Hardcore Fitness Maniac Machines 4/25/07

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Doing shoulders/abs and legs today. On my own until May then start a rotation of some kind.

Getting shades put in today!!!!!!! YEAH!!

Charlotte~~

Last time with this ridiculous explosive crap. Did shoulders today and used weights a little heavier then I was suppose too. My bad...

Shoulders:
Barbell Press: 55# - 3 sets/5 reps explosive
Wide Grip Upright Rows: 50# - 3 sets/5 reps explosive
Lateral Raise: 15's - 3 sets/5 reps explosive

Traps:
Barbell Shrugs - 90# - 3 sets/10 reps explosive

Then I did Cardio Coach #1. Quick, excellent workout. For some reason today I just felt awesome on my treadmill. I felt like I should have been running faster even though I got my HR up to zone 4 with each challenge and I should have only gone to zone 3. Weird thing is, it didn't feel like I was in my zone 4. Felt awesome!

Workout was 38 min., was in my zone for 29 minutes and burned 229 calories. If I remember to, I need to do my abs tonight. I ran out of time.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Hi Ladies
Last night did Gym style shoulders and back. This morning was Kick Max low impact timesaver and KPC punching and kicking combos plus abs.
Have a good day everyone:)
Randi

Good Morning, today is step and abs. I will probably do some stretch/yoga. I have a few errands and housework to do.

Charlotte, yeah on getting your windows covered. No more crawling on the floor. LOL

Debbie, I don't blame you for going a little heavier. I hate feeling like I am wasting my time on a workout.

Randi, good workout:)

Hi to everyone
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

They came today and putting fence together..rails. Don't have to chase dogs around neighborhood. Was suppose to be tomorrow, but YEAH FOR TODAY!!!!!

My legs are still sore from two days ago. Just did ab ripperx this morning. I am alittle rusty..was hard for the first time. WHAT???? lol

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Hoping for a Mt. Bike ride later today. I feel kind of sluggish and think maybe a cold is coming on...CHAR!

Char- Cool you are getting the fence all done and the blinds. Pervs will just have to go elsewhere. LOL! I'm in limbo too, waiting until May for a real rotation. I'm not doing well without a set plan.

Debbie-Nice workout! What's next on your rotation? Is it the Supersets?

Randi-Great workout as usual.:)

Diane Sue- Enjoy your workout today.

Hi to Everyone else.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Morning all..
I have the worst luck in the world. my water heater is acting up at work. Land lord is useless. DH bought me an element and said here is how to change it. Not me. I don't do electric.. Pray it is ok till fri...

Last night was cc#2 on the eliptical and i did another 1/2 hr on the treadmill. I can only handle 30 on the eliptical. My toes get numb.

Tonite is legs. Either PS legs or B&G . Not sure...

Char, don't you like walking around in your birthday suit with no blinds????
...@@....

Hello everyone...Check back later

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Hello Maniacs!!

This morning I did LIC cardio only and then did the blast again as an add-on. I did a bicep workout at lunch after a warmup on the elliptical.

Toasty - glad you got windows covered and that you don't have to chase dogs anymore...woo-hoo!!

Anne - sorry bout the water heater....that sucks. Hope it makes it through the week.

Debbie - the workout you did sounds interesting...how does one do an explosive chest press?

Hi Randi! I have a niece with the same name except it's spelled Randee...love that name for a girl/lady.

Dallys - Hope you're not catching a cold. did you get to ride?

Have a good evening!

~Marietta

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Bionics,

Sorry..shouldn't have sneezed on you the other day. Oops.

Ya'll gonna laugh...so the fence is up now. Took dogs out and Stinky goes right to the end of the fence and just has her nose up on it as if fence is suppose to move for her. lol. Cracked me up to see that. So cute. Speck is just trying to find an escape route. When I have time, I will take Ms. Pudd out there with me when I can watch her. Not sure she can jump over the fence..she is getting rather chunky and her jumping abilities are limited.

I just hauled 4 truck loads of stuff from FIL's back to home..lawnmower, tools, shovels, bikes and such...I worked my shoulders using the bikes like upright rows in the truck and out. lol. Shoulder work is done then! lol

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! Went for a short 1 hr.ride. Weather is absolutley perfect today. 70 degrees, very light breeze. Just finished washing off patio furniture.

If anyone is interested. Tony Horton posted a "traveling workout" on his "Tony's corner". It is a circuit workout. It might be nice to save and print out for future use or use just for fun with some Blastin' tunes!

Here's Tony's post:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Travelin' folks find it difficult at times to set up their laptops and jump around to P90X® in their hotel rooms. Quite often the people in the rooms below you aren't as thrilled about your fitness as you are at 7:00 AM. I created a workout for road warriors who don't want to miss a beat while traveling. The original title was "The Warrior Workout." Then I was calling it "The Hotel Room Workout." But this didn't seem right because you can do it anywhere. The people in those rooms below weren't always a fan of this one either. The new title is "The Traveler's Workout" because all you need is a space the size of a small workout mat, and you can do it anywhere in the world.

The workout is made up of four rounds with four exercises in each round. There is a fifth bonus round with four moves. The first exercise in each round is always a one-minute cardio move. The second exercise is always core/abs. The third is legs, and the last move in each round is always upper body.

Here it is:

Round 1

Run in Place: ~1 minute
Elbow-to-Knee Crunch: ~1 minute (just like in Power 90)
Squats: ~30 reps (just like in Power 90)
Push-Ups: Maximum reps that you can do while maintaining good form

Round 2

Jumping Jacks: ~1 Minute
Hip Rock Raise: ~30 reps (Power 90 version or P90X®-style)
Step-Back Lunges: ~30 reps (from a standing position step back into crescent pose, minus the arms. Alternate legs.)
Military Push-Ups: Maximum reps that you can do while maintaining good form

Round 3

Tires on Fire: ~1 minute (running in place with wide legs and high knees)
Crunchy Frog: ~30 reps (see P90X)
Run-Stance Squat Switch: ~30 reps (looks like squats but you're switching feet to a fighter's stance on every rep)
Wide Push-Ups: Maximum reps that you can do while maintaining good form

Round 4

Fast Feet: ~1 minute
Mason Twist: ~30 reps (see P90X)
Plio Squat with Calf Raise: ~30 reps (wide squats with toes raised at the top. Reach up with both arms at the top.)
Switch-Hand Push-Ups: Maximum reps that you can do while maintaining good form (one arm does a military push-up while the other arm is doing a wide push-up. Switch after each rep.)

Bonus Round

Wacky Jacks: ~1 minute (see Power Half Hour®)
Roll Up/V Up: ~30 reps (more P90X stuff)
Super Skater: ~20 reps each leg (from P90X)
Side Tri-Rises: Maximum reps that you can do while maintaining good form (from P90X)

All these moves are found in Power 90, Power Half Hour, or P90X. If you don't have PHH or P90X, don't try to figure out some of this stuff. Just do anything you want as long as you keep the sequence of cardio, core, legs, and push-ups the same.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi, I ended up doing my shopping before I really ate lunch. I wanted to get things done. Today I did AMy Bento Pump and Step w/up and step only then did I Max2 starting after the w/up, then I spent 10 minutes doing various planks on the wobble board with a weight on my back, then one leg planks on the ball and doing the roll in like in Oxygen Magazine, then I did Tracey's Sweatfest ab blaster, Cathe's B&G abs on ball adding some resistence, finished with eion Finn's PYFH yoga quickie.

Charlotte, that is funny about your dogs and the fence.

Dallys, I will have to print out that travlers workout. I always hated wacky jacks LOL Maybe that means I need to do them more.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.