HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES CHECK IN June 25

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Hey Maniacs,

As you can see I decided to post this morning before heading out for the dreaded all day seminar! I didn't get home until 10 pm last night, so no workout for me this morning.

Debbie - I hope the knee pain is getting better. I was wondering if you ever tried magnet therapy. A few years ago I was running several 5K's and my knees would kill me at time. I started using magnets on either side of the knee wrapped in an ace bandage for a few hours at night, and it really seemed to help. The theory is that because blood is high in iron and heals tissue damage etc, the magnets draw more blood/healing to the area. I don't know if there is any ACTUAL medical studies done, but it really worked for me and I still keep the magnets handy. :)

Linda - I'm glad you are waiting for fall to have your shoulder surgery. I would think you would miss out on a lot having surgery over the summer, but I hope it will not cause further damage...

Lora - You have been posting some serious workouts considering all of your job stress, marital stress, etc. Good for you!

Linda - Did you get the bike yet? I don't remember reading if you were picking it up or picking it out still?? Great workouts, as always. BTW, you DEFINITELY do not look your age AT ALL. You are still such an inspiration and PLEASE send me some of your abundant energy!! :D

Theresa - Between you and Lori I always get a great laugh reading the posts (Forrest)!! I hope you and DH continue to enjoy working out together. I'm still "working" on mine, but other than going hiking or biking with me, he's really not interested. :( I definitely need to get back on the "dread-mill" after my episode yesterday. I feel it in my calves and hamstrings today and even though I still occasionally run outside, it's definitely a different workout - good to cross train - although it might kill me!! :rolleyes:

Lori - I also was a "lurker" on the threads for quite a long time. I have to confess that it was your post to Cathe about the "Cathe bashers" several months ago that made me feel like I should "join in". I also had been doing Debbie's rotations for uhhhhhh probably over a year before I actually "posted" to her. I would read her posts and replies to other people and did a lot of reading on Fitfig.com (I think that's the link) before I ever "jumped in" to this group. It's funny how "connected" this group makes me feel sometimes. I always try to make time to post, even if I have a very busy day and don't always make time to call friends and family. I even miss you maniacs when I am at camp on the weekends with no internet........except when I have several martinis!! :eek:

Hi to Hermia and Roselyn!! If I missed anyone else, I'm sorry. I'm still a little foggy this morning.

Ok....off to the seminar and then to camp until Monday. Last night's lectures ran very late and I was exhausted by the time I got home. I was up at 2:30 in the morning yesterday, so at least I "slept in" until 3 today. :rolleyes:

Have a great day and a great weekend everyone!!

Just a quick check in. I have house guests so no workout today. May not be one tomorrow either. I will have to do some catching up later:)

Cheryl=ugh....all day seminars are so mentally exhausting and tedious. I hope time magically flies by :p I can't believe you were with it enough to type so no judgement here on the workout. Have a great weekend. And I must say, I'm glad you (and Lori) joined this checkin, you both really bring a lot to the forum and it's nice to have you here :)

Lori-HA...I just read yesterday's post, you are funny. Good, get that Gym Boss out :eek: :eek: That was the first time I had done a TRUE tabata protocol w/ cardio and I truly underestimated it. Like I said above, I am glad you two joined the check in :D

Diane Sue-have fun w/ your guests :)

Yesterday I did Basic Step on the Bosu, that thing is NO joke. Then I did one section from Amys' abs and stretch; One ab and one stretch section. Time was 50 min and I burned 426 calories. We have a bday dinner to go to tonight and tomorrow I will be rooting for USA!!!!!!!!! so workouts will be sparse until Sunday. My sister and I are using kb's a lot more and we will do a kb workout then. DH may join me, I'm not sure.

On a side note, I woke up SUPER pissy today so I hope to snap out of it soon........it is not pretty :(

Morning Maniacs - I'm working 12-8 today. Yay...I get to leave an hour early. There's two of us there though....so sales will suck. So many peeps I work with are miserable and trying to get out of there! There were 2 huge fights yesterday. Yikes!

This morning I woke up with this same migraine and my pain is flaring in general, so I pulled out my Valerie Bertinelli workout that I've never done...since it looked easier. They do most of the leg work unweighted, but I used weights for most of it. I added a couple sets of biceps and deadlifts to the end for the heck of it and did the stretch x 2. Workout was 67" and I burned 433 calories. Max HR was 134. It was pretty decent. I started to feel better after I got going and almost wanted to put something harder in...but I didn't. The name of this workout was Losing It & Keeping It Off. Valerie seems like she doesn't really like to work out :) She's definitely not a "Maniac".

I plan on doing a recovery workout tomorrow, as I work the early shift and I feel like doing an Ellen Barrett. I think I'll try Fusion Flow. I previewed it last night and it looks nice and feel goody!

Have great workouts everyone.

Saw this in a magazine and I liked it (since this is how I think) "How you train is how you tackle life. Don't avoid discomfort; deal with it head-on to get stronger. Learn how to work out with passion and that fire will carry over into everything you do".

Lori - thanks for your post yesterday. I guess I can be a bit hard on myself.....but I always think you can "be better" "do better", etc. I tend to beat myself up for things I do wrong also!

Hi to everyone else.

Today was Meso 1, Week 4, Disc 11, Back and Triceps. I am so glad this is the last workout of Meso 1. Really tired of the fast pace and high reps. I'm also sick of the band work.

