Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 1/18

orphylea

Cathlete
Good morning maniac friends!

It's a rest day here, but DH and I are going to do some 1RMs this afternoon. My biceps finally have recovered from my workout on Wednesday! :eek: I love it! It's sick how much I love DOMS.

Suz: Over training is an easy thing to do-- I am a chronic under eater after years of dieting (bad, bad, bad). I always read stuff about it to DH and he nods like, yeah, that's you.

Shana: How is BFFM going? I'm getting through it- really interesting read. He really makes sense. I am trying to meaningfullly read it though- stopping to do calculations and starting a spreadsheet with some info on my most common foods. So it's taking a while to read the whole thing.

Charlotte: I hope you guys had a good night.

BBL- everyone have a good day!

Morning Maniacs! Up early as CARMA won't EVER let me sleep in! Every weekend I get up and say, "I'm going to kill you", as I let her out. She likes to pull doubles too...goes out to pee, comes in for a treat...goes out to do her other stuff, comes in for treat...it's exhausting!:p Today is a rest day, but I am feeling the freak, so I will probably end up doing something.:p This rotation calls for 2 rest days and I don't think I need 2.

Patty, have fun testing out your 1MR today.

Char- How is Bobby today? I hope they come up with something to help him tomorrow. Geez! What a nightmare for you all.

Suz-
That's a great book isn't it? Every tweak and injury and non-progress we get is because we jump in full force to fast and skip over the base training part (it's hard to even say that word, it's so boring). My dh is more guilty of this than I am. You have to prepare your body and joints for what's to come. It goes the same for weight training to, I'd think.

ETA: Yesterday I did CLX Burn it off and Recharge...Then went and ate. Got a Lettuce wedge and boy was that not worth it. Felt jipped and starving after. Had to have some of dd fries just to sustain myself.:p

ETA again: Looks like this smilie with his tongue sticking out is my fav.:p:p

Last edited:
Today is my rest day. Thank God. My legs are still screaming at me! :eek:

Diane Sue - When I get STS I'll preview it and see if it's something I want to tackle. I probably should because it's the same kind of rotation I'll be doing anyways. I will see. Hope we get them soon.

Char - How is Bobby today? I think that hospital is wrong and I just feel it's something more then a respirtory infection. DH gets those every March through June and he never coughs so much that he blacks out. Something isn't right there. Stupid doctors.

Linda - I pm'd you.

Morning Maniacs!

Up every two hours making hot tea to quiet Bobby's cough and then after 3:30 he finially was able to sleep til 7:45, and so did I. Weird, cuz I feel like I have lots of energy and so much interrupted sleep. Plan on doing the cardio coach today..not sure which one though and work abs while my daughter stays upstairs with Bobby. His coughing fits have improved, but only slightly. He is still blacking out, but not for very long. Yesterday was worse. That is the thing with this...it is so all over the place..one day not as bad and then WHAM again. I just think it is weird that nothing was found or done at the hospital. Reminds of the show Mystery Diagnosis where they keep sending people home and telling them there is nothing wrong when there is. We should find out something tomorrow. I have never seen this side of my husband before...just seems so helpless. Very frustrating to go thru this.

I'll try to be back later today, but probably not going to be on tomorrow as we have that doctor's visit, etc.

Good morning!

Today is my rest day. See, the nice thing about being back to work was doing all of my workouts and having nothing to make up today. :) We all know our bodies need that full day of rest. My back seems a bit better too so it will be interesting to see how I feel when I lift again tomorrow. NO DEADS for awhile though - and light when I go back.

Patti - You know what was interesting was when I was diagnosed with overtraining at the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine in May (the place started by Andy Pruitt), they never mentioned the eating part of it. Granted, the way that I trained, above my LT on every single ride, was the real focus, but I was surprised they didn't bring it up. At the time I was there I was literally starving myself to stay thin at 5'8" and 110 (as opposed to the whopping 113 I'm at now! :p), but they never weighed me. I'm sure they see skinny cyclists by the hundreds all the time. But in reading that section in the book he talks about the lack of food being one of the causes of overtraining. That was really interesting to me. It is a bad cycle to get into, isn't it? I'm really going to try to fuel my body better this year. My sports med doc told me getting so thin is bad for your joints too - i.e., the knee trouble I was having. I need to get back to reading BFFM. You all inspired me to start reading it again. So much to read, so little time! Good luck with your 1RMs today!

