Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 4/17

orphylea

Cathlete
Hello? Are we all sleeping or working? Come and play! :p I did STS Disc 9 for the second time- legs. It was a good workout. I skipped the calf work to avoid making my tendon / muscle issue worse. I will take it easy this weekend.

I made these this morning- based on the recipe in the new Oxygen issue. I changed some things so I am posting it as I made it.

Blueberry Bran Muffins

Makes 12 big muffins

1 cup Fiber One Cereal
1 cup oat bran
1 ½ cups non fat plain yogurt
½ cup flax seed meal
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup old fashioned oats, dry
½ cup – ¾ cups Splenda
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsps. Baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup skim milk
5 Tbsp. egg whites
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Fiber One cereal, oat bran, flax seed meal and yogurt in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. In another bowl, mix flour, oats, splenda, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add milk, oil, applesauce, egg whites and vanilla to bran mixture. Stir in blueberries and fold into flour mixture. Spray muffin tins with Pam and bake for 20 minutes.

Entire recipe:

2442 calories / 358 carbs / 88 fat / 91 protein / 96 fiber

Each muffin (makes 12):
204 calories / 30 carbs / 7 fat / 8 protein / 8 fiber

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Legs and even though I hate leg day, I had a great workout and had fun with it if that's at all possible! :rofl:

I added one more exercise to this because I had no desire to get on the treadmill to use up the entire hour. I still had 5 minutes left so I may add another exercise in next week.

10 minute warmup on treadmill

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

LEGS
Front Squats:
45# - 8 sets/8 reps (up 5#)
***These killed me today. My HR shot up big time here. I like front squats but they are so uncomfortable to do. My chest was actually straining towards the end.

Atlernate Front Squats:
12's - 8 sets/4 reps each leg
***Last week I said I did 8 reps each leg, that is impossible. I must have meant 8 reps total. This got my HR up good too.

Leg Extension:
50# - 8 sets/13-12 reps
***These are getting easy. Burn doesn't happen until around set 6 now.

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 risers:
12# - 8 sets/14-12 reps (Up 4#)
***Wow, these burned like crazy toward the end.

Firewalkers!!!!:
Purple band: 8 sets - 6 reps each leg
***Went three steps one way, three steps the other. Was able to do this 4 times. BURNED big time! I like this and my HR got up there.

Barbell Calf Raises:
60# - 8 sets/17-16 reps (up 10#)
***Alternated toes forward, out and in. Great burn by the end.

HR STATS:
55 minutes
2 minutes below zone
43 minutes in zone
9 minutes above zone
425 calories burned

Happy with these stas. This has been a great week for calorie burns for me. I am seeing a big difference in the way my clothes are fitting now. :eek:

That is all....

This morning I did STS disc 33 shoulders biceps and triceps and burned 351 calories. Then I did Amy Bento's 10 min solution Bootcamp hot body cardio, and drills, I then did 10 min solution Kettlebell Ultimate fat burner Max burner segment 344 calories total cardio. I finished off with STS extended stretch and Yoga Shatki shoulder openers and supine segments and added a few joint mobility moves. Total calories burned today 801.
STS weights
warm up front press 1 set 35# 15 reps, 1 set 40# 12 reps
Tri sets done 4 times
Standing barbell front press 50# 6 reps(up 1 pound)
Barbell Curl 8 reps 57#
Flat bench dumbbell tricep extensions 25's 6 reps

done 4 times
seated lateral raise 18.5# 6 reps(up 2.5#)
stabilty ball incline curls 23.5# dumbbells 6 reps(up2.5#)
seated overhead 1 arm tricep extension 23.5# 6 reps (up 2.5#)

done 4 times
seated rear delts 23.5# dumbbells(up 2.5#)
seated concentration curls 27# dumbbell(up 1#)
crossbody kickbacks 23.5# dumbbell 6 reps(up2.5#)

Linda, thanks on the info on the Topsy Turvy. Maybe I can get something like that going:)

Patti, it seems like most Fridays everyone is slower at checking in.

There goes Patti, cooking again! :) I need some of that motivation!!!

Linda: From yesterday: Well, your DH is more flexible than mine - mine said I needed to leave and do that on my own if it's what I really wanted. Maybe I should pack my bags and see how serious he is...! I am not using the GoWear Fit thing but I am constantly tempted to just do it. I tried MyFitnessPal and liked the idea but didn't keep up b/c of the delay in going back and forth b/w pages online. I am now using a program loaded onto my computer and it is fast and easy. Hope the book works for you - I was writing all of mine down and then DH loaded this and said it was easier but I was just using a piece of paper :eek: - your book sounds much more user friendly than that! And since you aren't on the computer during the weekends much, then certainly sounds like something that will work and save the step of writing down and then entering into a program online. And thanks - I am going to keep adding a little bit more to the running and try to work up to 3 miles. We shall see about that!

Debbie: Front squats just plain get on my nerves!

