Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties Sat/Sun 05-08

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

It took me quite a while to catch up on all of the posts from yesterday. Geez- you gals were busy yesterday. :) I did not get home from my seminar until almost 7 last night - argh. As you can see by the time on this post I pretty much went directly to bed and "slept in" until 4 am! I'm so glad I did the "extra" cardio work yesterday, because I ate a lot of bad food yesterday and basically did nothing active for the entire day - YUK.

Hermia - It's so nice that your mom is coming to visit and you can get in some workouts together. Years ago I took aerobics classes with my mom - it was a blast, although we tended to get into hysterical fits of laughter at times!! My mom and sister are both in teaching, so I understand your concerns about job security. I think people in so many fields right now are facing the same concerns, and it's great that you have so many different jobs right now, although it sounds like you are at your max. :( My seminar was a medical conference (ophthalmology), which is my specialty - extremely boring and dry.

Linda - LOL, LOL....I loved your take on Jari!! She is not my fav either, although I do like her Extremely Ripped 1000 at times. I use heavy weights and ignore the running commentary, but she still is annoying. I really don't love Chalean either......

Theresa - I hope you are feeling better and get in some good R&R this weekend.

Debbie - I liked Imax 3, although I didn't quite get all of the step sections the first time around. I ended up working out about 97 min total between the 4DS and Imax 3, which I really needed considering I have been eating everything and sat ALL DAY yesterday - blah. I can't wait to do Boot Camp today, even though my legs are still pretty sore from Disc 23. :)

Lori - I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your mom. I have heard of this from BC and I would DEFINITELY think genetic factors would be considered. One of the most serious side effects from BC is embolus, which is a blood clot that can travel to the lungs/heart (pulmonary embolus) or the brain (stroke). I would DEFINITELY not take BC considering your family history and can't believe any OBGYN would recommend them for you. I hope you "enjoy" your functional workout and "blow the roof" off of your project (pun intended ;)). I have helped my DH a few times with roofing - it's very dirty work and I don't envy you right now........

Diane Sue - Great workout yesterday. Geez - I'm exhausted just reading what you did yesterday. LOL. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone........gotta go get to Boot Camp....our final workout from the rotation. :( Thanks again Debbie - this has been a great rotation - very fun and well put together.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

I am up late this morning:D We had our grandson spend the night last night and stayed up kind of late. I am getting ready to go try BOSU Explode Load and will add som cardio. I know tomorrow will not be a good eating day. Everyone is coming over for mother's day and we are having Papa Murphy's Pizza:eek: I did good yesterday when we went to dinner and ate grilled catfish, steamed veggies, and salad in one of our local restaurants.

Linda, I was thinking about instructors saying annoying things and it bought to mind some others besides Jari. I think they forget till it is too late that people have to hear those comments over and over. Tony of the P90X series does that a lot and I find myself rolling my eyes every time. And don't get me started on Eoin Finns Yoga for Happiness and the comments. I do have my favorites of hers though.

Cheryl, my dd is a PA in dermatology and she seems to enjoy some of the stuff she learns at siminars. Once in awhile she comments on a boring speaker. If it were me I would fall asleep. Even when I watch a movie at home I have to find something to do or I am nodding off. LOL

Today was a circuit workout and I did the original Bootcamp workout from Cathe. Fun workout but I pooped out on most of the plank work and those stupid Terminators. Other then that, I did really well. Was sweating like crazy.

Should have worn my HR monitor. I bet I burned about 500 calories with this one.

I had to laugh at the comments about Jari and other instructors from you guys yesterday and this morning. I guess we all have our irritations with insturctors. Diane Sue, you are right, Tony gets a little annoying at times. Especially when he says, "Kids" constantly.

Roselyn - I am going to post my new rotation by tomorrow because I'll be starting it Monday. I'm going to just add it to the "Get Ready for Summer" rotation that I put out there instead of making a new thread.

Taking my mom to lunch today for Mother's Day. Hope you all have a great weekend and Mother's Day!

Last edited:
Thanks Debbie!!! I will be looking for the new rotation tomorrow. I'm not even going to mention Boot Camp from this morning............terminators.......plank work..............my body is killing me, but I guess that's a good thing. :confused:

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Yesterday I broke my workout into afternoon/evening. Altogether I did about 30 min of pretty high intensity interval training, a half hour of steady state, about 35 min training bi’s tri’s with a little bit of kb practice in there. I worked pretty hard and felt pretty good. Something non-impact today.

