Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 7/13

Hmmm, I wonder what time they are taking down the forums?

Today was cardio and I started doing one of my Cardio Coach mixes. Did the warmup, the 4 minute steady state and then I did the challenge from CC #7, #2. It's the one where you do 10 alternating hill climbs and sprints with 30 second rest between each 1 minute interval. Did well until about the 8th interval and then my hip flexor got really tight and started aching. :(

I finished the challenge and then did a fast pace walk on a 4% incline for the rest of the workout.

Then I did the Ab work from Step, Jump & Pump which felt good. It's been too long since I've done ab work.

I used my foam roller and rolled out my hip flexor. I definitely don't want it to start hurting agian.

CARDIO ONLY STATS:
48 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
14 minutes in zone
29 minutes above zone
365 calories burned
2.6 miles travelled

Debbie-what the heck is up w/ the tm causing the hip flexor trouble? That is so strange, but nice work today. :)

Yesterday I did Turbo Fire 30/Stretch 10 followed by another stretch max segment. My trap/shoulder area is still REALLY annoying. I took ibuprofen, heated it, stretched it, tried to relax it, etc...and nothing :( I am wondering if my computer stuff aggrevates it, and the Pullup challenge made it worse. My lats were still sore from last Thursday. Also, I am so tight, the stretching was almost painful :mad: I guess I need to incorporate stretching daily-alternating between regular stretching, foam rolling, and indian clubs. I am very frustrated :mad:

but on a side note, Turbo Fire was a lot of fun. The music is great and the workout was energetic; It was not hard to learn :D

Happy Tuesday!

Debbie - Nice workout today!! How's the neck feeling?

Today was (most of) Maximum Intensity Cardio. I got really tired, so quit a little bit short. The heat/humidity is really starting to kick my butt, and even with a/c, my workout room stays really warm. Anyway, I have to clean up the eating a bit - I had 4 slices of pizza yesterday - ewwwwww...... I had been pretty good over the past week or so, but this week started off on a bad note. :mad:

I have Drill Max planned for my circuit workout tomorrow, and hopefully my DOMS from Muscle Max on Monday will be better. I am REALLY sore in my chest and traps today.

Have a wonderful day everyone and I'll try to check back later this afternoon.

Cheryl

Cheryl-I hear you on the heat, it makes it miserable :( We had about 2 weeks of REALLY nasty temps and now we are evidentally in monsoon season :p Hope the Doms clear up :)

Theresa - You are describing the pains I get. Do you have a knot right in your shoulder blade area? Or is it more on the side of your neck. Either way, I've had both and was dealing with both with this neck issue. Something is causing this to happen to us and I'm also wondering if it's all the computer work we do every day. It's usually always my right shoulder blade with the knot. Icing it helps and I have this massage pillow I use that loosens up the knot. I still have it but at least it's not a hard ball anymore. Ibuprofin helps me a lot. I'm sorry to hear this, it is very annoying to have these pains.

Cheryl - Neck is ok today but was hurting quite a bit yesterday. So not sure why it's ok today. You are one brave soul doing MIC. I hate that workout. Nice job! And I know what you mean, it is hard to workout even with A/C on. I can't believe how humid it has been so far this summer.

Debbie-that is exactly where it is. I call it the triangle of pain. It hurts from my rt trap to the inside of my rt shoulder blade and out to my shoulder. DH will massage the area and it causes pain all the way up to my jaw. I had a massage a few months ago that REALLY helped it, but I waited to long to go back in. I almost think I need to have one every month or at least every other month. It is relentless :( And I think it has everything to do w/ computer work and (in my case anyway) a tendency towards bad posture (rolling the shoulders forward). Is your chest tight also? There is info on the upper cross syndrome that is an overuse of the back muscles and an underuse of the chest muscles from posture, work, etc. AOS has a downloadable workout to correct and prevent this problem. At this point, I may look into it as it can't get any worse. What do you use to ice your shoulder area? and what kind of massage pillow do you have? Ok....sorry for the novel :p

Debbie-that is exactly where it is. I call it the triangle of pain. It hurts from my rt trap to the inside of my rt shoulder blade and out to my shoulder. DH will massage the area and it causes pain all the way up to my jaw. I had a massage a few months ago that REALLY helped it, but I waited to long to go back in. I almost think I need to have one every month or at least every other month. It is relentless :( And I think it has everything to do w/ computer work and (in my case anyway) a tendency towards bad posture (rolling the shoulders forward). Is your chest tight also? There is info on the upper cross syndrome that is an overuse of the back muscles and an underuse of the chest muscles from posture, work, etc. AOS has a downloadable workout to correct and prevent this problem. At this point, I may look into it as it can't get any worse. What do you use to ice your shoulder area? and what kind of massage pillow do you have? Ok....sorry for the novel :p

I think it is the computer work. On Thursdays when I'm laying our out paper - by the end of the day my right shoulder is burning and that knot starts to hurt. Maybe try and reposition your chair up or down to get your arm in a more comfortable position. That might help. Maybe your arm is going up too high?

