HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES TGIF

buttercup78

Cathlete
HELLO

Yesterday was STS Disc 2 and a few minutes of Cardio Abs from the Insanity Series. Workout was 1 hr and I burned 560 calories....or something very close to that.......I just blanked out :eek

Lori-No problem. Kb's have become a new favorite of mine. I wish I knew about them sooner. Also, someone told me about Jersey City CrossFit or something like that; They have some videos on KB stuff. From AOS, I have Santa Monica, Providence, Kettlebell Way (Empire State), and Newport. I have heard the Diva download and Resolution Download are pretty good. If you sign up for emails, they will send you codes for sale stuff. Totalfitnessdvds.com carries some of the AOS and they have a 10% off coupon and free shipping :D Sorry, I LOVE to enable purchases

Linda-Thanks. My burns are in direct relation to my size. I am not a small girl, so I guess that is one perk :rolleyes:

Debbie-hope you are feeling better.

Theresa

Last edited:
Hi all. I'm taking another rest day. Still not feeling so good. My ear is now blocked. I guess the Vitamin C isn't working as good as I thought it was. :( I may just take the rest of the weekend off, but this crap better be gone by Monday. I refuse to miss many more workouts.

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!

Morning Maniacs - This morning - my pain is flaring due to an extreme temperature dive. I did YRG - Strength Builder. I kept forgetting to use the dynamic tension in my poses, so I didn't get a very good workout. I added 10 Min Solutions Total Body from the new Bootcamp. Workout was 60" and I burned 380 calories. ...Not much of a workout. I'll probably consider this my rest day this week....although I wanted to do Kundalini one day this week, so we shall see. I feel guilty....but I'm sitting here with heat on my neck and side trying to get my spasms calmed down a bit before work. I work nights the next 2 days. Yuck.

Deb - sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Lori - Welcome to the checkin. I have a lot of Kettlebell DVDs too.

Have great workouts everyone.

Debbie-have you gotten an over the counter decongestant? Mucinex D is a good one to get all that crap out of there. Feel better

Good Morning!

STS chest/shoulders/triceps today, and some cardio (steady state, low impact). Also, last night before bed I did yoga abs and extended stretch. I thought it might help me get clearer so I could study a little before bed and also, help me relax so I could sleep.

Debbie - Dang! Like you (and my ds) said yesterday, being sick sucks. :mad: I hope the rest helps, thought that can be hard to do. Sending healing mojo your way!

Lora - Thank you! Since I started following this check in (long before I actually became part of it), you guys have inspired and taught me a lot. Such a good and decent bunch of women. It amazes me that you just keep going with all the pain/injuries you have. Truly. I don't think I could/would. I've been curious about kettlebells for a couple years now. Think it's finally getting the best of me. Any kb workouts that are particular favorites?

Theresa - Please! Enable away ;) ! Your doing me a favor -- I've been going back and forth between Insanity or kettlebells (that comment would sound odd to a "normal" person) for awhile now. When I first saw the clips for Insanity I told myself "Just run it out of your head. You are NOT going there." It was just all the high impact. Maybe it looks worse in the ads. I like cardio but really love strength training. The more I study about kettlebells, the more they seem to be pretty all inclusive and perhaps a wiser choice for me right now. I still want Insanity, but if I got it, I'd probably tone down the rotation and incorporate the workouts more ... sparingly. You've given me a much better sense of how to get started with kb's, though. The amount of material out there's kind of daunting :confused:

Linda - How's your hand?

ds is feeling some better today, and I'm feeling ok. Maybe we've lucked out. We've only both been sick at the same time once. Once was enough :eek: ! Have a great day everyone - and hi to all who follow!

Lori-I will be TOTALLY honest. I got Insanity (the deluxe edition off ebay) and IT IS KILLER. Almost a little to much, IMO. I like plyo work but not everyday. All the HIIT I was doing all the time was causing a lot of unnecessary problems. I think if you do choose to get it, your idea of using it in combo w/ other things is a great idea. They are great workouts, but I don't know how people do them everyday. I did the Plyo circuit and literally checked to see if I might be going into cardiac arrest :eek: Have a good workout.

T

Debbie - Sorry your still not feeling well. Having just gone through it myself I know how you feel.:(

Lori - Nice to hear DS is feeling better and the you may have escaped unharmed. As far as the hand goes I am so sick of wearing the brace!:confused:

Theresa - Are you doing STS again?

Lora - Hope your pain eases up!

I kind of worked out twice today. I did Circuit Blast this morning on my own, then went through a Band/Ab workout with my client. So I think I am good for today. The back of my legs right above my knees is really sore for some reason and I can't figure out what I did this morning that made them that sore. But it just may be hard to walk tomorrow.:p

And can someone please explain how I have used my Black Extra Heavy Band exactly three times and it snapped this morning?:mad::mad::mad: I mean geeesh, I'm not that strong!

Linda-I think you are that strong :) I wish I had an answer for you, but I know how you feel. As far as STS, I am doing it but not w/ the original layout. I am going to use Meso1 for total body work (one week), Meso 3 as is (for week 2), Meso 2 for one body part per day (for week 3), and then circuit/kb work on the 4th week. I sure hope that makes some sort of sense. :D

I finished STS - drop sets. I really, REALLY like those :D ! Will have to do cardio this evening ... probably dig through my older kickbox workouts and find something.

Theresa - I was wondering how you felt about Insanity. I thought I remembered you said you had it. And, I don't blame you - I mean, reading about other people doing it and talking about how over the top it is - it's hard not to want to give it a go. But even more so though, I want to still be going strong as long as ... well, as long as I'm breathing. Over the years, I've had injuries (ankle, back, hip flexor, knee - not all at once, thank God) that left me so I really couldn't do much at all for awhile. I HATED IT. That may be what keeps me from going gung-ho over Insanity. Like you, if I start doing too much jumping (plyos and stuff), I start to notice little "warning signs." Maybe I've finally learned to LISTEN to them. Maybe some people just naturally can handle more high impact than others? I've wondered about that. Thanks for your "confession," too. Cardiac arrest is not a fitness goal of mine either :eek: !!!

Linda - Breaking a black extra heavy band ... that IS one of my fitness goals ;) . You go!
I bet you're sick of the brace! Probably gets in the way of day to day stuff, too. But I'm glad you're sticking with it. I broke my big toe about 4 years ago. I ignored medical advice and worked out through its healing process. That "process" never did really happen correctly :eek: . I regret it now and at some point will probably have to get it rebroken, re-set and do it "right (not today, though)." Wish I'd had the sense to just bite the bullet and take care of myself, per doctor's instructions, like you are. Still. hope you don't have to wear it much longer. It's been awhile, hasn't it?

Last edited:
Lori, wow, getting a toe re-broken and re-set...what a thing to have on your to-do list! I daresay I'd be procrastinating on that too!

I did not even know they made a black extra heavy band! I have green, red, and blue, although only my green one is super-long. I like working with the bands; I especially feel the band gets some areas of the back particularly well, which for me seems to be a weak area...not the lats, but whatever the muscle is called that you work when you extend your arms straight out in front of you and then, using the band, pull them out laterally to the side.

Anyway, I've managed just three workouts so far this week, so I'm going to try to get something in both days of the weekend. I did yoga Wednesday and today, and on Monday I did Tracey's HISM 2 combos 1-4 and abs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.