Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/16

Well today was another new kickboxing workout. It was Amy Bento's "In the Ring". OMG, what a fun workout. Her moves are a little too fast for me and there are some I couldn't get, but I know the more I do it, the easier it will get. I was bummed because Interval 4 didn't work on the DVD. It froze. I'll have to re-rent it and rip it again. It's worth it, I really liked this one. I think this one is better then Kimberly Spreens. I'm going to try and get her "Kickbox Surge" too. I had a couple other step workouts from Amy and didn't care for her at all. Her cueing sucked. But she's really cool in this one and easy to follow (most of it.)

HR STATS
57 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
27 minutes in zone
27 minutes above zone
472 calories burned

I was surprised to see my HR got up to 151 at one point. It didn't feel like it.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I worked biceps/triceps. Gonna be doing my own thing, but going heavy, no rotation and want to do more different kinds of cardio so pretty much gonna go with what I want to do so I don't get bored.

Surprised I can still go heavy as I was thinking I couldn't anymore.

BICEPS:

DB Curls w/30# db's 3/8
(at one point I had accidentally picked up a 35#db and curled that while the other was 30# in other hand) lol. Isolated curls.

Concentration Curls
45# db's 3/6
(legs did shake towards each end of sets)

EZ Barbell Curls
60# 3/8

TRICEPS

Dips w/70# in laps 3/10
(think this worked my traps more then my triceps as I feel it this morning..oh, well)

Lying Tricep Ext
12's 3/8
(should have gone with 15's and shortened the reps to 6)

Overhead Press
35# 3/8

I did not do abs. I should have so I will get to them today in Yoga X. Gonna ride my bike to for about 12 miles again.

Debbie,

Sounds like a fun workout and great calorie burn! Have you ever tried Turbo Jam? I am thinking of getting that.

Good morning! I got up (again, on a roll) and did Supersets. I really like this one. Oh, and while doing the oblique crunches on the ball...I really felt my obliques! So happy with this. Now if I could just lean out enough to see them...........

Deb-I would like to check that one out also. SOunds fun.

Char- have a nice bike ride muscle woman!

Morning peeps! I have been MIA a bit. Been very busy. Hope you all are doing well.

Today I did an upper body blizt from and M&F Hers mag -

chest press 8/8/10/15 - 10s/10s/8s/8s
chest flye 8/8/10/15 - 10s/10s/8s/8s

shoulder press 8/8/10/15 - 10s/10s/8s/8s
lateral raise 8/8/10/15 10s/10s/8s/8s

biceps barbell curl - same rep patter - 35#/35#/25#/25#

for triceps I did station dips - 2 sets of 10 and then triceps pushups - 12/10/8/6/4/2

body weight dips - 2 sets of 12

hanging leg raises with stability ball to add wt - 2 sets of 15
stability ball leg raises - 2 sets of 15

Yesterday i did an old M&F Hers lower body blast workout that was really fun and I have DOMS in my butt! YAY!

Morning! I did STS Disc #7- chest, shoulders and biceps today and it was terrific! I felt so strong and even upped my weights on a few exercises. Yay!

Ally: Yay for butt DOMS! :p

Debbie: You might want to try Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout- it's also a lot of fun with good music.

Linda: Oh shoot! I had you in my head as shorter. :p As for the RT, I didn't know you were that close. I am coming in Thursday morning but am going to stay with my college roommate Thursday night. Bummer, I want to meet you! As it gets closer, we'll chat.

Charlotte: Again, OMG on your biceps. If you were here, I'd ask you to flex. :p

Hi Meg!

Gotta run, busy day. Later amigas!

Good morning ladies,
Just checking in to say hello. I'm glad there are so many tall ladies in this group, sometimes I feel like I stick out. I will be working out this evening, I have be at work around 730 and I can barely speak whole sentences before 9am. I did take my dog on a little walk around the block, it is too hot in the afternoon.

Diane Sue and Patti-
I saw your replies yesterday to my current plan, and I see what you are saying. I will try to cut down on the cardio a bit. I guess my question is whether or not you consider circuit training a cardio workout? My circuit on Saturday will probably be Art of Strength Newport or Kettlebell Dynamics. And the total body work I did yesterday was seperate from the cardio.

Debbie-I just got Kickbox Surge and it is my favorite kickbox video to date.
Does anyone have Amy Bento's other kickbox videos? I ordered Kickbox Extreme but it has not arrived yet. I also got her Advances STep Challenge 3, but I think it will take me awhile to get her style.

