Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 1/21

Yesterday when I got home from work I did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch and then did 20 minutes of yoga from Karen Voight. Man, do I really need to start stretching more. My muscles in my entire body are so tight they hurt. Literally. This is not DOMS, it's pain from my muscles feeling like tight rubber bands. So I'm going to do yoga at least 3 times a week. Hopefully I can make time for it, it's only 20 minutes.

Today was Pure Strength Back & Biceps. I added an extra set to any 2 set exercise. Had a good workout but it didn't feel that hard. Compared to the other workouts I've been doing, this one was easy.

BACK
T-Bar Rows w/u: 45# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 60# – 3 sets/10 reps
Barbell Bent over Rows: 60# – 3 sets/10 reps
***Felt really strong with this exercise.
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps
Shrugs: 75# – 3 sets/20 reps
***I love shrugs, it's my favorite exercise for back. And I don't care what Cathe says, I like going heavy with this exercise. I used my Barbell for this.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 55# – 2 sets/10 reps; 45# - 1 set/10 reps
***Wow, I felt really weak with this exercise. Not sure why.
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 15's – 20 reps
***Should have used 17's.
Seated Sweep Curls: 15's – 24 reps
***Should have used 17's.
Barbell Negative Curls: 40# – 3 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 25#/12 reps; 20# - 2 sets/12 reps

That is all...

Good morning!! I've had too much coffee today so I'm w-i-r-e-d.

Debbie: I love yoga- can't say enough good things about it. I used to go regularly after I had my second baby and I credit it with helping me regain a lot of my muscle strength after bed rest. Plus, I was very flexible- I haven't completely lost it but I have noticed that with all of this weight lifting in the past 6 months that I'm tighter. I'm hoping my schedule opens up again so I can go at least once a week. It's also good for my head to go to yoga. :)

I also did Pure Strength Back & Biceps from Debbie's rotation. I added an extra set to any 2 set exercise- well, I MEANT to, but forgot for biceps. It was a good workout but agree with Debbie- wasn't as tough as some of the others we've been doing. I don't anything matches doing 4DS weight work twice in a row. THAT was hard.

BACK
T-Bar Rows w/u: 50# – 16 reps
T-Bar Rows: 65# – 3 sets/10 reps
Barbell Bent over Rows: 65# – 4 sets/10 reps
One Arm Rows: 30# – 3 sets/10 reps (Dropped to 27.5# for last set)
Shrugs: 30s – 2 sets/20 reps

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 35# – 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Alt. Hammer Curls: 15's –10 reps each side
Seated Sweep Curls: 15's – 2 sets / 10 reps
Barbell Negative Curls: 30# – 2 sets/10 reps
Concentration Curls: 15#/12 reps; 13.25# / 12 reps

Then I did the cardio premix from C&W and 1-5 of IMAX2. I burned 219 with the weight work and 501 with the cardio. I did so well for a while in this rotation in limiting the cardio but lately I just can't help myself!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
I have been trying to read what is going on around here.

Linda - how are your hands?
Diane Sue - how is your knee?
Suz - how is your back?
Ally - how is the finger?
Did I miss anybody?

We are quite the injured bunch! My back was doing so well but bothered me again yesterday so I took the day off. Feels much better again now. Monday, I did the floorwork of PLB, abs, and cardio. The day before, I did the standing part of PLB but my brother came over and I ran out of time to finish it.

Just got some good news. I have had the Cybex arc trainer since last June but have had nothing but problems. I think I am on trainer #4 now. Today, they informed me that they were going to give me the next model up at no charge! I'm excited about that, and am going to be hopeful that I have better luck. Cybex has been truly amazing with their customer service. It's been frustrating to not be able to use the machine for the most part, but they have been with me all the way.

Hermia - been missing your late night posts. Are you still visiting the BF?

Charlotte - so glad to hear that Bobby is doing better. Hope that trend is continuing. Did you see what I posted about turmeric?

