lori-PLB, I really like that one, and you might have enabled a purchase for me. I checked out the CIA and it looks good....like I need more workout, but anyway :rolleyes: I hope you feel better soon too :)

Diane Sue-I may have to get that yoga DVD, it's in my Amazon cart :D Good work yourself. How is the ab section on the KCM, I don't think I have done that one-which is probably b/c I hate working abs. :eek:

Lori - Yea, a few days rest with the step and my knee should be good. I'm looking forward to the glucosomine's Theresa told me about. I'm thinking I should get them today or tomorrow. I'm hoping that will help too.

Diane Sue - Thanks for letting me know about the ab workouts on both LIS and LIC. I'll do the one from LIS because I don't think I've ever done that one before. I believe I have done the one from LIC before. Cool! Nice workout, girl! :D

Theresa - My results are not going as I thought. I've gained 2#. :eek: Really getting frustrated with it all but I know it's my own fault. I'm eating everything in site on the weekends and I really need to stop doing that. I don't know what it is but I have no will power on the weekends anymore. :(

Debbie-I am the SAME way on the weekends, and I am sorry you are so frustrated :( I don't do anything like I do during the week. I don't eat breakfast, drink a lot of water, or get veggie and fruit servings like I do during the week. I am and have been very bipolar w/ the weekend eats for awhile. My plan is to take baby steps this weekend. I want to get 6 glasses of water (not anything else), cut out the eating out except for once, and try to get 6 fruits/veggie servings in per day. I have been putting kale in my smoothie and I like it. I could taste the spinach when I tried it, but the kale I can't taste. Anyway.....sorry to babble :rolleyes:

On a side note, I have been reading Jackie's new book This is why you're fat and how to fix it (totally paraphrasing the title). She has some good tips w/ lemon in the water, having two cheat meals on the weekend and eating clean the rest of the time. I plan on giving it a try this weekend and see what happens.

Last edited:
Theresa, I only paid $9.00 for the Jilliam Yoga Meltdown at Walmart Supercenter.

Debbie-I am the SAME way on the weekends, and I am sorry you are so frustrated :( I don't do anything like I do during the week. I don't eat breakfast, drink a lot of water, or get veggie and fruit servings like I do during the week. I am and have been very bipolar w/ the weekend eats for awhile. My plan is to take baby steps this weekend. I want to get 6 glasses of water (not anything else), cut out the eating out except for once, and try to get 6 fruits/veggie servings in per day. I have been putting kale in my smoothie and I like it. I could taste the spinach when I tried it, but the kale I can't taste. Anyway.....sorry to babble :rolleyes:

On a side note, I have been reading Jackie's new book This is why you're fat and how to fix it (totally paraphrasing the title). She has some good tips w/ lemon in the water, having two cheat meals on the weekend and eating clean the rest of the time. I plan on giving it a try this weekend and see what happens.

Babble away. I can so relate. I do excellent Monday through Friday but when the weekend comes its a free for all and I hate it. I'm going to do what you are doing and take baby steps on the weekends. In fact, I have a couple recipes I found in my Cooking Light Magazine that I will make and eat this weekend instead of going out to eat. I'm hoping that will help. I also what to start eating more veggies but I'm not a huge veggie eater. My body has been craving fruits so I've been eating a lot of pineapple and banana's. Gotta start somewhere. I use to be so disciplined but now it's like I'd rather eat then worry about my midsection. Not sure what that's all about?

Debbie-I'll tell you what, I am going to start logging my weekend eats. this will help me be more accountable, and show where I need to improve. I'm not around much on the weekend, but I could post an overview on Monday. I want to keep up the smoothie on the weekends b/c I get 2 serv of fruit and 1 veggie if I do it right. And the new Cooking Light had some great stuff in it. I've heard pretty good things about Jillian Michael's new cookbook and the recipes are supposed to be pretty easy. I am going to purchase it tomorrow and I'll let you know what I think. I also need to give that Intuitive Eating that Linda recommended a try. Maybe if we push each other (nicely of course :D) then we can both head the right direction.

Good afternoon and happy Thursday everyone!!

Today was I-Max 3 on my new fabulous rotation. :) This workout is really not my favorite, and I agree with everyone (I think it was Debbie and Diane Sue) who said it really didn't give the calorie burn one would expect. I find it to be too dancy and easy on the step segs, and really difficult on the interval blasts. Anyway, half way through I decided to "do my own thing" during the step segments to keep my HR up - that seemed to work better.

