Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 4/22

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I did STS Disc 11 today- back and triceps. It was a good workout- I am lifting a bit heavier for my tricep weights particularly, so that made me very happy. :) Otherwise, not much else is going on- I resisted cardio this morning but I may have to do something light this afternoon. We'll see. I get antsy on back and tri days for some reason.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Triceps and I had a pretty decent workout. I added an exercise because getting on the treadmill for a half hour was not appealing to me.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each set.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
50# - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***This seemed easy today.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
16's - 8 sets/10-8 reps (up 1#)
***Wow, this one gets tough after the 5th set.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
26# - 5 sets/13-10 reps (up 1#)
25# - 3 sets/8 reps
***These killed me. I had to drop my weight after the 5th set and it was all I could do to complete 8 reps with the lowered weight.

Double Arm Kickbacks:
5's - 8 sets/14-10 reps
***These are getting easier. Should increase.

Tricep Band Pressdown:
Purple band - 8 sets/14 reps
***This was new for me, wanted to try it. I threw the band over my pullup bar on my power tower, grabbed each end and pulled down on it. I can't believe how well it worked. I felt it big time. Fun exercise!

Then I ended up getting on the treadmill for about 15 minutes but just did a fast walk up an incline.

HR STATS:60 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
53 minutes in zone
:26 seconds above zone
.75 miles travelled
428 calories burned

That is all....

Oh, and that glute muscle that was giving me so much trouble is fine now. Funny how stretching helps that stuff. :rolleyes:

Patti: You are one early riser, girl! Nice to hear that you are seeing strength gains - that's always fun :)

Debbie: Glad the glute is better - ahhh, stretching. You really should find a foam roller too. I put it off for so long b/c I just didn't see the point of paying $30 for a piece of foam but man, it sure is nice.

Sonya: I didn't post yesterday but did see your pics - those look super!! I know you are thrilled with the progress. And I looked up those Dragon Flags from the other day that you posted about. Pretty cool move. Going to remember that one. Also, I wanted to ask you about your calories. Yesterday's seemed low but I also know you said it was low carb. Do you always keep them that low or do you cycle through calories too?

OK, for workouts. Monday was PUB - I just had to try it and see what happened and I went up in weights for everything and am still feeling it today. It is supposed to be recovery week but I got antsy but that's why I did it Monday - I'll be good and ready come next Monday. Today, I am going to do some leg work and abs. Yesterday, I did CC#7 (thanks, Char, for the idea :) ) and burned 635 calories in 1:04. Max HR was 182, Avg HR was 152. I did challenge 1 on the stepmill, challenge 2 on the arc (which, BTW, finally seems to be fixed - yippee!!), and challenge 3 on the bike. I warmed up and cooled down on the TM. Total miles for all was 6.9 miles. Darn - just added that up and wish I had added it up while going and made it to 7 miles :rolleyes:

Eats for yesterday were ok. However, after that workout, I had a protein shake and then Halle and I played outside. I felt great and then crashed so I had no energy to make dinner for myself and therefore, had an Amy's bean burrito for dinner and man, oh man, was it tasty and just what I needed. I felt so much better and it is whole wheat tortilla, beans and brown rice so it wasn't bad. I could live on those things... Protein was a bit low yesterday too. Totals were 1526 calories, 47.6% carbs, 27.9% protein, 27.4% fat. Monday was 1667 calories, 41.8% carbs, 35.9% protein, 26.5% fat.

Guess I am overly chatty today. I have another question regarding the carb counting. Do we count net carbs or actual carbs? Most of my carbs come from high fiber items. None come from crap. Not sure what to do with that.

Happy Wednesday, Maniacs :D

Great workouts!

Today I did a boot camp style workout with a client and then i did gym style legs. I really need a good stretch after that. I lifted 50# on squats and 40# on dead lifts. I stayed a bit light on the lunges because they are low and slow and then those ball roll outs - that is the first time I have done those.

I have been feeling really tired and week lately. I am trying to push on through and rest and recover at the beach with walks in the sand.

