Hardcore Fitness Maniacs 1/28

Teddygirl

Cathlete

Good Morning,:)

Debbie, I thought of you while driving too work, it took me 50 minutes:eek: :eek:You and your snow, girl. I must admit it is pretty :rolleyes:

This morn, I revisited a old friend I did Lowmax And it was so much fun!

Today was cardio and ab work. I did Cardio Coach #2 revised and had a great workout. It's only 35 minutes but its pure bliss.

Then I did the Core Only premix of Bootcamp but did it twice through. Gayle (Banslug) did this yesterday so I copied her. Wow, what a great workout that was. I am already feeling the onset of DOMS! Woo hoo!!! Excellent idea, Gayle! Thank you!

Cardio stats:
38 minutes
5 minutes below zone
11 minutes in zone
21 minutes above zone
321 calories burned
2.1 miles travelled

It is snowing like you wouldn't believe here. We already have about 5" and it isn't suppose to stop until around 7 this evening. :eek: :eek: :eek:

At least I got to work. I love my 4WD!!!

Teddygirl - I thought of you too! I thought, "She's cursing me out right now!" LMAO!!!!

Good morning! Tons of snow here too- I'm over it!

I did Steady State Step Today and LIC cardio only. I burned 855 calories. I have some nice DOMS in my upper body yesterday from the 4DS upper body premix, so that makes me happy.

I think I overdid it on cardio today- I feel tired instead of energized. I must control my crazy cardio urges! :)

Debbie: I did the core only BC yesterday too but chickened out on doing it twice. Ha! I did do Core Max #2, though. I am trying to do my abs at a different time of day so I focus on them instead of putting them on the end of a workout when I'm ready to be finished.

Have a great day everyone!

Dallys: I know...I know...I should try the kettlebell workout, I did preview it:cool: Heck, Charlean Extreme is still in the box:eek: I did call BB, to get the insurance coverage, so, if I don’t get the chances to preview them all they are covered. Man oh man, I wish Cathe would consider that, I'm always replacing her DvD's.

Yesterday, I brought two of Taebo workouts at Walmart, they were only 10.77 each. One is Live and the other is hm……duh! brain dead but it was the one I purposely went to get. I’m going back after work, dog done dude, forgot to give me my Cranberry juice and Parmesan cheese.

Debbie: It’s still SNOWING………………….argh………LOL

Patti: Nice workout! ;o) ;o)

Patti - That's a great idea. I wish I had time to do abs at a different time. Sometimes I do but most of the time I just try to get them done after my workouts.

Char - Nice workout yesterday! Your bicep work never ceases to amaze me! :eek:

Snowed a little here yesterday and last night, but it is raining now so it is all suppose to be gone later.:(

I did Providence again this morning and since I did not end up with any DOMS I figured my 20# Kb was not challenging enough. So this morning I subbed either a 30# or 25# Db where I could. It was brutal. Then did Stretch w/ the Ball from Stretch Max. During that the nausea hit and I just figure it was because I was lying prone on the ball, which I always hate. But no the feeling stuck with me, so I tried to eat something and no go. I now have DD's virus. Oh great and now the other half has just hit. So I am headed back to the sofa to spend the rest of the day moaning.:confused::confused: Workout was 1:12 and I burned 612 calories....and now no food. Was also going out to purchase more KBs but that will have to wait until tomorrow.:(

Charlotte: Debbie reminded me, but I agree on the biceps! I even mentioned it to DH last night and he was impressed too. :cool: I like your horoscope analysis, btw. It's fun. :)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna do a workout that Bionics gave me. I forget what it is called already. lol. So I will do it and then let ya'll know all about it. I have to work my abs too. My basement is freezing, but when I do cardio, I don't mind!!! I need to stay away from the cookies I bought my son. He torments me and leaves them by the computer. They are the chocolate kind. hehe

I like hearing about all the different kind of ab work and the creative way of getting it done. I did the boot camp ab work once before like that and should do it again. Coremax 1 is the only core workout I think is the best. I think #2 is too easy and I really hate #3 though.

Patti,

Great calorie burn there! Lawd!

Debbie,

That is good for Cardio Coach #2 and for 38 mins. I remember doing that one not too long ago and not sure I burned that much myself. Great job!

