Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for July 4th Weekend

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs - This morning I did not hear the alarm again! Did TurboFire HIIT 30" and then cooled down for a few extra minutes. Cardio was 36" and I burned 390 calories. Max HR was only 163. I added on Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up Home Program 13" for the stretch. Work....work....workk......no Holiday weekend for me ...Ugh!!

RE: work - that girl that told me I'm too old for the Clinique Counter is the Counter Manager at Lancome where they have an opening....but alas....she told me she doesn't think I'm "confident" enough to work her counter. F@# her. I'm sick of these 2-faced bit#Ches I work with!! Sick of work period. Verge of nervous breakdown. Need a vacation or something!!! Work will be dead all weekend. Everyone that has a life is enjoying it!!! sorry for the rant!!

Thanks for all of the words of wisdom yesterday ladies.

Diane Sue - yes, I've done the Bob workouts once. Must try them again....but I have to modify alot of the squat thrust, mountain climber stuff due to my side/rib injury.

Today is another rest day. My neck is not much better then it was yesterday. I'm getting really upset now. Not sure I'll be able to start Meso 2 on Monday. WTH? I wish I knew what caused this. If it was just a simple thing as sleeping wrong, why is it taking so damn long to heal?

As you can tell, I am beyond frustrated.

My mom is hope and happy. So is her cat, Gizmo. I'm going over there in a while to make us some talapia and asparagus.

Linda - Nice going with the Biggest Loser competition! Congrats, girl. You've worked hard and I'm proud of you! :cool:

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Debbie - I'd have been beyond frustrated quite some time ago. Doesn't make sense - you've been patient and conservative about letting it recup, too. I'm sorry. It's good to hear your mom is happy and home - and you'll be spending time with her today. Hope it doesn't hurt to look up :confused: (fireworks) - and I'll keep my finger's crossed - maybe by Monday whatever it is will have resolved itself.

Lora - I don't know what to say. It just sounds like a lot of mind games (and passive aggressive, indirect, unwarranted insults) - from all these different angles - daily. I wouldn't know if I were coming or going anymore. I'm sorry you have to work over the holiday. For the 4th of July I don't suppose there's really a rush to buy fragrances and beauty products :confused: Ugghh. I'm thinking that when it's dead, that gives you more time to interact with your co-workers (eewww). At least your workout looked good. I've been hearing so much about the Turbo Fire workouts (almost said Turbo Fireworks - how seasonal of me :eek:) . It's hard not to be ... really tempted :rolleyes: I hope you have some good parts to your day - maybe some nice surprises or ... something ... anything -- Hang in there.

Either Legs and Glutes - the Leg Blast premix and some cardio for me - or Hiit 40/20 and Gym Style Ch/Tri. Whatever I don't do today, I'll do tomorrow. I decided to run through the Gym Styles one more time before the reunion and figure out my rotation for the rest of the month when we get back. No big plans for the 4th. DS will probably be gone. So, I'll likely try to catch up on work and projects around here. Plenty to do, that's for sure.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

Lori

I started with P90 Fat burning express 37 minutes 202 calories with 8lb med ball. 37 minutes Max HR 144, Then Bob's Body Reve workout 31 minutes 31 minutes, 205 calories Max HR 205, Brook Benton's Butts & Guts Kettlebell abs 9 minutes 42 calories, Jillians Yoga Meltdown level 2 100 calories, workout level 2 100 calories. Total time spent was 1 hr 46 minutes and 550 calories burned. Went shopping at , and cross body bag. Anyway, it is raining and we can't go riding. Hopefully soon. Lots of activities here in town this weekend.

Hi everyone,
just finished Pyramid Lower Body, yay. That was tougher than I remember it. I am pleased, though. Fireworks tonight, and we live about 15-20 min walk from the venue, so Mark and I are just goint to walk, yay! I like taking walks, but that seems to be one of those things there's never time for and no one else wants to.

We just went and put up a new flag at the PD. After all of the hail etc it needed changing.

Hermia, it is hard finding someone like minded on the walks. I always feel good afterward.