Today is the last disc of Meso 2!!! Looking forward to recovery but darn it, I have PUB on the brain so I am going to do that once next week and then a leg workout too, and probably KBs b/c I miss those. I want to get in lots of ab work and good cardio, focusing on the stepmill and hills on the TM. Probably some biking as well but I really, really need a new chain. Anyway, Figure Athlete has some nice articles on various things to do and I want to incorporate those at some point so next week, I will try some of the moves out and see what I think about them.

Calories for yesterday were 1907, 39.4% carbs, 35.3% protein, 22.2% fat. I was under in calories still but honestly, if I ate another bite I think it would have sent me over the edge.

:D:D:D:D:DHAPPY FRIDAY!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Oh, hi Diane Sue... you posted while I was typing! I am envious of your tricep work - my elbow won't support that kind of weight but I am going to see what difference the braces make next week.

And BTW - last night, I enjoyed an adult beverage - my fave, Absolut Pears and soda. 69 calories, no carbs. Just FYI in case anybody is interested in something low cal/carb friendly like that.

Shana: Oh that drink does sound good! Great idea- thanks. As for 2 kids, I forgot to mention that the only reason we have DS is because, um, he was a surprise. :D That is why they are currently 3 and 2 years old. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it for the world, but I would kill for some me time that didn't happen at 5 in the morning. Anyway, I wanted another (eventually) and DH did not, so we never had to have that difficult conversation. It's a tough thing.

Diane Sue: Holy night on those tricep weights! You go!

Hi Debbie! I love firewalkers! I miss weeks in STS when she doesn't do them.

True, we do tend to check in later on Fridays. Oh and I made that turkey / mushroom / spinach bake last night- not bad.

TGIF!!!!!!

Debbie...Can't believe you did firewalkers tabata style! :eek: Glad to see you are getting results!

Diane Sue...Nice workout!

Patti...I saw those muffins in the Oxygen mag. They look good...how do they taste?

Shanna....We are going out tonight so I just might try that cocktail...sounds good!

My recovery week is over and I will be hitting the gym again tomorrow! I'm ready! :)

Hello ladies,

hope you all are doing well. I have been extra busy so haven't been checking in or reading forums much. I've been covering for a lady at work who is out on some crazy extended sick leave, so I've got two of her classes and four of my own--six total. I've had her classes for the last two weeks and just found out I'll have them for two weeks more. They won't tell me what happened to her, but it must be rather serious. =(

Anyway, I haven't worked out yet today, but here's what I've managed to get in this week:

Monday--Butts and Guts abs, 20 min from 10 Minute Yoga Solution

Tuesday--Tracey's Circuit Zone

Wednesday--started learning Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout. I did warm up, combo one, knock outs 1, 2, and 3, and then the abs. This doesn't sound like much but it actually made my booty sore the next day. I must say, I don't really like learning new choreo, although I guess it's worth it in the end. Great music on this one.

Thursday--upper body pre-mix from Supersets, seated section from Tracey's Yoga Solutions

Well, time to get some work done. Blessedly, I don't have to teach today due to spring break at one of my schools, but I have grading and diss work to do, etc.

Hermia - I had been wondering what had been going on with you. Sounds incredibly busy and kudos to you for still getting workouts in :) Hope things settle down soon for you.

Okay, I will get to personals in a minute but first I want to talk about ME!

I got on the scale this morning and I was down 2 pounds.:D:eek::D Not only that, this takes me out of the "140's", I am now 138!:D And I don't care if it's just water weight, empty bowels, whatever...I'll take it! All that matters to me is I don't feel like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man as much today! I have been happy dancing all day!:p:p:p:p:p:p

I made these this morning- based on the recipe in the new Oxygen issue. I changed some things so I am posting it as I made it.

Patti - Thanks for all the recipes you share, but how in the world do you find the time to cook all the time!:p

Today was Legs and even though I hate leg day, I had a great workout and had fun with it if that's at all possible! :rofl:
Firewalkers!!!!:
Purple band: 8 sets - 6 reps each leg
***Went three steps one way, three steps the other. Was able to do this 4 times. BURNED big time! I like this and my HR got up there.

Debbie - I love the idea of Firewalkers Tabata style, I will definitely be doing those next week. Today was leg as well and my heartrate was through the roof also.

I am not using the GoWear Fit thing but I am constantly tempted to just do it. I tried MyFitnessPal and liked the idea but didn't keep up b/c of the delay in going back and forth b/w pages online. I am now using a program loaded onto my computer and it is fast and easy. Hope the book works for you - I was writing all of mine down and then DH loaded this and said it was easier but I was just using a piece of paper :eek: - your book sounds much more user friendly than that! And since you aren't on the computer during the weekends much, then certainly sounds like something that will work and save the step of writing down and then entering into a program online. And thanks - I am going to keep adding a little bit more to the running and try to work up to 3 miles. We shall see about that!

Shana - My book came today, but I haven't opened it yet.

TGIF!!!!!!
My recovery week is over and I will be hitting the gym again tomorrow! I'm ready! :)

Sonya - You've mentioned the workout and the food, but I was curious did your training include any supplements & which ones?