Sonya- the other day, I had pizza and wine just to make you feel better ;)

Dallys- you asked about my riding. I do mostly training indoors. We have some good rides around but I've just never gotten into the events. I would like to though - at least give it an honest try. I don't have a riding partner. Spinervals are a fave b/c they push me hard. Some days here are perfect and I will take advantage of that if I want a nice ride but usually, it is hot and muggy and there are bugs...just nasty. Riding in the cold gives me an earache and sore throat quickly. Hence, the trainer. Plus I've been hit by a car (she did not bother to stop but I caught her later and the cops got her), and had a horrid crash with my brother so I'm a bit of a scaredy cat outdoors :eek: I do ride and ride when we go to Florida though, even though it is hot! Too amazing to pass up for the week.

Patti - how is the BFFM coming along? I am falling pathetically behind. I did just buy some other stuff to read too...why??? WHY??? I need to buy some time while I'm at it. Have you thought anymore about Precision Nutrition?

Debbie- I want to try my yoga DVD - maybe this will be the kick in the butt I need. My DVD is Flexible Warrior and I think the style is what I need.

Teddygirl - how are you doing? Is all of your awesome stuff hooked up now??

Shana: I'm still plugging along- really enjoying the info. He's a smart guy. I actually have PN- can you tell food is my issue? LOL. Anyway, PN is probably a great program if you can follow it. I don't think it is practical for my life. I workout first thing and so if the only carbs (as in grains) I can have must follow a workout, then oatmeal would be it for me for the day. That doesn't work for me. I don't eat a lot of grains, but want the opportunity to include them with dinners, too. But I like some of the recipes.

That's great about the arc trainer!

Patti - oh, I thought you were thinking about getting it - didn't realize you had it! I have thought PN to death - maybe that should be a lesson to me to not get it. Besides, I am a girl who loves carbs...I don't go overboard, and always make sure they are complex, but no way could I go without them either. I have heard that the cookbooks are good. Keep hoping to find a used one on ebay or something :) I have downloaded some sort of teaser recipe books he has out there - need to find those again and look over them. When it comes to eating, I am plain lazy which is a big part of my problem. What I want is a personal chef! Ha ha.

Hi Everyone:D

Boy, am I happy Cathe is about to drop STS, I am ready. Yesterday, no workout unless I can consider CleanMax. I got much work to do, sometimes hate taking off, bbl:eek:

Shana: All hooked up, thanks for asking:D.

Sonya- the other day, I had pizza and wine just to make you feel better ;) quote]

Shanna....aww thanks! What a true friend you are!!!!! :D

I have been sooooooooo tired the past few days to the point I don't want to do my workouts. I think my body may be telling me to take a break. I can contribute it to Debbie's kick a$$ workouts I've done in her Dec. and Jan. rotations. (Thanks Debbie!) :) I will finish up with the January rotation this week and then take some time off.

Off to do teacher observations....bbl

I have been sooooooooo tired the past few days to the point I don't want to do my workouts. I think my body may be telling me to take a break. I can contribute it to Debbie's kick a$$ workouts I've done in her Dec. and Jan. rotations. (Thanks Debbie!) :) I will finish up with the January rotation this week and then take some time off.

Off to do teacher observations....bbl

I'm doing the same thing, Sonya. After Saturday I'll be taking a week off but I do plan to stick with cardio and do yoga as well. I really need the break.

Hi Ladies!

Hi Shana...yep, still visiting the BF, which is why I haven't worked out for days. He basically planned our whole weekend, including the extra day off for MLK day, and it all involved not being here at my place where all my workout stuff is. It made me sad to miss so much; I haven't been working out crazy hard like several of you, so I don't need a break of several days. I did get to do Amy's A-Team Bootcamp last night, though. It was quite late but I wasn't about to not workout after so much time missed. Gotta go grade now, though; tonight will be some sort of yoga.

So STS is almost out? I haven't really been following all the news on it and didn't order, but I gather you guys have been waiting for quite a while! The clips I've seen do look pretty good, but I don't want to spend that kind of money right now.

This morning I did Low Impact Cricuit cardio and upper premix two times with 1 warm up and 1 stretch. I like all of the band work in this workout. Later I did 10 minute solution tone trouble zones with Amy and did the Arm & shoulders and stretch segments for more band work
icon_biggrin.gif
I burned 917 calories.

