Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 5/14

Today was Leg day. Had a pretty good workout and it feels good to go back to normal sets w/rest. Having huge problems with my hamstrings. To the point where I'm thinking of going to the doc's, although they'll tell me the usual, "There is nothing wrong."

6 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set and exercise.

QUADS
Squats:
75# - 3 sets/8 reps
***Went a bit light and glad I did. It's been over 8 weeks since I've done barbell squats.

Leg Press Station:
170# - 3 sets/10 reps
***LOVE this exercise and I'm so glad I purchased this piece of equipment. It was worth every penny.

Leg Extension:
80# - 3 sets/12 reps
70# - 10 reps
65# - 8 reps
60# - 8 reps
***Wow, after the first drop set my quads were on fire. I was really shooting for 10 reps each set.

HAMSTRINGS
Elevated Barbell SLDL:
75# - 3 sets/8 reps
***I can do these fine, hamstrings felt tight with the down movement, but no pain.

Hamstring Curls:
45# - 3 sets/10 reps
35# - 8 reps
***I started with 55# and I could not believe it, but I couldn't even bring the weight up. This has never happened. My legs just would not pull the weight up. Dropped it to 45# and by the last 2 reps I was saying some not very nice things to myself. Tried one drop set and stopped. I could not believe how much this hurt.

CALVES
Gym Style Calf Work

Then I did the stretch from GS Legs and did some extra hamstring stretches. This concerns me because I stretch my glutes and hamstring EVERY night because I am in such pain all the time. It feels really good when I get done but within an hour they are tight again. I can press on the back where my glute and hamstring meets and feel the tightness. I may sit on a heating pad tonight and see if that might loosen it up.

That is all....

Wow Deb, that is really strange. I have no answers of course, but I hope you find some. HOw frustrating. Good luck.

Well I had a fantabulous time last night with the girls. I tried on like 6 dresses and I felt GOOD in all of them. I couldn't believe it, because after my hiatus from fitness and dealing with the split of my marriage, yadda, yadda, I had not felt good in a LONG time. I have really made some awesome changes in the last few months. I am sure by the time I pick up the dress, I will have to go down atleast one size :) So happy for this!

Anyway, I got home to late as expected, and ate at the Cheesecake Factory (oh boy)! But like I said it was worth to hang out with my friends and have a girls night.

So back on track with Lean 2 tonight.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday did this (90 sec rest):

CHEST:
Bench 60# (up 5#) 5/12
Incline DB Press 20's 3/12
Incline DB Flyes 15's 3/12

SHOULDERS:
Arnold Presses 15's 5/12
DB Lat Raises 12's (went up 2#) 3/12
Bent Over Lat Raises 10's (up from 8#) 3/12

TRICEPS
Overhead DB Press 25# db 5/12 (up 5#)
Lying DB Ext 10's 3/12
Dips (BW) 3/12

ABS: MM plus 25 hanging knee raises and bonus ab work that Shana sent

TODAY: I am gonna go on elliptical on incline of 15 for 50 mins and see what happens. I want my speed to be between 4-6mph, but I will see what this body wants to do and push for it, nonetheless.

Debbie,

Didn't know you were having them problems with hamstrings. Girl, your keeping things from me. :mad:;) Great workout though. Bobby was thinking of getting me a leg press machine over the weekend. I wish he would have.

Meg,

Glad to hear you had a good time with your friends. Cheesecake? Oh, my! Was it good? haha. Have a great time working it off.

This morning I did STS Mesocycle 2 Disc 24 week 4 Back and Biceps and was able to increase a lot of the weights from the first time I did this. I followed this with STS abs circuits no partner med ball abs, Amy's Kickbox surge core refining, and Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs #1 with the kettlebell and then the stretch. Total calories burned was 558.
Post workout was a pumpkin protein pancake. I did not have anything pre workout.

Debbie, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your hamstrings. I have had mine hurt so bad before that it was hard to sit in the car without adjusting positions. I even put a cold water bottle under the area switching back and forth from one leg to the other while driving to help lessen the pain. They have since improved. The foam roller really helps a lot. I have found that working a lot on flexibility has helped. I hate doing it because it sometimes seems like a waste of time but I know it helps a lot. Right now I can feel them some but I have not been doing yoga and stretching as long and as much as usual due to time limits.

