Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties Weekend June 20-21st

buttercup78

Cathlete
Okay, so it's Saturday and I woke up at 7:15???? Oh well, I'm about to do Art of Strength Newport for the first time and then I'm off to run errands. Hope everyone has a great day and great workouts.
Theresa

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday completed everything I wanted to:
Cardio Coach #7 burned 454 cals, was gonna do Step Blast but decided on bike ride afterall with son, in the evening..we went 12 miles. Beautiful evening. Did my weight work mid day:

LEGS: (2 min rest inbetween)

Squats 180# 3/6
Deads 130# 3/8
Sissy Squats 3/10
Firewalkers 4/16
Leg Ext 100# 3/8 (dropped last set to 90#)

This morning going to meditation class. Need to get my cd someone borrow and a book and then I am gonna stop going. Just not getting much from it anymore and I have no time for working out..usually. Today though I will have the time since my husband is not home. I will do cardio coach 6 and work abs.

Theresa,

Nice to see you on here. We have not met before. have a great day!

I haven't started my workout yet. I have been looking for something to send my Dad for father's day but I think it is too late. I am going to have to send a late card with a gift card or something:eek: My mind has been on too many other things. This morning I am going to do Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt fitness and work abs. I wanted to do a kettlebell workout but for some reason my shoulder and elbow is hurting and I think that aggravates it. Hopefully the workout helps my mood. I feel a little down this morning. Between thinking about my Dad, moving and the fact I realized I am turning 57 this summer:eek: I guess it is just one of those days. Sorry to vent so much:eek: I will check back later.

Toasty
Sorry to use your sign on name but I do not know your name. It's nice to meet you as well. Great job on the workout, I hope you accomplish what you set out to do...I think you are definetely on the right track. Do you have a road bike or moutain bike? I'm thinking of getting a bike, but I don't think I will travel too far from home. My husband is an avid cyclist, I would like to use one of his bikes, but I think he is being a bit stingy:)

Diane Sue-
I have seen that you are between homes, eating different, and total chaos essentially, so it's no wonder for the mood. I think when you are settled in your new home and get back on your schedule, life won't seem so heavy. And by the way, 57???? there is no freakin' way...You look amazing for ANY age. I'll be 31 in August and I have never looked like you at any age. KEEP IT UP. I think you're fantastic :)

So for my workout, I did Art of Strength Newport. I did the entire workout...yeah me. 53 minutes, 447 calories. I did not do so hot on the dive bomber push up, but push ups in general are my weakness. I need to get a heavier kettlebell-I started out very light (10 #) because I wanted to make sure I got the form down. I guess I need to step it up. I'm off to get my eyebrows done, go to home depot for paint stuff, and lunch with my sister. I hope everyone has a great weekend and a relaxing Father's day.

Today's workout ends Week 6. I'm teetering on doing some type of endurance rotation for about 4 weeks. I was thinking of doing two upper body days, 1 lower body day, one kickboxing day, one cardio coach day and one step day. Not sure yet. You all know how fond I am of endurance workouts but for some reason I have a desire to do Muscle Max and workouts like that. So I might start that on Monday. If not, I'll do two more weeks of this rotation.

It is so freakin' humid here today. One day we are freezing and the next you can't breath. :wtf: Where is the happy medium???

Today was Legs. Did supersets and was sweating buckets by the time I got done.

LEGS
SS #1
Squats: 65# - 15/15/15
superset w/
Hamstring Curls: 40# - 15/15/15
***Good combo. Went parellel with the squats. This got my HR up.

SS #2
Leg Press Station: 135# - 15/15/15
superset w/
Leg Extensions: 60# - 15/15/15
***Another good combo. Lactid acid build up big time!

SS #3
Step Ups: 15's & 5 risers - 15/15/15 each leg
superset w/
Barbell Calf Raises: 105# - 20/20/20
***This was the toughest SS. My HR was flying with this one. I really hate step ups.

That is all...

Nice workouts everyone!! Char - You kicked butt yesterday! Nice job you maniac!

Char - I can't believe you rode your bike 12 miles after that leg workout!

DianeSue
- I can only hope to look half as good as you when I am 57!

I felt like doing absolutely nothing this morning. But I pushed through and at least did something.

IMAX2 through first blast as warmup.

Two warmup sets of ten reps. :rolleyes:

DB Curls - 10's
Lying Ext - 10's

1 Pyramid Set, Rep Pattern 6, 10, 15, 6 to failure(at this point you return to the original weight you started with)

Barbell Curls
61# - 6
56 - 10
51# - 15
61# -6
***Upped all sets by 1#
superset w/
Lying Extensions
52# - 6
47# - 10
42# - 15
52# - 9
***Upped all sets by 5#

Skipped shoulders because I was in no mood to do them.

Then did 4 more combos & blasts from IMAX 2 doing intevals, 2,4,5,6. Skipped 3 because I hate it. Workout was 45 min and burned 307 calories.