Have a great day everyone. It is so beautiful here! sunny! Iris are blooming and the blue birds have the found the house in my back yard.

Ok - I just googled dragon fly. I will to try that, and I do mean try!

That was in the Rocky movie when he fights the Russian!

Ally: Vacation is coming but if you are feeling weak and tired, listen to your body. It isn't worth an injury.

Shana: I think it is all carbs- I am like you, not afraid of carbs but I eat most (if not all) of them from fruits, veggies and whole grains. I think your macros look really good. Wish I could get my carbs down a bit more and fats up. Eh, one thing at a time. Oh, DS and DH really liked the frozen berry squares, so thanks for posting that. I am always trying to get calcium in the boy since he doesn't care for milk. I'm also curious to go back to my old Cathe workouts at the end of STS and see how much heavier I can go. :) I don't blame you for trying it out.

Sonya: I always think what Shana does when I see your calories. Is it because you are still technically following a contest prep kind of plan?

Debbie: I know about stretching! I stretched the calf all weekend and rested from my workouts and what do you know, the calf is FINE! Amazing! :)

I burned 3400 calories yesterday according to my GWF! :eek: Isn't that crazy? It was a record I think. I never sit down on T/TH- cardio, DD to school, grocery with DS, pick up, make lunch, clean up / cook and then dinner and clean up before bed. Put in diaper changes and other lugging around of kids and stuff, too. So it makes sense that I burn a lot, but wow that is something!

Sonya, just looked at your photos on your cathespace. They are wonderful!

What is FA so I can look for the article?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday did Ab Ripper X and Back/Bicep work:

BACK:
Lat Pulldowns 70# 5/8
One Arm Rows 35# db's 3/8

BICEPS:
Cheat Curls 70# 5/8 (to work more on the forearm and lower bicep)
Conc. Curls 40's 3/8

Went for a run/fast walk earlier in day.

Today I am gonna be on elliptical for about 60 mins. Probably do a Cardio Coach this time..thinking of doing #8. Will post stats later.

I am getting ready for some people to come and look at our house in a little bit. My workout today was STS disc 40 legs, then I did a short cardio using Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome doing the interval mix. It is 27 min with 7 min w/up, 14 min of intervals done twice, and 6 min str. This one alway gets my HR up:D I finished off with Yoga Shatki segments for 25 minutes. Total calories burned today was 625
I just didn't feel like doing much cardio today.

Legs weights these increased to 8 reps each from 6 reps last week
w/up sets with the Bowflex 180# 10 reps, 200# 10 reps
4 sets squats using the Bowflex 280# 8 reps
stiff leg deadlifts 110# barbell 4 sets 8 reps
front squat Bowflex 160# 4 sets 8 reps
static lunge 1 set 95# 8 reps, 3 sets 90# 8 reps I used dumbbells and a weighted vest

Sonya:I didn't post yesterday but did see your pics - those look super!! I know you are thrilled with the progress. Also, I wanted to ask you about your calories. Yesterday's seemed low but I also know you said it was low carb. Do you always keep them that low or do you cycle through calories too?

Shanna...Thank You! :) Yesterday's calories were low due to it being a low carb day. Today is a high carb today so calories will be higher. Meals will look like this...

M1: 5 egg whites/1 egg, cream of wheat w/blueberries
M2: Protein Shake, 1 cup raspberries
M3: 5 oz chicken, 3/4 cup brown rice, 2 tbs salsa
M4: banana (pre-workout)
M5: Surge Recovery Drink (post-workout)
M6: 5 oz orange roughy, 1 grapefruit and 10 strawberrries
M7: Protein shake, 20 almonds
Calories: 1,708, Carbs:199, Fat:26, Protein:170

I am still following the diet Olesya outlined for me.

Sonya, just looked at your photos on your cathespace. They are wonderful! What is FA so I can look for the article?