Debbie,

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did CLX Burn Circuit #2. Had a great workout. I think this is the toughest of the 3, probably because of all the rows.

It is snowing like you wouldn't believe here. We already have about 5" and it isn't suppose to stop until around 7 this evening. :eek: :eek: :eek:
At least I got to work. I love my 4WD!!!
Yeah! Have fun with all the snow! We've gotten so much this winter that I can't wait til it all melts.

Dallys: I know...I know...I should try the kettlebell workout, I did preview it:cool: Heck, Charlean Extreme is still in the box:eek: I did call BB, to get the insurance coverage, so, if I don’t get the chances to preview them all they are covered. Man oh man, I wish Cathe would consider that, I'm always replacing her DvD's.

Yesterday, I brought two of Taebo workouts at Walmart, they were only 10.77 each. One is Live and the other is hm……duh! brain dead but it was the one I purposely went to get. I’m going back after work, dog done dude, forgot to give me my Cranberry juice and Parmesan cheese.
I hate when I forget something at the store after I already bought it. You've got to at least try a kettlebell workout before STS gets here. You are behind girl, ROFL!

Question for anyone: After my workout in the morning, I have a recovery drink (P90X). It fills me up even though it's small (I mix w/cup of skim milk). Should I count that as breakfast? I hope so. It's hard to take breaks to eat while I'm working.

Opps! I had quotes for some of the others and goofed. So, Hey, to all of yous.:)

Last edited:
Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna do a workout that Bionics gave me. I forget what it is called already. lol. So I will do it and then let ya'll know all about it. I have to work my abs too. My basement is freezing, but when I do cardio, I don't mind!!! I need to stay away from the cookies I bought my son. He torments me and leaves them by the computer. They are the chocolate kind. hehe
That's hilarious your boy tortures you like that! ROFL! Have fun with the workout. I haven't done it in ages, but I remember is was good. You can tell me after you do it if I am crazy or not.:p

Snowed a little here yesterday and last night, but it is raining now so it is all suppose to be gone later.:(

I did Providence again this morning and since I did not end up with any DOMS I figured my 20# Kb was not challenging enough. So this morning I subbed either a 30# or 25# Db where I could. It was brutal. Then did Stretch w/ the Ball from Stretch Max. During that the nausea hit and I just figure it was because I was lying prone on the ball, which I always hate. But no the feeling stuck with me, so I tried to eat something and no go. I now have DD's virus. Oh great and now the other half has just hit. So I am headed back to the sofa to spend the rest of the day moaning.:confused::confused: Workout was 1:12 and I burned 612 calories....and now no food. Was also going out to purchase more KBs but that will have to wait until tomorrow.:(
Gosh Linda, that's no good getting the virus. :( Hope it doesn't last long. Go rest.

Charlotte: Debbie reminded me, but I agree on the biceps! I even mentioned it to DH last night and he was impressed too. :cool: I like your horoscope analysis, btw. It's fun. :)
I know! She's crazy bicep women!:eek:

Question for anyone: After my workout in the morning, I have a recovery drink (P90X). It fills me up even though it's small (I mix w/cup of skim milk). Should I count that as breakfast? I hope so. It's hard to take breaks to eat while I'm working.

I usually drink a protein shake right after my workout and count that as breakfast. Then about 2 hours later I eat my oatmeal w/BSN protein powder at work.

This morning I did something a little different. I did Drill Max upper premix but when Cathe did the cardio drills I did some kettlebell swings. Not through the whole drills though. I would give it a couple of minutes then forward to the next weight segment. I then did Low Impact Circuit upper only premix skipping the w/up and stretch(18 min). I followed with Tracey Staehle's Hi/Lo Med ball med ball premix, then did Stretch Max ball and band segments. Total calories burned was 802 55% fat.
Breakfast this morning was from Muscle Chow spicy eggs and oats scramble. I used only egg whites and omitted the whole egg and halved the amount of oats. This was yummy. Dinner will be turkey breast and roasted zuchinni. Not sure about lunch yet. Will post back later.

Last edited:
Morning manaics! Yesterday I did Step, Jump, Pump step and did the Step/Hi-Lo premix. This was the first ime doing this dvd so I repeated the step portion of it just to get the footwork down. It wasn't hard but you know when you are learning soemthing for the first time....anyways, second round I nailed it. Not a very intense cardio and I probably won't be listing it under "my favorites" but it was ok.

