Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 1/23

orphylea

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I had a great workout today- felt good. I did PS Legs and B&G ab work. Debbie, I'll miss this rotation, it was terrific! My scale didn't move, but I noticed that I felt leaner through the midsection (hooray) and I have more definition in my arms and legs. Good stuff! Thanks. :)

Strong Legs
Warm up front lunges- 8 reps / 12's
Warm up back lunges- 8 reps / 12's
Front lunges- 8 reps, 3 count / 20's
- Not quite ready for 20's
Back lunges- 8 reps, 3 count / 17.5's
Static lunges- 2 sets 16 reps / 55#

Plie squats-32 reps / 30#
- I don't do the alternating side lunges, doesn't feel like it isolates the right muscles for me
Plie squats- Various reps, different counts / 50#

Step ups- 5 risers, 2 sets 12 reps / 17.5s plus 10# vest

Squats- Various reps, different counts / 60#
Sit n stand- 10 reps / 60#
-These about killed me

Quarter dead lift- 2 sets 12 reps / 75#
- Going back to 70#, this was a bit much on my arm joints, oddly

Calf raises- Lots of reps, used 12's

Inner Thigh- 2# AWs
Outer Thigh- 5# AWs
Double Hamstring raises- 20#
Single Hamstring raises- no weight

Abs

Have a great day everyone!

Great workout. I am doing shoulders today. I may add some legs to it and we are going to take the dogs to the park this afternoon so I may get a run in also. BBL to post details. It is going up to the 60s today! I am so excited! It has been so cold, I have been hibernating. Now I can go out and get some air and sunshine.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning,:D

TGIF……………:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This morning, I was up bright and early. I loooove the morning quietness:) I did MIS & abs. No need to post stats, I matched Cathe except for dead lifts I used a 50lb BB and for DB pile squats, 40lb. I had a fabulous workout.

Patti: Niiiiiiiicccccceeee;);)

This morning was Pure Strength Legs & Abs. Woke up with a headache and it didn't get better as I worked out. I was getting really bad dizzy spells during the workout and getting sick to my stomach. Not liking that. I did the best I could and skipped the floor work.

LEGS
Front/Back Lunges w/u: 15's – 8 reps each leg front & back
Front Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 65# – 2 sets/16 reps
Plie Squats w/u: 25# DB – 32 reps
***Used dumbbells and just did them stationary.
Plie Squats: 45# DB - 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups w/ 4 Risers: 15's – 2 sets/12 reps
Squats: 65# - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers: – 55# - 10 reps
***Killer! This is just one excellent exercise.
Qtr. Deadlifts: 55# - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: – 3 sets/32 reps each set.

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout
***Again, I don't like this too much, kind of boring. The whole thing is with your arms behind your neck. I don't like that, my neck gets all strained.

That is all...

Gotta go deliver Avon. I have decided to quit selling after March 1st. I'm just SICK OF IT!!! :eek:

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did CLX Burn Circuit #3. Upped most of my weights. Feeling fine now.:cool:

It's raining here and very dark and gloomy. I kinda like it.:p

Very happy it's Friday. Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow...oh yeah, Carma never let's me sleep in...oh well, lol.

Great workouts so far everyone.

Great workouts everyone. Debbie, I sent you a PM.

Today I did PS legs only - standing

lunges front and back - `15# DB

static lunges - 20# DB
plie squats - one 30# DB
quarter deadlifts 20# DBs

Then I did shoulders

3 sets of rear delt raises, lateral raises and shoulder presses - 8 lbDBs

Carido - tm - 10% inline 5 minutes then rotated with slow incline walking lunges and side shuffles total 20 minutes.

Take care all!

Workout was Tracey's Hi/Lo Med Ball premix med ball no stretch, then I did Absolute kickbox skippimg the w/up and core/stretch, I then did Tracey's parts total body segment stopping at the pilates (10 minutes) I like the med ball and balance stuff on that part. I then did Traceys Circuit Zone upper premix and foam roller segment adding a little more time on the foam roller. Total calories burned today was 943. I think my HR monitor is still not right.

Debbie, where did you learn about using aloe vera on your HRM strap? I read the instructions on mine and went and bought different laundry soap since I was reading the instructions and it said not to use detergent with softener. I was using Tide Total care. I thought that might be the problem but it is not helping. It also said not to clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol. I had tried that before I read that it said not to:confused: I hope you get to feeling better. I bet the Avon is a headache. But it sounds like you were doing good with it.

Dallys, tell your doggie you need to sleep in :p Maybe you can try to tire her out so she will be exhausted. It sounds like you are enjoying the CLX workouts:)

TGIF!!!!!!!!! :D

Patti.....Nice workout!

Debbie...I used to sell BeautiControl. After awhile it became more of a chore!

Dallys...It's raining and dark and gloomy here too. We need the rain so this gives me an excuse to veg on the couch in front of the fireplace!

Dallys, tell your doggie you need to sleep in :p Maybe you can try to tire her out so she will be exhausted.
Carma hasn't been getting out much, so I'm sure that's why she'll all gungho in the mornings. It's just been so darned cold.

Dallys...It's raining and dark and gloomy here too. We need the rain so this gives me an excuse to veg on the couch in front of the fireplace!

That's exactly what I plan to do after work. Veg on the couch all wrapped up in a warm blanket.:)

Ugh! Back from the grocery store and other shopping. DD turns 4 on Sunday and the party is tomorrow. I will be at the massage therapist, while DH is with the kids at swim lesson so we are leaving at 10 am. Both me and the kids will finish right around 12 pm, so it we will head straight to the party site, which is just our church, for the party that starts at 1pm :eek: We will party til about 3 and then clean from 3 -4, then we will head off to a skate night that goes 5-7 (takes an hour to get there). So to say the least it should be an interesting day!:p

Okay today was the last day of Phase 2 and I am considering playing around with Providence for a week before I start Phase 3.

Superset A
BB Squats
12/12/12 -87#
One Arm Over Head Press
8/8/8 - 26#

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 36's
DB Pullovers
12/12/12 - 42#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ feet on ball
12/12/12
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ feet on ball
10/10/10 per side
Plank on Ball
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for 6 rounds. Then the Sitting Stretch workout from Tamilee's Flexibility for Beginners. Workout was 1:08 and I burned 463 calories (but this is a little off, because I turned the HRM off during pullovers and didn't realize it)

I really have to go now I have a ton of stuff to do to get ready for tomorrow!

Hey Maniacs!!!

The weather here was unusual today for January. Got up close to 70 degrees so went on a 14 mi. bike ride. My quads are fried. The wind is really whipping now..glad I got back before it started.:eek:

Bionics,

Got your message. I will look for it. Thank you, but you didn't have to.:p:D

Linda, it sounds like you have a very busy day tomorrow. I hope that you enjoy the party and that the massage helps a lot:)

Charlotte, our weather here has been strange too. Yesterday dh wanted to go for a ride on the motorcycle but it was a late evening with grandchildren. Today it was 51 when I went to the school. It is cooling off outside. I never know when I go out whether to grab my jacket or not. Weather hear can be odd anyway but it has been really dry and different this year. I am so glad Bobby is doing better. I hope he continues to improve. That had to be hard for both of you.

Last edited:
Hello! I actually did my workout before work today. I did Tracey's Hi Lo Medball through combo 5, and then Ravi and Ana's AM yoga. Now I'm doing housework and am gonna start dinner soon. I'm looking forward to a weekend with nothing in particular planned, although I do have a ton of work to get done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.