Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 8/11

Today was Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 37, Squat Rack Legs. LOVED this workout and had a great one! It's weird to lift heavy for legs, it's been a really long time since I've done this. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!

Warmup:
Squats - 65#/10 reps
Squats - 70#/10 reps

Workout:
Squats - 85#/8 reps
***4 sets with a 3 minute rest between each set.

Barbell Elevated Deadlifts - 80#/8 reps

Leg Press Station - 155#/8 reps

NOTE: This was suppose to be Front Squats but I hate those. This station works the same muscles a front squat will work so I love using this aparatus for that.

Static Lunge - 75#/8 reps

NOTE: Anyone who has done Cathe workouts knows that she says you should never touch your knee to the floor when you do these. She says they may graze the floor but should not touch them. I don't know about you all, but I can't get anywhere near the floor with my knee. I always wonder if I'm doing them wrong?

GM Ladies!

Debbie - Nice workout today!! I could never come close to the floor either, but I think it's because I'm fairly tall. My friend who also has done STS can actually rest her knee on the floor, but she is only 5'3", so maybe that's what Cathe is talking about...?

Today was Muscle Max - great workout. I am sure I will feel this one tomorrow. I am down 1.4 lbs this morning, so that's pretty good, but I still have to be very careful about eating over the next few weeks. :eek:

Has anyone preordered the new DVD's from Cathe? I think I am going to because the price looks good, AND I'm such a Cathe junkie!! LOL

I have been thinking about doing the Terminator DVD on Friday, but it looks scary! :eek:

Have a great day everyone!

Cheryl

Yesterday was AOS providence. Tbis kb workout kicked my tail :)
I got some very strange quad cramping w/ the overhead squat...

Debbie-u r making me want 2 do sts again & I can't get my knee near the floor either. Do u feel a pull in ur achilles/lower calf on those lunges? I did the last time I did those...weird

Cheryl-nice work on MM, I really like that one.
Gr8 job on the weight loss :D. I didn't preorder, I did the math based on the site I usually order from & I would only save $7 by preordering

Theresa - No, I don't feel anything in that area when doing lunges. I just can't get my knee to the floor. Not sure that's a necessity though. Seems it would put too much stress on the knee going down that low. And the calf.

I had a good workout today then went to lunch with dh. I had a protein shake with 1/2 cup orange juice post workout so I just got some steamed veggies and put soy sauce on them:) Then I had to run back to the store for missed items.
Workout was Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness Olympic Lifting addin on the 17 min Olympic Lifting premix, 47 minutes 283 calories burned. I used 12# dumbbells for the warm up, then a 35# barbell for the workout. During the premix I used two 15# kettlebells and 20's for one set of the squat/clean/press move. Then I did Turbo Fire 55 EZ 54 minutes 414 calories Max HR 163 and stretch 10, 12 1/2 min 44 calories.
Total workout time was 1 hr 52 minutes and calories burned was 727.

Roselyn, I like the Core 20 too. Nice workout:D

Debbie, I get pretty close to the floor if I am using lighter weight but not with heavy weight. I think I would break something:eek: I bet you are sore tomorrow with those weights:D

Cheryl, good job on the weight loss. I bet you can handle the terminator;)

Theresa, Providence is such a good workout. I did it to death when I first got it. Then managed to injure myself so some day I need to pull it back out again:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.