Debbie, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your hamstrings. I have had mine hurt so bad before that it was hard to sit in the car without adjusting positions. I even put a cold water bottle under the area switching back and forth from one leg to the other while driving to help lessen the pain. They have since improved. The foam roller really helps a lot. I have found that working a lot on flexibility has helped. I hate doing it because it sometimes seems like a waste of time but I know it helps a lot. Right now I can feel them some but I have not been doing yoga and stretching as long and as much as usual due to time limits.

Diane Sue - I have heard good things about the foam roller now that you mention that. Maybe I'll check those out. Where do you find those? Can the ones kids use in pools work or is it something special? Thanks for the advice!

Where the heck is everyone today????

Low calorie day #4

MEALS FOR TODAY

Low calorie day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey patty w/avacado & provolone cheese on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M5: 1/2 c. cottage cheese mixed with cilantro salsa
M6: Parmesan Tilapia; salda w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1501 calories
54 g. fat - 32%
135 g. protein - 36%
126 g. carbs - 34%

4th day of low calories. So far so good. I am hungry here and there during the day, but nothing I can't deal with. I just swig some water and I'm good to go. I'll stay low cal one more day, have my high cal on Saturday and start with the three low, one high on Sunday. Hope I see something positive on the scale Saturday morning.

I posted pictures of Mother's Day stuff if anyone wants to check it out.

Alright, time for lunch and that 15 level incline for 50 mins. Oh, mY!!!!

Hello Maniacs-

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx Power Body followed by a walk/run on the TM with my 10 lb weight vest and hand weights. I also did drills where I ran up the cellar steps and then the upstairs steps and stopped and did Kettlebell swings before going downstairs again. Did this several times. Workout was 75" and I burned 710 calories. I also did the Restorative 30" Stretch from David's Rx series.

I'm off today and tomorrow....yippee. Going to get my hair cut/colored/highlighted this afternoon and tomorrow I have a doc appt in the early AM and then I'm going to get my makeup done at work, as the National Make Up Artists are there tomorrow for Lancome.

Deb - I hear ya on the "thutt" pain! I've had severe tightness and pain there since I've been doing this David Kirsch rotation. Also, I injured my leg right where the hamstring and inner thigh connect back in October. Pulled something there and have had a heck of a time getting it to heal. I have a foam roller, but I don't pull it out often enough......mostly cuz it hurts so bad along the IT band, etc. I find that the hamstrings are VERY hard to get with the foam roller. I might have to watch one of my videos to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Have a great day everyone.

Diane Sue - I have heard good things about the foam roller now that you mention that. Maybe I'll check those out. Where do you find those? Can the ones kids use in pools work or is it something special? Thanks for the advice!

Debbie - Sorry to hear you are dealing with such pain. You sure have been quite about it. Anyway, you can get a foam roller at any sporting goods store like Dick's. You can also get them at Target, but they only carry the short one and I highly recommend the full 3' one. And a pool noodle won't work because it is not wide enough around to give you surface area to roll. HTH! I love my roller when I am tight. Just wish I found more time to use it.

This morning I did 4DS BC and 4DS KB cardio skipping the warmup. Did the 1 set of 20 on each of the ab exercises that Shana set out, and finished with the stretch from 4DS KB. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 445 calories. Back has DOMS from yesterday's kettlebells.

Debbie, I have a short foam roller and a 3 foot. Generally you would want a 6 inch by 3 foot one. You can buy them at Amazon or perform better. Check around. DH got mine off of e bay. There are lots of places that you can view foam roller techniques on the internet. Also some youtube clips. I think the pool noodle wouldn't be quite as firm either.

Charlotte, it looks like you had a great time on mother's day. I had to laugh about your dd helping cook in a coat. Must have been really cold:)

Lora, I have Lawrence Biscontini's foam roller workout and somehow he manages to hit every single muscle well in that dvd. It is long though and can only be separated into the first 15 minutes and then the last 47 minutes. I just forward to where I left off. I don't really like his personality so much but learned a lot from that workout. He even does stuff for the wrists and carpals. Maybe you already have this one?:)

Thanks everyone about the foam roller. I will make it a point to get one. Linda, I guess I just haven't said anything about it because I'm hoping it will go away. Even with my week off I was in pain. This sucks. :mad:

Hello ladies! I am really late checking in. I my superset workout this morning and had a good work out. Feeling really good. i got dressed today to go to work and pulled out a pants suite I bought in 2001 - right after we moved here and it is loose!

