Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/22

Today was cardio and I chose a premix from Amy Bento's In the Ring. Had an ok workout, I like this one ok but she goes through the combos for so damn long. It gets annoying. But it was pretty fun anyways. I like the med-ball segments.

This premix was Combo 1, 2 and 4 I think.

CARDIO STATS:
52 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
32 minutes in zone
15 minutes above zone
396 calories burned

I didn't get a chance to get back in here yesterday, but I'm good with the food challenge. I have specified my calorie intake but unlike Theresa, I won't let myself have a cheat every day, that is just too tempting for me to make it more then a cheat. So I'll follow my plan as best as I can and see how it goes. I hope I can come in here and share the details on a daily basis, but not too sure about that.

I've been on a fruit kick lately. My body is craving fruits like I can't believe. So I've been eating it as much as I want. I know they are high in carbs and sugar, but I do believe its better to eat then candy and cookies. :eek:

Morning Maniacs - Ugh...did not want to roll out of bed or workout today. I planned on getting up a bit early so that I could do some yoga for my aching back....but that didn't happen. My workout was 10 Min Sol's Dance Fat off Fast with Leah Serago (3 segments) and the cardio portion of Martial Fusion Flexibility with Guillermo Gomez. Workout was 65" and I burned 570 calories. Max HR was 155 (on the strapped unit), but I only caught it at 150 on the touch monitor.

I'm VERY stressed about work. Hearing ALL kinds of rumors about everyone being placed in the cosmetics bays. My one coworker (who rarely has anything nice to say to me - so I try to stay away from her)...told me to be careful cuz my manager doesn't have "My back" and she's under pressure to place peeps and that the one girl that just got out of training is going straight to Lancome without having to work at another dept. in the store. She told me more shit too....and it's probably true, as she's always talking to my manager. I'm so stressed about this. I'm worried I'm gonna end up in a dept I hate or worse, end up in one where I can't make my numbers and be fired eventually. Can't calm down!!!

Lori - hope you are feeling better today. I REALLy enjoy your posts.....please feel free to reach out ALWAYS.

Last edited:
Good Morning -

Debbie - I had the same feeling with In the Ring not so long ago. I think it's a pretty good workout and I really liked it when I first got it - but once you're familiar with the combo's the repetition can feel like a bit much. Theresa said something about it being a good one on days when you don't feel like thinking. That made sense to me - lately that would qualify MOST of my days. Your numbers look really good :) Hope you have a good day.

I posted pretty late last night. Low impact cardio for me today. B Blanks had a Bootcamp series from 2005 (I think. He had more than one with several DVD's for each). It's not too bad and has some good band work, for shoulders especially. So, maybe that one - and some floorwork or ... something. I'm not sure yet. I also plan to do some yoga tonight. My feet feel a lot better :). That's good but I'm not going to push it.

Hope you all have great workouts (bet you will ;) ) .

I'll try to bbl -

Lori

Lora - We were posting at the same time. Your workout looked good - I have something with Guillermo and Janet Saffell (sp?) in it. It's a pretty fun kickbox - has 'Hardcore' :p in the title. Sorry work' s so tough right now. Not sure that makes sense - it's rarely otherwise, huh? Could you go tell your manager what you heard and try to talk through it directly? Stuff like that can really eat at you. The girl who's telling you this stuff - hard to imagine she has your best interest in mind. Maybe you should bring another mag and do your nails again. I'd stay away from that grapevine if I were you (though I imagine you have limited control over that) - think it's really mostly poison ivy :confused: . Hope your day goes ok. Hang in there.

Last edited:
Ok, these are the foods I've had for most of the week:

Meal 1 - Protein shake with pineapple & strawberries (drank this after my workout)
Meal 2 - 1/2 c. oats w/BSN whipped vanilla & 1 banana
Meal 3 - Turkey on an Arnold thin, 12 almonds
Meal 4 - Greek yogurt w/1 tbsp. pecans
Meal 5 - Stir fry chicken & salad w/lite Italian dressing

1622 calories
53 g. fat - 29%
139 g. protein - 34%
165 g. carbs - 41%

Damn fruit. It really puts me way over my carb intake. But for now I'll deal wtih it because like I said before, I am craving fruit and I'm assuming there is a reason for it, so I'm gonna keep eating it.

Lora - I'm so sorry to hear you are still having such problems at work. I know how nerve-racking that can be. Going through some crap here at work myself. I sure hope things workout the way you want them too.

