Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 9/9

Today was a cardio day/recovery. Decided on Cardio Coach #1 and did really well with it. No problems with my hip flexor. After that I stayed on my treadmill until I hit 45 minutes just diong a steady state on an incline.

Then I decided to the ab work from Kick, Punch, Crunch. Really felt that one today. I'm hoping to be sore in the abs tomorrow. Love that ab work!

CARDIO STATS:
50 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
28 minutes above zone
401 calories burned
2.75 miles travelled

Debbie-nice work. Glad the hip flexor cooperated :)

Yesterday, I did level 1 shred it w/ weights & 1 section from amy's kb dynamics. I am sore today :D. Jillian's workout is not bad. Her form was questionable but if u have a solid kb base, u can do the moves right :rolleyes:

I'll try to get back later, we are busy

I got up at 4:30 this morning and got my cardio in before I had to leave to get the girls and take them to school, I still need to go do abs. I started with Turbo Fire Fire 30 32 minutes 235 calories HR Avg 130 Max 162. Then I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome Interval premix skipping the w/up and stretch 13 minutes, 113 calories HR avg 150 Max 166, I followed this with Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout Knockouts only 13 minutes, 119 calories 141 avg HR 164 Max HR. Cardio time was 58 minutes and Calories 467. I will post back when I finish with abs and some stretching:)

Debbie, I am glad to hear that the hip flexors were fine with your treadmill workout:D

Theresa, I will have to look for that Jillian workout.

Hi Everyone and Happy Thursday!!

Debbie - Nice workout today!! I'm glad the hip flexor is feeling better. :) I will definitely have to try the abs from KP&C - haven't done them in a while. I have been trying to do core work on my cardio days (Tues, Thurs and Sat), so I'm looking for some good ones....:)

Diane Sue - I read your post from yesterday about oversleeping - my worst nightmare!! I always set 2 alarms and yet rarely even sleep until the first one goes off - go figure!! I get up about 3+ hours before I have to be at work so I can fit in my workout, housework, etc., so 4:30 am is "like" sleeping in for me. I'm usually up between 2:30 am and 3:00 am most "work" days...argh!!

Theresa - Do you like the Jillian DVD's? I just can't get into most of her workouts. I did the 30 day shred, but wasn't that impressed... I did think some of her Wi Fit stuff was fun, although not much in the way of extreme exercise. Have a great day!! :)

Lori - Hi!! I'm glad you are feeling better. So, DS is back to school now? That must be nice in a way...to give you some more time for workouts, study time, etc?

Hi to everyone else!! My internet at work is actually working today...so far!! Have happy workouts!!

Cheryl

Debbie - How great :D That hip flexor twinge was such a pain in the ... hip flexor ;). Nice workout. I like KP and C's abs too.

Theresa - Good kb workout, Theresa. Was wondering how the the violin lessons are going? The Budokon track has some (violin's) in its music track -- made me think of you last night for some reason :D

Diane Sue - Great workout :) . Did you say you've been sticking with TF since June sometime (am I remembering that right)? That's impressive. Not just your perseverence (which I'm pretty much used to by now ;)), but a workout you can stay with that long and not get sick of. Maybe because you can still mix them up with other things? Like how you did that today, btw. How is Amy's Dome Challenge?

Cramps and mood still rollercoaster-ing (I am SURE that's a word :confused:). However, I did do my interval workout yesterday. It was very tough and very good. About 70 minutes, not including w/u or c/d. Sections of it, really, were tougher than anything else I've attempted before. Some room to grow and so, I will try it again next week. Having a better sense of something always helps, I think - better feel for how to pace myself. Looking back, I MAYBE could have pushed a bit harder during a few of the "all out effort" rounds (not sure all the one's that were supposed to be, truly were). That would bug me, but I'm just glad I buckled down and did it at all. That was the hardest part. Last night, I also did 40 minutes of Budokon (Power and Agility) and 10 minutes tgu practice. Today, I'm going to do an STS Meso 1 legs. They did get hit pretty hard already yesterday, but feel pretty fresh right now, so :rolleyes: Maybe some light cardio or yoga tonight. FOAM ROLLER.

Hi to everyone else. I haven't been doing so good at checking back for later posts. DS being back in school's sort of disoriented me timewise. I will tonight (check back). Hope everyone's doing well.

Lori

Cheryl - We must have been posting around the same time. Had to come back and say HI :D Missed you. You may well have posted and I didn't see, but I was wondering about the house. Any certain (good) news for you? I very much hope so. Also, hope you are doing well. I'm guessing camping season is over :( Bums me to say that. I'm not ready for the season change. Thought of you when I did the Gauntlet a few days back. Think your mention of it inspired me to pull it out again. Ummmm ... thanks a lot :p

Anyway. Have kept you in my prayers. Good to see your post :D

Lori

Theresa - You are really killing it with the kb workouts! Nice job. Good to hear you're sore! LOL!!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout! Did you pre-order Amy's new workouts? I watched a clip on one of the new workouts and it looks fun. I may break down and buy them. I heard her chore is hard, though, and that really makes me hate workouts when I can't do them. We'll see. I want to hear reviews of them first.

Cheryl - Hip flexor is ok for today. Not sure what it will do next weed or even tomorrow. It seems very tempermental. :confused:

Lori - Sorry about your cramps and the rollercoaster stuff. Sucks, but you did good with that workout! Nice job! Hope it made you feel better! :)

Hi to everyone else!!!

Lori, I like Amy's Dome Challenge a lot. I do usually do it as an add on to something else though. You get a lot of core work in this blended with upper and lower body. The first 5 minutes is lower body and keeps your HR elevated. The entire workout is around 25 minutes. Yes, I started doing Turbo FIres June 28. I checked my calendar and that is 10 weeks. They are fun enough that I have not been bored with them. Generally I can't stand to stick with something that long. Most of them are not so long as well so I can blend in other stuff.

Debbie, I preordered both of Amy's new workouts. Her choreography is better in her more recent workouts. I am looking forward to the Hi/Lo since it is supposed to be athletic and from what I understand not so difficult on the choreography.

Last edited:
Hello Again!!

Roselyn - You got up at 4:30 am to work out also??!! What a crazy bunch...thanks for making me feel more "sane" somehow...:)

Diane Sue - I'm jealous...wish I could order some new workouts. :( Oh well, at least I (hopefully) will get a new workout room when we close on the new house.

Lori - Rollercoaster-ing is DEFINITELY a word. I know, 'cause it's one I have used myself. :p You have REALLY been kicking things up a notch with the workouts. I love how you are mixing things up, etc. :) I hope the "mood" improves for you though, because I also have been in a bit of a funk for the past few weeks. As for the house, the appraisal is done and was fine, but I will not get a FINAL word from the bank until early next week. Thanks very much for the prayers - I need all I can get.

I did preorder Cathe's new DVD's, which I definitely shouldn't have, but I need something NEW to look forward to. Also, DH has promised that later this fall (if everything goes well with the new house), he will work some extra jobs and buy me my own copy of STS. I have been borrowing the discs on and off from my neighbor, and she borrows several of my DVD's as well, but when we move I will be sort of, well.....out of touch, and I can't live without STS....right?

That's all for now. We are closing camp over the next few weeks and have already brought most of our things home. I think we are going up north this Sat. to take out one of the boats, which really is depressing. I will miss all of my "family" at our camp up north over the winter. I hope the new house keeps me busy and occupied enough to get through some of my usual end of season blahs....

Have a great night!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.