Debbie, yoga and stretching are one thing I have never eliminated from my workouts. I think even a short segment is very helpful. Sometimes I have to go to the 10 or 15 minute ones. Good luck with fitting it in.

Shana, we are kind of a sad bunch here. My knee is better. I actually slept last night without it waking me up or having to take ibuprophin.
Good luck with the new Cybex Arc trainer. I am sure it is frustrating not being able to use it that much.

Teddy, I am so looking forward to STS. The more time I spend lately looking over what I will be doing the more I am ready to get started;)

Sonya, I am sure you deserve a recovery week. We all do once in awhile:)

Hi Ladies - Just checking in. Patti - what is PN? I hate it when I don't know what everyone is talking about.

BTW - I ordered, downloaded and just had printed the BFFM - so I will be doing this with whoever else is.

Thank you all for asking about my hand. It is sore and bruised, but I think it will be fine within a week. Mu butt is more sore from the shot!! No push ups, but I am going to do weights. I am on this new thing - where like on the rotations - if you are doing back and biceps - then I do the back set and do the bicep set while the back is resting - so i keep moving, and it keeps me winded but I get a lot done in much less time!!!

Anyway, you all ROCK!!!!

Oh - I forgot to mention, that I did not order the STS either. It seems really expensive and I am waiting to hear the reviews from you all.

I really need to get to bed earlier.:( I am tired.

Shana - the hands are terrible, which isn't helping with the sleep. But thanks for asking!:p

Okay today was one of those mornings that I fought everything, my mp3 player, my equipment, my workout space, my dvd player and my HRM. So to say the least I did not get in as much as I wanted to. I cut the cardio a little short and didn't add any additional stretches.

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squat
8/8/8 - 26's
BB Bench Dips
15/15/14 - 55# ***Switched to dips off the bench to help take the stress off my shoulders I feel doing regular dips***

Superset B
Chin Ups w/ Knee ups
8/8/7 ***One more rep on first two sets***
DB Step UPs
8/8/8 - 31's

Superset C
Hanging Knee Raises
8/8/8 ***Again switching from the SB Jackknifes***
X-Body Mountain Climbers
12/12/12 per side
Side Plank w/ leg raise
10/10/10 per side

Then interval cardio at 60/60 ratio for 6 rounds doing Core Repeaters around the step like in LIC. Then the stretch segment from Amy's 10 Minute Solutions Tone Trouble Spots Band Workout.

Ally: Precision Nutrition is what PN means.

Linda: Sorry your hands are still bothering you.

Must go, kids are yelling.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just been at doctors office and hospital for most of the day. Tired of being there and seeing half dead people. Pretty worn out and tired of being in such places. Still gonna do my cardio coach workout whether I can bring it or not cuz last night was rough and little sleep. Bobby has what is called an acute cough and nothing more. His airways are hypersensitive right now and sometimes will close and that is what caused the blackouts. At this point, his coughing is still bad, but he is no longer blacking out...thank goodness. Just want things to be back to normal and soon.

Shana,

Got your message. I told Bobby about it. He hates turmeric. Had it once, but I am gonna try to sneak some in his tea and see if he hollars. hehe.

Thanks, guys. DH is suppose to be calling his massage therapist who helped him a lot with his back. Waiting to hear if he thinks he can help. I added all the stretching hoping it would help and it hasn't.:(

Linda,

I do hope you feel better. I am sorry it is bothering you so much.

I'm doing the same thing, Sonya. After Saturday I'll be taking a week off but I do plan to stick with cardio and do yoga as well. I really need the break.

Debbie...I was hoping to do a 12 week rotation but I better listen to my body! Yoga sounds like a good plan. I usually stretch after each workout but some full-deep body stretching would be good!....and a massage!

Okay today was one of those mornings that I fought everything, my mp3 player, my equipment, my workout space, my dvd player and my HRM. So to say the least I did not get in as much as I wanted to. I cut the cardio a little short and didn't add any additional stretches.

Linda....and you still did your workout! That's determination! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.