Here's an instructor comment(s) for you: Yesterday I was watching Enter the Kettlebell while futzing in the Kitchen. I can see the computer - kind of - through the doorway. DS came in and was looking for a snack -- he overheard Pavel referring to the viewer (DS's mom, in this case) as "Comrade," while telling me he was going to show me techniques that would make me a "better man" :confused: DS loved that :p and I suspect he'll get quite a lot of mileage out of it. It doesn't offend or annoy me, Pavel's got a prett dry wit. I thought it was humorous, though.

Debbie - You've got me really wanting to do Bootcamp today. Glad you had a great workout. You have a way of making pain sound like so much fun ;) !

Theresa - That was a pretty heavy thing to bring up yesterday (about my mom). Hope it wasn’t too much of a downer. It just seemed ‘relevant,‘ and if sharing it as a cautionary tale (lacking a better phrase) might be helpful to … anyone, it seemed worth bringing up. You clearly have good sense combined with a medical background/knowledge. Sounds like you’re making really good choices. No idea how long something like your BC takes to clear out of your system. Have you noticed some improvements in how you feel yet? One would hope :D

Linda - When you said you had to dig outside yesterday, were you talking about the actual hole for your pool :eek: ?!! If so, Good Lord - how big a hole would that even be? I think generally, large piece of machinery are used for such things :p .

Hermia - Aren’t you also writing a dissertation on top of that class load? I couldn’t do it -- really don’t think I could. Did you say you were working on some kind of application for tenure a while ago? I hope that comes through for you. Will your class load lighten up at all over the summer? In any case, you still got some great workouts in and WOO HOO about your mom coming for Mother’s Day ! That’s so cool. How long will she be staying?

Diane Sue - Tough, long workout yesterday! But it sounded like you also had a lot of fun :D . Trying to picture the slingshot. I saw one being used in a clip somewhere on youtube, but I’m curious about how you use yours. I think you're right about instructor comments. Cathe has a couple in Shock Cardio - they don't "bother" me - they're just "noteable." She asks, "Are you working?" right in the middle of some lung blowing exercise. I would laugh if I could spare the oxygen. Also, I noticed in 40/20 the other day doing the "butt kicks," she says, "Dont rush it" ??!!! That just perplexes me. If I went any slower than I was, I wouldn't be keeping up with them - But also, I don't think I COULD go any faster, even if I wanted to :confused: Part of her charm is her comments though (IMO). It's a talent not all instructors have naturally, I guess.

Cheryl - Glad you survived your seminar. YAY - someone else who like puns! It's kind of surprising how many of us there are skulking in the shadows. For some reason, my roof incident really brought that out in quite a few people :p . I STILL get a bit tripped up in the Imax 3 step sections. Glad I'm not alone. I don't know why, but a couple of them leave me on the completely wrong side of the step scratching my head -- how did they get over THERE?? It's odd cuz I picked up Step Moves almost right away, but some of the littler combos (there's one in Body Max 2, also) really befuddle me.

Hi to Roselyn and Lora and Char,

Need to decide what I'm going to do today -

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!

Lori

Last edited:
This morning I did Explode Load 54 minutes and 239 calories. I think this one is more strength, although they add some stuff that is supposed to make it metabolic. My HR was just not going there Max was 137. I think if I find an area with more space it may be better. There are a few segments with two BOSUs. I did ok with the high step with two risers and the BOSU. He changed up the tubing and slingshot several times which threw me off a bit. I had tubing set with a door attachement and my belt out. Then I looped tubing(Cathe's Heavy tubing around the Bowflex, in one move I had to be so close to where the tubing was attached and they said two pieces of tubing (a different name her but tubing with a cover). I just wrapped the tubing and held two handles. I will say this was my least favorite of the series, but this was my first time through and I was trying to figure out the equipment.
Then I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness Bootcamp double session premix 56 minutes and burned 402 calories. I followed with 30 minutes to fitness Muscle Definition abdominals 11 minutes and 41 calories and then did 10 minutes solution 5 Day get Fit yoga 10 minutes 30 calories. Total calories burned today was 712 and workout was 2 hr 11 min.

