Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/24

Today was drop sets for Chest and Triceps. Had an excellent workout and felt very strong this morning.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

CHEST
Decline Pushups:
3 risers - 2 sets/20 reps

Incline Barbell Press:
75# - 8
80# - 8/8
***These seemed very light today. Wanted to go heavier but my right shoulder has been bothering me again.

Dumbbell Press:
37's - 10/10/10
***Last 2 reps of each set were tough.

**Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
27's - 12/12/12
22's - 15
15's - 15
12's - 15
***These felt good but right shoulder kept clicking. Got a great burn. No rest after 3rd set.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
85# - 8/8/8
***This was borderline too heavy. Last set was a struggle with the last two reps.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
35#- 10/10/10
***I never really feel these too much. Not sure why.

**Double Arm Kickbacks:
12's - 12/12/12
10's - 10
8's - 10
5's - 12
***REALLY felt these. I kept good form and didn't drop my shoulders. Made a huge difference. No rest after 3rd set.

That is all....

Morning! I had a terrible headache yesterday so no BM2- it's on the list for today. Eats will be clean today too!

Debbie: Good workout today as always!

Shana: That's interesting info- thanks. You will be great- I love that you're doing this. :)

I need to check out that cookbook from yesterday...

Theresa - It sounds like you have either an inner ear infection or a sinus problem going on. I also get dizzy spells a lot, especially with leg workouts, and its mostly due to my sinuses. Hope you are feeling better today!!

Roslyn - Were you able to use the coupon? I think it's case-sensitive so use all lower case letters.

I got up this morning and did Jari Love's Extremely Ripped and burned 530 calories. I have been busy running children to classes etc. Taking dd to the doctor in a bit. Will try to get back later.

Shana - Right now my only plan is to finish 4DS as produced for just this week. I will think about what to do next this weekend and decide then if I want to continue with 4DS or do something different. If I do stay w/ 4DS I will probably try some of the premixes next.

I had absolutely no desire to workout whatsoever today, but I did it anyway. I did the Combo Only Premix from Tonya Larson's Step Surge. I could tell I was tired because my HR was higher on this workout than it should of been, because it's only an intermediate workout. I finished with abs from 4DS Kickbox then the stretch from Step Surge. Workout was 1 hour and burned 417 calories.

Debbie-
Do you take anything to help with dizziness or do you just deal with it?

Linda-
way to push yourself...some work is better than no work.

I plan on doing a total body workout this evening and trying to add a quick 20 cardio session. I hope that happens. I still feel very dizzy today, and it is just down right annoying. I took a dramamine at work and it is really helping, so I am leaning towards inner ear. I will try to do the following for the rest of the week, as Monday and Tuesday were bust for me.
W-total body and 20 cardio
Th-60 cardio
Fri-60 cardio
Sat-total body circuit
Sun- 40 cardio

Plus, to add insult to injury...it is 100 degrees here in Tulsa, Ok. It will be 100 or over for the next week. Sheesh, it is going to be a hot summer if we are starting this way.

I'll check back in later. Hope you ladies have a great day.
Theresa

Linda - I have done it before that way, for a week only at a time. Usually when I know I will be busy and don't want to think about anything or take too much time with a workout.

Today, I swam 350 meters and ran a mile. It was the easiest swim I have had yet. Sure wish I had more than the week but oh well. This is the first swim that has not left my arms like noodles :D Also used my inhaler prior to swimming and I think that helped too. The run was easy, if I dare say a run was easy!! Towards the end, I ramped up the speed and then walked .25 miles.

Theresa - hope the dizzy spells go away soon. I hate that feeling.

Patti - is the head better today? Hope so.

I finished my workout. I wound up doing AOS providence, it was 43 minutes but I only burned 296 calories. I need a heavier kettlebell...I felt less dizzy working out than I did all day long. How weird is that. Have a great evening.
Theresa

Shana-nice work on the run and swim. Your triathalon is next week?

Shana: Glad you're feeling good in your practice. What is the date of the triathlon again?

I did BM2 today- headache is gone! I feel good and in no hurry to do that whole thing again. It was fun, just takes FOREVER. :) Gotta run, just wanted to do a quick check in.

Theresa and Patti - the triathlon is Sunday :eek::eek::eek: I am excited and nervous. Glad you are both feeling better!

Theresa - what weight KB do you use for that workout?

It has been a long day of running. So hot outside I would really like to stay inside with the air on. I just got Kelly Coffey's Bootcamp and Kickbox workouts. Has anyone else tried these? I have several of her workouts and really like them. I made A chicken curry recipe from an older issue of Oxygen magazine for dinner tonight:D I made rice to go with it. I usually don't eat rice with it myself. Everyone liked it. Even the 15 month old grandbaby liked it. I also took Tuna and some low wraps to my dd's for lunch so I was able to do pretty well today.

Teresa. I hope you have the dizziness figured out. I know what you mean about the heat. It was 102 here in OKC when I went out this evening. When I do Providence I do some cardio for the breaks between rounds. I am usually able to get the calorie burn up there doing it that way.

Shana, good luck with the triathlon.

Thanks, Diane Sue. And good luck to you with the final bit on the house. It is hot here too. Highs 101-103. Yuck. And no rain in sight either.

Shana- I bought a 10 # kb because I wanted to make sure my form was good, but it feels really light...best of luck in your triathalon. What are the totals you will be doing (swim, bike, run)?

Diane Sue- We are neighbors, I am in Tulsa :) Thanks for the advice on the cardio between rounds, I will try that next time.

Patti- Good work on the BM2, I have never done that workout all the way through. I do like the bootcamp premix though

Theresa

Diane Sue - Do you like Extremely Ripped? It's gotten some bad reviews.

Teresa - I love to do kickboxing as active recovery during all of the breaks in my Kettlebell workouts. I wish someone would actually come out with one like this cuz it rocks.

Deb- I see you did Strike Zone the other day. I love that DVD and Josef really makes you get into it with his great form and force. I did it so much when it first came out that I burned out on it.

Theresa - I will do a 300 meter swim, 10 mile bike ride, 3 mile run.

Regarding your KB - yes, you need heavier, especially for proper form on swings and such where you are relying mostly on your hamstrings/legs. There is a really good video on the AOS site somewhere that shows how important a heavy KB is for proper form on the moves that focus on the legs. For some of the upper body work, the 10lb would be ok but you will quickly want to be moving on up ;)

Just started a new teaching schedule this week. I teach 6:50 AM to 9:50am. I am so not a morning person so this is definitely not my ideal teaching time. I am having a bit of a hard time adjusting. Workouts this week have been as follows:
Monday--Tracey's Strictly Upper Body, abs 2 from Amy's ASC III
Tues--First section from Karen Voight's Yoga Sculpt (wanted to work out longer, but gotta get to bed so early now! grrrrr)
Wednesday--Low Impact Circuit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.