Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 5/20

Today was Bicep/Tricep supersets. Had an excellent workout. Love doing this workout!

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 seconds between each set except for last exercise.

BICEPS/TRICEPS
SS #1
EZ Barbell Preacher Curl:
50# - 8/8/8
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 8/8/8
***Loved this one. Could go heavy and by the last set I was pushing the last two reps.

SS #2
Hammer Curls w/Twist:
20's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Lying Barbell Extensions:
45# - 10/10/10
***Again, good weights for these reps.

SS #3
Reverse Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 12/12/12
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12
***Another good superset. Triceps really felt this one.

Concentration Curls:
20# - 10 reps each arm
15# - 15 reps each arm
12# - 20 reps each arm
***Took a 30 second rest between each set. My peak is not as defined so I know this exercise makes that pop. Want to add them in when I can.

That is all....

As expected, I can barely walk today. And this morning I was so tired and my bed so comfortable, I almost did not get up. Then on very sore legs I thought the most I could handle was LIC cardio premix, so I did that on two risers adding impact :p then added combo/blast one from 4 DS LIS and stretch from HIS. Also did abs, doing one set of 20 reps for each exercise.

Twisting Bench Crunch
Toes to Ceiling
Reverse Bench Crunch
Knee Tuck

Workout was 1:04 and I burned 520 calories.

Oh, and I lost another pound. :D Only 4 more to go :D then I will re-evalute from there. My current goal is a pair of shorts, I can get them on, but not too happy with the fit, they need to be a bit looser.

Debbie
- That was a nice arm workout!

Linda - I read your workout from yesterday! :eek: Holy crap, you go girl! Nice job! And great job today too, even though you can barely walk!

I did my Lean 3 (not 2) last night and it was a good one. I really pushed it with my shoulders and I did all my push-ups on my toes finally. It was hard. I like lean 3 because it incorporates more core work.

Tonight is cardio. I still have all afternoon to decide what :)

Deb and Linda- very nice workouts! Funny about your legs Linda!

Yesterday we had movers here loading up the heavy stuff. Lots of things going on around here. We have inspection on our other place tomorrow.

I got a workout in this morning. We have to finish loading up the last of the stuff today. I did Tracey's Hi/Lo med ball med ball premix repeating the med ball segments a third time at the end. I then did Strike Zone strikes 2-6 and Cooldown Total calories burned was 555. Didn't really get my HR up that much today.

Today was Bicep/Tricep supersets. Had an excellent workout. Love doing this workout!

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 seconds between each set except for last exercise.

BICEPS/TRICEPS
SS #1
EZ Barbell Preacher Curl:
50# - 8/8/8
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 8/8/8
***Loved this one. Could go heavy and by the last set I was pushing the last two reps.

SS #2
Hammer Curls w/Twist:
20's - 10/10/10
superset w/
Lying Barbell Extensions:
45# - 10/10/10
***Again, good weights for these reps.

SS #3
Reverse Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 12/12/12
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12
***Another good superset. Triceps really felt this one.

Concentration Curls:
20# - 10 reps each arm
15# - 15 reps each arm
12# - 20 reps each arm
***Took a 30 second rest between each set. My peak is not as defined so I know this exercise makes that pop. Want to add them in when I can.

That is all....

Debbie, that is a great workout. I do triceps and biceps today as well. With the 4DS. Not like you of course, but I'm getting there.

As expected, I can barely walk today. And this morning I was so tired and my bed so comfortable, I almost did not get up. Then on very sore legs I thought the most I could handle was LIC cardio premix, so I did that on two risers adding impact :p then added combo/blast one from 4 DS LIS and stretch from HIS. Also did abs, doing one set of 20 reps for each exercise.

Twisting Bench Crunch
Toes to Ceiling
Reverse Bench Crunch
Knee Tuck

Workout was 1:04 and I burned 520 calories.

Oh, and I lost another pound. :D Only 4 more to go :D then I will re-evalute from there. My current goal is a pair of shorts, I can get them on, but not too happy with the fit, they need to be a bit looser.

