Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 4/24

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning maniacs! I did STS Disc 12 (Legs) this morning- great workout. I burned 477 calories. I always like when Cathe does floor work with a stability ball- good stuff. One legged hamstring roll ins are hard but they work!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well my weight last Sunday was 124 and now it is down to 121.7 so I am melting it off!!!! YEAH! I should rest today, but I am afraid the weight will stop coming off so I am gonna do more cardio and yoga x and plant some flowers.

What I did yesterday:

LEGS:
Squats 155# 5/8 (could go higher, but trying to keep my back safe)
Deads 120# 3/8
Reverse Lunges 80# 3/8 (should have gone higher on these)
Static Lunges 100# 3/8

(all done with smith machine)

CARDIO: burned 340 cals in 40 mins and traveled 4 miles exactly.

My Meals have been like this:

Meal 1: 3 jumbo eggs scrambled with cheese, cream of wheat
Meal 2: Protein Bar (Adkins Advantage w/1g of sugar and 15g of protein..carb amount is less then 20)
Meal 3: Meat: Chicken or Tuna, salad and sweet potatoe
Meal 4: Protein Shake mixed with half water and half ff milk
Meal 5: Meat only

Last edited:
Today was Legs and I had a great workout. Wasn't looking forward to the workout but I got it done and I feel great now!

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Front Squats w/Heels Elevated:
45# - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Wow, my HR sky-rocketed here. This exercise is brutal. I like it better with heels elevated because it hits the quads more.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/4 reps each leg (up 3#)
***HR up high here too.

Leg Extensions:
55# - 8 sets/12-11 reps (up 5#)
***By the last three sets my quads were burning.

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/16-15 reps (up 3#)
***Glutes really get a good burn with this exercise. So do the hamstrings.

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/12 reps
***LOVE this exercise. Really feel it in the outer thighs.

Barbell Calf Raises:
65# - 8 sets/17-16 reps (up 5#)
***Toes forward, in and out alternating.

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
47 minutes in zone
8 minutes above zone
451 calories burned

That is all....

Nice workouts Patti & Char! :eek: :eek:

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

Linda - I saw that video too. If I start at the top like the fellow in the video using the door, I can't keep straight the entire way down. I was thinking of starting in the position with my butt off the bench and seeing if I can hold it horizontal, working on that before I try the lowering move.

Today I rested. I had a good workout yesterday and then went on an hour and half hike yesterday evening at Radnor Lake. It was beautiful and I saw so many deer, up close! I slept until 7 today and it was heaven. I am getting a pedicure this afternoon and a massage - YAY!!!

Have a great weekend all.

Meals yesterday were good:

M1: egg white with 1 slice roman meal bread
M2: zone perfect
M3: 1/2 whole wheat pita with sliced turkey breast, light mayo
M4: mixed fruit with lowfat cottage cheese and yogurt
M5: top sirloin kabobs with yellow bell pepper; polenta; broccolii - wine

1511 calories 21% fat, 35% protein and 44% carbs

Todays meals:

M1: zone perfect
M2: plum
M3: flank steak, broccoli, corn tortilla, salsa
M4: yogurt and cottage cheese and mixed fruit
M5: no idea - dinner on my own today. Hopefully salad.

I almost didn't do my planned workout today but pushed and got it done. My grandbaby stayed the night and did not want to go to sleep. Then she got woke up by our printer calibrating:( Anyway my workout before I took the children to school was STS disc 36 shoulders, biceps, and triceps and burned 432 calories. Cathe has you go back to week two's weights and increases the reps to 8. This was the last in the series. I will do abs crircuits tomorrow.
I also did Tracey Steahle's Boost your Metabolism segment #1 legs and back and cardio, and segment #3 shoulders, biceps, and triceps and cardio then stretch and burned 180 calories 24 minutes
I drank an Myogenics After Shock recovery drink on the way to school. Boy does that help the energy levels.
When I returned home and finished up a couple of things I did 10 Minute solution hot body bootcamp calorie blasting drills 3 times using 10# dumbbells and stretch. I burned 291 calories Total calories burned today was 904 50% fat.

Charlotte, great job working those pounds off:D

Debbie, nice calorie burn on that leg workout!

Patti, I like the stability ball floor work too. I like the use of the gliding discs or paper plates that Cathe uses as well:)

Morning maniacs! I did STS Disc 12 (Legs) this morning- great workout. I burned 477 calories. I always like when Cathe does floor work with a stability ball- good stuff. One legged hamstring roll ins are hard but they work!

Have a great day everyone!

Patti, Great workout especially with the one legged hamstring roll ins. OUCH!

Char, The meals look great. I can only do 40 pounds on deadlifts, do you have any suggestions on how I can get up further. If I go 45 pounds, my back gets really sore. I just can't seem to get past the 40 lb. mark. Congratulations on melting pounds. You earned it. Enjoy your cardio and planting flowers. What kind are you planting?

