Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/4

Today was Shoulders and Abs and I had an excellent workout. Felt very strong this morning. Added one set to each superset and did well with each of them.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

SHOULDERS/TRAPS
SS #1
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8/8/8/8
superset w/
Barbell Shrugs:
110# - 15/15/15/15
***Both exercises were tough towards the end. Good superset.

SS #2
Front Raise:
12's - 10/10/10/10
superset w/
Upright Rows:
50# - 10/10/10/10
***Last two sets were tough, especially the last two reps of upright rows. Bar felt extremely light until I almosted completed the exercise. LOL!

SS #3
Lateral Raise:
12's - 12/12/12/12
superset w/
Dumbbell Shrugs:
35's - 20/20/20/20
***This one wasn't so bad. Lateral raises started to burn towards the end.

ABS
Trisets:
Decline Situps: 10# - 15/15/15
Hip Thrusts: 15/15/15
Oblique Crunch: 15/15/15 each side
***45 second rest between each triset. Got a good burn by the end.

That is all....

Lora - I finally downloaded that song by Papa Roach. Excellent song. Thanks!

I forgot to say how sore my biceps are today!!! Love this! Every workout I have been extremely sore for a few days. Woo hoo! :eek:

I'm starving...

Hi Debbie - good for you - I'm not happy unless I'm sore. And I know you like your biceps to feel it good!! Last night, I did Butts and Guts and hoped to fall out of bed today b/c my butt was so sore but nothing yet. Perhaps it will settle in. It sure was on fire last night during the workout.

Today is cardio for me - not sure what yet but I want to sweat, sweat and sweat some more. My body is just very unpleasantly holding on to water and I feel like toxins are building up in it - I hate that feeling. I ate tons of fiber yesterday too, hoping that will help too, and have been drinking loads of water. I think I am going to do kettlebells/circuit workouts for weights until vacation, and cardio on the off days with hopefully, extra cardio at night on the circuit days, and abs daily.

Off to clean some house and figure out what cardio to do.

Happy Thursday, Maniacs :cool:

Hi! I think Diane Sue started a thread earlier. Anyone know how to bring her post over here? I stink at that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I've been a slacker poster- thanks to Linda and Shana for chasing my butt back here. I have been busy- Jeff is home on vacation this week and it's been lovely having him home. The kids started summer camp, which is twice a week from 9-1 so that's been consuming too. Plus, DD was sick this week and we have a family reunion this weekend that I need to cook for- fun stuff. :rolleyes:

My eating has been on and off- I know I've been using food to cope with some other stuff going on. Nothing terrible, but still, an issue. And I've told you all how I didn't like Meso 2's effect on my body. I think it's just burn out all the way around- never again will I do 6 months for a rotation. Ack! So I am doing whatever this week and will start Cathe's June rotation on Monday I think. I did High Step Training Advanced yesterday. Man is that one a lot of work! But I could go up in weights for everything, so I must not be screwing up everything, right?? :p

Anyway, gotta go get some work done but wanted to check in with my lovely Hardcore friends. Later!

Shana- I have DOMS today, and mind you I didn't do the floor work lol! I am sure they will catch up to you later :)

Patti- busy bee you are- hope you get some down time here and there!

Deb- very nice workout. You have amazing strength.

I am not sure what to do today. Maybe Lean 2, but it has alot of shoulder work and mine are sore still. I may do just cardio tonight. Another cardio coach sounds fun!

Looks like everyone is doing great.

Today is cardio for me. Haven't a clue what to do yet. I'm eating my breakfast and relaxing with a cup of joe trying to figure it out. Let you all know later.

Janie

Hey maniacs!!!

Wow...I am getting on here late. I got a phone call from a friend who is going thru some personal stuff and was talking to her alot longer then I expected.

Anyhow, here is yesterday's workout:

Leaning Out Phase of 15 reps w/1min rest

CHEST:

Bench #55 5/15
Incline DB Press 15's 3/15
Incline DB Flyes 15's 3/15

SHOULDERS:
Arnold Presses 15's 5/15
Lat Raises 10's 3/15
Bent Over Raises 8's 3/15

TRICEPS
Overhead Presses 20# db 5/15
Lying Extensions 10's 3/15
Dips 3/15

The weights seem very light, but w/a minute rest and lots of reps, I can say I felt these. Actually have DOMS this morning from it all.

Today is cardio/abs

Char - Wow, nice workout. Nice weights for those high reps, too. What rotation are you following? Is it still the same one Dallys sent you?

Okay I changed up the workout this week. I did one day of right/left upper body, one day of legs and now I am going to hit my upper body again over two days.

So today was Chest & Back, and still following the one working set, this was a Superset Pyramid kind of thing.

IMAX2 through first blast as warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for each exercise, superset style.

***Note that I did pullups & inverted rows because I knew I would not be able to complete as many pullups as was required.

Inverted Rows - BW
Incline Barbell Press - 35#

1 Pyramid Set, Rep Pattern 6, 10, 15, 6 to failure(at this point you return to the original weight you started with)

Pullups/Inverted Rows
5/1,
4/6,
3/4/8,
3.5/3
***Black number unassisted, Purple assisted, and orange switched to inverted rows. :p
superset w/
Incline Barbell Press
80# - 6
70# - 10
60# - 15
80# - 8 to failure
***Think I need to up this a bit next time so I fail sooner on the last set.

Then I did Combos & Intervals 2 thru 7 of IMAX2 and the stretch. Workout was 56 and burned 419 calories.
I have to get to bed sooner, got up late again then had set-up problems so got started really late and once again ran out of time.:confused:

Last edited:
No time for personals. Good workouts, though, ladies!!!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon protein pancake
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/thin slice provolone & avacado
M5: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam
M6: Zucchini lasagna; cukes, tomatoes, onions w/lite Norther Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1521 calories
49 g. fat - 29%
150 g. protein - 39%
126 g. carbs - 33%

I started a thread earlier this morning. I see it was missed so will past it here:)

I am going to go watch my grandchildren this morning. Workout was 4Day Split Kickbox Cardio premix and Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness Cardio premix. Total callories were 488 and workout was 73 minutes.

I left my dd's and went shopping. Got a few new shirts. Taking my granddaughter to tutoring in a bit.

Hi Ladies -

I'm off today, but I'm having a really bad day. Personal problems! I did my David Kirsch workout this morning and some kickboxing. I'll post more when I'm doing better.

Deb - did you download P Roach "Almost Told You that I Loved You"? Don't forget about Hollywood Whore....it rocks also. Did you get the Pop Evil song Another Romeo & Juliet too?

I did cardio kicks this morning.

M1 Cream of Wheat, egg whites
M2 Protein shake with strawberries
M3 Turkey on a flatbread, veggies
M4 Salad with chicken
M5 Protein shake

Mmmm....you had cream of wheat! love that stuff. Think I'll have it for bfast tomorrow. Can't wait for the weekend! Sick of grading. blah. Not that the weekend will bring complete relief from that, but I will get to chill a bit nonetheless, and maybe go to Disneyland.

Never did abs yesterday after yoga class. Today, though, I did half of Tracey's Core Strength and Conditioning and the advanced "Stressed Out" routine on Yoga for Your Moods.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.