TTYL-
THeresa

Yesterday, I rode 15 miles and did SJP abs. Doubled up two big beach towels to make a mat. Got up to just over 27mph on the bike!! I've been averaging about 16 mph. It frustrates me when people are just lollygagging along on the path, unaware of their surroundings, taking up the whole path. Anyway...

So, I signed up for a sprint triathlon on the 28th. The swim is 300 meters in a pool, run 3 miles, bike 10. I have no problem with the biking and at least I can walk part of the running if need be. It's the swimming that has me a little scared! I can do it though - I know I can and whenever there is competition, I get all fired up. :p

Debbie: I have that DVD but have yet to try it. I looked at it and did a couple of the moves but that's it.

Charlotte: GOOD GRIEF!!! I'm with Patti - I would be asking you to flex if you were standing here in front of me :)

Meg: Good for you on continuing to get up early! And don't you love to feel the muscles you are working??

Ally: Good to hear from you. I was wondering where you were!

Patti: I am so happy to be reading that you are loving your workouts again!!

Theresa: So sorry you lost your male Shepherd. Where did you adopt them from? Bella is a beauty though - spoil her even more rotten for me :) About your workouts...that is a lot of cardio and really, if you are doing true HIIT, 30 minutes is way too long. Any reason why you are not doing splits? Do you have several of Cathe's weight DVDs? And do you prefer cardio via DVDs or machines?

Theresa: I have all of Amy's KB DVDs and love them. I think her newest one is the easiest but all of them require at least one preview, IMO. I usually have one or two moves that I get tripped up on but nothing that affects my workout. You'll like KB Xtreme, but like I said, preview it once. I tend to think of circuits as mostly cardio since my weights are typically lower due to the cardio factor. That doesn't mean I don't love them or think they are beneficial- they are! But I would count them as cardio, I think.

Shana: Yay on the triathlon! Woo hoo! I am so excited for you. My local rec center does a short one in the winter- inside swimming laps, bike on a stationary bike and the run is around the track. I'm considering it so keep me posted!

Patti: I will keep you posted. I'm excited to try it out. I got a one day membership to USAT but if I want to keep going, I can trade it in for a year membership so I thought that was the way to go. I think Halle is going to do a kids triathlon in September. She would swim 50 yards, bike 2 miles and run .50 miles.

And I just realized I forgot to answer you regarding the Xtend. It is a powder you mix in your water to increase endurance and speed up recovery.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

Char - Kick ass workout, girl! Woo hoo!!! :eek: You are an animal!!!!

Meghan - I love when I can feel my obliques working. Nice job!

Ally - Yay for butt doms!!!

Patti - I was looking at that workout. Do you need a punching bag to do it?

Theresa - You'll have to let me know how Kickbox Extreme is. I got my eye on that workout as well. So far I only have the one kb from Amy.

Shana - Woo hoo on the Triatholon! I seen you post in the OD forum. Congrats and I'm sure you will do awesome!!!

Workout today was 4Day Split Kickbox only premix, then I did Kimberly Spreens Combat surge bodybar combat premix no stretch, I went on to do 4Day Split lower premix( I usually do it this way because the calves are on the premix but not the lower workout) I finished off with Amy's 10 minute solution tone trouble zones band workout segment for butt and thighs. I then did the kickbox abs and Combat surge fusion stretch. Total calories burned was 838. I have to leave in a bit to help dh with his work vehicle again. This will be the second time taking it to the shop.

Debbie: Nope, no heavy bag required. I think that KB Xtreme might have an bonus heavy bag workout (that isn't part of the main workout) and I think Rumble uses a heavy bag, too. But the Hi/Lo Knockout and KB Xtreme- neither uses a heavy bag for the workout.

Debbie: Nope, no heavy bag required. I think that KB Xtreme might have an bonus heavy bag workout (that isn't part of the main workout) and I think Rumble uses a heavy bag, too. But the Hi/Lo Knockout and KB Xtreme- neither uses a heavy bag for the workout.

Thanks Patti!!!

Diane Sue - Nice workout and calorie burn as usual!!! :cool:

Shana- that is really awesome about the Tri! Good luck, I am sure you will rock the swimming.

DS- I just had to replace the starter in my car on Friday. Such a pain, but was lucky that Wayne could do it.

Patti- Hi back! SOunds like a good workout you had!

Deb- yeah, I kinda surprised myself with the obliques lol. Didn't know they were there!!

Debbie - I pm'd you!

Concentration Curls
45# db's 3/6
(legs did shake towards each end of sets)

Char
- I am glad it's not only me , whose legs shake on concentration curls. I was always like WTH? Nice workout!

Good morning! I got up (again, on a roll) and did Supersets. I really like this one. Oh, and while doing the oblique crunches on the ball...I really felt my obliques! So happy with this. Now if I could just lean out enough to see them...........