Lori, here is a link to the sling shot. http://www.bosu.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=BOSU/itemdetl.html?item=TWIST_SlingShotI am just using tubing with a belt for now. Also on the BOSU Explode workouts there are video clips of moves using this. It provides resistance that when jumping and balancing on the bosu provides some resistance that seems to try and pull you into another direction. It is interesting and fun. My upper abdominal area is sore today. I imagine from some of the moves in BOSU Explode Amped and Burn yesterday. I tend to ignore most comments too, but some just leave me doing the eye roll and going on. So now you will be the better man :p I am sure your son will love that one LOL Oh, and I like the ones that tell you not to forget to breathe when you are doing a really intense workout LOL I am thinking how could I not be breathing?? You are right. For some it just comes naturally to say the right thing.
Doesn't make them a bad instructor IMO.
On a good note, we are going to have take out bbq tomorrow instead of pizza. Much better because I will put the meat on salad greens and eat it. I love it that way:D

Debbie, right now I mainly think of Tony leaning over his feet and saying something about footspray LOL Boy you should have seen some of the plank work they were doing with the stability ball on these Explode workouts. I was dying and kept wanting to roll off my ball. Especially doing the arm thing where you are in plank and walking your arms up and down. They speed up and I was wobbling and rolling all over the place. Maybe because they are using the sand weighted ball. I looked and that Balast ball is 6 lbs..

Last edited:
Diane Sue - Thank you very much for that link! I saved it on DS's "Favorites." I think he might be interested in that for soccer training. What a great device. It's a little different than what I was envisioning. Combining it with a Bosu sounds very tough! I'd probably break my neck :eek: . Very unique and fun though, too. I have a much better sense of what you're doing now. The take-out barbeque is a good idea. I'd been thinking about a regular barbeque but the wind has been awful. Gusty, and the kind that makes it tough to tell what direction it's even coming from. Strange, because it's bad all day long but has been dying down after dark :confused: The "Dont' forget to breathe" comment IS a classic :p . As if it's something that might slip one's mind: Dont' forget to pick up the dry cleaning, Don't forget your lunch money, Don't forget to breathe ... I've noticed several instructor's mention it, too. Pretty funny :D

I did get my workout in. I did Leaner Legs this afternoon (skipped the abs work). Just now I finished a 40+ minute Tae Bo workout that was so-so (from the Amped Series). I picked it up on sale but don't have an Amplifier bar. I made one. Duct tape is a good thing ;) . I finished off with about ten minutes of kb practice. Think I'm going to take Skyler for a walk now, since the wind has died down. I really enjoy walking at night, but should go before it gets much later.

Have a good evening,
Lori

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day!!

No workout for me today, although I really should drag myself to it...:mad:

I ate enough to feed a small city yesterday - I guess TOM is making me ravenous. I am pretty discouraged with myself because I had been doing great and had my eating fairly under control, but the past week has been beyond horrible. :eek:

Anyway, I will try to take the dogs for a nice hike and will come home and start cooking an extravagant meal for mom.

I just have to pick up and start over again for next week.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

I updated the 2010 Get Ready for Summer rotation. I added 4 more weeks to it. Just incase anyone wanted to know. :)

Diane Sue - :eek: on the plank work in that workout you did. That is just crazy. I use to be so good at plank work, but now I'm back to square one where I can only hold it for 30 seconds. I need to practice more with it again.

Last edited:
Happy Mother's Day :D ! No rigid plans for me today and I have time right now to get in a workout. Maybe Amy's, "In The Ring." Considering this one mostly because it's not too high impact or too intense.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!!

Happy Mother's Day:D No workout for me today. Just relaxing. The family came over and I ate way to much barbecue. DD bought baked potatoes and corn on the cob too. Then we had icecream. I got cash so I ordered the Bosu Ballast ball and the slingshot. I think what I did was similar to what the slingshot does but would like to have it anyway. I wanted the ball so it wouldn't run off on me. They even had you jumping your legs off and on the ball. My regular ball wanted to leave me so I kept trying to knee it into place. Now I will have 5 stability balls:eek: But they are different sizes and the grandchildren use them for chairs:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.