Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 05/07

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to drop in and post quick before going to my all day seminar - blah!!

This morning was 4DS Cardio Premix, and I added 30 min of Imax 3 as well. I will be sitting ALL DAY, so I figured a little extra cardio would be good - and I couldn't wait to check out Imax 3 - LOL.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and I will check back in this evening!!

Cheryl :)

Yesterday I did HiiT 40/20 and this morning I tried Jari Love's Ripped 1000. All I can say is it was kind of weird. Way to much time between cardio & weights spent stretching I like to keep the HR up. Tricep work was almost non-existent , 32 reps of overhead extension with a 5# db? And Jari comes across to me like she is trying to be sexy, no thanks.

Today was cardio and I did the 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp Cardio premix. Had fun, liked this one. The bootcamp workout is just fun. Sweated like crazy by the end.

HR STATS:
55 minutest total
9 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
31 minutes above zone
422 calories burned

Tomorrow is the original Cathe's Bootcamp workout. :eek:

I'm a little skeered. Haven't done that workout in literally YEARS!

Cheryl - Nice job on your cardio this morning! How did you like Imax 3? I need to pull that one out again. I remember really liking the step portion of the workout.

Linda - I did one Jari Love workout and I sold it the minute I got done with it. I don't like her at all, and her workouts are a joke. Sorry to those who like her, no offense meant. I just don't like her.

Hi to everyone! Not sure I'll be back on today. Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!

Cheryl-ugh to sitting all day. I cannot stay awake if I sit, good luck :)

Debbie-I like that premix quite a bit. And the original bootcamp is great, but I like non stop stuff. Good luck :eek:

Linda-I replied on facebook, but I agree about Jari sort of....I did the extremely ripped 1000 and I did burn almost that calorie wise (I think it was 900 something if memory serves me right). She is sort of annoying, but I try not to listen to her. Now Chalean is one that I did not care for at ALL. The Chalean extreme was painful for me. I wanted to like it b/c I heard so many people getting great results, but oy......

Good Morning -

Cardio and biceps/triceps today. No workout last night, I had way too much work to do and also a weird stomach ache. I'm fine this morning, though :D.

Cheryl - That was quite a workout :eek: ! I think sitting all day is one of the hardest thing's there is to do. Hope the seminar's at least interesting and you have a good day :D.

Linda - I have mixed feelings about Jari, too. I don't have that particular workout but tend to just use sections out of the one's that I do own. Some are better than others and I've definitely had to adjust the weights. I did just order one of her newer DVD's. Diane Sue has Extremely Ripped 1000 - as more of a cardio workout she says is really quite good. I wonder that you must get tired of being asked how your shoulder/arm is doing, so I'll just say I hope it's feeling better. I can't remember exactly when you go in for testing. I thought that was maybe today? Hope they find some solutions :D .

Debbie - I'm going to have to try that premix. 4DS sure has tons of them :eek: I've been eyeing up the original Bootcamp, too. I'll bet it's been over a year since I've done it. Hope you have a great day ;) .

Theresa - I saw your post last night. Thanks :) - thought it was sort of ironic that they wanted to give me BC pills right when you were going through your struggles. I am so glad you got off those things! I'm probably a bit fanatical in my aversion to them. When my mom was only 36 she had a massive stroke. It paralyzed her entire left side and did serious brain damage. It left her with mental problems similar to those of late stage Alzheimer's. The doc's were reasonably sure the blood clot and severity of the stroke were traceable to the BC pills she was taking. This was a long time ago, and I'm ever assured that BC pills are much safer now. Still, when they put my mom on them, I assume that they didn't think they were doing something unsafe. I just think there are too many variables and unknowns for it to be a good idea to mess with something as powerful as hormone's, etc. They really scare me (BC pills). I only mention this because I don't think a lot of the medical community takes this stuff serious enough. I'm not slamming medicine at large (my Pop is a retired MD), but too many Dr's seem so self-assured about things that are beyond the scope of their knowledge (IMO). Even with my mom's tragedy as part of my medical history, I can't count how many times it's been suggested to me that I should try BC pills for a handful of different reasons. When I've explain why I'm hesitant to do this, I've always been assured that my fears are unfounded. How do they know there isn't a genetic similarity that might make them unsafe for me, even as they've been so "improved?" It's just nuts to me. Sorry for my rant, but your situation combined with my crappy (unhelpful) visit to the Doc this week has me a little ... perturbed :mad:

Anyway (*ahem*) - If I remember, I think Diane Sue said something about doing a Tonique DVD not too long ago. That's where I first heard of them. They look great :D !! I'm interested to hear what you (or anyone else) think about them, though I won't be ordering anything for quite some time. I'm making an investment in this interactive hands-on workout program: New Roof 101. Mixed reviews - some question about the fun factor :confused: Hope you are enjoying your much needed time off.

Hope everyone has a good workout and Friday -

Lori

Last edited:
Debbie - I only choose it today because I was looking for a circuit workout using light weights, trying not to overwork the shoulder. I skipped most of the stretching in between to keep it moving which kept HR up there pretty good. But she is completely annoying.

