Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/17

Today was supersetting Chest and Tri's. This one had to be the hardest workout I've done in this rotation so far. Really challenging. Had a great workout.

6 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

CHEST/TRICEPS
SS #1
Decline Pushups: 3 risers - 12/12/12
superset w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 40# - 8; 35# - 8/8
***My triceps didnot want to push the 40# up. Not sure why. I really struggled with the first set. Dropped down to 35# and that was a bit better. Loved the pushups, those felt really good.

SS #2
Incline Dumbbell Press: 35's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Presses: 70# - 10/10/10
***Here again, the CGBP was tough. Last two reps in each set was almost too hard to do.

SS #3
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 70# - 12/12/12
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips: 50# - 12/12/10
***Here again, WBD was tough. Last set could only squeeze out 10 reps.

SS #4
Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 12/12/12
superset w/
Decline Lying Barbell Extension: 45# - 12/8/8
***Wow, not sure what happened here. These caught up with me quick. Decline Extensions were tough tough tough.

I was wiped after this. Sweating like crazy too.

That is all..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Morning! I did Straight Up Step this morning and most of SM segment #1. It was a great sweat- I love step. :)

Debbie: Those weighted dips alone would wear me out!

Have a good one everyone!

Good morning. I did Drillmax cardio blast this morning. I was really sweating and had a good workout for 5:15am :)

Deb- very nice job! I actually have never done weighted dips believe it or not lol!

Patti- I love step too! Always fun.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My upperbody is still very sore..arms, traps and upperback so I will not do weights today and do KPC instead. I donot like my abs right now and thinking of doing P90X just for a week as there is a schedule in the original workout routine of working abs almost everyday in some way for one week.

Meg,

Wow, that is a great workout! Tough too. You must be feeling good.

Debbie,

I imagine you would be sweating, girl. ;)

Patti,

Not familiar with that workout, but hope you had fun.

Debbie - I can't even imagine doing DECLINE Lying Extensions! :eek:

Patti - Gonna check out that clip later. Thanks!

Meg
- Nice job doing Drill Max cardio at 5:15 am!:eek:

Char - Pretty cool on the DOMS!

Didn't want to do step this morning. Also my left knee has been bugging me so trying to switch it up a bit. Did Amy's Kickbox Surge and got up the courage to wear my weighted gloves! :eek: Didn't do the core refining, so workout was 1:10 and I burned 603 calories.:D

Linda - You should try them once. Just go with light weights until you get the feel for it. It really does a good job getting the back of the tricep. Nice going with Amy's kickbox! Excellent calorie burn!

Patti - That instructor does look a lot like you. How cool! Workout looks fun.

WOw Patti, she does look like you lol! Did it take you a long time to get that WO down? It looks fun and a good pace, but boy her feet move fast lol!

I finished my workout. Not sure how the rest of the week will be though. Hopefully I will get up early and do cardio and abs tomorrow.
Today I started with Amy's Hi/Lo Dome interval premix skipping the stretch, then I did 4Day Split Bootcamp cardio only premix skipping the stretch. I followed with 50 Kettlebell swings and 10 minute solution Kettlebell workout doing the upper premix. I then did weights 4Day Split premix chest, shoulders, and triceps. I followed with Amy's 10 minute solution shape tone and reshape with the figure 8 upper body chisel segment using the blue cathe 8 band. I finished off with Hi/Lo Dome cooldown and stretch segments. Total calories burned was 847.

Meaghan, the only way I can do intense cardio like Drill Max that early is with lots of coffee;)

Linda, nice calorie burn on Kickbox Surge. I bet the gloves added to the intensity:) Cathe has an option for decline tricep extensions on the STS series. I had to lower my weight to that one but it is really good.

Patti, Straight up Step and Bosu blast are the only Seasun workouts I have learned all of the choreography on. That is a fun one.
I agree she does look a lot like you.

Charlotte, P90X abs workouts really do work. I wish I had all of my equipment because I would like to do P90X+ abs. I don't remember a rotation with them almost every day. I guess Ab Ripper X was attached to all of the weight workouts. So you are supposed to do them almost every day for a week?

Debbie, nice workout. Funny how those workouts can catch up with you. I don't know how many times I think I can go heavier and have to lower the weight because the workout affects the muscle more than I expected.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Toast BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/1 thin slice provolone & avacado; Kiwi
M5: 1/2 LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam
M6: Teryaki Hadock; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

***I had this hadock last week, thought it was Talapia. It was pretty good other then being a bit too fishy.

1477 calories
50 g. fat - 30%
138 g. protein - 37%
123 g. carbs - 33%

Hello ladies-
just checking in to say hello. I will be workout out later on, it will be cardio-roughly 30 min and then stretch (i did not get to that yesterday). Yesterday, my total workout was 46 min and I burned 530 calories, not including the 2-15 min walks I took. Tomorrow will be a challenge because we are going to see Dane Cook and have dinner, but I took off Friday so I should be able to get something done.

All of you ladies are great, workouts and all. What time do you get up? Far more productive than I am in the morning, that is for sure.
TTYL-
Theresa

alright, I finished. I did 4DS HIS and then combo one from Amy Bento's ASC3 (still trying to figure out the moves). I burned 568 calories. I also did the STS extended stretch...felt great. I have to admit I am the worst about stretching...but I feel so good when I do.

Have a lovely evening maniacs.

Ok, maniacs, I am trying to lose about 5-7 pounds. I am trying to eat clean but I have a gigantic sweet tooth. I eat fruit in my protein shakes, is there anything I can make that is not an OREO. Sometimes I have a Zone bar but when I look at the nutritional info it does not seem that good. I have this recipe for a bar. Do you all think this is pretty healthy? Is chocolate a total no-no when trying to eat clean?

2 cups oats
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat or rice flour)
3/4 c sucanat
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup oil (I use applesauce-unsweetened)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
155 calories
3 protein
25 carbs
6 fat (although I don't use oil)
2 fiber

Roselyn - if you eat the right kind of chocolate, I think you can eat it and still eat clean. I sure do!! I eat organic dark chocolate with good and few ingredients. Zone bars probably have a lot of junk in them but I don't know for sure. That recipe sounds ok but I would modify some. Have to go now but I'll write more later.

Roselyn-
Is that your email to send info to? I put together a few recipes for a sweet tooth. Let me know and I will send them to you. (one is for brownies, one is a choclate shake, and one is chocalate protein bars) Also, sometimes I eat a Hershey's dark chocolate nugget with almonds (they are only 50 calories each) and they really do the trick. Also, I do eat a skinny cow ice cream sandwich, I know they are not 100% clean, but they are yummy.

I have a few more recipes that I will send some time this week, this is all I have for now. Also, do you get the clean eating magazine? There are great ideas in there-this issue has a recipe for "Ice cream" sandwiches.

Hope this helps,
Theresa

Roselyn - The recipe looks okay overall, but does seem to be a bit high on sugars. I will be interested to see what suggestions Shana makes. Also is there chocolate in those bars, it's not listed as part of the ingredients?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.