Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/2

Today was cardio and I had a really rough time of it. Just have no energy or desire to do cardio anymore. I hate this, I use to love cardio. Now it's all I can do to get it done.

Also, right before Challenge 2 I started getting a stomach ache. :confused: I had to run to the bathroom right before the challenge. I know, TMI, but geez, what a pain.

By the time the 3rd challenge arrived my energy kicked in and I did excellent with it. Now WTF??? It takes like a half hour for my energy to kick in with cardio. I don't get it.

Anyways, I did Cardio Coach #5. Far from stellar. I almost got out Step Blast and I may do that one on Friday. I just didn't feel like moving all the stuff in my workout room to get my step out. But on Friday I just might do that.

HR STATS:
55 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
457 calories burned
3.3 miles travelled

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna do Cardio Coach 8 because I need to bring it today as I did not workout Sunday or Monday (in Maryland visiting family/friends). Also will work abs.

Debbie,

We just have them days. You still ended up bringing it though. ;) You fighter!!

Hey Girlies! :)

Debbie - that exact same thing has happened to me before (the bathroom thing). I didn't get it either and it was frustrating, but I continued on afterwards (and felt better too - ha!) BTW - I meant to ask you this when you wrote it - is assisted cardio what I think it is or is my mind where it often is??;)

Charlotte - have fun on CC#8 - I LOVE the music in that one. I would do it with you but I did CCPP Saturday and for my additional challenge, I did Challenge 2 TWICE!!

Diane Sue - I had printed out something from iTrains about diet. My only problem is that I don't want to give up fruit. I love berries in the summer. Thanks for the reminder, though, b/c I remember noting stuff that I did like about it. Also, I did not realize you had skin cancer issues. It sounds like both of our families are plagued with it. Hope it all turns out ok. And keep us posted on the house you found.

So, last night I got out PUB and my arms were still noodles from the KBs (my forearms). I struggled through the chest portion and just stopped b/c of my forearms. I did get my abs in though.

Today will be some cardio and I hope to finish up PUB but I also want to do legs so I may do legs and let the arms get better first. I am putting my own thing together for legs and am anxious to try it out.

Happy Day to ALL!

Shana,

I don't like to give up fruit either. I think the body needs it too much. Very good for skin, etc. I try to eat my fruit in the morning.

Debbie: It sounds like you need a change. I've had the bathroom issue happen too. :rolleyes:

Hi Charlotte and Shana!

I will confess that I'm struggling lately. I hate to say this, but I don't like Meso 2 of STS. I mean, I like the workouts, but hate how they are making me feel. I'm completely STARVING- beyond ravenous. And that makes me over eat and then I feel like crap. Plus I'm exhausted. No, I'm not pregnant, either. :p Trust me, I checked! Anyway, I am not the kind of person that quits, but I may just dump this STS rotation for now and do what was making me feel good. I did great in Meso 1 and got super lean and defined. In thinking it over, so many of Cathe's weight workouts ARE endurance type, don't you think? And I've done really well with those as I continue to gradually increase the weights. Le sigh. I ENJOY heavy lifting. I'm just not sure my body does.

I'll be back later.

Hey Girlies! :)

Debbie - that exact same thing has happened to me before (the bathroom thing). I didn't get it either and it was frustrating, but I continued on afterwards (and felt better too - ha!) BTW - I meant to ask you this when you wrote it - is assisted cardio what I think it is or is my mind where it often is??;)

LOL! Yes, it is what you think! ;)

Not sure how the fruit topic got started, but I just recently heard a trainer say: "I've never met anyone who gained weight eating fruit."

Moderation is the key. Period. I think we should all enjoy fruit this time of year. It is so good!

Nope not giving up my fruit.

Ally, Janie, Shana and anyone else: If you are interested in a copy of the article of the rotation I am doing, you need to PM me your mailing address. No matter what setting I tried I can not get this thing scanned into a file small enough that my email will transmit. :confused:

Okay, that said, today was legs and I think I will be changing this rotation up a bit. I think I am only going to do legs once a week not twice. Because while I don't have DOMS I could feel the soreness in my quads the second I started this morning. So I think they are overworked at this point. Will still do upper body again, but not sure I will do the same workout the second time, might switch it out for some other upper body the article has.

This morning I woke up at 3 am sick to my stomach and was feeling lousy for the two hours or so. So when the alarm went off at 5:30 the last thing I wanted to do was get up, so I didn't, not right away anyway.:p But finally managed to get up and get it done.:D

Today was legs. And when I first arrived in my workout room I planned on keeping all the weights the same, because I didn't feel like working out let alone pushing harder. But once I started setting up the competitor in me took over saying "you can do more." So I upped the weights a little

4DS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

Squats - 35#
Jump Squats - 8#
Sissy Squats - 8#
Romanian Deadlift - 35#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20.

Squats - 115,105,95,85,75,65 #
***Added 1# to all sets
Jump Squats - 32,27,22,17,14,12, #
***Added 1# to all sets
Sissy Squats -32,27,22,17,14,12 #
***Same increase here as the jump squats
Romanian Deadlift - 120,110,105,95,85,75 #
***Did true Romanians today, was doing Still-legged DL, who knew they were different:confused: The Romanians didn't bother my back at all.:D

Squats - 55#
*** Up 3# here.

Was looking for a substitute for the Deadlifts yesterday, when I discover that I was actually doing SLDL and not Romanain. :p
By this point I was tired and out of time so I did not add any cardio. (but did take an hour walk with my client later) Workout was 55 minutes and burned 408 calories.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Zucchini Lasagna
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. Low Sugar Strawberry jam
M5: Parmesan Talapia; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M6: Chocolate protein pancake

1457.5 calories
43 g. fat - 27%
147 g. protein - 40%
126 g. carbs - 35%

VERY happy with this breakdown.

Workout today was STS mesocycle 3 disc 37 legs. I upped my squats to 300# on the Bowflex and 90# for the lunges wearing the 20# weight vest and using the barbell. I was surprised how easy it felt. My strength has improved. I am back to my elbow hurting. Not even sure why:confused: I noticed it Sunday and I had only done some cardio. Saturday was a rest day. I also did Amy's Kickbox Surge using 10 and 15# med balls. I then did STS med ball abs and finished off with Amy's stretch. Total calories burned was 1014.
This morning I had After Shock Post workout. We took our dil out to lunch so I got a salad with smoked brisket on it. I think dd has pork chops planned for dinner. Tomorrow we have our house inspection. I want to do some measuring. We are talking about putting down some aerobic flooring in the main workout room. I will have to put the treadmill in the office since the rooms are smaller than what I had.

Hello!
Last week was crappy for workouts. I only worked out three times. This week is better so far. Yesterday I did Tracey Staehle's Strictly Upper Body and then abs from Body Max 2. Today I did Tracey's Glute Camp. Work has been so busy and then the whole job hunting thing has got me bummed.

By the way, a while ago someone posted the recipe for zucchini lasagna and I finally got around to making it the other day. My boyfriend and I both really liked it, so thank you to who ever posted that!

What do you all eat or drink before cardio and weight sessions? I hear alot about this BSN N.O Xplode. Any suggestions welcome. I try to do fasting cardio but some days that just is not cutting it for me. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.