Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 8/31

Today was cardio and I sure did need a good cardio workout. I haven't done Step Blast in forever so I did that. I'm kind of sick of this workout, I use to do it all the time and got really burned out on it. Even now I'm still sick of it. But today when "Painted Black" started I just got recharged and did the challenges with no problems. I love that song and when that part of this workout comes on I just go all out. I was sweating like crazy.

HR STATS:
60 minutes total
1 minutes below zone
11 minutes in zone
48 minutes above zone
525 calories burned
:eek:

Debbie- Nice calorie burn.....I haven't done step blast in 4eva :D Did you wind up preordering the new workouts?

Yesterday I did a TRX Treadmill circuit. I did a 2 min warm up, a 40 sec jog between exercises, and a 2 min cool down. 3 sets of 8-12 were used

chest press/chest fly/press fly combo
incline back row-changed hand positions
shoulder y t i W
bicep curl/tricep extension combo
sprinter start lunges w/ hop
hip press

No abs.......My abs are still angry from last Saturday (the lower abs). This TRX is gonna be my new best friend :D

Hermia-I think you have enough going on w/ the dissertation alone :p

I had the hardest time pushing myself to workiout this morning. Then when I got started I pulled out my new 20# vest like Cathe's that I got ffor my birthday. When I went to pull the velcro closure together it came off:mad: (mine was a present and dd got it from Academy) So, I used it without closing the velcro. Anyway I did STS Mesocycle 2 week 1 legs 51 min 261 calories. Then I did Kelly Coffey 30 Min to fitness LIft Quick Body Refiner using a 45# barbell & wearing my 2# gloves,8 min 36 calories. I followed with Shock Cardio Circuit Blast cardio premix 23 min 155 calories Max HR ?? I only saw it go to 160 but the readout at the end said 225. I know that is not correct or I surely would have felt it. I am guessing it was when I moved the strap around because something was digging into me. I finished off with Turbo Fire Abs 10 and Stretch 10. I wore the 2# weighted gloves during abs 10. This was 23 minutes and 74 calories. Total workout time 1 hr 46 minutes and calories burned 526.

Debbie, I love Paint it Black too. That was one of the reasons I think I did that workout so much:D Great calorie burn.

Theresa, nice workout:D

Good morning - Yesterday ended up being a rest day. Worked until 7, and then went right into the basement - didn't quit until close to midnight. SO. Triset legs today. Would also like to get in some Cardio or Budokon tonight.

Debbie - Exact same thing happened to me with Step Blast. It's been almost a year since I've pulled that one out. Very good numbers :D

Theresa - Like your workout - well put together :D - I am really glad I ordered the Budokon series. When I was previewing it, I was a little intimidated. Some of the movements ~ I watched ... and just didn't know. For example, there's a series called the floating frog (lots of animal names) that goes from a deep hip opener into crow, then he immediately 'floats' into chatarunga. It's repeated several times. It kind of just didn't look POSSIBLE to me at first. But, I remembered feeling that way the first time I watched Cathe do the levitation pose in yoga abs (STS). When I actually tried it, it wasn't so tough at all - even with legs extended. It's kind of like that -- some things LOOK different or difficult/unfamiliar, so I can psyche myself out a little - know what I mean? Moreover, they aren't workouts I'll master by the second or third time (at least not Power and Agility - only one I've worked with so far) - that's part of what I like about it. Once it gets going, it moves pretty fast and some of the movement sequences feel a bit complicated at first. But I feel pretty optimistic that I'll get there. GREAT blend of yoga, martial arts and meditation. Feels like something I need right now. The basement floor project? I don't know. It just kind of happened and then took on a life of its own :confused: one of those things. Maybe I should just get cable ;)

Hermia - I was wondering how your dissertation was coming along. Bet it isn't easy to find time to really work on it. Hard to imagine you taking on any more than you are right now. Glad you got your yoga in. Are you still taking the Friday class?