Dallys - I feel your pain!!! Amber wakes the other dogs up at 5 so they can eat. But I make them go out first. They run down the deck stairs and right back up. I feed them and then they go back out to really "go". Then they come back in and everybody gets to sleep in the bed after that (DH's decision, NOT mine). But guess who can't sleep anymore? ME! Because I'm the one who's been up already. ARGH! Yes, I love that book. I skip all the bike fit stuff b/c our bike shop fits me. And they're getting a computer like they have at Boulder so I can get an even better fit. But I love all of the other stuff. I hope I can do it all right this season. You??? Are you going to be smart? You're kind of a maniac!!!!! I think this :p:p:p is my fav too. :p We tend to use it a lot. :p

Debbie - I hope you enjoy your rest day. I can't wait to see what kind of results you get with STS! I know everyone will miss your rotations. I'm just lucky to be in the same check-in with you. :D

I'll try to post my workouts again this week. It's going to be a crazy week at work again. I have a bunch of meetings again and just SO MUCH WORK piling up. My camps are picking up speed. My summer semester stuff is all due soon. I have more projects coming up. I'm happy about that - hopefully that means job security, right??!! I think our area is in good shape because it is growing, but you really just never know. I just wish that everybody was safe.

Morning Maniacs!

Up every two hours making hot tea to quiet Bobby's cough and then after 3:30 he finially was able to sleep til 7:45, and so did I. Weird, cuz I feel like I have lots of energy and so much interrupted sleep. Plan on doing the cardio coach today..not sure which one though and work abs while my daughter stays upstairs with Bobby. His coughing fits have improved, but only slightly. He is still blacking out, but not for very long. Yesterday was worse. That is the thing with this...it is so all over the place..one day not as bad and then WHAM again. I just think it is weird that nothing was found or done at the hospital. Reminds of the show Mystery Diagnosis where they keep sending people home and telling them there is nothing wrong when there is. We should find out something tomorrow. I have never seen this side of my husband before...just seems so helpless. Very frustrating to go thru this.

I'll try to be back later today, but probably not going to be on tomorrow as we have that doctor's visit, etc.

Charlotte - Sounds like the good ol days of trying to sleep with a newborn, huh? Not that I would know, but... :) I'm glad you still have some energy. And I'm glad the appointment is tomorrow. Good thing they're open and that it's not closed for MLK Day. That would suck to have to wait another day!!! I hope they give you some news. Hang in there!

Afternoon:D

I just finished CC#8 need to get ready to pick up my client I will ttyg later.

Stat:
60 minutes
4:68 cals burned
4.23 miles

I did it! And I'm still alive! I rode the bike for 1 hr. at a steady easy pace! Took all the mental power I possess;). Really, it wasn't so bad. I watched Lisa Shaffer's Kettlebell clinic, the Press and Squat sections. I got off the bike a few times to practice a move. I then did a stretch from Squeeze Stronger (stretches in the original are much better) and then the Shoulder Drills from TBS.

Dallys - I feel your pain!!! Amber wakes the other dogs up at 5 so they can eat. But I make them go out first. They run down the deck stairs and right back up. I feed them and then they go back out to really "go". Then they come back in and everybody gets to sleep in the bed after that (DH's decision, NOT mine). But guess who can't sleep anymore? ME! Because I'm the one who's been up already. ARGH! Yes, I love that book. I skip all the bike fit stuff b/c our bike shop fits me. And they're getting a computer like they have at Boulder so I can get an even better fit. But I love all of the other stuff. I hope I can do it all right this season. You??? Are you going to be smart? You're kind of a maniac!!!!! I think this :p:p:p is my fav too. :p We tend to use it a lot. :p

Same here. Carma is allowed to get on the bed in the morning. Why we came up with that rule, I'll never know.:p I'm going to try and be smart with the training. Base training the rest of January anyways:p. I wish I could get a good bike fit somewhere. Dh is measuring me and my bike constantly, LOL! I'd love to go to the Boulder Medical thingymajig and get all tested and fitted. You are so lucky!

Afternoon:D

I just finished CC#8 need to get ready to pick up my client I will ttyg later.

Stat:
60 minutes
4:68 cals burned
4.23 miles

What is your job? Always so mysterious with the picking up of the client;):p. Great job on CC#8. I need to get that one.