Wednesday--started learning Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout. I did warm up, combo one, knock outs 1, 2, and 3, and then the abs. This doesn't sound like much but it actually made my booty sore the next day. I must say, I don't really like learning new choreo, although I guess it's worth it in the end. Great music on this one.

Hermia - I was preview this one the other night. Looks like fun, don't know that I have enough room. You right about some great music on that one.:D

Back in a minute to post my workout....

Today was Legs and I had a great workout. Heartrate was spiking all over the place. The runs in between sets were pathethic jogs, because that is all it took to keep my HR up.

Okay I have a question...when doing Leg Exts. & Hamstring Curls do you count the actual weight of the leg attachment piece of just the weight you load?

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Jogged during 2 minute rest between each exercise

LEGS
DB Squats:
30's - 8 sets/8 reps (up 3#)

Atlernate Rear Lunges:
30's - 8 sets/10 reps (up 5#)
***This got my HR up good too.

Leg Extension:
23.5# - 8 sets/11-8 reps(Up 1#)
***I hate these. Burn by the second set!

Hamstring Curls:
23.5# - 8 sets/8-6 (Up 1#)
**These were brutal after the lunges.

DB Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps (Down 2#)
***I wimped out here.

DB Reverse Curls:
5's - 4 sets/12-10 reps
3's - 4 sets/12-11 reps
***My massage therapist asked me to do this exercise to try and balance my forearms. 5 was too heavy and three too light.

Then did Combo 3 and stretch from Cardio & Weights. Workout was 1:12 minutes and burned 567 calories.

BTW, I love the Diet Journal I bought!

I haven't planned my meals yet so here is what I have had so far today.

Post workout leftover cajun shrimp and rice and two boiled egg whites. Coffee with skim milk and sugar free syrup

Lunch Muscle Chow Pear Walnut Salad with half of a grilled chicken breast on top. I have made this before. A few changes. I used 1/4 tsp of flax oil in place of olive oil, pecans in place of walnuts, the other half of the pearapple I had yesterday. I made extra cranberry dressing for another salad and put it in the refrigerator.

Last night I ended up eating some more of those Muscle Chow Peanut Butter Muscle Bombs:eek: Glad I only made half of the recipe.

Debbie, great job on the Tabata workouts and results;)

Patti, I have surprised myself on some of my weights I have been able to do. I saw those muffins. They look good.

Sonya, you deserved the recovery week.

Shana, I used to buy a grapefruit Vodka and mix it with sparkling soda. It was really tasty:)

Patti, Good job on your workout! Thank you so much for the recipe. I'm going to enjoy the Blueberry Bran Muffins. Yum! Most of all thank you for the calories protein and fiber info you gave us.

Debbie, Great workout! I bet those firewalkers made a difference. Time well spent.

Diane Sue, As usual you had an awesome workout. Good for you.

Meowracer, Joey and I did the same workout as you did. Back and legs are tough for me. Your exercise plan looks really good to me. Enjoy.

Sonya Arellano, Enjoy the time at the gym tomorrow. I know you are ready!

Hermia, Your workouts look really good. To bad you have to work so darn hard. I'm sorry you are in that predicament. Hope the person you are covering will be better soon and that she recovers from whatever...

Linda, You worked hard didn't you? I can tell. Glad you have a journal. They are a great tool to have. Congratulations on getting below 140! YEAH!

Today for me was STS disc 18 - Back and Biceps. Back and leg work are really hard on me. But, I did it. It rained today, so I couldn't put the last row of asparagus in yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a geat day everyone, you deserve it.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Hello ladies! Hope everyone is well. I am really late posting. I have been busy!. I did PLB today and did quite well -

leg press 30/40/50/40/30
Lunges 40/50/60/50/40
Squats 40/50/60/50/40
dead lifts 30/40/50/40/30
leg extensions 25/35/45/35/25

skipped floor work and did tread mill! Talk to you all later!

I got on the scale this morning and I was down 2 pounds.:D:eek::D Not only that, this takes me out of the "140's", I am now 138!:D And I don't care if it's just water weight, empty bowels, whatever...I'll take it! All that matters to me is I don't feel like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man as much today! I have been happy dancing all day!:p:p:p:p:p

Sonya - You've mentioned the workout and the food, but I was curious did your training include any supplements & which ones?

Linda... Yipee on the 2 pounds! :D

I do take supplements. I take BCAA's, Se7en, Beta 7, Rhodiola ( cycle every two weeks), Glutamine, Surge and ZMA's. ZMA's are the BEST thing EVER!!!!! I have always had difficulty sleeping and now I sleep like a baby which is sooooo important for growth and repair.

So I couldn't wait until tomorrow to start working out again. :p So I did Drill Max drills 1-4 and 10 minutes HIIT w/jump rope. Feel energized!

Linda...I forgot, I also take a multivitamin and flameout (fish oil).

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday night and thank goodness it's the weekend! It's supposed to be in the high 80's! Yea! :D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.