Debbie, I highly recommend massage therapy.

He even does stuff for the wrists and carpals.

DianeSue - Maybe I should look into this one?

Thanks everyone about the foam roller. I will make it a point to get one. Linda, I guess I just haven't said anything about it because I'm hoping it will go away. Even with my week off I was in pain. This sucks. :mad:

Debbie - All I can say is you are one heck of a trooper to be in all that pain and not say anything about it..and, and, continue working out, especially that Tabata:eek:!

Hey Maniacs!!!

I finished my workout. Went on elliptical and set it on 15 incline and went for 50 mins. Really didn't feel like I was moving fast enough because it is a bit hard to run (lol)..

Stats:

Cals Burned 472
Miles 3.0
Time 50 mins
Incline: 15
Speeds 3-4mph and hit 5mph for 5 mins.

Then I did the stretch from GS Legs and did some extra hamstring stretches. This concerns me because I stretch my glutes and hamstring EVERY night because I am in such pain all the time. It feels really good when I get done but within an hour they are tight again. I can press on the back where my glute and hamstring meets and feel the tightness. I may sit on a heating pad tonight and see if that might loosen it up.

Debbie, good job with your workout! I'm glad you got great advice on the roller. Just wanted you to know, that I have one, and use it all the time. It's like a deep message. It hurts so good! Sometimes, though it hurts. But it truly is worth it. Hope you find one soon.

Well I had a fantabulous time last night with the girls. I tried on like 6 dresses and I felt GOOD in all of them. I couldn't believe it, because after my hiatus from fitness and dealing with the split of my marriage, yadda, yadda, I had not felt good in a LONG time. I have really made some awesome changes in the last few months. I am sure by the time I pick up the dress, I will have to go down atleast one size :) So happy for this!
Anyway, I got home to late as expected, and ate at the Cheesecake Factory (oh boy)! But like I said it was worth to hang out with my friends and have a girls night.
So back on track with Lean 2 tonight.

Megadoo, I didn't know you were having problems like this. I'm glad to hear you are dealing with it well. Changes you've made seem to be doing the trick. Good for You! Congratulations on going down a size. Yeah!:D Back on track again. Yes;). You are inspiring.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!TODAY: I am gonna go on elliptical on incline of 15 for 50 mins and see what happens. I want my speed to be between 4-6mph, but I will see what this body wants to do and push for it, nonetheless.

Char, Great workout. How was the elliptical?

This morning I did STS Mesocycle 2 Disc 24 week 4 Back and Biceps and was able to increase a lot of the weights from the first time I did this. I followed this with STS abs circuits no partner med ball abs, Amy's Kickbox surge core refining, and Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs #1 with the kettlebell and then the stretch. Total calories burned was 558.
Post workout was a pumpkin protein pancake. I did not have anything pre workout.

Diane Sue, great job on your workout too.

Debbie, love the way you are tricking your body with food. I'm doing that right now too. Interesting isn't it?

I posted pictures of Mother's Day stuff if anyone wants to check it out.
Char, the pictures are great!

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx Power Body followed by a walk/run on the TM with my 10 lb weight vest and hand weights. I also did drills where I ran up the cellar steps and then the upstairs steps and stopped and did Kettlebell swings before going downstairs again. Did this several times. Workout was 75" and I burned 710 calories. I also did the Restorative 30" Stretch from David's Rx series.
I'm off today and tomorrow....yippee. Going to get my hair cut/colored/highlighted this afternoon and tomorrow I have a doc appt in the early AM and then I'm going to get my makeup done at work, as the National Make Up Artists are there tomorrow for Lancome.

Lora, Good job on your workout. Enjoy your rest days. You deserve them. How did your hair/makeup/doc appts. turn out? It sounded so lovely (except maybe the doc appt.).

Hey Maniacs!!!
I finished my workout. Went on elliptical and set it on 15 incline and went for 50 mins. Really didn't feel like I was moving fast enough because it is a bit hard to run (lol)..
Stats:
Cals Burned 472
Miles 3.0
Time 50 mins
Incline: 15
Speeds 3-4mph and hit 5mph for 5 mins.
I was wondering how the elliptical went for you. Thanks for sharing that. Good job by the way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.