Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 5/21

Today was Shoulder, Traps and Abs. Had an excellent workout. I love the combo's I came up with.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

SHOULDERS/TRAPS
SS #1
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8/8/8
superset w/
Barbell Shrugs:
105# - 15/15/15
***Good superset. Got a great burn with the shurgs.

SS #2
Dumbbell Front Raises:
10's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Upright Rows:
45# - 10/10/10
***I realize Upright Rows isn't technically a trap exercise, but they come into play so well I figured it was a good exercise to pair with front raises.

SS #3
Lateral Raise:
10's - 12/12/12
superset w/
Dumbbell Shrugs:
35's - 20/20/20
***I like DB Shrugs because it hits the traps from a different angle. They felt really light, though.

ABS
Oxygen Triset but did four sets:
Hanging Knee Raise - 15/12/10/8
Bench V-Up - 15/12/10/8
Reverse Bench Crunch - 15/12/10/8
***1 minute rest between each triset. Really felt these. Love the last exercise.

That is all....

It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Got my bike out and can't wait to ride to work! :cool:

Good morning. Last night I did Lowmax, but it was the version from FitTV so it wasn't the complete wo, so I tacked on 5 Imax3 blasts, then did Coremax 1. I was soaked with sweat and it felt great.

Tonight I plan on doing Lean 1 or burn intervals from CLX.

Hey Maniacs!!!

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday so I suppose the world is not gonna fall on my head. Life still goes on. So today will do chest/shoulders/tri's and abs.

Hope you all have a great day!

No workout today. I have been sick to the stomach(probably all this eating out) Still have lots to do today. I went to get breakfast and stopped at the store to pick up a zone bar for me to go with my coffee. Hopefully we will be settled at dd's by Saturday and I can get back into the swing of things till we close on the house we are buying. My dd and her dh set up their office for me to workout in. They know I won't be happy if I cannot workout LOL My son in law encouraged moving the Bowflex over there so he could use it. I really hadn't planned on taking it since really it should only be a month to six weeks before we close. We want to do a little work on it before we move in. That is when I will be crazy busy again. I will try to check back later.

Hello Maniacs -

This morning I did David Kirsch's Power Body followed by Prevention Cardio. Workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 520 calories. Had a hard time getting my HR up today. Had to really work at it. Not sure if I'm tired or what.

I'm off today. Going to get highlights/low lights in my hair. Going out to dinner later too.

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - that is very good that they are setting up a workout room for you!! I know you'll need it. Moves are stressful and the best way for me to deal with stress is with exercise!! Not sure if you are the same, but I think it might help! take care of yourself and please eat.

Deb - when did you get a bike? I want one and I also have been wanting rollerblades.

Does anyone here have rollerblades?

Debbie...That's great that you are enjoying this rotation...makes a huge difference with outcomes!
Diane Sue...Very cool that they set up a workout room for you!
Lora...I'm gettin' my hair done and going to dinner tonight too! Enjoy yours!
Hi Meg and Char!

Had a great workout yesterday. Felt strong!
SHOULDERS
BB Press: 40# 4x8
Arnold Press: 27# 3x6, 25# 3x6
Rear Delt Raise: 25# 5x8
DB Laterals: 17# 3x8, 15# 3x8
DB Front Raises: 12# 3x10
BICEPS
EZ Bar Curl: 50# 4x6
Concentration Curl: 30# 1x6 1x5, 27# 1x8 1x7, 25# 1x8
Hammer Curl w/twist: 20# 3x10
TRICEPS ( I hate working tri's!)
Skullcrushers: 40# 3x8
OH Press: 30# 3x8
Kickbacks: 12# 3x8

No workout for me today as I am getting my hair done and going to dinner. The pain in my butt and leg are gone....thank goodness. It was weird...just glad its gone.

Have a great day maniacs!

Deb - when did you get a bike? I want one and I also have been wanting rollerblades.

Lora - I have a Yamaha V-Star motorcycle, not a peddle bike. Not sure if you knew that or not. I love it. I got it last summer and my dh got a Ninja. We really enjoy riding them. Not much exercise though! Unless you count holding them up at stop lights. LMAO!!!

It's BEAUTIFUL here today! Got my bike out and can't wait to ride to work! :cool:

Debbie - Great workout as always! And enjoy that bike!:D

Good morning. Last night I did Lowmax, but it was the version from FitTV so it wasn't the complete wo, so I tacked on 5 Imax3 blasts, then did Coremax 1. I was soaked with sweat and it felt great.

Meg - Great sweatfest!

I didn't get a chance to workout yesterday so I suppose the world is not gonna fall on my head. Life still goes on. So today will do chest/shoulders/tri's and abs.

Char - That's a tough thing for us maniacs, to realize that the world won't stop if we don't workout. :p

Does anyone here have rollerblades?

Lora - I have rollerblades, but don't use them as much as I would like. Hoping it will happen more as my kids get older.