Linda, I have a love/hate relationship with DOMS. Nice to know they are doing good, but they hurt in a good way.:confused: Great workouts. Congratulations on losing a pound. Yeah!:p

I did my Lean 3 (not 2) last night and it was a good one. I really pushed it with my shoulders and I did all my push-ups on my toes finally. It was hard. I like lean 3 because it incorporates more core work.
Tonight is cardio. I still have all afternoon to decide what :)
Megadoo, Congratulations on doing Toe Push Ups. Yes!:D Great workout by the way.

Today is 4DS Biceps and Triceps...

See you all later,

Janie

Debbie....Nice workout. When you do the weighted bench dips do you just place a plate in your lap or use a bb?

Linda...I was wondering how your legs would feel this morning. :p That was a kick ass workout.

Meg....Are the "lean" workouts your doing with Chalene?

Hi Janie and Diane Sue!

I have a pain in my right bum cheek....it is radiating down to my foot. Not sure what the cause is. Will do Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps today. Will most likely skip cardio if pain still there.

Had a great workout yesterday.

BACK
Chins: 8-8-8
Pull-ups: I DID 4 UNASSISTED!!!!!!!:D 10-10 asst (wide grip)
Rack Pulls: w/up 125# 10x, 170# 6x6
Chest Supp DB Rows: 30# 5x8
1 Arm Rows: 35# 3x10
CHEST
DB Bench Press: 35# 3x8
BB Bench Press: 110# 1x5, 105# 2x6, 100# 2x5
Chest Dips: 4x4
Push-Ups# 1x20, 1x10, 2x10 (knees)
ABS
Reverse Crunch 3x12
Scissor Kicks 3x 20 secs
Ex Ball Roll-In: 20x
Weighted Crunch: 10# 4x12
Dragon Flags 2x15
Oblique Crunch 2x ea side, 20 reps
Crossover Crunch 10 ea side
CARDIO
HITT on TM
28 minutes
2.77 miles
323 cal burned
157 peak heart rate

MEALS for today:
M1: 6 e/w, 1 egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal w/flaxseed, blueberries
M2: protein shake, strawberries
M3: sashimi salad
M4: orange (pre-workout)
M5: surge (post-workout)
M6: orange roughy, grapefruit, strawberries
M7: protein shake, almonds
Calories: 1710, Carbs: 153, Fat: 45, Protein: 174

Sonya, yes it is with Chalean's CLX. I have 2 more weeks of it and then I don't know what I am going to do!

What are Dragon Flags???

Linda - I read your workout from yesterday! :eek: Holy crap, you go girl! Nice job! And great job today too, even though you can barely walk!

Thanks, Debbie. Will be interesting to see if I can do that workout again by Friday or if I'll have to wait til Saturday!:p Looking forward to tomorrow's shot at upper body again. I am determined to walk away with more DOMS this time.:eek::p

Meg
- WTG, on the pushups! Was wondering, like Sonya what the Lean is that you are referring to?

Yesterday we had movers here loading up the heavy stuff. Lots of things going on around here. We have inspection on our other place tomorrow.

I got a workout in this morning. We have to finish loading up the last of the stuff today. I did Tracey's Hi/Lo med ball med ball premix repeating the med ball segments a third time at the end. I then did Strike Zone strikes 2-6 and Cooldown Total calories burned was 555. Didn't really get my HR up that much today.

DianeSue - Surprised with all the packing you are doing, that you even need to workout!

Linda...I was wondering how your legs would feel this morning. :p That was a kick ass workout.

I have a pain in my right bum cheek....it is radiating down to my foot. Not sure what the cause is. Will do Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps today. Will most likely skip cardio if pain still there.

Sonya - Thanks. Sorry about the pain in your bum. Doesn't sound fun since it goes down into your foot. Hope it feels better soon.

Diane Sue - I certainly don't envy you right now. Hope the moving goes smoothly.

Sonya - I use a loaded barbell when I do bench dips. Nice job on the chins and pullups! :eek:

Hi guys! I did STS Disc 14 Legs this morning with DH. I think we almost passed out. :eek: I noticed that one some sets, DH didn't even use weight. :D

Trisets- do each triset with 10 seconds between each exercise. Rest one minute, repeat triset, rest one minute and repeat triset AGAIN. 10 reps of each exercise. Everything was with dumbbells except for the deadlifts on the platform. I am just listing total weight since I wore a vest for some of it. It is supposed to be about 70% of your 1RM but for me it is an estimate. I squat a lot more than this when I do GS Legs for instance, but since this moves so fast, there is only so much weight you can manage.