Meg
- Nice job getting up again. And I am with you on the leaning out!:p

Morning! I did STS Disc #7- chest, shoulders and biceps today and it was terrific! I felt so strong and even upped my weights on a few exercises. Yay!

Linda: Oh shoot! I had you in my head as shorter. :p As for the RT, I didn't know you were that close. I am coming in Thursday morning but am going to stay with my college roommate Thursday night. Bummer, I want to meet you! As it gets closer, we'll chat.

Patti - Nice job upping your weights! I am only an hour away from Cathe's gym. BTW< my eat was good yesterday. WooHoo!

Diane Sue and Patti-
I saw your replies yesterday to my current plan, and I see what you are saying. I will try to cut down on the cardio a bit. I guess my question is whether or not you consider circuit training a cardio workout? My circuit on Saturday will probably be Art of Strength Newport or Kettlebell Dynamics. And the total body work I did yesterday was seperate from the cardio.

Theresa - I agree with DianeSue and Patti that it seems like a lot of cardio. Yes I consider circuits cardio. How long have you been following this rotation?

So, I signed up for a sprint triathlon on the 28th. The swim is 300 meters in a pool, run 3 miles, bike 10. I have no problem with the biking and at least I can walk part of the running if need be. It's the swimming that has me a little scared! I can do it though - I know I can and whenever there is competition, I get all fired up. :p

Shana - Goodluck with the Tri!

DianeSue - Nice workout! Awhile back you posted you did the foam roller work from Oxygen mag, do you remember what issue that was? I know I have it but can't find the article.:mad:

Today was Legs and I just kept all the weights the same as last week.

4DS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise.

Squats - 35#
Jump Squats - 8#
Sissy Squats - 8#
Romanian Deadlift - 35#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20.

Squats - 115,105,95,85,75,65 #
Jump Squats - 30,25,20,15,12,10, #
Sissy Squats -35,30,25,20,15,12 #
Romanian Deadlift - 125,115,105,95,85,75 #
Squats - 55#
***I always want to quit at 20 reps here, but push through to 30.

Finished with both stretches from 4 DS HIS. Workout was 1 hour and burned 428 calories.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/1 thin slice provolone & avacado
M5: 1/2 LF cottage cheese w/ 2 tbsp. low sugar grape jam
M6: Cashew Butter Chicken Stew; cukes, tomatoes & onions w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1541 calories
59 g. fat - 34%
135 g. protein - 35%
128 g. carbs - 33%

Linda - I pm'd you back. :)

Linda, the foam roller work was in Muscle and Fitness Hers Mar/Apr issue.

Debbie, I have older dvds of Amys and I don't love them as much as the newer ones. I think she just gets better. Her Rumble is pretty easy to follow and she has the other person do the heavybag portion without the bag. In the Ring is a favorite of mine.

Meaghan, we had to leave the car longer because what is wrong with it has to do with the computer system.

Theresa, I think there is a place for circuits. I think it really depends on how fast the pace is and how heavy you can lift. I have AOS Newport, Providence, and Empire State. They are great metabolic workouts. I think that you can gain some muscle with them but you won't continue to progress like you would doing some weights only workouts. Are you going heavier on your total body non cardio workouts? I think that would make a difference.

As far as the rotation, I am just playing around with it. Given that I have body fat and weight to lose, I thought it might be more beneficial to up the cardio factor. I kinda followed the rotation last week, but missed a workout on Friday. I think I am rethink and try to do strict weight lifting 2x's per week 2- 45 min cardio sessions, 1-20 HIIT, and one circuit. It feels like my body really responds to circuits and intense cardio. I am a meso/endo if that helps. I really appreciate all of your input and expertise. I was also looking at the Jan 09 and June 09 rotation. I do have to admit that I do have a bit of ADHD and find it hard to stick to anything for long periods of time.

Shana-
We got our german shepherds from German Shepherd Rescue here in Tulsa, Ok. We had 4 wonderful years with our Boris. He was such a personality and will be hard to forget. Bella is very quiet and does not require a lot of attention....it's so weird. Good luck on your triathalon.

Great workouts for everyone....this group is fantastic :)

I am off to do kickbox surge-I am going to do a premix of 1-3, STS abs, and a stretch. I am tight from yesterday. I also quit drinking diet soda and have a raging headache.

TTFN
theresa

Afternoon! I did Powerstrikes 5 this afternoon just to see what it was like- fun workout and probably medium on the intensity scale.

Stir fry for dinner tonight- smells good already! I have to go clean up the playroom. Le sigh.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.