Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties April 9, 2009

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Starting this thread early cuz I am gonna do some yoga this morning. Then later will do a cardio coach workout and work abs. Feeling good this morning. Bobby is feeling better too and will start working out again this weekend!! YEAH!!!

Hope you all have a great day..I know your workouts are gonna be great! Be back later with stats.

I didn't see this post, I think Char and I posted the same time. I'll post on here, we have two threads going.

Today was cardio and I really did not feel like doing cardio this morning. I picked out a Cardio Coach Mix I made up that was 45 minutes long but ended up staying on my treadmill a bit longer.

Had a so/so workout, just wasn't feeling it this morning. Have a sinus headache and all I wanted to do was crawl back in bed.

CARDIO STATS:
56 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
29 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
458 calories burned (I think)
3.5 miles travelled

I wanted to go at least 2 miles so I'm pleased that I hit 3.5 miles.

Last edited:
Morning! I did STS Disc 8, back and triceps. It was a good workout. I am finding that my 1RMs are really only an estimate. Some days I hit them and then some days and particularly on some exercises, I don't go as high as it says. I'm pretty much failing at rep 15 so it's all good. But I'm not someone that thinks the 1RMs were incredibly accurate, either. I also did STS abs weights and plates- it is 18 minutes so a bit beyond what I prefer but it rocks! It really gets the job done. Heck, I even had DOMS in my abs from the med ball abs on Monday so yay for that!

Charlotte: Yay for a healthy husband! I'm so happy for you- what a long journey it has been. Hope yoga does ya good.

Debbie: I wasn't feeling it this morning either- DD had an accident last night at 2 am so I was up changing sheets. But I figured I would feel worse if I didn't get the workout in today. Good for you for getting it done.

Have a great day maniacs! I will try to get that breakfast cookie w/ stats posted today- it's been crazy busy around here.

My workout today was STS disc 38 legs I warmed up a little extra for 4 minutes on the exercise bike, 4Day Split Low Intensity Step cardio and calves, Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions post lower body segment. STS calories burned was 367, LIS was 289, Total calories today was 737.
STS legs :
w/up sets Bowflex squats 2 sets 10 reps 170#, 200#
Squats Bowflex 4 sets 7 reps 270# resistance up 10# from last week
Stiff leg deadlift 105# barbell 4 sets 7 reps up 5# from last week
Front squats Bowflex( I had to experiment with weight on this one since last week I used a barbell and weight vest)
2 sets 7 reps 180# (I felt I my form was off at this weight)
1 set 7 reps 150#
1 set 7 reps 140#(this weight worked best)
static lunge 4 sets 7 reps 90# with a barbell and 20# weighted vest(up 5# from last week)
Calf raises using 4Day Split 25# dumbbell

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone:D

This morning, I did an hour run. Have an okay workout:cool: bbl

Stats:
60:00 minutes
522 cals burned
4:49 miles traveled

Charlotte that is great that your Bobby is feeling well again. GLad you are doing good too:D

Debbie, I have had allergy problems like crazy. Hardly sleeping. Yesterday I did not want to get up. Then I spent way to long just looking at my dvds trying to find something that I really wanted to do.

Patti, sometimes I can lift a weight I have down one week and the next for some reason that muscle does not want to take as much weight:confused: Probably needed more recovery or something.

Diane: Disk 38:eek::rolleyes: wow! What kind of results are you getting, if I may ask.

Debbie: I didn’t feel like cardio either:) but I have gotten so fat, need too. Nice work!

Patti: You are kicking butt, with STS, Nice!

Thanks for all the well wishes! Love you all!

Deb,

How many cals did you end up burning?

Diane Sue,

Tried your recipe of eggs mixed with protein powder..interesting. Not sure what to make of it yet, but I think I had more of a problem with the juice I created this morning from the juicer. I added 2 lemons and 2 oranges and a cucumber...now that was kinda strange tasting. lol. So my breakfast was VERY INTERESTING! lol.

I am not sure what all the disk stuff is since I don't have it, but it sounds like everyone is liking it.