And that is all..... as Debbie would say!:D

I finished my workout and feel somewhat better. I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness and burned 466 calories. Then I did her 30 minutes to fitness biceps, triceps and shoulders segment along with the abs. Those abs are non stop 10 minutes and really burn. I started with a 10# dumbbell and soon put it down. I burned 245 calories doing this. I then did Tracey Staehles Parts dvd premix pilates, abs, yoga and stretch. Total calories burned was 807 50% fat.

Teresa and Linda, thanks:) I feel somewhat better. Still feel a little off though. I am sure I will feel much better when I get moved. I feel sad for my dog Mudd. She has been staying at my other dd's house because she does not get along well with the dog here. They leave her outside most of the time and she is not used to that. I go over there and she circles me and cries and licks me and follows me everywhere. Makes me sad. I saw her yesterday and took her a busy bone.

Linda, I wasn't feeling real motivated to workout this morning either. You got in a good workout. Good for you.

Teresa, great job doing Newport. I started AOS workouts with 15# which was pretty tough since I had not been doing a lot of kettlebells before I purchased them. You get some nice core work with Newport:)

Charlotte, you were really working it doing cc#7, a 12 mile bike ride, and legs. That was some workout.

Hello Peeps!

I see you're all little workout maniacs as usual. :) I just thought I'd pop in and say hi and see what you were all up to.

DH bought a motorcycle (a Buell - made by Harley - it's a cross so it can go off road or on and we've been having a blast...I haven't gone off road with him but we go all over).

I'm still working out like a maniac too. Still dealing with my shoulder. I swear that thing! It slows my progress and really frustrates me. But I'm trying so hard to train smart. I'm so ready to go heavier on a lot of exercises but my shoulder is so NOT ready. It's amazing how many exercises involve your shoulder ...chest, back, certain bicep & tricep work. I've learned a lot about balancing out shoulder muscle development and strengthening rotator cuff muscles and PATIENCE. I've had to become quite creative in finding exercises that I CAN do so that I don't lose the muscles I've worked so hard to get.

Diane Sue - I'm so sorry about Mudd. Are Mudd and Puddle not getting along? Is this a permanent thing do you think? I'm sorry you were feeling so down today. Every once in awhile I will get freaky about my age too and I never used to. I'll be turning 47 this summer and DH made a comment not too long ago about how I looked good for almost 50! I was like, "Hey, don't rush me!" But I started thinking about how fast time goes but then, and this is the HONEST TRUTH, I always think about you and how fantastic you look and how well you take care of yourself and then I think age is just a number and I just don't worry about it anymore.

Not sure any of you will read this since it's so late (except for Diane Sue, because I know you go back and read :)) but just wanted to say hey.

Suz - do my freakishly tired eyes deceive me???! Good to see you here.

I cannot possibly type anything that will make any sense but Diane Sue - hope you have a much better day tomorrow. You look beyond terrific - and it goes beyond looks. You have so much energy and strength - age is nothing but a stupid, useless number ;)

Char - again, awesome job!

Everyone else - nice workouts. Linda - you always get it done, no matter what. On days when I am just not in the mood, I think about this group of MANIACS and push through.

I did a short workout this morning before taking my grandson to Sunday School. I will probably take Friday as a rest day this week depending on what time we sign the papers on our house. But I will be getting a workout unloading boxes:D I did Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout KO premix and core this morning which is around 45 minutes and I burned 340 calories. My son in law is grilling steaks for dinner tonight. That is what he wanted for father's day dinner:) No fried food today:D

Shana, thanks:D I am feeling better today.

Suz, I don't have Puddle now. We discovered that her shedding which is pretty bad considering that she is a short haired dog causes me to have teary eyes and cough and sneeze. I took her out daily and used my zoom groom brush on her. Our yard had a white dog hair pile in it. I would be fine when we left the house and as soon as we came home it would all start again. Then we came over here to stay with my dd and they have a golden retriever that sheds like crazy and it is starting all over. I have been taking allergy medicine but it is not helping much. Mudd sheds very little and does not seem to bother me:confused: Anyway we put out an add for Puddle. We turned some people away till we found the right home. She is with a family that has children which was a must, and another Dane. They took her on a trial basis to make sure that the dogs and children got along. I have talked to them several times since and they love her. This was something else that was hard to do. I kept putting it off trying to vacuum a lot and take medicine. Anyway I have to get going. So sorry that you are still having shoulder issues. Thank you so much. I looked at your new pictures the other day and you are doing awesome:D

Edited to add that it is my dd's golden lab that Mudd does not get along real well with. I think it is just a power struggle since she is invading Lucy's space.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone -

DH & I both did Tonya's Step Surge this morning. I burned 730 calories and got my HR up to 163 for a couple of the surges....so it was okay. We also did Dance the Chakra's Yoga Segment.

Diane Sue - I hear ya on age. I've been going thru the mid-life crisis thing for a while now. You look really good for your age! People tell me that also, but sometimes it still freaks me out that I'm going to turn 50 this October. You look much better than me and you've got a few years on me!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.