Squats- 60#
One Leg Elevated Lunges- 35#
**DH kept falling over :)
Deadlifts Wide Stance- 65#

Static Lunge- 50#
**I need to go heavier here
Plie Squats Alternating Hand- 45#
**My favorite leg exercise- need to go heavier
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with paper plate- 35#
**Thought these would be easy but OMG they were the WORST

Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform- 90#
Side Slide Lunges with paper plate- 20#
Squats Narrow Stance- 60#

One Legged Calf Raises-endless reps- started with 40#, down to 35#, down to 30# :eek:

Debbie: Great workout! I love concentration curls- kind of excited for my first Meso 2 biceps workout on Friday. :)

Sonya: Way to go on those pull ups! Hope the leg pain goes away- I hate weird pain like that, especially when it affects the workout. :mad: My right knee is bugging me lately and it is making me mad!

Meg: Glad you are liking CLX! I have to try it- maybe this winter.

Linda: Can I join you in leg DOMS? OMG I can tell they are going to be sore already! Awesome. :)

Diane Sue: Way to get that workout in, but I knew you would. :)

megadoo;1879272What are Dragon Flags???[/quote said:
Meg..Dragon Flags are a type of crunch...Bruce Lee style! I got them out of the Muscle and Fitness mag. you can google them to see how they are done. Very effective.

Sorry about the pain in your bum. Doesn't sound fun since it goes down into your foot. Hope it feels better soon.

Linda...Thanks. It's weird. Never experienced anything like this before.

Nice job on the chins and pullups! :eek:

Deb....Thanks! I was stoked. A part of it was mind over matter. I was so determined to do one....and then I did 4! :D Regular grip though. My next mission is to be able to do a wide grip pull-up.

Trisets- do each triset with 10 seconds between each exercise. Rest one minute, repeat triset, rest one minute and repeat triset AGAIN.
Hope the leg pain goes away- I hate weird pain like that, especially when it affects the workout. :mad: My right knee is bugging me lately and it is making me mad!

Patti...I have incorporated a triset workout for upper body into my current rotation. I have gotten great results with it. That's the thing the pain is weird...it started after I did cardio after a leg day (not a wise choice) and it was just in my bum...now it's throughout the whole leg. :confused: Hope your knee feels better.

Hey Maniacs!!!!

Couldn't post this morning as something was wrong with website. Anyhow, had a great day so far. Went up on the mountain with a friend..gorgeous..birds flying over the mountains and extremely peaceful. Great conversation too. I am just now getting ready to workout chest/shoulders/tri's and abs. Yesterday went 13 miles on bike.

Believe it or not, my foods have been excellent lately. Even yesterday when I was working with dh I brought all my foods in except for dinner. I figure I could get a Subway sub and still be ok. So that's what I did. And even when I was down at my dad's for his wake I brought all my foods with me and then just ate what one of my sister-in-laws made for dinner. So I'm pretty proud of myself. It's been a long time since I've eaten like this. Feels good.

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Today was suppose to be a high day, but with having Subway yesterday I didn't want to do that. So today was a low calorie day.

M1: On whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/avacado & thin slice provolone
M5: Cottage cheese w/2 tbsp. low sugar strawberry jam (much better then the salsa but still hate cc!)
M6: Parmesan talapia; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1561 calories
54.5 g. fat - 31%
145 g. protein - 37%
129 g. carbs - 33%

Patti - Nice workout girl!!!

Sonya - Wide grips are tough. I think I got up to about 8 or 10 on those but I don't do them anymore because they put a lot of strain on my elbows, wrists and shoulder. I'll stick with chins, they get the job done.

Char - Glad to see you are still alive! LMAO! (She knows what I mean!) ;)

Linda, I just read about your leg workout the other day; awesome workout for sure!

Today's workout for me was the Muscle Max upper body push/pull premix. Now off to bed soon. So much work to do tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.