Charlotte, did you spread anything on the pancake? I usually like raspberry spread. I was thinking that peanut butter would probably taste good but I am afraid to bring peanut butter in the house. I love peanut butter too much:)

Teddy, I am getting some higher increments than I have before. My strength has increased. I can see more definition in my legs and back. I would probably see more if I didn't keep messing up my clean eating. We leave the house when the realtors call and end up getting fast food and sitting in the car with the dogs. I try to make the best choices but ice cream has slipped in there a few times:eek:

Charlotte, did you spread anything on the pancake? I usually like raspberry spread. I was thinking that peanut butter would probably taste good but I am afraid to bring peanut butter in the house. I love peanut butter too much:)

I put on some sugar free syrup. I think I need to get use to it. I neither loved it or hated it, but definitely better then fish. lol:p

Today I did cardio.

Diane, what is the egg and protein recipe?

Is anyone interested in the STS cardio? I just noticed it. So, I really don't know what it is all about.

Next week I start STS Mesocycle 3. Looking forward to it. Everyone have a good day.

Hey maniacs!

Haven't been around on the forum much as alot has been happening! Have been hitting it hard in the gym as I am doing a photo shoot on Friday! :eek: Olesya asked if I was able to have some professional shots taken as she wanted to feature me on Figure Athlete! Now that's the ultimate compliment! I am fortunate to have a good friend who does sports photography. As soon as the shoot is over I am taking a break! I need a recovery week and need to eat some real food! :) I have learned so much from Olesya and it was worth every penny! She is an amazing coach! I will definitely continue with the lifestyle I have committed to the last two months as I am so happy with the results I have gotten.

I am on Spring Break through Monday! Yipee!!!!! Have alot to do the next couple days so if I don't get a chance to check back in so hope all my maniac pals have a Happy Easter....and yes, I plan on eating a chocolate bunny! :p

Char - Happy to hear that Bobby is feeling better. What a long road it has been for both of you.

DianeSue - Sorry you are not sleeping. You'd think with all the exercise you do you'd turn off like a light at night.

Aaahhh, would have been so easy to stay in bed this morning. I was so tired and I had no idea what I wanted to do for cardio.

Got up anyway and settled on a mix of KP & C Cardio Drills & the Kick & Punch Combos from Kick Max, then Tabata Ab Work and finish with the stretch from Kick Max. Workout was 1:07 and burned 560 calories.

ABS
Hanging Leg/Knee Raises
8 sets - 9-7 reps

Ab Curl Down
15# Resistance Tube - 8 sets - 17/14 reps
***Not sure I will feel this one, may need to go heavier.

My day is rapidly disappearing! Yesterday, I did Hillacious and burned 700 calories. It was a fun ride and I put my front tire on some step risers to help simulate hills. My chain slipped and got caught in two places on the last darned challenge but I got it back on and finished. It was only 40 more seconds but darn it, I wanted to complete the DVD!! Today is Disc 20, legs. Will also do abs.

Sonya - way cool! You will have to share the pics with us :)

Diane Sue - I totally hear you on the allergies...do not, I repeat, DO NOT, move to Houston!!:eek:

Char - I will catch you on FB later :)

Patti - I had the sudden revelation when reading Muscle Chow that if I just logged food on a piece of paper, my chances would greatly increase of keeping up with what I eat. He also seems big on not having to be perfectly precise. So, if I track the main stuff to be sure I am getting the protein, carbs and fat I am getting, and just write down the little snacks that I am eating but not try to figure if it was a 1/4 of a serving, a 1/3, 1/2 whatever, I will do much better. It was a DUH moment for me. So, I am going to keep thinking about the GWF thing.

Hi to everyone else :D

Oh, PS - about work. I just decided that I was not going to be happy so I went in and said that it was either on my schedule or not at all. Things were already getting too tense for me and it hadn't really even started yet. Not a good sign. So, they agreed and I will be much happier and therefore, so will they!