Hi to everyone that follows :)

Lori

Diane Sue - We must have posted around the same time. I'm dragging today, too. Way to get it done though :D Bummer about the vest :( Was it much more comfortable than the Big Black Bullet Proof version you used to use (and I still do :confused:)? Curious about what difference, if any, you might have noticed using it. Maybe that would be hard to tell since you couldn't fasten it. Do you think there's any way they might still replace it? Anyway, very good workout -- guess I best go do mine now ;) Have a good day :D

Lori

Lori, yeah, I am, but I did skip it this last Friday cuz I wanted to sleep...*needed* to sleep, lol.

So with the presale over, does that mean you can't order the new workouts at all until they release? Or you just don't get the bit of a discount? I was thinking I'd wait as I seem to have spent most of my money this month when my niece was visiting. =)

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Sorry I have been MIA so much over the past few weeks. I am still trying to buy this house and it's been absolutely CRAZY jumping through hoops for the bank, etc. Also, I have been working like a madwoman and just haven't had time to post. I have been reading the posts at night most of the time, however.

Nice workouts everyone!!

I did ME Monday and most of IMax 2 this morning. I wish I could say I got my tapeworm under control, but alas I have not. I ate so much JUNK over the past few weeks......ARGH. It's back to the drawing board. :mad:

Have a great day everyone and I'll check back when I can.

Cheryl

Theresa - Yes, I did preorder. Wasn't going too because I'm not even sure I'll do the workouts much, but it's nice to have some new workouts. I'm actually looking forward to them. TRX sounds awesome, glad you are enjoying it!

Diane Sue - LOL on your HR going to 225! :eek: I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be telling us about the workouts if that happened. Too funny! Sorry about your vest. Why can't things be made to last for goodness sakes? Yes, Painted Black makes me love that workout. I was so wishy washy with the three step segments then when that song came on I just found all kinds of energy. It's amazing what music can do for you with workouts.

Lori - Hope you enjoyed your rest day, although it sounds like all you did was work!

Roselyn - Nice workout! That looked like a really good combo.

Hermia - I think you can still preorder, but I'm assuming the price went up a tad.

Cheryl - Good to see you! I was wondering what happened to you. Good luck with your house!

Linda - Have you had your back/leg looked at yet? That's not good that it is still bothering you. Does your back hurt? I'm surprised your kids aren't in school yet, ours started last week. I can't believe summer is over already. :( Makes me sad.

Debbie - No back pain. I did schedule a massage but my therapist can't see me until next Saturday.:( Nice calorie burn this morning!

Linda, I wonder why you are still experiencing the numbness? Our grandchildren started school the 19th. I bet you are enjoying your summer with the children. I bet you find plenty to do with that alone time:) It will probably seem strange at first.

DianeSue
- Wow can't believe your grandchildren started already. It will be very strange at first as I have not been alone for 9 years.

Linda - Kindergarten. Wow. I remember ... that was when DS gave up his blanky (aka 'Gucky') -at least in public. About to lapse into the "they grow up so fast" cliche'. They sure do though. Like Diane Sue said, it was an adjustment (and I sort of felt like I needed Gucky for awhile - To think of it, still do every now and then :confused:) Sorry you're still hurting. I'd be dreading the shoulder surgery, too. Will be so good to have it behind you though, huh? Keeping you in my prayers.

Lori - I made the shoulder call today, just got an answering machine but the first step has been taken. Fortunately Kindergarten is only half day, just that I haven't been alone in nine years. What ever will I do?

Linda-they have two certs, 1 for PT's and 1 for group training. Go to the link below to get more info and leighcrews.com has a lot of info (if you go to the workshop tab). She is the master trainer for the TRX. Sorry you are still having the numbness, something has to be impinged somewhere.....Have you done any of the new KCM? (Lift or circuit burn)?

Theresa
- Thanks for the link. I don't have any of the new KCMs.

This morning was AOS Providence. It seems my shoulder bothers me less when I use my legs to assist getting that weight up as opposed to traditional lifting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.