Lori - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with life lately. I hope things calm down for you and you start feeling more like yourself. It's hard to workout when the motivation isn't there. Hang in there, girl! And I do remember reading you and Theresa not liking In the Ring all that much because of the repetitiveness. I'm with you on that!

Hi to everyone! Again, I'm sorry I haven't been up on personals. I do read everything, though.

Today I did Turbo Fire EZ 45(not easy at all
icon_eek.gif
) 43:44 minutes 343 calories Max HR 169. Took a little breather then did Turbo Fire Hiit 15(not so bad because the intervals were only 30-40 sec) 17 minutes 150 calories Max HR 174. I then did abs using Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs1 using 15 and 20# kettlebells 14 minutes 85 calories, then I did Brook Benton's Kettlebell Butts and Guts Express Abs using a 20# kettlebell 8:45 minutes 46 calories. I finished with Turbo Fire Stretch 10 12:30 minutes 44 calories. Total time spent was 95 minutes and calories burned 668.
I have to go back to Beauty brands and get the hair conditioner I didn't get home with yesterday. Can't believe I came home with another litre of shampoo
icon_confused.gif
Eating was pretty good for me yesterday. I sort of changed up the TF Inferno plan. I can't survive on that few of calories. Had some almond butter with protein powder mid day. Ate Kefir, blueberries and a little of some low carb cereal called Hi/Lo for breakfast. No rice at dinner.

Debbie, I like to do the In the Ring Med ball premix. I believe she goes through those twice and there is one kickbox round on it. I think I did that one to death when I first got it. I have been eating more fruit lately. You are right it is better than candy. I try to stick to berries, pineapple and grapefruit though. Although with summer season the melons, peaches and plums are nice to take advantage of.

Lori, I think Saturday after I get through my 5 days of Turbo Fires I will do a lower impact workout and Bob's Harpers Yoga. My feet need a break. I have Billy's Ultimate lower body workout. I should do that one again:)

Lora, nice calorie burn and workout. Sorry about work.

Happy Thursday everyone!

I am SOOOO glad we are doing a "food challenge" - I really need it! :confused:

Today was the last day of 4 DS - higher impact step and heavy weights chest and back. I had to stop about 5-10 min short because I was running late this morning - still not sure why? I thought I got up at the usual time, but I must have taken more time than usual changing weights, etc. Anyway, I am going to add a cardio workout tomorrow and then GS upper body on Sat. at camp. I also am going to try to go running on Sat. or Sun because I really have been lacking cardio lately in this heatwave. The dogs need some good exercise also, so maybe a nice run and then swimming....

Debbie - I have been doing a lot of fruit lately also. I think citrus fruits are especially good and help burn fat - at least that's what I like to think! :rolleyes: You had a great workout today!! Also, thanks for posting your food for the day - got some good ideas (Greek yogart and pecans - YUM)

Lori - You definitely 'sound' better today....I think I said before that I love B. Blank's older stuff and have all of the "Ultimate" series - at least I think I do! I will have to pull those out again soon. I actually prefer his kickboxing to most of Cathe's, except KPC, but I'm even kind of sick of that one - did it SOOO many times. :eek: Did you do something to pamper yourself, or just for YOU???? I'm glad your feet are feeling better. :D Also, I have an Imelda Marcos confession to make........ I use a different pair of workout sneakers EVERY DAY..........seriously!! I have at least 10 pair of sneakers (less than 2 years old) that I alternate using for my workouts. I even keep at least 2-3 pair at camp because an orthopedic doc told me that using the same sneakers to work out in every day is TERRIBLE for your feet and ankles. Buy some awesome kicks for yourself!!!:D

Lora - I'm so sorry things are not going well at work. Please try to get yourself somewhere else - a healthier environment would make you feel so much better. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

Diane Sue - How did you manage another shampoo instead of conditioner? I have to laugh because I have done the exact same thing!!! DOH!! :eek: Nice workout today!

Hi to Roselyn, Theresa and Linda!! Hope I didn't miss anyone...