Charlotte, just experiment with toppings. I like it for a snack. Just ate some with with raspberry fruit spread and a spoon of sour cream:)

Shana, I lived in Beaumont for a brief time once and could barely breathe there. It was miserable. Glad things worked out for you on the work schedule:)

Linda, you would think I would sleep. A lot of the time I fall asleep right away but wake up 30 minutes to an hour later:confused:

Sonya, that is great that you will be on figure athlete. I feel so motivated when I look at the photo sections. I think it would be great having someone like Olesya to work with. It would really help get the diet and workout plan figured out. Now you have a good idea how you will want to train and eat in the future:D I will be looking for your pictures:)

Roselyn, I just take several egg whites and a scoop of protein powder(usually chocolate) and add a packet of stevia and blend out the lumps with a fork. I cook it like a pancake and then add whatever topping I want.

Speaking of eggs I need to leave early so I can get some more. I need eggs to color with the grandchildren.

Last edited:
Diane Sue: CRAP, what kind of mother am I? I totally forgot to color eggs with the kids, lol. Glad you reminded me. :D

Shana: Good for you on the aha moment! You have to find what works and what works in a healthy way. I like the GoWearFit so far because it is telling me what I've been ignoring- I need more food! So I'm hoping that it provides me with the help I need to listen and trust my instincts a bit more. I have been struggling with food on and off since Christmas and it finally kicked in that THIS is why.

Sonya: You go! That is awesome! I know how hard you've worked. I can't wait to see the pics. :)

Linda: I have KickMax on tap for tomorrow- can't decide if I'm happy about that or not. :p

Going to make this egg white snack in a bit- you all have me wanting to try it. :)

In case anyone wants this- they are very good. I think they are a bit carb heavy but it worked out in my macro goals for the day, so I'm happy.

Big Breakfast Cookie

1 1/4 C. oatmeal
1/4 C. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 C. Nonfat dry milk
1 C. Unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup Sugar or Splenda

Preheat over to 350. Spray a large cookie sheet with Pam. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into 4 large mounts on sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Nutritional info:

Whole batch:
945 calories / 173g carbs / 9g fat / 53g protein / 18g fiber
Each cookie:
236 calories / 43g carbs / 2g fat / 13g protein / 4.5g fiber

Option:
Add 2 T. of peanut butter
Whole batch:
1145 calories / 180g carbs / 24g fat / 62g protein / 20g fiber

Each cookie:
286 calories / 45g carbs / 6g fat / 15.5g protein / 5g fiber

Options:
• Add raisins, walnuts or chocolate chips
• Omit the cinnamon and raisins, add orange zest, about 1/2 tsp orange extract, the juice from the zested orange and cranberries
• Add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, omit the same amount of the milk, add 1 T of cocoa powder. Sometimes add the cinnamon and sometimes leave it out. May want to increase the sweetener some
• Add almond extract and slivered almonds (omit the cinnamon and raisins)
• Add the zest of a lemon, 2 tsp lemon extract and omit the cinnamon
• Leave out the applesauce and used canned pumpkin and maple syrup

Hey Ladies - are you all in a time warp? Today is the 8th isn't it?

I have been so BAD! Last night DH wanted ice cream so we went to cold stone and I had cookie dough! It has been a crazy week and I did not get to work out yesterday and tried to do some workout today with client, but not a whole log. I will try to hit it hard tomorrow.

Sonya - congrats - be sure to let us know when and where to look -

Great workouts everyone. Hope to have a good post for tomorrow!

Leg workout...DONE. Will do abs tonight.

Patti - you know, it seems so simple, doesn't it? Don't know why it took me so long to figure out that I just hate the process of logging onto the computer but *might* do ok with the main parts of the day on paper. I'm leaning more and more towards the little gadget!

Diane Sue - Beaumont, huh? I have a love/hate relationship with that place b/c we go through it on the way to Florida every year. Traffic is often bad, I'm afraid to go anything over the speed limit, and that town means that we have been driving a while and are still not out of Texas, on the way there, and on the way back, it means that crap, there is still a long way to go! Halle will often sleep until about Beaumont :) We leave very early...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.