Leg Blast from B & G and Step Moves today (technically yesterday, I guess - it's late). I almost, ALMOST skipped out on Step Moves. Not sure I wanted to start it at 11 p.m. :eek: I was just very busy up until then. I thought of you, Hermia and your late workouts (Thank you) and ... there you go ;).

Hermia - I tend to forget how good the Pyramid workouts are too. PLB is definitely an accomplishment :D and the walk made for a nice 'add on.' Sounds like a good day. When DS was a little younger we did our best talking on walks. He was going through some challenging stuff with his dad and got to the point where he's say "Mom, we need to walk." This meant that he needed to talk. Walks are great in so many ways. Now mostly, it's me and Skyler - if DS needs to talk, we do it INSIDE (heaven forbid one of his peers see him walking with his mom :confused:). Thanks to Skyler though, I never have trouble finding someone to go for a walk with me. Bless her heart. It would however, be nice to have a partner more like the one you had heading to watch fireworks - at least once in awhile. Presumably he DIDN'T drag you with him chasing after cats :rolleyes:

Diane Sue - Walks always make me feel good too. That was a good thing to do (the flag) on the 4th of July holiday :D . Seems like almost everything needs replaced after the hail.

Good Night -

Lori

Morning Maniacs - This morning I was gonna do TurboFire....but I did Petra's Groove Dance workout instead. This did not click with me. I had to put SO much into it just to get my HR up. Max HR was only 144 and I burned 424 calories in 50 minutes. I did part of a Yoga Tune Up from Jill Miller...and didn't care for i...t either. Not a great way to start the day. Work will be boring today. I'm dreading it. After today, I'm off for 2 days though....but I will be busy with doctor appts etc. Have great workouts everyone.

Lori - yes......being dead at work, I can either clean, talk to my coworkers or stand in the aisle and be bored! It's called playing 20 ways to amuse yourself!

Diane Sue - did you like that Tony Cardio?

lol Lora, I was just wondering what you do when it's dead at work, and then you included that in the next part of your post. =)
I would guess there's not a ton of stuff to clean, unless you get really inventive! (when I worked in restaurants, I was often amazed at some of the stuff our managers came up with, but then, a restaurant gets loads dirtier than a skin care counter!)
Anyway, sounds like the time will drag if there are no customers. Would they mind if you brought a magazine?

No workout yet...fiance and I have been lazy so far. He gets really, really sore from his workouts and it seems to last for a while. His legs were killing him after friday's workout, then we walked yesterday, which he says made it worse, and this morning we skipped church so as to not put his legs through the trauma of walking to the car and from the car to church.

Lori, I have a lot of good memories walking with my mom. We used to do that all the time. =)
And no, lol, Mark didn't drag me after him looking for cats, although he'd probably claim I try to do that to him! I mentioned getting another cat recently...the answer was no. Resoundingly.

Wow. How ironic - all the talk about cats. I got attacked by one defending Skyler :eek: It went after her like it was truly bent on killing her. She rolled over and turned up her belly (bad idea - the cat wasn't into negotiating surrender), so I reached to get Skyler out of the way and it went for me. It was really, REALLY crazy. Skyler's ok. My hands are a mess. Bites and scratches. Some of them are really deep. It's a very long story (so I'll spare you - plus it hurts to type). No rabie risk but a couple of my fingers are so swollen I really can't bend them - it's hard to do ... anything. No weight work today obviously - don't think I could grip :confused: I could maybe still do a hiit workout. Trying to psyche myself up for that but - just ... ouch.

Lora - Bummer that your workout wasn't what you hoped. None of your options on "dead" days sound very good :confused: I hate down time like that. Time just crawls and it's so hard to "invent" things to keep/look busy. Glad you have some time off to follow up your day today. Hope the Dr appointments are routine or about helping with your pain - and not anything new or serious (as if you don't have enough going on).

Hermia - I'm having an enforced lazy day so far. This was my first "cat fight." I was definitely out-matched. I chuckled at your fiance being too sore to walk. Did he do PLB with you - sorry if you mentioned, must have passed that part over. Sometimes exercise does seem to work the soreness out, though - maybe he needs a hiit workout :eek: ;) . Enjoy your day, whatever you do.