Later...gotta shower and then hit Walmart. Funsies, I know.

Hi maniacs! Home from church and waiting for girlfriend to call to go have lunch. Will do a cardio workout this afternoon. Have DOMS in lower body from yesterdays workout so not sure what I will do today. I haven't tried out Low Max or KPC yet....

Char...I sure hope the doctor's are able to tell you what the heck is going on. It must be so frustrating to not be getting any answers when it is obvious there is something wrong! Prayers and hugs!

Patti...I took my time too when reading BFFM as I took notes and did all the calculations along the way. In regards to undereating...I know I should be eating at least an additional 500 calories a day with the workouts I am doing but that is easier said than done. I was talking to my friend who owns NutriShop (he is a professional bodybuilder) and he said to continue to try to increase my caloric intake but not to stress too much since I'm not losing weight. He suggested having a protein shake before bed since there are no carbs in the mix I use. I'm just thankful I don't have to take in what he does daily....4,000 calories!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Dally...I'm lucky. Jake pretty much waits until I get up before needing to go out.. He does sometimes (not too often) wake me up at 2:00 a.m.!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just managed to squeeze in alittle cardio coach #1 w/Sean. I only did 35 mins though as I can't leave Bobby alone for too long and my daughter took off to get groceries for me.

Burned 269 cals
Time 35 mins
Traveled 3.4 mi.

Gonna do abs later, but will do them on my own.

Sonya,

Thanks!

I'm so tickeled pink here (insert sarcasm to the max here). I have a nice new virus on my computer:eek::rolleyes::mad:. Oh the joy! If I end up missing, you all will no why. So ticked!:mad: Plus, I hate Walmart and wanted to hurt people in there. My mood is spiraling down..........

Dally...I'm lucky. Jake pretty much waits until I get up before needing to go out.. He does sometimes (not too often) wake me up at 2:00 a.m.!

You are lucky! What kind of dog do you have? I get the 2:00am wake up occasionally too.:eek: Oh! And when you do the quote thingy, make sure you leave the quote in the brackets at the end of a persons comments. I noticed you are still screwing up on that.:p

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just managed to squeeze in alittle cardio coach #1 w/Sean. I only did 35 mins though as I can't leave Bobby alone for too long and my daughter took off to get groceries for me.

Great going getting in a workout with all that's going on. It's nice your daughter is there to help. It really is like you are looking after an infant. Poor guy.:(

Hello all - Happy Sunday :)

Charlotte- I am so sorry Bobby is still feeling so horrid and blacking out. I looked it up online - seems that it is somewhat common - I had never even heard about it. Not enough oxygen getting to the brain. Did they mention that as the cause? My brother is a HUGE believer in turmeric - it helps with a lot, including coughing. I know you are into the natural cures - have you tried that? If not, it couldn't hurt...I think Lance (my brother) mixes it with milk and something.

Patti - yes, I am still trodding on with BFFM. You are right - he makes so much sense. Just wish I had more time to really focus on reading it for a long span of time. You are obviously further than me as I've not gotten to anyplace where a spreadsheet would be helpful! I'll work on catching up!

Suz - I did not realize you are 5'8". My problem when I weighed so little was that I did not weight work so I had no muscle mass and looked like purely a sack of bones. It was not pretty!! I don't eat enough either, although I am getting better. I think what saves me is that I eat nuts throughout the day and really, really try to get my protein in, even though it isn't enough, I know. I love fruits and veggies, and drink my protein shakes. My main issue is that when I eat all of this healthy stuff, my tummy gets bloated so easily and then I feel fat :confused:

Sonya - your leg workout looked awesome yesterday! I am now on the lookout for a back issue of Oxygen Glutes. I found one from last year on ebay that I'm going to bid on. I was going to comment on something else you said yesterday, I think it was, but surely no longer have a clue as to what that was!

Dallys - I know what you mean about making it stay at an EASY pace on the bike...just is not that easy to do! Mark, however, has no problem with that so we never ride together and if we do, he makes me wear myself out on a long, hot ride first ;) Oh, excuse me...:p Ha ha - just for you!

Today is going to be legs and abs - I want my legs to be screaming at me too! Then I am going to make myself catch up on some work - yuck.

Dallys - I know what you mean about making it stay at an EASY pace on the bike...just is not that easy to do! Mark, however, has no problem with that so we never ride together and if we do, he makes me wear myself out on a long, hot ride first Oh, excuse me... Ha ha - just for you!

