Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/26

Can't believe how cool it is riught now. No humidity and it's very beautiful out. It's about time. Really sick of the 90 degree weather with humidity so high you can't breath. Makes summer a true bummer!

Today was Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 22, Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Feel good today, no pain or tightness in the neck or shoulder area. Had a great workout and really felt strong today.

This week is Drop Sets. With each drop set exercise there was a 10 second rest between each set.

I can't figure out for the life of me why Cathe doesn't do one drop set with chest work? :rolleyes:

Warmup:
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps
Wide Pushups - 10 reps
Standard Pushups - 10 reps

Workout:
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 85#/12 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 85#/10 reps
Flat Bench Barbell Press - 85#/8 reps

Incline Flyes - 30's/12 reps
Incline Flyes - 30's/10 reps
Incline Flyes - 30's/8 reps

Incline Bench Press - 80#/12 reps
Incline Bench Press - 80#/10 reps
Incline Bench Press - 80#/8 reps

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 20's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 15's/10 reps
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 12's/10 reps
***These really burned.

Incline Bench Front Raise - 10's/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 8's/10 reps
Incline Bench Front Raise - 5's/10 reps
***If I don't feel these tomorrow I'll be amazed. Got a huge burn in the front of my shoulders.

Seated Lateral Raise - 12's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 10's/10 reps
Seated Lateral Raise - 8's/10 reps

Seated Rear Flyes - 15's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 12's/10 reps
Seated Rear Flyes - 10's/10 reps
***Should have gone heavier.

Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 55#/12 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 55#/10 reps
Flat Bench Tricep Extensions - 55#/8 reps
***Last set was brutal!

Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps
Close Grip Pushups - 8 reps on toes/2 on knees
Close Grip Pushups - 10 reps on knees
***These were hard. I usually can do these with no problem but after the extensions my tri's were fried.

Double-Arm Kickbacks - 10's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 8's/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks - 5's/10 reps
***Should have gone heavier here.

Last edited:
Debbie-Yay for no pain :) And you are really breezing through STS, I can't believer you are on m2w4 already. I sent a link Saturday for the clubs, I didn't know if you saw it.

No workouts over the weekend, fighting w/ DH left me EXHAUSTED, but I think we might have made some headway....I hope so b/c I was/am spent. Turbo Fire on the agenda today and maybe some abs. I have got to get it together workout-wise, I have been very lazy.

Hello to all that follow.

Debbie-Yay for no pain :) And you are really breezing through STS, I can't believer you are on m2w4 already. I sent a link Saturday for the clubs, I didn't know if you saw it.

No workouts over the weekend, fighting w/ DH left me EXHAUSTED, but I think we might have made some headway....I hope so b/c I was/am spent. Turbo Fire on the agenda today and maybe some abs. I have got to get it together workout-wise, I have been very lazy.

Hello to all that follow.

Theresa - Yes, I seen it and bookmarked it. Thanks! Hope you are your dh work out your differences. That is the worst, isn't it?

Today was STS shoulders, bis and tris.

Deciding what to have for lunch.

Theresa, I ordered Turbo Fire so I am looking forward to starting that. I have Insanity on the agenda for tomorrow.

This morning since I'm still having pain, I did NRG Strength workout which is supposed to help the knees, back, shoulders and neck (your weakest links - which are all killing me). That was 35" and it is the yoga type workout with dynamic tension. Then I did Intro Cardio Barre workout with part of ...the arm segment from the Intermediate workout. Workout was 1 and 20 minutes and I burned 597. Max HR was 140. I then did PM yoga with Jason Crandall. I have a doct appt in a bit. Hope I'm not there too long ....as he's not usually good about those sorts of things....gyno. Have great workouts.

Debbie - Really good workout - :D. I wondered why there weren't drop sets for chest, too. So glad you're feeling good ('bout dang time ;) :p) )!

Theresa - Heck of a way to spend a weekend :confused: I don't think anything is more exhausting than the emotional stuff. Glad things are a little bit better - hopeful. Very happy to see your post today ... was concerned/wondering how you were.

Lora - Not the best place to spend (part of) your day off :confused: - I hate waiting in Dr's office's - that's not unique to me, I know. I thought about ordering the cardio barre workouts awhile ago. Can't remember why I decided not to - what do you think of them?
Hope your appointment goes quickly and smoothly and you have a good day.