I hope you all have a wonderful 4th. It just started raining here.

Lori

Morning Maniacs- I slept in until 7:15 this morning and then I did Michelle Dozois' Next Move Workout. I did Upper, Lower & Total Body weights. Had a great workout. Used 6-12 lb DBs. Max HR was 146 and I burned 637 calories in 65". I then did Jill Miller's Yoga Tuneup 33" from the Home Workout series, Month 1, level 2. It was just okay. I need more stretching. Going to see Eclipse. I'm off today and tomorrow, but I have a doc appt tomorrow. I made the mistake of looking ahead at my schedule....and I work 6 days straight after my time off and then I work 48 hours the next week cuz my coworker's going on vacation....yikes!!

The above video is a Weight Watcher production that I got on Ebay. I have to say that the 2 instructors of late that I've been impressed with their weight workouts have been Michelle and Petra Kolber. Petra's are pretty darn good and I'd never had thought that. Michelle has a Peak 10 series coming out in the Fall. I can't wait. I've been following her on FB. She's an amazing woman and a true inspiration. I believe she has an autistic child also.....the woman is amazing.

Hermia - well, there is actually several bays in fragrance to clean....which includes the glass, drawers underneath, tops of ledges and far bays up against the wall. Then there's the stock room and visual room.......so I can stay pretty busy....but it's hard work. I've been sneaking magazines in and putting them in the drawer by my one cash register and reading! Yesterday was awful.....one $20 sale all day!!! Yikes (oh and I almost forgot, all of the bottles have to be schematically correct in the case and they need fixed constantly, plus 2 times a year, EVERYTHING gets moved).

off to the movies

Last edited:
How was Eclipse, Lora? I do want to see it, but I'm holding off till the majority of the screaming teen girls are done with it. Mark and I saw A-Team yesterday, though, and it was quite entertaining. Lots of great action. That's good there are some options for cleaning to keep from getting too bored, but of course, sales are better! Lame that there was only one yesterday. =(

Wow...sorry about that cat fight, Lori. That sounds pretty disconcerting, actually. What sort of dog is Skyler? I can't recall if you've mentioned, but I'm guessing a small one.

No, fiance most definitely did not do PLB with me the other day...I wish! He goes to the gym twice a week to work out with a trainer. He has an eliptical that he's supposed to use at home, but that doesn't happe too much because he's always horribly sore from his workout.

Nothing for me yet today, but yesterday was Pyramid Upper Body.

So far today has been cleaning, grading, and dealing with cat issues. My roommates' two cats have an outdoor box in this little cat run area that they get to via a kitty door, but the two outdoor dogs tore holes in the cat run yesterday, so, as roommates are out of town till this evening and therefore cannot fix the cat run, we gave their cats access to Hermia's box. This seems to have annoyed her. I let the other cats use her box, then later I cleaned the box and put them in their room so she wouldn't be upset and she could use her box; however, I came in the room where we keep her box to find her peeing on the floor about two feet in front of her box. She obviously could have used the box if she'd wanted, so I think she may have been marking territory. =(

Today I started with Bob's Workout upper focus 30 minutes 200 calories using 25# kettlebell and 20's for the step ups. I also used 25 and 15's for the weight workout. I did extra swings and cardio while the guy was taking his "I'm working real hard breaks". That really bugs me. Then I did Turbo Fire Hiit 30 30 minute...s(this is the longest one 4 drills 3 are done twice and one is done 3 times) I burned 263 calories Max HR was 172. Then I did Turbo fire upper 20 with Cathe's red heavy tubing 21 min 118 calories, followed by Turbo Fire Abs 10 11 min 41 calories, followed with Turbo Fire Stretch 10 12.5 min 35 calories. Total workout time was 1 hr 43 min and calories burned was 657. I loved the Turbo Fire Hiit.

Lora, I really liked the P90 workout. I think I may up the Med ball weight from 8lbs next time but I think it was fun. I liked the beach background too. Tony was his usual self:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.