Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 2/28

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs!

In keeping with my random week of workouts I did Supersets today. I have never done that workout before so it was fun. It wasn't very intense, but some days that is kind of nice.

DS's birthday party is today so I have to run! Have a great day!

Good Morning, I am feeling better but still a little off and back to coughing:( Anyway I am going to try some light cardio and get in those STS abs I have missed and some yoga/stretching. Maybe my foam roller too. My legs and low back are experiencing doms this morning from Thursdays leg day. Trying to drink my coffee black this morning to cut out those 80 calories a day of fat free creamer. Logging at My Fitness Pal is an eye opener for sure:eek: My granddaughter's 1st birthday party is this afternoon so we will be going there. I will check back later.

Patti, I like Supersets a lot. My favorite premixes on that one is the upper and lower Blasts. On the lower one you get to repeat all of the lower body work 3 times. Have fun with your DS's birthday party.

Last edited:
Hi Diane Sue! Hope the cough goes away- sometimes I think light cardio helps my lungs feel better when I'm sick even though DH says I'm slightly mental for thinking that. :D I agree about logging food. It has made me more aware of some small calories that I wasn't counting and it has made me weigh some of my snacks. I was cheating a bit on portion size- nothing too crazy but hey, it adds up.

I'll remember that about SS. I just wanted a quick full body workout today. I think I did the P/P premixes and liked those.

Today was Back, Biceps and Abs. Didn't feel like working out AT ALL but after I got started I just hit it hard and had an excellent workout. Had excellent energy! Feel great right now.

10 minutes on treadmill w/6% incline.

1 minute rest between each set.

BACK
Underhand Barbell Rows:
45# - 15/15 (warmup)
60# - 10 (up 5#)
65# - 10 (up 5#)
70# - 10 (up 5#)
***Felt strong with these. Held contraction for 2 seconds with each rep.

One Arm Rows:
35# - 10 (up 3#)
37# - 10/10 (up 2# w/2nd set, stayed the same w/3rd set)

BICEPS
Wide Grip EZ Curls:
30# - 15/15 (warmup)
45# - 10/10/8 (up 2 reps w/1st and 2nd set, stayed the same w/3rd set)
***I really want to get higher then 45# here. My biceps are not responding like I want them to.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
17's - 10
20's - 10
22's - 5.5
***Stayed the same w/weight but did a lower incline. Made a huge difference.

ABS
Triset:
1 min. 10 sec. plank
Straight Leg Crunches
Reverse Crunch w/8# med ball

***Did 3 sets of these. Last set I could only hold the plank for 40 seconds, I rested a couple seconds and finished out. Those killed. I find my abs respond better to tri-sets so this is what I did. Every time I do trisets my abs are sore for days.

That is all.....

I am back from the birthday party. I got in a workout before I left.
Treadmill for 45 minutes starting at 4mph and moving up to 6 for 3.56 miles andd burning 404 calories. Then I did STS ab circuits weights and plates 2# in hands and 3# ankle weights, no partner med ball abs using 10 & 15# med balls, and yoga based abs. I finished with Tracey Staehle's Yoga solutions post cardio 11 min segment. Workout was 1hr41min and I burned 642 calories. I didn't eat any of the cake and ice cream and opted for diet coke. I really didn't eat till we headed home and had an Arbys grilled chicken salad with my own dressing.

Debbie, nice workout:)

Hello! just finished my workout. I did LIC minus the abs. Yesterday I was going to do cardio but my calves were so sore couldn't make it through the warmup, so I decided that wasn't such a good idea. Instead, I did half of Tracey Staehle's Core Strength and Conditioning and then appx 10-15 minutes of her seated section from Yoga Solutions and then my bf came over so I quit there. My calves were still sore today, but I didn't want to skip my workout. Time to clean up and go to the grocery store. I'm going to make ham for dinner following my mom's recipe, which I've never tried before. Hopefully it will turn out as well as it does when she makes it. Have a great rest of the day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.