Diane Sue - Saw your post from last night. It sure made me smile. Not because your garden is a "challenge" for you, but because ... YES. EXACTLY. I go through the same thing, just a slightly different version. With me, It's mostly my rock garden. Lonf drawn out project where I planted some flowers and grasses, but mostly decided to grow wildflowers from seed. I've used mixes that you just broadcast and then wait to see what comes up. They're really beautiful, and all year different flowers appear. SOUNDS nice - it's the weeds though. Very hard to tell whcih is which (Especially when they're first coming up). It looks great if I'm super vigilent about staying on top of it, but if I let it go for more than a week (at the most) ... :confused: So mostly, in "theory" it's a great garden. I know exactly how I want it to look - it's rarely (if ever) quite gotten there (also too bad it's right behind DS's soccer goal - which wasn't the case when I first put it in). I have similar stories/issues for the rest of the garden's and yard, too. Vexes me to no end. Thanks for commiserating :) -(darn tomatoes ;) ).

Contractor's coming over -

bbl

Lori

Happy Monday Everyone!

I posted earlier today, but my post got lost - :confused: I'm not quite sure what happened, so if it shows up again - sorry....

Debbie - I'm glad the weather is better. :D The humidity is down here today also, and it's GREAT!! I think it's supposed to get back up there on Tues and Wed, but I'll take the 80's and no humidity any day! Nice workout today. :)

Theresa - I'm glad you are making progress with DH - my theory is "boys are dumb". ;) I still get a laugh from you post about "kicking him in the head" LOL, LOL. DH and I also had some "words" over this past weekend, so I can relate.... Keep your chin up!

Lori - I'm glad you sound better this week. I have been really trying to get out of a "funk" since the end of last week - ARGH. I have a 10 day vacation coming up next week, but I am still feeling kind of "blah". I think the fact that I have gained back about 5-6 lbs has me a little bummed.... Anyway, what's up with the contractor? Roof again?

Lora - Good luck at the doc's office today. :) I hope things at work are improving - if that is possible. Nice workout today.

Diane Sue - Thanks for making me feel better about not eating very well over the weekend. I read your post from Sat or Sun, and you even posted that you didn't make the best food choices - made me feel a little better. ;)
Good luck with the yard work.

Roselyn - Good luck with Insanity - that's a killer!!

Hi to anyone I missed!! I am off to Wal-Mart for "mega" shopping prior to vacation next week. We have about 20 people coming up to camp over the first week of August, so I am going to be VERY busy. :eek: I LOVE having all of the company, but it just isn't seeming much like vacation.

Oh...duh...my workout today was Muscle Max. I'm back to the basic "Get ready for Summer" rotation. My neck is sore today also, so I think I need some stretching or something later tonight. Have fun!!

Cheryl :cool:

Workout is done. I had to pick up my grandchildren from dil's work. She took her dd in with her to have her checked for pink eye. They think it is just allergies. So while I was that way I did my errands. Workout was TF fire 30 32 min Max Hr 171 249 calories, then I did 4 Day Split lower premix 31 min 170 calories, f...ollowed with TF lower 20 class 21 min 103 calories, and Turbo Fire strech 10 12 min 41 calories. Total calories buened 572 workout time 97 min..
Eating today would be excellent except for the Starbucks Frappacino I had:rolleyes: It is so darn hot and I have a scratcy throat and have been coughing like crazy. Post workout meal was blueberries, kiwi, kefir blended with 1 scoop Dymatize vanilla whey, a few hazelnuts, cinnamon and 1 tsp honey.
Starbucks while out.
Lunch was leftover pork tenderloin on a low carb garlic and herb torilla with tomato, avocado, and fat free Italian dressing
Dinner will probably be fish

Lori, I have a built up rock garden on the street corner that you see as soon as you turn into our neighborhood so I try to keep a variety of color in it. It has 3 evergreen trees in it and I put a low evergreen that spreads out among the rocks. Then I planted flowers in various areas. I have had compliments from neighbors on how pretty it looks. I made myself up a to do list for the week. My granddaughter likes to look at my lists and see what she can do to help get it done:D My grandson came home and gave the dog a bath. That is a huge help.

Debbie, nice workout as usual. I have done STS so much I just haven't had a lot of desire to do those weight workouts. Maybe after a few others I will be ready to tackle it again.

Lora, my neck and shoulders have been sore. I think it was from all of the tubing work I have been doing with the Turbo Fires and Slim in Six Express workout. I am giving it a rest with the tubing for a bit. It seems much better today after having a few days of not using it. Hope you get some relief. Chalene does caution about keeping the neck and shoulders relaxed. I like that 10 min stretch she does. Especially the rotator cuff stuff.