The pain in my butt and leg are gone....thank goodness. It was weird...just glad its gone.

Sonya - Nice workout, Lots of sets! Glad to hear your leg is better! Enjoy you dinner! BTW, I love working tri's.

DianeSue
- Tha's great that they are setting up a workout room for you!:D

Okay, I made sure to leave no doubt that my upper body had been worked today. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Walking is still very difficult, so unless there is some major improvement, my leg workout will have to be delayed until Saturday.

4DS HIS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise, doing one side at a time. (so everything on the right, then everything on the left, repeat)

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm Kickback - 8#
One Arm Row - 25#
One Arm Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm DB Curl - 12#
One Arm Overhead Press - 10#
One Arm Floor Chest Press - 20#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, everything on one side.

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 16,12,10,8,5,3 #
***Upped the first set by 1#
One Arm Kickback - 22,16,12,10,8,5 #
***Upped the first set by 2# and second set by 1#, also made sure to hold contraction at the top.
One Arm Row - 52,45,40,35,30,25,#
***Realized today that I forgot to use my versagripps here that's why I had so much trouble, used them today and started at 52# versus 45# and dropped from there
One Arm Lat Raise - 16,12,10,8,5,3 #
***Again upped the first set by 1#
One Arm DB Curl - 30,25,20,15,10,8 #
***Started with 30# today instead of 25#, was some two finger assists going on with the first couple sets, by the end had to skip 12# & drop to 10# & 8 to finish
One Arm Overhead Press - 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***Weight pretty much the same except finished with 8# instead of 5# so up 3# on last set.
One Arm Chest Press - 35,30,25,20,15,10 #
***Switched this to a bench chest press versus the floor and upped last set 2# from 10# to 12#

Now if I don't have DOMS in my upper body tomorrow, I will be completely flabergasted. I was complete toast by the end. When you finish the right and realize you have to do it all agian on the left your like "Oh, No!"

Finished the workout with some stretches on my own, because I was out of time. Workout was 1:04 and I burned 456 calories. Up about 40 calories and workout was 4 minutes shorter than the other day.

Last edited:
I am so tired today. I need to go home and sleep for like 24 hours!

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Low cal day again.

M1: On whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/avacado & thin slice provolone; Kiwi
M5: Cottage cheese w/2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam (much better then the salsa but still hate cc!)
M6: Parmesan talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1607 calories
55 g. fat - 31%
146 g. protein - 36%
140 g. carbs - 35%

I need to find something else other then salmon or talapia. Getting tired of that.

Linda - You did a one arm kickback with 22#!? Wow girl, nice job!!! That would kill my shoulder. Excellent workout! You better be sore tomorrow! :eek:

Linda - You did a one arm kickback with 22#!? Wow girl, nice job!!! That would kill my shoulder. Excellent workout! You better be sore tomorrow! :eek:

Yeah I was mad about the no DOMS thing, but I only managed it for 4 reps (barely :p). Good news is I can already feel my chest getting sore!:D:D So we shall see.
Oh forgot to tell ya, what I really like about this rotation is the only two days of cardio. Kinda feeling cardioed-out lately.

Last edited:
Sonya - I hope your hair turns out better than mine. Mine turned out sort of dark.....not sure I'm liking it. Also, I've been wondering.....I saw a post where you said you walked and got your HR up in the 150's. I wore my 10 lb weight vest and can't get it that high walking uphill. What is your secret? Also, what does your resting HR run?

I did my Lean 1 workout. Did all my tricep pushups on the toes! My biceps are totally done for the night lol! I do my weight wo's in my bedroom so I really watch in the mirrors, and I am definately starting to like what I see in definition. Got more to go of course, but I am happy :)

Sonya - I hope your hair turns out better than mine. Mine turned out sort of dark.....not sure I'm liking it. Also, I've been wondering.....I saw a post where you said you walked and got your HR up in the 150's. I wore my 10 lb weight vest and can't get it that high walking uphill. What is your secret? Also, what does your resting HR run?

Lora - what incline and speed do you use? I know mine gets higher than most here but as a guide, mine will speed up on 15% incline at 4 mph walking, once I get going, with the vest. I do Spinervals often and those guys get close to 200 sometimes. Tuesday, I did one and he had us take HR at the end when it was high and timed it to see how it came down. Mine came down right on cue as it should have. I've gotten mine into the 190s before but not often - I usually see 180s.

Lora,
I have rollerblades, but it's been forever since I've used them. I can skate fine, but I am kinda scared of being anywhere near traffic, so that cuts down on options. I also don't have anyone to go with. BF has a bike, so I wouldnt mind getting one of those so we could do that together.

Today's workout was Strikezone strikes 1-6, and then the abs from Amy's Hi/Lo Knockout. Haven't done strikezone in forever. It was pretty fun. I don't tend to do much cardio so I felt sufficiently worked even though I didn't do the whole dvd. I should probably build my endurance a bit more.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.