I just use a gel ice pack that I've had for forever. Love that thing. I lay it right over my trap and down my shoulder blade for about 20 minutes or until it doesn't feel cold anymore. This is the pillow I have:

http://www.homedics.com/products/massage/therapist-select-shiatsu-massage-pillow.html

Wal Mart has them. My dh got it for me for Christmas and it is the best thing next to a real massage from a real person. It really hurts at first, but once the knot gets relaxed it really feels good.

I started my workout with Pyramid lower body 50 minutes, 224 caloreis, then I did Turbo Fire Lower 20 class with my versa loop 21 minutes 83 calories, I followed this with Turbo Fire Fire 60 class 58 minutes 501 calories. This is a fun one. Max HR was 170. Total workout time was 2 hr 8 min and calories burned was 807.

I have some nice doms in my triceps and lats from yesterday's Pyramid and Turbo Fire Tubing workout I did:D I am liking adding the tubing and bands after the weight work.

Debbie, I like the leg work and intensity I get doing hills on the treadmill but that is what causes a lot of my hip and hamstring problems. I think the hipflexor tighness is why the hamstrings start giving me fits. Even walking the inclines does it. So I just don't do it often. I guess my body mechanics just don't work with hills:confused:

Theresa, I keep my computer at a level where I don't have to look down at it and my arms don't have to come out in an odd position. If I use it where I have to look down at it or am doing paper work or hours on end I get terrible neck pain and a headache up from the shoulders into the back of my head. Ice helps me a lot with it but it is not something I like to deal with. Hope you can find relief. I had to chuckle at the monsoon. I am getting pretty tired of the rain. So odd for this time of year here. usually we are about to hit those odd even watering and no grilling bans.

Cheryl, I think the heat and humidity can really zap the energy. I went with dh for a long motorcycle ride Saturday and when we stopped for lunch I guzzled two large iced teas and when I got home I polished off 3 20 oz water bottles. I was exhausted.

Diane Sue - It seems the running is what was bothering it, not the hills. It's just frustrating. I love my treadmill and I hate the thought of not being able to do it anymore. I guess in half hour intervals I'm ok. Any longer then that and it starts to irritate my hip flexor. Nice workout today! You are a maniac!

Hi everyone -

Gym Style Legs (standing segment only) yesterday with some add on sets. Also did a half hour circuit of bodyweight exercises. GS Back, shoulders and biceps today. Some low impact cardio later.

Cheryl - THANK YOU! It is nice to be back :) Looks like you are busy as ever and getting in some excellent workouts. Like Debbie, I did not at all like MIC the first time I did it. Seems that I mind it less each time I do it - not sure why - probably will never be a favorite though.

Debbie - Great workout. Glad your neck is feeling better. At least you're figuring out what works for your hip flexor so you can still use your treadmill. Would suck to give it up since you enjoy it so much. Hope it doesn't give you any more trouble.

Theresa - The AOS download sounds like a good idea, I think. Since I started kb's some of their tips and approaches to dealing with the shoulder girdle/neck area have been so helpful to me. Not familiar with the download, but I sort of know what you may be going though. I have a herniated disc in my neck. It's really out there (you can feel it - kind of a crooked bulge back there :eek:). Surprisingly, it's not too bad most of the time but sometimes it really gets agitated and definitely shoots down into my traps and even shoulders. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this - especially with the birthday goal you set. Never a good time for set backs but sometimes they seem to come at particularily BAD times. Good strategy for dealing with it, though - hang in there :D

Diane Sue - Not surprised you have DOMS - another great workout today, too :D The band work after weight work IS a great idea (which I might have to steal sometime - with your permission ;) ).

Roselyn - Did you decide to start an STS rotation or were you just finishing up - choosing at random? Can't go wrong with those, whatever the case.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Lori

Theresa- We posted at exactly the same time this morning. :p I hope you get that massage soon and feel better.

Lori - I had to bring my home computer in yesterday for repair. :( I'm glad I am able to post at work some of the time or I would be lost. I hope it isn't a fortune to get mine fixed and hope to have it back by Friday. Nice workout today - I think I have a few GS workouts in my rotation next week. :)

Debbie - I gave up the "dreadmill" about a year and a half ago for several reasons. However, one of the main reasons was because it REALLY started to give me a lot of hip pain and clicking. I talked to an orthopedic doc about it and he said to avoid any intense incline, and of course, don't run.....sooooo....I wasn't feeling like I was getting a great workout without running. :( I would think the 30 min intervals would be fine as long as you don't get pain.

Diane Sue - I didn't realize you got a new motorcycle - great for you!! I can't even consider going out on the bike in this heat - ARGH. I can hardly even get through the day without feeling completely exhausted. :(

Ok....back to work. I hope everyone has a great day!

Cheryl

P.S. I just realized that I'm probably more sore yesterday and today from the 2 hours of swimming on Sunday. I have never been this sore from Muscle Max before and my DH said he was very sore today also, although he was only swimming with me for about 30 min. I guess I'll have to try to get that workout in whenever possible at camp.

Last edited:
Step Blast was today's workout. I am looking for some new cardio, any suggestions?

Another question, I have been looking for a new protein, anyone heard of Nutrabolics and if you have tried it how is it? I saw it in my Oxygen mag. ANy suggestions on protein powder welcome also have a great evening everyone.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.