Ally...Thank you! Both websites that Shanna and Diane Sue posted are correct. Olesya just posted my photo. On the main page of Figure Athlete just scroll to the bottom and you will photos of "figure athletes" and I will be there! :D

NEVER did I think this would happen to me. Someone from this forum posted an article back in November from FA and when I visited I was hooked. I was in awe of the "figure athletes"...some are professionals and some are just members like me. I was inspired by their physiques and their beauty and I feel honored to be among them!

But is also because of all you that I was able to accomplish this. YOU all motivate and inspire me to train harder and be the my absolute very best....so THANK YOU to my Hardcore Maniac friends!

Yesterdays workout...
LEGS
Single Leg Pelvic Tilt 3x15
1 1/4 BB Squats: 85# warm-up, 100# 4x10
BB Step Ups: (6 risers) 75# warm-up, 85# 2x6, 90# 4x6
Sissy Squats: w/10# plate 4x15
Good Mornings: 65# warm-up, 80# 5x8
Leg Curls: 40# 3x12
Calf Raises: follwed 4DS

My hamstrings are sore! Yippe!!!!!! Todays workout will be chest/back + HIIT on TM

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB Pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey spinach dip; orange
M5: Snack wrap
M6: Parmesan Talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian Dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites scrambled

1671 calories
58 g. fat - 31%
148 g. protein - 36%
146 g. carbs - 35%

Today was Cardio and Abs (Tabata Style) for me. I did BM2 Cardio Blast Premix.

ABS
Side Plank
8 sets to each side (this was harder than I thought, especially on my shoulders)

AB Wheel Roll Outs
8 sets/ 6-5 reps

Workout was 1:17 and burned 562 calories. Now I have to admit that I have been dealing with this pain on the inside of my lower left leg off and on. Well, today half way through BM2 I just wanted to quit, of course I didn't. Walking is fine, but running & step aerobics is when it bugs me. May just have to go low impact here for awhile.:confused::mad::(

Linda: Oh how I hate injuries! :mad: I hope this isn't anything serious- just take it easy for a few days and stretch it out a lot. It always seems to happen when I'm feeling great about my progress too. :mad: Impressive on the ab roll outs- can't stand those!

Charlotte: Feels good to be done, huh? Good work!

Sonya: So cool to see you on the FA page! WTG!

Diane Sue: Any interest in the house?

I did cardio today- of course. I am learning Amy Bento's Hi / Lo Knockout. I love her hi lo- lots of fun if a slight learning curve. I had a great workout and burned 766 calories. I am sure I look like a complete nerd trying to learn some of those moves. Ha!

Must go get a move on dinner.

Here are my meals so far today: I need more fat and calories

1- pre workout coffee, fat free creamer(cutting down on this) body fortress super whey shot
2- egg white mixed with chocolate whey pancake topped with sugar free raspberry preserves and 2 Tbs fat free sour cream
3-lean ground turkey breast patty w/ onion and southwest sizzle seasoning, pico de gallo, a small yam, 1 cup strawberries
4-sport shake I picked up at 7 eleven(there was nothing healthy in this but lots of sugar and it had cream:0
5-shrimp and veggie stir fry recipe I got from Charlotte with added muchrooms and zuchinni
6- biochem w/ coffee smoothie
7- something prior to bed
1217 calories 165 carbs 9 fat 125 protein

Linda, I am sorry you are dealing with an injury. I did that with my knee. Seemed to hang on forever. It hurt along the inside of my knee. I ended up doing low impact for quite awhile. Running and lateral moves hurt. I still feel twinges when doing flying jacks. I have been pleasantly surprised that STS hasn't bothered me. I hope you can get it under control quickly.

Patty we have had so many people look at our house. One couple came 3 times. I am sure eventually the right people will come along.

I could not wait to get home tonight to share my story with you....

I was at work this evening and my jeans kept slipping down, so I fixed my belt and went on with what I was going. It wasn't until about 1 minute later that it dawned on that I just adjusted my belt down to one notch lower than where I have been wearing it! WooHoo! :eek::eek::p:p:D:D:D:D:eek::eek::p:p:D:D:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.