Teddygirl...I purchased LowMax a while back and haven't done it yet....everyone seems to like it. I'll have to try it out soon.

Debbie...If that ab workout gave you DOMS I think I will have to check it out!

Linda...Hope you feel better :(

Dallys....Thanks, got it!

Char...I have 'bicep envy'. You rock it girl!

You all and your snow...I hate being cold, so thank goodness I live it California! It's sunny but cold here....in the 50's. I'm comfortable when it is in the 90's!

Meals for today:
M1: 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ protein pwdr, flaxseed, 3 egg white veggie/cheese omelet, cup of berries
M2: protein drink, rice cake w/p-nut butter, apple
M3: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup black beans w/salsa and 1 tsp non-fat sour cream
M4: 1/2 low-fat cottage cheese, almonds
M5: 4 oz pork tenderloin, steamed veggies
M6: protein drink

I now have DD's virus.

Oh man, Linda, I'm sorry. I caught DS's stomach virus last month- it was awful! Just rest.

I think #2 is too easy and I really hate #3 though.

Charlotte: You know, it was my first time doing #2 and I didn't care for it that much. I didn't really get a great burn. I do have slight DOMS today in my obliques, but I think that is from the BC portion.

If I missed sending anyone the MFHers rotation, let me know. I think I got everyone. But, I'm dingy that way.:p

I got it Dallys- thanks. I sent you the muesli recipe, too.

Breakfast this morning was from Muscle Chow spicy eggs and oats scramble. I used only egg whites and omitted the whole egg and halved the amount of oats. This was yummy. Dinner will be turkey breast and roasted zuchinni. Not sure about lunch yet. Will post back later.

I am going to have to get that cookbook- I have it on my Amazon wishlist.

Yesterday I did Step, Jump, Pump step and did the Step/Hi-Lo premix.

Sonya: I'm not a huge fan of SJ&P either, but I use it every now and again. I did it once all the way though as designed and didn't care for it. I think I'm just not a huge fan of Hi/Lo.

Meals today:
B: Oatmeal / egg white pancake
L: Salad with veggie burger, fat free feta, tons of veggies and balsamic dressing
S: Muesli
D: Taco soup (great easy recipe if anyone wants)
S: Probably berries and FF greek yogurt

Looking back at this, I need to add in a little bit more fat- probably add some flax seed to the yogurt tonight.

Hey Peeps!

My laptop at home is dead. :mad: It's only 6 months old. It's a TOSHIBA. Don't buy one. Nothing but trouble so far. I had my Dell for 4 years and no trouble ever. I have to send it in and they can't tell me how long it will take.

Still doing all of the same workouts. Sorry no time to post. Swamped at work. New method on pullups I'll have to talk about when I get a minute. LOVE it!

Dallys - I might like that rotatoin. Would you mind e-mailing it to me? Thanks!

Charlotte - Thanks for your compliments on my pics. And your bicep work floors me!

Debbie - Thank you also for your compliments. And I do have some cellulite. Not much but it's there. And I hate it.

Sonya - Regarding your lack of cellulite, I'm sorry to say that I hate you too. ;):D:eek::cool::eek::eek::eek: Maybe there really is something to this clean eating thing everyone raves about. Or is it genetics? Hmmm...possibly a bit of both.

SUPER DUPER windy here. Lots of snow drifts. No new snow since the weekend but what we had is making a huge mess, closed roads and interstates. Crazy stuff. Not sure if I've mentioned this lately but I HATE THE WIND!!!!! :p

Hope you all have a great day!

Linda--that sucks about having the flu. Being nauseated is the worst. Have you tried eating any fruit? That's what I go to when I'm sick, fruit and jello water.

Patti--I feel the same about ab work; it's always at the end of my workout and I'm often just ready to be done. What I do sometimes is just start my workout with abs. That's what I"ll probably do tonight when I do PUB after work. After all that upper body work, my arms shake a little when I'm holding myself up for the plank work/jack knives on the ball, so I like to do that part and then start the upper body.

All you people with the snow! I hate being cold too, like Sonya, and I live in California, so I'm set. I do like seasons, but my idea of appropriate cold is 50's.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.