TTYL

Cheryl

Hey Ladies-

yesterday I got 30ish minutes of Turbo Fire 45EZ (which I completely agree w/ DS, it ain't EZ :) ) Today is not good for me food wise, I am having some dh issues and I am very distraught :( Anyway, I am going to talk to someone tomorrow who can hopefully shed some light on things, I swear...I just want to kick him in the head, but I don't think that is very mature or productive :rolleyes:

Debbie-Eats look fantastic, I need to get mine more along those lines. I would agree that fruit is a much better choice than cookies or the likes, so enjoy

Lora-nice calorie burn today

Diane Sue-I am glad you agree about the "EZ" workout, and I am in awe of you for doing MORE after the EZ one :p

Lori-glad the feet are feeling better, it is always easy to let the "maniac" get in the way of proper rest time :)

Cheryl-nice work on the 4DS, how do you like that setup? Gearing up for the food challenge, as I have been letting the food get away from me these last two days.......I think I am going to follow the core plan as it is outlined (except for the fact that they don't count protein powder and I need a bit more fat than the plan allows). I also think I need to at least track my eats, and I will be staying away from the office candy jar :cool:

The grandchildren and I went to lunch with dh. My lunch was supposed to be a loaded baked potato but with turkey bacon and low fat sour cream and cheese. So I had a baked potato with 1 Tbs regular sour cream and grilled catfish with a side salad. I figured that would give me a protein with the potato. Didn't have breakfast. I just had a protein drink using Pina Colada Whey and orange Crystal light so I was hungry. Dinner will be chicken with black beans and quinoa.

Cheryl, would you believe I bought two pumps for my litre bottles and dropped the bag when I was in the garage and broke one then tried the other only to find it didn't fit the bottle? I tell you, I must be jinxed when I go in that store. I have two pair of running shoes and two pair of cross trainers. But not as many shoes as you do. I like to give them time to dry out between workouts.

Theresa, you stopped right about where I was afraid that EZ 45 workout was about to do me in LOL That was one long intense segment she stuck in there. But it does slow back somewhat once you get through that part.

Today was cardio for me, Imax 2

My eats for today

M1-1 cup cereal with a splash of almond milk
M2- Protein shake with strawberries
M3- apple and 1Tnatural pnut butter
M4- salmon, broccoli, salad with balsamic vinagarette dressing

Still need to eat a snack soon.

I did Billy's Ultimate (he uses that word a lot, huh :confused:) Bootcamp (picked up my weights or a kb for the squat/lunge sets). It was ok. I'd like to get something else in this evening. THinking about the kb workout you sent me Theresa ... except there's some higher impact cardio segemnts. I wouldn't even count them. They're so short and not that much really - but ... I promissed myself, no jumping - guess I'm kind of 'grounded'
for a couple days. I could get on my bike for those segments (would probably make it even tougher). Have to run to the store and then I'll decide.

Debbie - Thank you :) . I appreciate that from you. One of the things I like so much about the new Tracey Staehle (you recommended, I think), is it has so little repetition. The first time I did it I was really struck by that. Just a different approach, I guess. Sure made the workout zoom by though (or maybe it just didn't feel like long enough to watch Josef :eek:).

Cheryl - I remember you're another "older Billy workout" fan. Wish I had some more from that time period. Good going on 4 day Split :). I rambled to you (and Diane Sue ... and anyone else) a little last night when I posted (not sure if you saw or not). Thanks for what you said yesterday - and today. Did you ever get to the Belly Dancing workout? Neena and Veena are still sitting by my computer :p . Maybe I'll at least watch it and see what I think. Can't recall anything about the workout (I guess it qualifies as that) except I felt ridiculous when I did it that one time (and never again :eek:). Also, I think my neighbor may actually BE Imelda in hiding. She truly does have over 100 pairs of shoes. I don't think ANY of them are tennies :eek: Cycling more than one pair is a really good idea, though. Not sure why I haven't had the sense to be doing that all along.

Diane Sue - That sounds like a good blend. Ultimate Lower Body really is a decent workout - and I just like to kick. I like to do cardio before yoga (I notice you often do) and not just yoga alone. When I go into it already warm, I enjoy it more or get more out of it ... something like that. Another great workout today, btw :)

Theresa - I'm sorry about the issues. That can color everything else about your day (grey-ish :confused: ). Laughed about your desire to do some head kicking. I've been there. Hope everything resolves - quickly. Tough to have it hanging over. Also thanks and yah - I am trying to behave. Never have been very good at keeping my feel on the ground, though - I don't much care for it :p

Roselyn - I love the Imax's - Well done on your eating, too.

Have a good evening -

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.