Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/30

Today was cardio again and I chose Amy's Kickbox Surge. I checked out the premixes because I only wanted to do the kickbox segments, not the surges. She doesn't have a premix for just the KB segments. Weird. So I just started the workout from the beginning and just skipped the surges. I keep forgetting how long this workout is. The KB segments alone were about 45 minutes. Anyways, probably should have skipped this workout due to my kinked neck, but I was hoping moving around might loosen it up. I was right, it did. It still hurts to turn my head to the left, but not like yesterday.

CARDIO STATS:
55 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
26 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
408 calories burned

Happy with this!

Debbie-she does have a COMBO ONLY premix that is what you were looking for. I think it's the 3rd or 4th down, but nice work today....even w/ the extra headache. What's up w/ the neck?

Yesterday I did Empire State kettlebell workout w/ the bonus round. I was beat and really didn't want to work out. I felt a little better but still exhausted....today, I have no idea.

Workout was pretty much all strength. I did my VO2 Max test before I started. My calorie burns were much better:D I started with Bob Harper Pure Burn/Super Strength 68 minutes 381 calories Max HR 148, then I did Bob's Butt and Balance 24 minutes 135 calories, I followed with Bob's Yoga Abs 17 minutes 75 calories, and because I wanted a little more stretch I did the first 10 minutes of his Warrior Yoga 43 calories. He incorporates quite a bit of strength and balance in his yoga workout. Like shoulder presses while in the down dog position.
Also on Butt and Balance he does these one leg things and does biceps with it on one leg then switches and does shoulders w/ the other side. I did biceps for both sides.
I don't always put all of the iinfo from my HR monitor down but here is what I got today
Bob's Super Strength workout
29% fat
HR zones
level 1 25:46 min
level 2 26:01 min
level 3 15:14 min
Bobs Butt & Balance
30% fat
level 1 8:46 min
level 2 11:26 min
level 3 3:25 min

Debbie, sorry about the neck. Mine was sore and I had a headache this morning. Not sure that my workout helped:) Glad yours did. I think I am getting way to much shoulder work in lately.

Theresa, Empire State is a fun workout.

Debbie - Sorry that your neck is acting up again. Nice job working out anyway.

DianeSue
- Working hard as usual.

Theresa - I miss my kettlebells :(:(:(

This morning I did my favorite leg workout, P90X Legs & Back minus the back portions. :D

Diane Sue-YAY for higher burns. How much did your VO2 max change?

Linda-soon enough you will be back in the kb swing of things :D I really wanted to like the P90x leg workout, but I must admit it was not my fave :( Glad you liked it and nice work

Morning Maniacs - I started to do Bob Harper's Beginning Strength workout and was gonna do an add on (picked it out last night when I forgot I was off today) - but I changed my mind about 7 minutes into it and did the longer workout. Workout was 75" and I burned 623 calories. Max HR was 146. I jammed Papa Roach Paramour Sessions and I tried to tune out Stephanie. A few times I looked at her and she was wincing and groaning. I had the music turned up so loud that I could hardly here Bob's cues. Towards the end, Stephanie starts screaming and moaning and I go "Shut the F up".....and my DH was in the other room and wanted to know what was wrong. I wanted to shoot her!! She gets on my last nerve. Had a great workout though.

I also did Eion Finn's Pursuit of Happy Hips, Down Hill premix. 40"....but it was actually 30" with a 10" shavasana....was bummed about that.
going over my Mom's to wash my car and then I don't know what I'll do. DH is working until 8 today. He's on a different shift for the 4th of July Holiday.

Diane Sue - I weight a lot more than you do....thus the calorie burn!

Have great workouts everyone.

Theresa - Weird, I checked the premix menu twice through and all I seen were premixes for like 1 or 2 combos and then some surges or there is one for only the surges. I didn't notice any that was the kb part only. I'll have to check it again. And my DVD player has a skip button so all I had to do was hit skip when she started the surge. Then it went right to the next KB segment. Slept wrong again, its all I can figure. Started hurting Monday afternoon. :confused:

Diane Sue - Glad your HR monitor is keeping better track of calories. Great workouts today, too. Hope your neck gets better. It's aweful not to be able to turn your head. I'm having difficulty again today. :(

Linda - You are so funny with that P90X leg workout. I can't believe you like it so much! Nice workout!

Lora - LOL on yelling at Stephanie! I do that sometimes to Cathe. Some of the stuff she says in STS (over and over again) gets old. Great job on your workout!

I overslept :eek: Alarm clock was buzzing away right by my head - didn't phase me. "Oh God look at the time oh no ..." -- not my favorite feeling :confused: I did get my second workout in last night, though. Not sure what to do today. I'll figure that out and set it up while DS is at soccer practice -- thinking about High Step Challenge. That one moves so fast, which is good in a way but equipment-wise (for some reason), I have a hard time getting organized with the right weights or ... whatever. Moreso than with other circuits ... not sure why.

Debbie - Glad the workout helped your neck (a little). I'd thought about that one for today - you got a really good burn even without the surges :) .

Theresa - Starting a workout when you feel wiped out is so tough. Well done. Seems like I've been struggling with that feeling more than usual lately (ended up having some great workouts once I got going though). Empire State, huh? That's it. Can't take it anymore - I'm gonna break down and buy some kb workouts next week. Think I've been dutifully practicing the basics for long enough. Something from AOS and also the new one you got (will probably also have to get a heavier kb). I get more excited about new workouts than about anything else. There's an edge of guilt in there ,too - I'll just have to get over that part :p

Diane Sue - Great workout. Very glad you and your hr monitor are working things out ;) .

Lora - Glad you had a great workout. Maybe it's good you get to yell at Stephanie - lets out some frustration (maybe even saves some trees ;p).

Linda - Glad you had a good workout, too. Now I can't remember if your weight in is today or tomorrow. You're doing so well - good luck :)

Hermia - Hope you aren't too busy and finding some time for yourself :D

bbl

Lori

I spent all afternoon outside helping my grandson with mowing and I weeded and trimmed up the flower beds. Sunburned the back of my shoulders so must have missed that area with the sunscreen:confused:

Lora, LOL I don't notice the complaining women on Bob's workout. I think you are really tuned into it, I don't know what to tell you to get past that because they really are good workouts. I just notice some eye rolls and facemaking. I think on the one today Bob says something about making the woman mad at him. I guess I just tune out most things. Unless it is crappy sets and music on the workouts. I hate something that looks to be cheaply put together and sold for a huge price. BTW my dh would be wondering whats wrong if he heard me yelling at the television. Now, he might hear me griping about set ups etc.. but probably used to that. I did yell at the television a few times during the BOSU Explode workouts for those guys to shut up!! I wanted to do the workout not stand around listening to them rattle on. You know what I mean.

Lori, oversleeping can really mess up the whole day for me. Hopefully you are not like that;) High Step Challenge is a great workout. I forgot how good till I did the Hardcore Circuit premix.

Debbie, I don't know what it is with the neck thing. It hurt when I woke up and I still have soreness. Can't figure it out since yesterday was a cardio day and I had two days off last week. I wondered the last time I did a VO2 Max on my HR monitor how it could go up so high so I am glad it is where it is. Didn't make sense to be working out harder than the instructors and still be getting low readings. I add to the workouts to increase the difficulty. Even on the Terminators.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.