Thanks for the :p. My dh is a complete maniac on a bike. No way can I keep up with him. He has all that "natural endurance" crap going on. I hate him for that and tell him every ride, lol. I am so not a natural endurance type person. I fight every inch of the way. Doing a steady easy pace on the bike in the basement with no variety (riding outside is so much more fun, not to mention, you actually go somewhere) is like poking bamboo shoots under my finger nails. I need someone like coach Sean to help me through, so this will be tough. What type riding to you do?

OH NO! There is my computer virus acting up again and shouting at me! WTF? The voices...the voices.....:eek:

Today is a rest day for me. I ran some errands after church. Been sitting on my backside most of the day LOL

Charlotte, I hope you get some answers soon.

Suz, good for you having a rest day. Be careful with the back. I think a lot of us have a tendency to overtrain at times. My last rotation was so obviously overtraining. I should know better at my age.

Dallys, I found my dogs learned a schedule so I gradually increased there wake up time to as late as I can on weekdays which is around 7 am. On weekends they are patient till around 8 then I start hearing whining. Usually I am awake then anyway.

Debbie, I hope you decide to do STS with everyone else:D I am still trying to get rid of this knee problem though so it may be hard for me. I may have to skip workouts which really stinks. I am going to really work hard on this till I get the STS dvds.

Shana, I keep all of those special issues of Oxygen magazine. I have quite a pile now.

Sonya, Low Max is a surprising calorie burner. I like it a lot.

Teddy, good job on CC.

Diane Sue,

Thanks! I will be sure to let you know when I do. He is doing better today though so I am wondering how tonight will be. He has only blacked out a few times, but that is still too many times.

Shana,

My son's name is Lance. Cool. I do have some turmeric. Bobby is fussy. Not sure I will be able to give it to him. I have a Natural Remedy book that says to use Cayenne Pepper mixed with lemon juice and honey. I wanted to buy him some mint tea to sip on instead of the plain kind. I know mint will open things up too, but alas...fussy fussy husband. Keeping my fingers crossed as he is doing better.

You are lucky! What kind of dog do you have? I get the 2:00am wake up occasionally too.:eek: Oh! And when you do the quote thingy, make sure you leave the quote in the brackets at the end of a persons comments. I noticed you are still screwing up on that.:p

Dally's.....LOL! I am so "duh, McFly" when it comes to this whole dang quote thingy! :p I TRY but never get it right! I have a 2 1/2 year old black lab! He is my baby!

Ok gals.....I did NOT workout today AND I had 2 glasses of wine at lunch! :eek: I have been so strict with my diet since December 1st....I want pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's rationalize....I have tomorrow off so I could do cardio in the a.m. and chest, shoulders and triceps in the p.m. Hmmmm.......... or I could say "screw it" and that's that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Sonya, I have not had pizza in a very long time other than some that I made from the recipe you posted. Tonight I ordered Dominos and ate a whole medium cheese thin crust pizza by myself:eek: That was almost all of my calories for the day. Lunch was a low carb tortilla veggie wrap. That's it. I don't feel guilty. I filled my pizza cravings for awhile. Will workout and eat clean the rest of the week. Turkey breast is planned for dinner tomorrow:D

Charlotte, any blackouts is not right. I am glad he is doing better today but something needs to give.

Last edited:
Diane Sue.... Glad I am not alone in these cravings! Like you, besides the homemade pizza I made, I don't remember the last time I ate pizza! I know that one or two slices is not going to hurt me. It's not like I eat pizza every day! Everything else I ate today, besides the wine...wait that has antioxidants, right? ;) was healthy, so.......... I ordered pizza and enjoyed every bite of it!!!!!! I will work a bit harder tomorrow!

Dally's.....LOL! I am so "duh, McFly" when it comes to this whole dang quote thingy! :p

I had 2 glasses of wine at lunch! :eek:
And you are still screwing up with the quotes! What are we going to do with you? I'm sure the wine is the culprit.;)

Oh! Good news! Computer virus is gone. My nieces boyfriend fixed it for me. It was this weird audio talking with no pop-up kind of thing. Frightening (shutter).

And another Oh! I also had pizza today. Dh makes it, so I'm a loser with the pizza restraint. That's why I'm all fat and stuff.:p

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.