Theresa
- If Jari said that I was "burning carbs" one more time I think I may have puked. What's the woman got against carbs anyway, besides I'd rather burn fat!:p I've only done Turbo Jam from Chalean, while she's not my favorite she's better that Jari in my book at this point.

Lori - Shoulder is okay, the EMG is Monday and I haven't heard from my doctor about the MRI yet. I only tried the Jari workout trying to be kind to my shoulder. Because I am about to go outside and start digging.:confused:

Linda-she said that....about the carbs? WTF :confused: I can see why she is not your fave. I agree, fat burning is better :eek:

Lori-you stated exactly what I think, and I can COMPLETELY understand your aversion to taking BC. I'm sorry that happened to your mother. I'm looking into the bioidentical hormones and the doc I see next Friday works with them. I have also been told about a progresterone cream that worked wonders for a gal I know. I think when things change with your body, it's trying to tell you something. And throwing meds like band-aids is not the answer. The drug commercials scare me b/c they go on and on and on about possible side effects, why would I want to take anything that could potentially make me feel worse.

I started with BOSU Explode Burn workout 66 minutes 361 calories(43 less than the last time hmm) Max HR was 146 and I know my HR was higher last time too. Must have worked it harder.He does a lot of explaining and it goes on a 20sec work 20 sec rest theme so I end up doing stuff to keep the hr up. It is on circuit 4 that he uses a second bosu but I do the lunge hops on the one. I also added a weight over my hips on the hip raises. Circuit 5 is with the stability ball with the sand in it so I wore my weighted gloves. I really like the work in this one when he uses two balls. On one move you put your arms on the balls. then do a scissoring motion with your hands while in a plank.
I then dis M&F Tabata workout 5 biceps and forearms 30 minutes 168 calories. I took the girls to school and came back and did Explode Amped stopping after 34 minutes and doing the cooldown and adding the c/d stretch from fusion as well 45 minutes and 275 calories Max HR 160. Total workout time today was 2 hr 21 minutes. I kind of got carried away when I started playing with the amped workout LOL Total calories was 804. For the slingshot I used tubing and looped it around part of my heavybag stand and looped a belt through the other handle to put around my waist. This worked but I think next time I will go a little heavier tubing. Also doing this I had to have my back to the television. The first 30 minutes of this workout there is no use of the slingshot.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having a great day so far. I'm pretty happy that I got to sleep as late as I wanted today, which was 9 o clock. I still felt (feel) kind of run down, but I think I did sleep enough and it's just due to the week I've had, which has been physically and emotionally draining. I teach too much (3 schools) and that's the problem, but as an adjunct college instructor, I kind of have to in order to covery my booty. We get very little in the way of job security and no guarantees that are job will still be there from one semester to the next. We also don't make as much per class as tenure track professors. So, it's necessary to have a little more work than you need so if one school doesn't come through for you a particular semester, you have back up.

Anyway, I've not been sleeping much or working out much this week, but Tuesday I went to yoga class and yesterday I did through the second combo of CCC and then the floor part of Gym Style Legs. Between the dvds I did three rounds of boat pose and levitation holds. I will do something today, but I haven't yet. It might not be much because my mommy is flying in to visit me today (yesssssssssssss!) and I have to get things ready. I want to try to get some school work in, too, so I don't have to do much when she's here.

Cheryl---what's your seminar on? Sitting all day is so tedious; I hope you're seminar is at least interesting!

Linda, I've never tried Jari Love, but I think I'd be annoyed by the trying to be sexy bit. I used to have this workout by some super model...Cindy whats her name or something. It was one of my first workouts. Every now and then there'd be these cuts to her drinking water but it would go from color to black and white and it kinda looked like they were trying to throw in a music video or something. It was definitely an eye-rolling moment for me.

Lori, that's awful what happened to your mom. I've never heard of such a thing happening, but it does show that there's just lots of things they can't predict, and things that will react in totally unexpected ways, as you said, many variables. Personally, I've never used any sort of bc like the pill, shot, etc, because it just seems wierd to mess with your body in that way...I don't know. I know a lot of people use them and like them; it's always just seemed too unnatural to me. Granted, I've never looked into them thoroughly because the idea has just always seemed so foreign, so I suppose I'm rather ignorant on the subject, but still, I've just never been interested in such a thing.

Hermia - Your work schedule sounds nuts, but I can understand why you have to do what your doing. Enjoy your time with Mom. My mom lives three miles from me so I see her ALL the time.:p

Theresa
- Yes, she must have referred to "we're burning carbs (or carbohydrates)" at least 6 times. :rolleyes:

Today was 4DS cardio premix and tomorrow, Debbie, is bootcamp and sadly the end of the rotation. I so enjoyed the rotation is your new one ready??

Linda that's so cool you live close to your mom I wish I lived close to mine! My sister lives in the same town as mom, and ironically they don't see much of each other. Mom complains about it all the time.

I finished my workout, the upper body push/pull premix on muscle max. Not a great workout week, but mom wants to go on a hike when she's here, and possibly a yoga class, so that will give me a chance to get a bit more in. Mom works out at home with dvds, too, so she may want to do that as well. =)

Hermia, It gets better, I have two sisters and one lives right next door to my mom and the other one lives between me and my mom, so I live the farthest away at 3 miles.:p Cool that your mom likes working out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.