Debbie, good job on those workouts. Joey or I must have deleted your exercise list by mistake thinking it was spam, cause I don't see it anywhere. Sorry about that. Could you send it again if it's not an inconvenience?

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

Today I rested. I had a good workout yesterday and then went on an hour and half hike yesterday evening at Radnor Lake. It was beautiful and I saw so many deer, up close! I slept until 7 today and it was heaven. I am getting a pedicure this afternoon and a massage - YAY!!!

Have a great weekend all.

Ally, Bet your hiking at Radnor Lake was wonderful. You just can't get better than that. Enjoy your rest day, pedicure and massage.;)

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Today was Legs. I had nbo pain in my lower leg at all! Kept cardio the same as yesterday since it seemed to help. Doing extended LIC blast between exercises. This was hard on tired legs.:p

LIC through first Blast as warmup .

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

Extended LIC blasts during 2 minute rest between each exercise. repeating blast 1.

LEGS
Front Squats w/DBs:
20's# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Did not feel like trying to hold a BB across shoulders, it hurts too much.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/11-10 reps
***HR up high here. On the sets with odd reps I started on opposite leg for next set to keep thing even so average 5 reps per leg.

Leg Extensions:
23.5# - 8 sets/10-7 reps
***I tried some benches in teh store today where the seat is flat and this is a completely different exercise than what I am doing. My bench tilts you back.

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/14 - 12 reps
***This is a real glute burner.

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/16 reps
***LOVE this exercise.

DB Calf Raises:

20's - 8 sets/17-15 reps
***Had no leg pain so kept it light and gave it a shot figuring I'd quit if I felt any UNEXPECTED discomfort, but all was fine. Toes forward, in and out alternating.

Will be feeling those Lunges and Hamstring Presses tomorrow if not tonight. Finished with Combo 2 and Stretch from LIC. Then some foam rolling. Workout, not including rolling, was 1:08 and burned 504 calories.

Just an update, while after writing everything in my food log, then entering it in myfitness pal for breakdown, I just don't have time to list it all here again. But just wanted to say I love the journal and I am using. It's keeping me honest and in check.:D

. It was beautiful and I saw so many deer, up close!

Ally - If you want to see deer up close you can come to my house and watch them as they eat the flowers and plants out of my flower beds right around my house!:confused: I have whole herds come through.

Diane Sue, Great workout. You know, I have most of Tracey Steahle's DVD's, but I think I've only did one of them. I should be more considerate of her and plan on a cardio or yoga. I think I'll look up Myogenics. Sounds like stuff I need in my body as well.

Linda, Great job on your workout. And glad you have no pain in the lower leg. Yeah! Don't worry about logging your foodlog today. I understand about double entries. Seems like a waste of time. If it keeps you honest, than that's all it counts.

We found out today, that a test result came in and was positive. Our little Adrian has Downs Syndrome and hearing problems. Also we think there still is a problem with his bowels, because sometimes you can tell he is in pain. Poor little guy. We don't know the extent of everything yet. It took us aback a little, but you know, he is ours, and he's beautiful and I believe he will teach us a lot about life. Joey and I (as grandparents) want to be in his life and we are looking forward to it. We may even get out our sign language book and learn those skills so we can communicate with Adrian better. We'll see how things go.

Anyone experience this in their family? Any advice out there? This is all so new to us and unexpected. We know for certain, Adrian will have a wonderful/happy and full filling life. I'll be looking up the syndrome and trying hard to find out things, but it is what it is. We can't hardly wait to start life anew with our little fella.

Just thought you all would like to know how he is doing, since a lot of you prayed, good vibes...for him. I think he will be such a blessing to us all.

Take care,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
We sold our house today. So I need to get packing. It will close on May22. The buyers are pre approved. I am tired just looking at all of the accumulated junk I have to sift through.

Janey, that is too bad that the test results came back like that. My sil has a little girl with downs. You would never know talking to her but she does have the downs look. No matter what you will all love and enjoy Adrian. I don't know a lot about it myself. Has the doctor's said anything about the cause of a hearing problem? Would it have something to do with downs? I will keep him in my prayers.
The reason I purchased Myogenics After Shock is I think my nitrogen balance is off because of all of the protein I eat and the long workouts(mostly the long workouts) Plus I feel kind of low on energy lately. Also it has glucosamine chondroitin in it which I take routinely to help with my arthritis. It really did help my energy levels this morning when I took off to take the grandchildren to school. I need some good muscle recovery fuel too:D

Linda, glad to hear that you were able to get through your leg workout with no problems:) I log my workouts here, in My Fitness Pal, in my workout log book, and in Cathe's workout manager. Not real sure why I feel the necessity of doing that. And keeping track of my eating in my log book and my fitness pal as well. Sometimes I just don't get back here and log it:) But it helps me keep an eye on what I am doing.

Ally, your meals are looking good. The massage and pedicure sounds so nice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.