Theresa, I am sure you are pretty well emotionally drained. I hope things improve for you. Good luck with Turbo Fire.

Cheryl, this is the first summer that we did not have a big family camp out on the 4th. It was always so much work loading up food for everyone and planning it out. We had a lot of fun but were sure spent when we got home:)
I have times where eating is great and times where it just is not good. But somehow I seem to manage to maintain. It is when I start packing on weight and I know it is not likely muscle that I start worrying over it. But then I get it back in control. I try not to let it bother me too much.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - yes, tubing does the same thing to me. I'm thinking I'll sub freeweights for Turbo Fire, however, I've read that tubing is supposed to be good to use for your muscles and joints....so I'm confused. I try to use tubing every once in a while to change things up......but I always end up in a lot of neck/shoulder pain....so maybe I'll just use DBs for the shoulder work and use the tubing for everything else and see if that helps. I don't know what's up with my knees hurting, but they have been hurting bad the last couple months. The only thing I can think of is standing for those long days at work?

Roselyn - Nice workout!! I want the Turbo Fire workouts too!

Lora - Did you get my PM on Twilight?

Lori - Contractors again? WTH?

Cheryl - Nice going with MM! Love that one! Sounds like your vacation is going to be a lot of work!

Diane Sue - Great workouts and nice eats (except for the Starbucks, but we all have to have Starbucks once in a while!) Didn't it cool off where you are? We are finally getting a couple days break with the heat and humidity.

Lora, I have read good things about using tubing along with weights. But I think maybe I should limit to once a week or something. It is not worth the pain it seems to cause. My knees hurt when I do a lot of Kettlebells using heavier weight. Not sure why. But they start hurting along the inside of my knees.

Debbie, when I left this morning it was 93 degrees out. Still pretty hot. It was in the 100 degree range though so I guess it is slightly cooler. We don't even go out on the new Harley because it is just too hot. Then at night you catch all of the bugs.

Diane Sue - my knees are hurting right in the patella....and hurt mostly when I bend my legs to go down my stairs....especially in the mornings when I first get up. I think I might do 1/2 hour of cardio tomorrow and another YRG workout to see if I can help my pain. I have to get up early....so we shall see.

Deb - yes, I got the PM....but I've yet to try to find the books. I do want to get them though. Thanks!

Need opinions....not sure if I should be working my abs. I don't want them to get all weak and I know that strong abs will help my lower back pain, but I'm having that side pain that is residual from my fall down the steps .....yes, a year and a half ago!! It seems like it flares up severely from mountain climbers, squat thrusts, which I've been doing slow mo and modifying.....but even when I do crunches, it acts up. Should I try doing just plank work and reverse crunches before I totally give up on working them? I'm beside myself. I know a strong core is key....but this side pain is killing me. It seems my entire right side is in spasm. Ana (Brett of Ravi & Ana) once told me it sounds like I have a block in my life line arc or something to that nature....which makes sense...as I've been really stressed lately. Perhaps I should add in 1-2 days of Kundalini and see if I get better? correcting my arcline perhaps? just babbling.....feel free to comment.

Lora, if it hurts I would think it would be best not to do it. Planks are good if they don't bother you. Maybe use more balance and flexibilty work and give it time. I was thinking of the Bosu Explode workout with Keli Roberts. I think that one would be a good core and flexiblity workout. I never read all of the stuff on AOS that Anthony put out on his road to recovery from the back surgury. Have you checked around to see what type of exercises would help?

Lora, is it normal for an injury from so long ago to still give you pain? Sorry if it's a silly question; I've just never had such an experience. Have you talked to a doctor? I definitely wouldn't do anything that makes it hurt.

Theresa, I hope things improve with you and your male. Men, they're just...different. Sometimes they seriously don't get it, even the best of them. Someone said earlier in the thread that the emotional stuff is so draining; I definitely agree.

Well, today I went to yoga class, a new teacher. I wouldn't have minded if the class had been a bit more challenging, but overall it was a really good class and she seems to have a nice personality, very fun and friendly. She said she typically does a "strong" class, but this time she'd go easy as it was the "first date". I do hope she makes it a bit tougher. When my schedule changes this fall, I'll probably be going to her class regularly.

Yesterday was Push/Pull, with occasional kitty interuptions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.