Warmup:
Lat Pulldowns w/Band - Green band/10 reps
Double Arm Band Rows High Ends - Green band/28 reps
Dips - 16 reps
One Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 12#/10 reps

Workout:
Chinups - 12
***Did underhand Austrailian Chins doing a 1 up/3 down cnt.
Flat Bench Barbell Tricep Extension - 50#/15 reps
***These burned. Good weight.
One Arm Dumbbell Row - 35#/15 reps
T-Pull w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension - 20's/15 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/21 reps
Y's w/Band - Green band/36 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 12#/15 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 30#/15 reps
Deadlifts - 35's/8 reps
Seasaw Pushups - 20 reps
One Arm Press Down w/Band - Green Band/36 reps
Chinups - 12
***Did Australian Chins, straight reps.
Seated Overhead DB Extension - 35#/15 reps
Barbell Rows - 60#/21 reps
Double Arm Rows w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Side Leaning One Arm Extension - 15#/15 reps
Pullovers - 27#/15 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks - 10's/15 reps
One Arm Kickbacks w/Band - Green band/36 reps
Pullups - 9 reps
***Used all three of my elastic bands. Pulled one count and did 3 counts release. Really felt these.
Cross Body Extensions - 15#/15 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Rows - 25's/10 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Rows - 22's/10 reps
Double Arm Dumbbell Rows - 20's/10 reps
***10 second rest between each set. These were tough.
Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - 25's/10 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - 22's/10 reps
Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press - 20's/10 reps
***10 second rest between each set. A real burner here. I was going to start with 30's but glad I didn't!

DH is coming back from Michigan and when he gets in Sandusky I'm going to head into Vermilion to meet him for lunch and a little shopping. We love that little town so I can't wait to go. It's a beautiful day for a motorcycle ride!

Deb - is this your second rotation of STS? What do you feel you've gained from it? I'm trying to talk myself into an STS rotation soon. thanks in advance.

Cheryl - Sense of connection - that's a good way to put it. Sometimes I stop in here just to see what you guys are doing - gives me a lift. Btw, did you notice that you aren't a member anymore? A Catheite. That's what you are :) . When I first started checking in I think I had 8 posts :eek: Can't remember when I noticed the title change. Hope you have a GREAT weekend.

Theresa - I really want to spend more time with kb's too. Need some workouts. Practicing on my own, I like it and think it's been a good way to start but maybe it's time for ... more. Thank you btw. I had a pissy day (on and off - mostly on) yesterday :confused: Hope yours lifts. Doesn't feel good. Have fun tonight!!! I'll be pulling for USA too (probably won't get to watch the game). Thanks to DS, I've really grown to appreciate soccer.

Debbie - Your afternoon sounds great :D Congrads on finishing Meso 1. I remember it seemed like tha last workout of that cycle came just in time.

Lora - Liked the quote. Thank you. Could use some "fire" today. Lol about Valerie. If I had to guess, I wouldn't peg her as a maniac :p . Glad you get an extra hour. I'd probably be counting the minutes (No. SECONDS) if I worked there. I hope you have a smooth day (started to say "good," but ... well :confused: Westside Story, huh?).

Diane Sue - Enjoy your guests:) Hope it's not too hard to miss your workouts. Was this unexpected or did I miss something?

Not sure what/when I'll get in a workout myself today. Tabata rounds and Gym Style work - haven't sorted out the details yet.

bbl

Lori

Today was STS disc 33 (I think) it was bi's, tri's and shoulders.

Tomorrow some cardio, I am thinking Imax2 and some abs. Then from noon on I have my daughter's graduation party, should be fun, we are having it with 2 friends she went through K-12, and we are friends with the parents so I did not have to plan it alone. Going to be a hot day though.

Have a great weekend everyone and good workouts!!

Hi everyone. =)

This is the only day of the week I ever workout early (it seems like most of the rest of you are morning exercisers, though) =).

I went to that booty-kicking yoga class today...ugh, it's fun but I'm glad it's just an hour. Towards the end of it I feel like my form is pretty much gone. I think I may have sweated a bit less than usual, though, so maybe I'm acclimating a tad. I really like the teacher; if she taught any other classes, I would try to go.

Yesterday was one I hadn't done for a while, Kickbox Bootcamp (I think that's the title) by Kimberly Spreen. I was interupted several times, though, by my fiance who was playing with his new camera.....grrrr.....

The day before I didn't workout, so I'm going to try to get both days of the weekend so I'll have six days of working out instead of five (or four, which is what I'd be at if I skipped the whole weekend...this obviously is not my goal).

Hope you have fun with your company, Diane Sue. Wow...possibly two days without a workout...that seems like a lot of days off for you, lol. I have this mental image of you ducking into your workout room to sneak a few minutes in when they think you're in the bathroom or something. teehee =)

I've never really considered the STS series before, but lately I've been thinking of it...maybe just meso 1 and / or meso 2, though. Since I've started thinking it, that probably means I'll get it in about a year. I always overponder things. I've been plotting a bosu for forever now.
Those of you with a bosu, do you use it a lot? Is it worth the purchase? It seems like it would be, even though there aren't a lot of workouts that use it. It seems like it would be a unique way to do a lot of exercises, such as ab work. Sometimes I wish I was a bit more of an impulse buyer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.