Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/11

Today was Shoulders, Traps and Abs. Had an excellent workout although it was really hard to wake up this morning. I didn't think I'd have such a good workout with the way I was feeling.

8 minute warmup on my Treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
55# - 8/8/8
***Good weight. These were hard but maybe because I was so tired. After this exercise my energy kicked in.

Upright Row:
50# - 10/10/10
***Good weight here too. Really felt it.

Lateral Raise:
12's - 15/15/15

**Bent Over Lateral Raise:
15's - 12/12/12
12's - 12
10's - 12
8's - 12
***Wow, good drop set. Really felt it. I did this in the shape of a "Y" instead of totally lateral. Really felt it at the top-back of my shoulders. After 3rd set did the drop sets with no rest.

**Dumbbell Shrugs:
45's - 20/20/20
40's - 15
35's - 18
30's - 15
***This was cool and burned like crazy. After 3rd set I did the drop sets with no rest.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch ab work
***LOVE LOVE LOVE this workout. I could tell it's been a long time since I've done this one. Pykes were a struggle but I did them all!

That is all....

Morning everyone! I did IMAX 2 this morning- a 50 minute interval run was on the rotation but I thought IMAX would be a good substitute. I also did Ab Circuits no equipment abs- got a good burn. Eating has been good and I'm feeling great. I haven't had any diet soda this week and I swear I notice that I don't have as much of an appetite. Huh.

Debbie: Good workout as always- I like that KPC ab work too. I love upright rows- I can always go way heavier on those than with some of my other shoulder work. Weird.

Have a great day everyone!

I finished my workout this morning. I am getting ready to get two of my grandchildren to do lunch and the library. We will come back here and make their daddy a birthday cake for tomorrow. I did Kimberly Spreen's Combat Surge. I repeated the kickbox only segment with the premix minus the wup and stretch which was 17 minutes and burned 623 calories. I then did Gym Style calves with a 25# dumbbell and then picked up the other dumbbell and did 30 more reps. Total calories burned today was 643.
Speaking of clean eating, I have had so much bad stuff lately that I wake up in the morning feel sick to the stomach and am swallowing loads of antacids. I told dh today I need to really work on getting my eating back right somehow:confused: 15 days till we close on our house:)

Diane Sue: I hate that feeling! You'll be in your own house soon and back to making Muscle Chow recipes. How did you like the new KS workout? I like the stuff with the bar- kind of a nice change.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Finished off my chest/shoulder work and did ab ripper x. Did not do triceps so gonna do them today along with Muscle Endurance. I am getting bored with the rotation at this point so jumping into other things.

Great workouts everyone!

Diane Sue,

We are still selling our home. No lookers at all yet. Most homes are selling good that are under $200K, but ours is not in that bracket, unfortunately, but we are still hopeful. Everything always happens that is suppose to happen.

Ever have those times where your life feels like a runaway freight train? Well, that's how mine feels right and right now I am experiencing that "aura" thing with my vision which I believe is a warning of a pending migraine. Lucky me!

It all started yesterday when DS got home from school. Spent the day with DD running errands (never a fun thing) had been home about an hour when DS arrives home from school. DS & DD start opening a new toy, DS gets scissors doesn't realize DD fingers are there and yup.... He caught her finger side ways and managed to basically cut all the skin off the finger pad where your fingerprint is. Blood everywhere! Won't stop! Call doctor, call my mom to take me so I can hold DD'd finger. (note: doctor is half hour away, near hospital) Spend half hour in Doctor office, he can't get it to stop bleeding, DD is screaming her head off because he is pushing on it. Calls Hospital ER to see if they can stop it, yes they have a foam gel that will seal it. Okay go to hospital, do all the standard sign junk and wait. Hour later ER docotor refuses to apply foam gel I was sent for because wound has stop bleeding. Pleaded with her but still no. So I spend $100 for a gauze bandage and was sent on my way. Take kids to Wendy's for food (had a few of DDs fries:confused:) Then go home. Not even all the way home six miles away still and DD's bandage is soaked through with blood. Call hospital and they say I can bring her back and pay another $100 to be seen again. No thanks, go to drugstore get my own bandages. Arrive home. Message from hospital they will now put on foam gel if I bring her back and won't charge me. Again the bleeding seemed to have stopped so don't feel like getting back in car. About hour later DS & DD are playing, next thing DD says UH-OH and hand is covered in blood and dripping all over the floor. Okay, back to hospital we go. Call mom and off we go. Fortunately the ER was waiting for me and everything was ready and they took me in immediately. Got home again sometime after 11pm. During the ordeal I promised DD ice cream and of course she rememebered and wasn't going to bed with out it. So was up to midnight helping DD eat ice cream.

Then today I had to go grocery shopping. 'Nuff said!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

However I did manage to drag my butt out of bed and workout. It was Back and chest and some cardio.

4DS HIS through first blast as warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for each exercise, superset style.

***Note that I did step assisted pullups for warmup

Assisted Pullups - BW
Incline Barbell Press - 35#

1 Pyramid Set, Rep Pattern 6, 10, 15, 6 to failure(at this point you return to the original weight you started with)

Pullups/Assisted Pullups
5/5,
4/6/5,
3/3
***Black number unassisted, Purple band assisted, and orange switched to step assisted. :p
superset w/
Incline Barbell Press
85# - 6
70# - 10
60# - 15
85# - 6 to failure
***Increased first set 5#.

Then I did 4DS LIS cardio repeating finish product. Workout was 1 hour and burned
463 calories.

Patti, I really liked Kimberly's workout. The kickbox is not that intense so when I did the premix as an add on I added my gloves and kicked it up a little. The med ball and bar work was good. I started with a 10# med ball and soon dropped to 8. I have a Reebok 8 # that has a handle that is supposed to be removable. I could never get the thing pried off so today I just cut it off. The only thing I ever used the handle on it for was Hi/Lo Dome in place of the woody bag. Anyway those segments are where I got my hr up.

Charlotte, we had so many lookers at our house. We sold ours for over 200K but I know what you mean. I see lots of houses here in my dd's area that are not selling. Most are closer to the 300K price range. We lived in a cul de sac so the realtor put a sign on the main street. I saw people pull up constantly picking up flyers. Every time we had people scheduled to come I would throw some cookies in the oven or bake some apples with cinnamon in the slow cooker LOL Made the house smell good.

Linda, sounds like you had a terrrible evening. I hope you don't get a migraine. Hopefully this evening goes better for you.

Last edited:
Charlotte, I like what you said about what is supposed to happen will happen. That is what I need to be thinking of now with my uncertain job situation. Have definitely been in prayer about it and just trying to be trusting.

Linda, what an ordeal with your daughter's finger! I hope you don't get a migraine. My bf gets them sometimes and I feel so bad for him. My best friend has had them and says they're pretty much debilitating. I've never had one but I sure to hate it when bf has one.

Yesterday's workout was my yoga class, which is an hour and a half.

For tonight, I just finished Tracey' High Intensity Step Mix 2 combos 1-4, then abs from LIC, and then the post-cycling premix from Tracey's Yoga Solutions.

Linda - so sorry about the ordeal. Hope the day today was better.

Hello to everyone. I'm soooo tired but wanted to post a quick hello. Yesterday, I did biceps, triceps and shoulders + abs (SJP again). Did the weight work on my Reebok core board. Today, I ran 2 miles (the most of my life!!) at 6mph - was going for 3.2 but got a horrid stitch and once I recovered, I did 1 mile on the SM, some back and chest work and then SJP abs again. Calorie burn was 425 calories. Tomorrow, I am doing legs, Oxygen abs and cardio - probably cardio coach.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.