On a side note, I took a lovely fall again this morning while working out. However, this time there was no high step involved, and in fact, didn't even fall because of missing the step. I was doing a pivot turn and....um....pivot- floored myself. At least DH didn't hear me and come running downstairs this time........:eek:

Linda - I really hope you are feeling better today. It sounds like so many "bugs" are going around right now. I can't believe you made it through the whole workout!!! Feel better.....

Diane Sue - I hope you are feeling better today also. To answer your question from yesterday (the day before?), I do have a lot of the Bosu workout stuff. I have 2 professional Bosu's as well and several workouts from Power Systems, which is an online company that sells workout stuff - I bet you already know about it. :) I did Bosu for for probably a year exclusively and it was a great workout. However, I got kind of burned out between that and Tony (P90X), so I don't know if I can go back to either one....:(

Theresa - Amazing workout today........wow that's quite the calorie burn!! Thanks for posting the link about the Bosu workouts - it looks different than the workouts I have.... I like your idea about "baby steps" for the weekends - will have to try that. Hope you have a great day!!

Debbie - I'm glad your knee is feeling better today. We ALL have the "weekend blues" as far as eating EVERYTHING!! For me it has been drinking everything - LOL. I try to schedule as much "busy" stuff as I can on the weekends because I find when I have down time or when we are just "sitting around" I tend to eat more........I agree with you, however, going out to eat makes dieting rediculous - I just want to eat all of that yummy stuff. On a side note, you really don't look like you have any lbs to lose. I, on the other hand, was up to about 155. I am very tall, but still, I feel best at 135.

Ok....hello to everyone else. I will try to check in later.

Cheryl

Debbie-I'll tell you what, I am going to start logging my weekend eats. this will help me be more accountable, and show where I need to improve. I'm not around much on the weekend, but I could post an overview on Monday. I want to keep up the smoothie on the weekends b/c I get 2 serv of fruit and 1 veggie if I do it right. And the new Cooking Light had some great stuff in it. I've heard pretty good things about Jillian Michael's new cookbook and the recipes are supposed to be pretty easy. I am going to purchase it tomorrow and I'll let you know what I think. I also need to give that Intuitive Eating that Linda recommended a try. Maybe if we push each other (nicely of course :D) then we can both head the right direction.

Ok Theresa. We can try to keep each other motivated. I'm not on hardly at all on the weekends, but I'll try to log what I ate. Then we can share on Monday. Yes, let me know about Jillian Michaels cookbook.

Debbie - I'm glad your knee is feeling better today. We ALL have the "weekend blues" as far as eating EVERYTHING!! For me it has been drinking everything - LOL. I try to schedule as much "busy" stuff as I can on the weekends because I find when I have down time or when we are just "sitting around" I tend to eat more........I agree with you, however, going out to eat makes dieting rediculous - I just want to eat all of that yummy stuff. On a side note, you really don't look like you have any lbs to lose. I, on the other hand, was up to about 155. I am very tall, but still, I feel best at 135.
Cheryl

Cheryl, you are seeing pics from about 3 years ago. Alot can happen to a person in 3 years. :eek: In those pics I was at 125#, right now I'm at 137#. So I have 12# to lose and that number keeps creeping up. It's making me really mad, actually.

Cheryl-careful w/ those step mishaps :D Imax 3 is ok but I can take it or leave it. Good work on getting it done anyway.

Debbie-Great :D For me, I think it would be easier to post an overview of the weekend on Monday; I could try to post Saturday and Sunday but it probably won't happen. I will keep up w/ it so I still have to post the nitty, gritty details :confused:

I got my Bosu Ballast Ball and Slingshot today. I am confused though. I thought the Slingshot was supposed to have two belts and it only came with one. For 49 dollars you would think it would have two. I didn't see a place saying you could order a second belt either:confused:

Debbie & Teresa, I have not been so good at eating since vacation. I try but it seems we are constantly out to eat at our local small town hard to find healthy food restaurants or having some dinner thing going on. Today I had my greek yogurt with protein powder and a few strawberries. Then DH wanted me to come into town for lunch at the chinese american restaurant. I ended up with grilled chicken salad mixing full fat ranch dressing with bbq sauce. I am hoping my stomach stays settled.

Cheryl, I have purchased from Power Systems and Perform Better. I shop around for what I want and the best deals. Wouldn't mind a second BOSU but I will see. I don't think I could stick with two types of workouts for a year. I like lots of variety. I could see why you got burned out. I used to do Power Max and the original BodyMax so much I just cannot bring myself to pull them out again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.